+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sylaen
  • 1 Post By Wrastion
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory

Thread: Queue Times and Population

Ascendant

Default Queue Times and Population

What are the off-peak queue times like and how many players are in a typical match?

I've been a bit bored... Is it hard to gear up now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    What are the off-peak queue times like and how many players are in a typical match?

I've been a bit bored... Is it hard to gear up now?
    Hi,

Warfronts are near to non-existent off-peak. If you do happen to get a pop, you'll be ending up with 1vs5, 3vs4, 2vs2 kind of match-ups where there is 1 fully geared player in a meta build, preferrably a melee build, that facerolls the already in disadvantage enemy.

That is 90% of the time the case. On weekends, where most PVP players play, you'll see one or two matches with more than 10 players on each side. That usually occurs during 5pm to 7pm server time. Before and after that will be the same as beforementioned.

Judging by the developer's recent activities (or lack thereof), this will not change in any near future. I have put the effort to create a long list of suggestions from multiple pvp players to improve PVP, have reported bugs, got in contact with a CM, but little to no attention was shown to my efforts. It doesn't matter if it's holidays now. My experience in pre-covid 2019 and outside holidays was exactly the same.

On a satirical note, the most active thread in the PVP section now is a thread started by someone with the intent to expose the activities of people ingame to the public. That thread has now devolved into the pettiest forum pvp this game has ever seen, that is reminiscent of pre-pubescent high-school bullying with no authorities around, in this case, forum moderators, to prevent such childish behaviour from grown-ups past their 40s.

Or maybe the authorities are just having a good laugh at this circus and eventually proceed to ignore the forums for the next coming months as a routine.

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 12-25-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Plane Touched

there is a new Wow expension. the few people that were playing rift are now in Wow i guess

Ascendant

The general answer is, play towards the evening hours. Weekends are fine to get matches.

Gearing will be an impossible slog if you only pvp and dont pay real cash for stuff. Leveling to 70 is not that bad, nor is going a month or so to get your full slayers pvp gear via favor earned by pvp’ing.

There is a system called frags, however, that is truly horrendous RNG, with a long, long time to max them out if all you do is pvp. You will also get unlucky with some while upgrading them since they give random stats and you will have to scrap and start over if you want the best stats. Also, the frags used to drop at a much better rate/better tiers from what I have read and also seen players with frags that blow mine out of the water (and this after playing only pvp again for over a year), so I tend to take this as truth. Also, if you only pvp, the BIS integrated enchants wont be affordable at all, and you will generally not be able to constantly afford the best buff potions and all the item temporary enchants, nor will you be able to afford healing potions. All this will be extremely noticeable when you join and other players kill you in 5 seconds.

If you pay, you can max your pvp frags and be instantly competitive once you get the slayers gear and integrated BIS enchants. You can also afford to be fully buffed, and use healing potions. Buying favor pots you can also get all slayers in a good week or two of play. If you also pay your loyalty tier will allow you to abuse insta mounting in wfs to literally mount and run away in the middle of fights on several wfs. If you want more info on the pay to win aforementioned method ask for any number of EU players who began playing in NA.

Summary: I have never recommended this game to any friends due to the aforementioned. If you pve or pay you will obviously have a different experience, but you would also be spending good time pve’ing just to gain plat to better yourself via pvp.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-26-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    there is a new Wow expension. the few people that were playing rift are now in Wow i guess
    I must admit I'm one of those players, simply because there hasn't been anything relevant added in the game for years. Thought I got to say, WoW PvP is much more unbalanced due to the new covenant abilities and being so early in the expansion, you can literally one shot an enemy with one ability everytime it is up. Not to mention about not being immune to CC, yeah Rift PvP isn't in the best of spots but it is certainly slightly better than other games

Also to the OP, you might want to get in a group with other players, during off-peak hours premades have near to no opposition and are usually the ones dominating the warfronts late at night. When you are in such a scenario, might as well pvp mostly during peak hours from afternoon to early evenings throughout the week and weekends.
    Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

Plane Touched

yes Wow pvp is more umbalance and it's the same story with each new expansion.
    Rift is in better place, u don't eat CC 24h/24, it's more fast, more abilities
    In most mmorpg u have to farm the stuff. there are other mmo where the pay to win make is worse than here. If u want fast experience without having in head to farm, u have moba

"downtime" may be equal to EU time. it's not fun to jump in a 5v5 all the time either, but EU people can't play all the time from 1am to 6am eating 200ms when it's NA picktime

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    yes Wow pvp is more umbalance and it's the same story with each new expansion.
    Rift is in better place, u don't eat CC 24h/24, it's more fast, more abilities
    In most mmorpg u have to farm the stuff. there are other mmo where the pay to win make is worse than here. If u want fast experience without having in head to farm, u have moba

"downtime" may be equal to EU time. it's not fun to jump in a 5v5 all the time either, but EU people can't play all the time from 1am to 6am eating 200ms when it's NA picktime
    Rift was not built for the current event grinds. It was first built as a Theme Park MMO where progression was halted by mostly raid/dungeon lock outs and that was fine and enjoyable because they often had separate events year long that kept players busy and able to go solo the events on multiple toons. That was the the idea of the founding developers.

In order to fix the problem in Rift they have to actually build the grind into objectives of Events or the population and most played content would seem diminished and then mind share kicks in and everyone says the game is dead when in actuality it isn't. Everyone for a month is doing a single player game and all progression gets even more difficult to accomplish with group content.

Changing the criteria where event currency comes out of most played group content would go a longer way to repopulation of the servers. For instance, instead of the single play objectives. Complete several instant adventures, complete DRR, complete an expert dungeon, complete one of these ..TDNM, TDEZ, RoTP, BoS, win a warfront etc. In this way the events will be less selfish and it will help others out in the grind process.

P.S. I agree with you about WoW PvP.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-12-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RycoRobyn View Post

On a satirical note, the most active thread in the PVP section now is a thread started by someone with the intent to expose the activities of people ingame to the public. That thread has now devolved into the pettiest forum pvp this game has ever seen, that is reminiscent of pre-pubescent high-school bullying with no authorities around, in this case, forum moderators, to prevent such childish behaviour from grown-ups past their 40s.
    I will devolve this pice of crap post into forum pvp

PS! Black Panther was total horse****. Only BLM moron would think it was great, like the other side who thinks Trump is great

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RycoRobyn View Post
    Hi,

Warfronts are near to non-existent off-peak. If you do happen to get a pop, you'll be ending up with 1vs5, 3vs4, 2vs2 kind of match-ups where there is 1 fully geared player in a meta build, preferrably a melee build, that facerolls the already in disadvantage enemy.

That is 90% of the time the case. On weekends, where most PVP players play, you'll see one or two matches with more than 10 players on each side. That usually occurs during 5pm to 7pm server time. Before and after that will be the same as beforementioned.

Judging by the developer's recent activities (or lack thereof), this will not change in any near future. I have put the effort to create a long list of suggestions from multiple pvp players to improve PVP, have reported bugs, got in contact with a CM, but little to no attention was shown to my efforts. It doesn't matter if it's holidays now. My experience in pre-covid 2019 and outside holidays was exactly the same.

Or maybe the authorities are just having a good laugh at this circus and eventually proceed to ignore the forums for the next coming months as a routine.

Wakanda forever!
    dude cries about forum pvp and old men but wants to be included in the forum pvp so bad and is an old man lol lol

+ Reply to Thread