+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: [List] A collection of suggestions to fix PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Oh I agree with this. Most my builds have utility built into them. Most players dont know how to utilize it, though, in my opinion. Hence why anyone would find my builds crazy like a squishy ranged soul pulling players to them and losing 20% dps just to do that. Most players now just macro utility its auto for them. Not timed skillfully.
    That's because it's not the norm to play utility based PVP because you kill a player faster than your CC lasts in the current meta. People aren't used to it. They don't have the muscle memory.

The game is split, though, with those that could care less about winning (only kills) and those that only care about winning. So you literally can have a wf where kronos runs around in a pure mobile, utility built mix that cant kill anyone but is excellent for grabbing/holding points and objectives, Konstantine spawn camping contributing nothing to his teams loss so he feels good in a dueling build killing players not built for duels (and without that extra 154k insta heal a pop, unassailable it shows up as), and any number of dps kill count chasing players that run right by easily captured points and grab able objectives. All consider “winning” a different thing. One of these examples is considerably more pitiful then the other 2, obviously.
    You will always have these special children in every game. It's like they have to compensate for what's lacking in their irl. They enjoy making other players' experience ingame as miserable as possible because they have no other joy in life.

Without incentives to win this divide happens. Those needing gear upgrades/upgrade mats and those who need nothing.
    RIFT's PVP rewarding system is bottom line stupid. They reward the winning team, which is solely based on rng match ups, when the losing team needs the gear the most. It's like mother nature giving a baboon hair all over its body except for the hideous butt part where it needs it the most.

Personally, I think the warfront rng box should be given to the losing team and the winners get the favor. One has the stupid RNG thing and the other the reward they actually earned from winning.

On a side note you had a nice wf yesterday going 27-0 as harb. I still think harb needs fixing, but its utility is what Id nerf. It has loads of goodies and then some for the dps it does and mitigation.
    Remember when I said melee souls like Sin, BD, Warlord, Sham, Para and Harb are OP and then some dingles insulted me for saying that? Most notably Aedynn? Him and Coonstanstinks lost their minds and said I don't know how to melee. Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Now that I play melee Aedynn does the 180 and claims I play melee (Harb and Warlord/Warladin) because it's OP?

lol

I'm still missing 5 out of 6 crit power essences and my planar fragments are all (except 3) +0 random pve frags. The 3 PVP frags I got have Endurance and HP as main stat. It feels like some Dev maliciously tampered with my RNG so I only get crap if ever. But I hope I did send the message that these souls are OP. Or maybe it's just me...

Also, have you noticed how silent shillaen got ever since I brought up the autoclicker exploits? Very interesting...

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 03-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Is this literally him saying he's right about all the other melee souls being op because he can melee in harb. I really the level of thermonuclear cringe is just astounding.

"ive discovered that I've been right about all melee souls being op because I literally cheesed around in harb that's a dueling spec buffed for PVE purposes"

hes not talking his warrior cause ive been in 5 games with the warrior he thinks i don't know his name.

this is just absurd,

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Is this literally him saying he's right about all the other melee souls being op because he can melee in harb. I really the level of thermonuclear cringe is just astounding.

"ive discovered that I've been right about all melee souls being op because I literally cheesed around in harb that's a dueling spec buffed for PVE purposes"

hes not talking his warrior cause ive been in 5 games with the warrior he thinks i don't know his name.

this is just absurd,
    There are melee friendly warfronts
    There are range friendly warfronts
    There are “You really should play melee” warfronts
    There are “You really should play ranged” warfronts

If you need to know which are which I can list them for you.

Sometimes most warfronts that pop are mostly the melee ones. Happens a lot actually.

There are some warfronts the enemy has a train of dps
    There are some warfronts the enemy has good healers
    There are some warfronts the enemy has no healer, or no healer and your side does
    There are some warfronts the enemy plays mostly ranged, or the opposite, mostly melee.

Konstantine plays only melee.

Read through all that i wrote and even an 8 year old can find where the issue lies. I could literally ask a child what sentence doesnt fit.

This is your first problem with your statement on melee woes. Its like being 60 and refusing to use the internet. Get some ranged specs for when you need it.

The second issue is you believe you should be able to stand there and be beat on with no maneuvering skills. 3. Yes 3!!! Warrior souls are potentially the burstiest souls in game, made to kill s player in 5-8 seconds and most with maneuverability to get out of combat range. Its how i play my warrior. I stay in combat if fine or proccing bloodthirsty. I jump in and out if focused. If the wf seems too melee unfriendly I dont cry about it I switch to reaver which is actually pretty good if you bothered to learn it.

Cheating with a pve shield that heals for more then anything in game was never the solution, just an excuse. The best heal potion does 64k /2 minutes. How much does that shield heal for and how often is it usable? You tell us all. It also provides better defense then the pvp weapon, and you barely lose out on some dps stats. A warrior with that shield can sit at 9k dps due to warriors being overtuned in the first place. Convince anyone thats fair.

Players with excuses help ruin pvp. Players that try to fix the cheating want it to grow. How sad is it when I can clearly state you’ve never tried to fix the pvp issues or report cheating. You are a poster child for the opposite-cheating with excuses.

I screenshotted the shield, on you. Im going to report, you, using the shield. In my report I will list you know its an exploit and admit this, but justify cheating. That you ruin new players experience by exploiting unfairly, and are generally toxic spawncamping and yelling at players for being bad while openly cheating. Your disgusting, shameful behavior has finally prompted me to report this in a best-effort attempt to fix this. Lucky for you we all know Gamigo, but Im fed up with some behaviors that Im going to push for certain fixes not just on the forums.

You should have been the one reporting these things. It takes a thing called integrity to do the right thing even when no one knows it.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 03-05-2021 at 09:32 AM.

How is it, that I can't see his posts because I have him on ignore but can see them when you "reply with quote" them? This forum is messed up...

There are melee friendly warfronts
    There are range friendly warfronts
    There are “You really should play melee” warfronts
    There are “You really should play ranged” warfronts
    I hate to break this, but there is no ranged-unfriendly warfront map. All warfront maps can be played ranged without limitations. The only warfront that could be argued on about this matter is Blighted Antechamber, but I actually benefit from that map as Warlock (dots) and Inquisitor (strongest dot combination ingame with Seal of Pain and Sanction and the usual Rune of Return cheese).

The melee friendly maps you are referring to are actually a lot less than I'd want them to be. Melee is purely situational, imo. Low-pop warfronts (i.e. 5 vs 5) no matter what map is what I consider melee-friendly. Any warfront of the size bigger than that already benefits ranged more than melee.

There are some warfronts the enemy has a train of dps
    There are some warfronts the enemy has good healers
    There are some warfronts the enemy has no healer, or no healer and your side does
    There are some warfronts the enemy plays mostly ranged, or the opposite, mostly melee.

Konstantine plays only melee.
    You have to add the fact, that he is a terrible melee player. He did try ranged (MM, Dervish/Predator) but sucked at them even worse. The only time he can actually reach desired numbers is when he is pocket healed and even then his numbers are mostly thanks to maxed out gear and exploiting.

There are legit warriors, that play purely melee like his friend Puppy or his nemesis Dragnoss and they always perform better than him regardless of the map being played. There are no legit excuses for Coonstanstinks.

Read through all that i wrote and even an 8 year old can find where the issue lies. I could literally ask a child what sentence doesnt fit.
    I have read an article lately about certain autism cases that went on undiagnosed for a lifetime. I see some similarities with the article's signs and symptoms and Coonstunstable.

This is your first problem with your statement on melee woes. Its like being 60 and refusing to use the internet. Get some ranged specs for when you need it.
    Sorry to break in here as well. I have witnessed his ranged playing skills. They are actually even worse than his melee skills. I don't even know how that's possible.

The second issue is you believe you should be able to stand there and be beat on with no maneuvering skills. 3. Yes 3!!! Warrior souls are potentially the burstiest souls in game, made to kill s player in 5-8 seconds and most with maneuverability to get out of combat range. Its how i play my warrior. I stay in combat if fine or proccing bloodthirsty. I jump in and out if focused. If the wf seems too melee unfriendly I dont cry about it I switch to reaver which is actually pretty good if you bothered to learn it.
    Again, you are asking a fish to climb a tree here.

Cheating with a pve shield that heals for more then anything in game was never the solution, just an excuse. The best heal potion does 64k /2 minutes. How much does that shield heal for and how often is it usable? You tell us all. It also provides better defense then the pvp weapon, and you barely lose out on some dps stats. A warrior with that shield can sit at 9k dps due to warriors being overtuned in the first place. Convince anyone thats fair.
    This is not a rare phenomenon. There are plenty of them, whose egos are incapable of competing without clear advantage, even when it means acquiring advantage through illegitimate ways.

Players with excuses help ruin pvp. Players that try to fix the cheating want it to grow. How sad is it when I can clearly state you’ve never tried to fix the pvp issues or report cheating. You are a poster child for the opposite-cheating with excuses.
    People like Coonstonkstin have a very limited thought process in this matter due to self-applied limitations on how much punishment their egos can take.

I screenshotted the shield, on you. Im going to report, you, using the shield. In my report I will list you know its an exploit and admit this, but justify cheating. That you ruin new players experience by exploiting unfairly, and are generally toxic spawncamping and yelling at players for being bad while openly cheating. Your disgusting, shameful behavior has finally prompted me to report this in a best-effort attempt to fix this. Lucky for you we all know Gamigo, but Im fed up with some behaviors that Im going to push for certain fixes not just on the forums.
    I have more screenshots of him using the heals from the shield, in case you need them.

You should have been the one reporting these things. It takes a thing called integrity to do the right thing even when no one knows it.
    Integrity is not in his vocabulary.

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 03-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Compass Minerals' Goderich salt mine
    Compass Minerals' Goderich salt mine, located 1,800 feet under Lake Huron, is the largest underground salt mine in the world. The mine is as deep as the CN Tower in Toronto is tall. It has operated since 1959 and was acquired by Compass Minerals in 1990.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 03-05-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RycoRobyn View Post
    I have more screenshots of him using the heals from the shield, in case you need them.
    They're in my signature "General Screenshots Compendium" with some other nice screenshots. Make sure to check them all out!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 03-05-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    General Screenshots Compendium
    My Twitch Channel
    Ryco@Deepwood, Harbinger / Dadpool@Deepwood, Warladin

Wakanda forever!

Ascendant

I sent a detailed message to each of the Rift Team members, leaving it in their hands. I tried to be civil as much as I could in wording considering pvp thread gets completely ignored, but pointed out cheating on gets more players to quit and is a loss of revenue. At any rate, I gave it my best to help fix some things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26