+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: [List] A collection of suggestions to fix PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Toxic players such as yourself are a bigger threat to the game.
    When cheating players are more welcome than "players you don't like" is when the term toxic is properly applied.

In your case (post), it's not.

Wakanda forever!

Ascendant

Requested Chloro change:

It would be nice if entropic veil could be changed from a toggle to a cost similar to how Internalized charge works. Also allow it to apply to all healing instead of just chloro. This would create more synergy with FK healing and warlock.
    Fk already has plenty of charge consumers. I actually play a hybrid FK Chloro 37/39 build which adds a 3rd “charge consumer” from chloro and I find I have abilities off CD that I have to wait to use because 3 of my abilities fully drain or mostly drain my charge. Adding entropic to this might actually result in less heals using it. FK itself also doesnt need any help for its heals. Its already very strong.

What is strange, to me, is that my full chloro build casting natural healing appears as less healing then when my hybrid casts it. Unless tooltips are wrong on magelo talent calculator chloro should add 1.25% healing vs. FK 1% or FK talent tree just flat out adds more umph to its healing power then chloro (Im assuming).

I would simply turn entropic to a flat 15% chloro heal increase when filled out 3 points. FK needs no more heal increase it performs at a high level already. Full geared FK players are already at a sweet point of being tough to kill.

I hit around 6-7k sometimes into 8 on chloro with a full team and about 3k dps. Thats a total of about 9k added together which is not bad so doing dps and heals I dont see it needing much more save for if you want to just heal you dont really have a great option of spamming nat healing to forego dps to up your heals. To fix this I would reduce wild growth to 30 seconds down from 1 minute. Your mage aegis procs plenty and to maximize heals you pop wild growth when you get your 6 free nat. Healings. I feel Im waiting for it a lot because it is how you should be rotating from dps to heals vs. throwing out piddly nat. Heals in between just dps. Entropic veil, as is, also works against wild growth since both drain your charge fast, hence a flat 15% heal for chloro entropic veil heals suggestion. This would also help make chloro more viable in smaller groups, or at least manageable.

Edit: chloro is already a tougher soul to play (skill wise) so even if it was slightly high on heals with a little dps its skill ceiling cap warrants it. As is its on the slight underwhelming side. Warrior heals, however, definitely need addressed they are the only heals in game that are balancing issues with top heals well above the rest and hidden broken shields making them even more ridiculous then just the output seen.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-21-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RycoRobyn View Post
    Say hello to my undergeared Harb:

Attachment 39592
    Attachment 39593

That's from one of my few warfronts from yesterday, playing a melee spec on a ranged favored map.

I don't usually take screenshots of trash talks. Especially since I put you on my ignore list. But I cleared my ignore list just for the sake of it. Say hello to your buddy Konstantene for me!

And no, no bias here. Just using the input from other (more neutral) players for most of my arguments.

Wakanda forever!
    Hey look another mage was 2nd in dps!!! OP mages!

I kid I was rotating through my toons yesterday Im Anastaxius. I was actually playing yesterday on my newly mounted 75 4k tv. Had to change all kinds of font sizes to read anything.
    If anything its an example of why warlock needs nerfed. Im completely under geared, playing on a brand new mouse and keyboard, didnt have my shortcuts saved like targeting, fumbled multiple times with abilities due to everything being off and new equipment, and heal way more then I dps on my mage, yet I am 2nd dps in a full team on both sides? I also dont even try to get high dps I care about kills.

Nerf warlock dots 20%

Nothing is more broken than warrior and rogue right now. I don't think warlock is that much of a problem if you have a decent healer in your team that knows how to spam cleanses. My unpopular opinion though.
    For that to be your opinion why are you asking for 30% nerf?

The nerf request came from some other pvp players I talked to ingame. 2 out of 3 actually asked to nerf it by 50%.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Nerf warlock dots 20%

4 people asked for dot specific nerfs:

(50% + 50% + 7% + 20%)

= 31.75%

I just rounded it up to 30%.

There you go. Let me know if these numbers confuse you.

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 02-22-2021 at 03:17 AM.

The nerf request came from some other pvp players I talked to ingame. 2 out of 3 actually asked to nerf it by 50%.

Also:

4 people asked for dot specific nerfs:

(50% + 50% + 7% + 20%)

= 31.75%

I just rounded it up to 30%.

There you go. Let me know if these numbers confuse you.

Wakanda forever!
    You actually rounded down. Apparently numbers confuse you. Oh ok, so just some random Joe that you were talking **** with and avg the numbers all of you pulled out of thin air. Got it. The list also called for pyro buffs. Should we just guess and say 50% there or did you have a random % you would like to assign to it?
    Last edited by Learan; 02-22-2021 at 05:21 AM.

You actually rounded down. Apparently numbers confuse you. Oh ok, so just some random Joe that you were talking **** with and avg the numbers all of you pulled out of thin air. Got it. The list also called for pyro buffs. Should we just guess and say 50% there or did you have a random % you would like to assign to it?
    Considering all the names I talked to, the only one that could be considered random is you.

If we asked the PVP community who "Nme@Greyriar" is, it won't be a guesstimate if maybe 5% (at best) knows.

I only know you from your trash talks, tbh. Otherwise, I would just recognize you as another random warlock player I'd forget the name of after the warfront match.

Pyromancer
    Buff pls. Nuff said.

Possible fix: Blanket buffs on following abilities - Legendary Fusilade, Legendary Flame Volley, Fulminate. In addition to what Legendary Fusilade does, it also should passively make Fireball instant but reduce Fireball's damage by 20%. In addition to what Legendary Flame Volley does, it also should make all Pyro channels castable while moving.
    And where exactly did you pull your 50% out from? I can only imagine it from the end of your digestive tract? Also, who is "we"? Speak for yourself, maybe?

I left the amount that needs to be buffed open for discussion on purpose. I get why this would confuse you. You know, of all the things that might or might not happen, I can understand why they might confuse you.

I did not include biased opinions (like yours) on purpose. If I wanted to know if 5$ for a burger is acceptable, I won't ask McDonalds. If I wanted to know if 1200$ for an iPhone with inferior hardware is too expensive, I won't ask Apple. Same reason why I won't ask a random guy, who plays warlock 100% of the time I see him in WFs, if warlock numbers are ok.

Besides, Wrastion already explained to you in detail why the change you are asking for doesn't help Chloro (at all):

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Fk already has plenty of charge consumers. I actually play a hybrid FK Chloro 37/39 build which adds a 3rd “charge consumer” from chloro and I find I have abilities off CD that I have to wait to use because 3 of my abilities fully drain or mostly drain my charge. Adding entropic to this might actually result in less heals using it. FK itself also doesnt need any help for its heals. Its already very strong.
    Why ignore that part? Does it make too much sense to you?

I get it. You're butthurt. That's ok. You can get through it. I believe in you.

Btw, I'm still waiting for your own list:

... I guess I need to make my own thread of suggested mage changes for underperforming specs...
    What happened?

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 02-22-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Considering all the names I talked to, the only one that could be considered random is you.

If we asked the PVP community who "Nme@Greyriar" is, it won't be a guesstimate if maybe 5% (at best) knows.

I only know you from your trash talks, tbh. Otherwise, I would just recognize you as another random warlock player I'd forget the name of after the warfront match.

And where exactly did you pull your 50% out from? I can only imagine it from the end of your digestive tract? Also, who is "we"? Speak for yourself, maybe?

I left the amount that needs to be buffed open for discussion on purpose. I get why this would confuse you. You know, of all the things that might or might not happen, I can understand why they might confuse you.

I did not include biased opinions (like yours) on purpose. If I wanted to know if 5$ for a burger is acceptable, I won't ask McDonalds. If I wanted to know if 1200$ for an iPhone with inferior hardware is too expensive, I won't ask Apple. Same reason why I won't ask a random guy, who plays warlock 100% of the time I see him in WFs, if warlock numbers are ok.

Besides, Wrastion already explained to you in detail why the change you are asking for doesn't help Chloro (at all):

Why ignore that part? Does it make too much sense to you?

I get it. You're butthurt. That's ok. You can get through it. I believe in you.

Btw, I'm still waiting for your own list:

What happened?

Wakanda forever!

hahaha is that why you play? A popularity contest in a dead game? Congrats you win!
    tbh i doubt gamigo will make any class changes but if they do I hope they implement it on pts to allow testing and feedback.
    Last edited by Learan; 02-22-2021 at 10:34 AM.

hahaha is that why you play? A popularity contest in a dead game? Congrats you win!
    Actually, you started the popularity contest:

...Oh ok, so just some random Joe that you were talking **** with and avg the numbers all of you pulled out of thin air. Got it...
    Do you even read your own posts?

tbh i doubt gamigo will make any class changes but if they do I hope they implement it on pts to allow testing and feedback.
    That's a given. But these are major PVP specific change requests and the last major PVP specific change done to this game was under Trion more than 4 years ago.

Gamigo did nerf the TTK, but I sincerely believe that was done not to fix PVP but to silence players like me, who requested class balance instead of a band-aid fix nobody asked for.

I made this list primarily to make players aware of the current state of PVP. Anything beyond that is secondary since I am well aware of Gamigo's reputation and the general state of the game. It was a cavaliers delict thing for me to do.

Wakanda forever!

Ascendant

I myself believe warlock is too easy for such dps output. But to put it in perspective there are several other souls Ive asked for balance fixing, not just warlock.

In that wf with Ryco if I had been on my actual computer with my regular mouse/keyboard my output would have been higher with more kills split between us. I have 3 frags maxxed meaning still a lot more stats to go and missing most integrated enhancements along with no food buffs, so Im coming from the perspective of a guy that rarely dps’s on warlock, rotates through most callings, and still in a group of 30 people with around 26 doing dps Im 2nd?

Granted if other broken callings were there they would have had some higher dps, but that also means I wouldnt have gotten focused so much and my output would have been even higher since I had to run back multiple times to heal up. At any rate I believe, for warlock, a 20% dps nerf in pvp dots (just the dots) is warranted and a good start. It is too much single target damage in a dot soul that also has aoe spread. Thats a lot of pressure from one source. I play a lot of different souls to a fair degree of competence so Im coming from a balancing point of view. Also, I cant emphasize enough how I dont care about overall dps just kills, but when Im playing warlock it naturally has me near top if not the top dps while being under geared.

There are two sides to every coin, however, which I realize. I can counter two warlocks targeting just me on three separate callings as healer. If I was to get specific I would lower dots by 20%, but up its instant attacks by a % to compensate. The main issue is /15 seconds one button applies all dots to one target. Thats a ridiculously passive way to play. Pushing more dps into its instant attacks and/or bolts would make it less of a lazy soul and more active/skill based with actual thought such as offsoul build options decisions and warfront maneuvering skills vs. blow one ability and run out of range while my target dies to tics they cant stop or get out of combat from.

As for chloro, as stated the way to maximize heals is to pop wild growth right before spamming 6 free natursl healings. I even toggle entropic veil at the same time, but the two things are almost contradictory to each other, which is a problem with all these charge consumers. Playing smarter and more skillfully does not equal too much better output when compared to the easy healing souls like FK. If wild growth were on 30 second CD that would go a long way to up the heals imo. Also just making entropic a flat 15% heals to chloro abilities, but...

Check out Tornad’s heals sometime, however, and tell me what his 2nd most top heal is. Youll need Rift Meter or something to see if you dont use it already. You might rethink buffing entropic. I dont play that way myself, but that is the go-to method of playing FK/chloro by getting the Cd lowered on earthen by using attacks that proc lots of aoe heals via chloros veils into lots of legendary earthen heals. I’d simply make higher up chloro talent points buff chloro itself personally, like making the aegis armor buff heals by 30% vs. 10%. I wouldnt touch entropic due to too much good synergy with Fk, which needs no help at all.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-22-2021 at 11:40 AM.

That's a given. But these are major PVP specific change requests and the last major PVP specific change done to this game was under Trion more than 4 years ago.

Gamigo did nerf the TTK, but I sincerely believe that was done not to fix PVP but to silence players like me, who requested class balance instead of a band-aid fix nobody asked for.

I made this list primarily to make players aware of the current state of PVP. Anything beyond that is secondary since I am well aware of Gamigo's reputation and the general state of the game. It was a cavaliers delict thing for me to do.

Wakanda forever!
    Wow, something we agree on. While I doubt we will see changes as extensive as this list any attention to the game would be welcomed.

Until then you can enjoy my dots and hots.

*updated general section*

Remove the ability to use 3rd party programs like "Chimpeon and AutoHotkey". This has been reported multiple times. It's cheating. There are cheaters ingame. Get rid of these cheats as well as the cheaters accordingly. This is not an option.

Wakanda forever!
    Last edited by RycoRobyn; 02-23-2021 at 12:31 AM.

[*]Dominator
    It has its usefulness, but it is far behind from its usefulness from back in NMT and SL. The additional Break Free aka Fading Light made the nerfs done to this soul back in early NMT unnecessary.

Possible fix: Bring back pre-NMT Dominator. Limit the mana draining ability if doing so.

Wakanda Forever!

What mana draining ability? Mana wrench and Transference were changed/removed a long time ago. Which ability are you referring to? Bring back both or just one? What other suggestions do you have?

I like the idea of making reflective command convert damage to heals within 10 meters up to 8 allies.

[List] A collection of suggestions to fix PVP-2021-02-23_091622.jpg[List] A collection of suggestions to fix PVP-2021-02-23_091617.jpg
    Last edited by Learan; 02-23-2021 at 06:43 AM.

What mana draining ability? Mana wrench and Transference were changed/removed a long time ago. Which ability are you referring to? Bring back both or just one? What other suggestions do you have?

I like the idea of making reflective command convert damage to heals within 10 meters up to 8 allies.

Attachment 39595Attachment 39596
    This:

[List] A collection of suggestions to fix PVP-capture.jpg

https://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Dominator_abilities

Transference has a 30sec CD, which is fine. Mana Wrench had no CD.

The suggestion for Dominator came from Wrastion I think. I like Dominator how it is right now, but several mages ingame would like to see Dominator back to where it was pre-NMT.

Wakanda forever!

This:

Attachment 39597

https://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Dominator_abilities

Transference has a 30sec CD, which is fine. Mana Wrench had no CD.

The suggestion for Dominator came from Wrastion I think. I like Dominator how it is right now, but several mages ingame would like to see Dominator back to where it was pre-NMT.

Wakanda forever!
    The prob is the population is not what is was then. The game has no place for mass cc soul unless something like conquest was to return. I prefer it not turn in a dps soul, I like the utility. It could use more heal/shields and more survivability. Giving it a large dps boost would make it OP for the amount of utility it has.
    Last edited by Learan; 02-23-2021 at 07:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast