+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current list of Meta Pvp Builds

Telaran

Default Current list of Meta Pvp Builds

Hey Guys Shotts@Seastone here. Just leaving a small list of active viable pvp specs minus primalist as i donít play a prima.

Clerics: 61 inquisitor 11 runeshaper 4 druid or 4 sentinel
    61 Shaman 10 druid 4 runeshaper
    Heals
    61 Sentinel 12 oracle 3 puri
    61 Purifier 15 Sent 0 druid

Rogues
    61 Bladedancer 15 ranger 0 Tact
    61 Bladedancer 9 nightblade 6 ranger
    61 Marksman 8 Nightblade 7 ranger
    61 Assassin 15 Bladedancer 0 Ranger
    61 Nightblade 15 bard 0 ranger
    Heals/Support
    41 Bard 35 Physician 0 ranger

Mage
    61 Harbinger 13 stormcaller 2 elemental ist
    61 Warlock 11 storm caller 4 arbiter or dominator
    Heals
    51 Frostkeeper 20 Chloromancer 4 harbinger

Warriors
    61 Riftblade 11 tempest 4 warchanter
    61 paragon 11 Warlord 4 tempest
    61 Warlord 13 paragon 2 riftblade
    61 reaver 8 tempest 7 champion
    Heals 41 Warchanter 21 Liberator 14 Paladin

If someone could list Primalist iíd be very thankful and any of the OGs feel free to add your input on this or correct what i wrote.

You can mess with these builds and tweak them to your liking but this is roughly how most of the viable builds are structured. Any questions feel free to PM me Shotts@Seastone and come join the fight in <Skilfingar> Defiant Seastone. Make Seastone great again. Happy hunting

Plane Touched

para with 6 tempest for elude

Telaran

61 cab can shut down whole teams

Sword of Telara

Matchmaking is so horrible you can shut down half the teams or even full teams every other match. Doesn't matter what spec you run. Just premade and you will see how it kills the game. Half the targets on the other side have green bars or are sitting under 220K life.. with specs that can't even break 2K DPS.. some players literally can't even break 500DPS with their specs.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-09-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Ascendant

Not really meta, but offshoots of meta.

My rogue, Arel, plays:

20 Nightblade, rest MM, 0 Shade for the pull. Its not as consistent dps as full MM, but way more quick burst by building up dusk strike stacks into Rapid Fire finishers. Most would go 0 ranger for the dps gain, but the pull is more utility and gets players in closer range for more safe dusk strike stack build ups. Also, pull + push from MM + fan out moves players the furthest distance possible in game and sticks them there for a while getting pretty much anyone killed. When I pull a person, while they are going through the flying animation, I apply state of sloth for 30% speed reduction as well. You can also pin them down as well.

My bard build is the exact same as yours. Hybrid mix.

My melee build is 61 NB, rest sin, 0 ranger. Although I probably should just make a Bladedancer its still all kinds of broken.

My cleric, Shendrith, plays:

61 inq, 15 defiler, 0 sentinel (bolt of light spam). If you know how dots work, applying a few going into your cooldowns = quickest burst plus if they run they usually die to dots if not healed. The typical RC port build is more safe by far though.

32 puri 44 sent 0 warden is my heal build. The build is the highest hps and most survivable built in utility (for cleric) that Ive seen in game. I know another effective cleric that takes the port, sacrificing some heals, but they are very effective at playing distraction in wfs, healing, and surviving by splitting their build.

Dont worry about prima builds the whole system was lazily put together. They have multiple viable (easy to play) builds with next to no utility due to a shortened point system. I find them so boring its my least played calling. Do I want to stand and spam my vulcanist macro and or hit threshers maw every 4 buttons to kill people? Not saying other callings dont have bad builds, but prima was a bad design. Boring.

My mage, Anastaxius plays:

DPS: warlock. Enough said. I built them mainly to heal. Warlock + anything = fun times. Dots on this soul are overly powerful in pvp.

I play 38 Frost, 39 chloro for my heals. I alternate between rime and natural healing when my rime isnt buffed. The natural healing is roughly the same heals as a rime, but .5 seconds more fast with 39 chloro. Several times in the rotation you have to stop to hardcast something, so that .5 lowered CD adds up over the course of a wf. I believe the meta hybrid build goes 41 Fk rest chloro.

Warrior if you know how to melee just play RB, warlord or paragon. All are pretty broken when geared. The warrior heals are the most broken soul in the game that unbalances pvp the most, so WC plus X.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-10-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Matchmaking is so horrible you can shut down half the teams or even full teams every other match. Doesn't matter what spec you run. Just premade and you will see how it kills the game. Half the targets on the other side have green bars or are sitting under 220K life.. with specs that can't even break 2K DPS.. some players literally can't even break 500DPS with their specs.
    Its a result of a dwindling playerbase, plus new players and or pveírs trying pvp. Its noticed more as regulars quit and the wf teams consist of more noticeable unknown players.

I had a team the other day where two unknown healers were on my team and my inq out healed them. The overall issue is a dying game, however, rather then pointing out the more noticeable inexperienced players. Gamigos lack of anything is burying participation numbers. Utter neglect tends to do that.

Telaran

Thank you for that wrastion! it was more so a rough idea of the metas i figured we all have them alittle different haha. thanks again!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Not really meta, but offshoots of meta.

My rogue, Arel, plays:

20 Nightblade, rest MM, 0 Shade for the pull. Its not as consistent dps as full MM, but way more quick burst by building up dusk strike stacks into Rapid Fire finishers. Most would go 0 ranger for the dps gain, but the pull is more utility and gets players in closer range for more safe dusk strike stack build ups. Also, pull + push from MM + fan out moves players the furthest distance possible in game and sticks them there for a while getting pretty much anyone killed. When I pull a person, while they are going through the flying animation, I apply state of sloth for 30% speed reduction as well. You can also pin them down as well.

My bard build is the exact same as yours. Hybrid mix.

My melee build is 61 NB, rest sin, 0 ranger. Although I probably should just make a Bladedancer its still all kinds of broken.

My cleric, Shendrith, plays:

61 inq, 15 defiler, 0 sentinel (bolt of light spam). If you know how dots work, applying a few going into your cooldowns = quickest burst plus if they run they usually die to dots if not healed. The typical RC port build is more safe by far though.

32 puri 44 sent 0 warden is my heal build. The build is the highest hps and most survivable built in utility (for cleric) that Ive seen in game. I know another effective cleric that takes the port, sacrificing some heals, but they are very effective at playing distraction in wfs, healing, and surviving by splitting their build.

Dont worry about prima builds the whole system was lazily put together. They have multiple viable (easy to play) builds with next to no utility due to a shortened point system. I find them so boring its my least played calling. Do I want to stand and spam my vulcanist macro and or hit threshers maw every 4 buttons to kill people? Not saying other callings dont have bad builds, but prima was a bad design. Boring.

My mage, Anastaxius plays:

DPS: warlock. Enough said. I built them mainly to heal. Warlock + anything = fun times. Dots on this soul are overly powerful in pvp.

I play 38 Frost, 39 chloro for my heals. I alternate between rime and natural healing when my rime isnt buffed. The natural healing is roughly the same heals as a rime, but .5 seconds more fast with 39 chloro. Several times in the rotation you have to stop to hardcast something, so that .5 lowered CD adds up over the course of a wf. I believe the meta hybrid build goes 41 Fk rest chloro.

Warrior if you know how to melee just play RB, warlord or paragon. All are pretty broken when geared. The warrior heals are the most broken soul in the game that unbalances pvp the most, so WC plus X.
    Sorry for the late response. Wrast iíll give that healing build on my cleric a try. So far iíve really only dabbles in the 61 healing souls for cleric No hybrids. Except for the Sent/warden hybrid when i was trying to figure out how MBTL exploit worked. Even that build without the exploit was meh for healing. Felt like the 61 sent was stronger. Puri to me seems very inconsistent but thanks iíll dry the 41 sent rest puri. My cleric isnít geared at all or have any frags past level one and iíve only been able to hit between 2-5mil heals. with the exception of hitting 7mil heals once but we had like 3 tanks that match and the game was full.
    Obviously gear and frags would help on the fresh 70 but baby steps lol

Puri L Ward of Fire does not get boni for Absorbs

The 61 mastery Avenging shield does not make non Invocations apply Echoes of Alturism.

Besides those and more inconsistencies, it's pretty cursed with the Healing souls being so deep into specific elements.
    Dropping the 'life, fire, water based heals' to allow for more universal boni is the least a poster healing class can get.

High Tact provides strong global healing% for phys- but High Puri spends all points making puri spells somewhat useful ..
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Forrsaken View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Wrast i’ll give that healing build on my cleric a try. So far i’ve really only dabbles in the 61 healing souls for cleric No hybrids. Except for the Sent/warden hybrid when i was trying to figure out how MBTL exploit worked. Even that build without the exploit was meh for healing. Felt like the 61 sent was stronger. Puri to me seems very inconsistent but thanks i’ll dry the 41 sent rest puri. My cleric isn’t geared at all or have any frags past level one and i’ve only been able to hit between 2-5mil heals. with the exception of hitting 7mil heals once but we had like 3 tanks that match and the game was full.
    Obviously gear and frags would help on the fresh 70 but baby steps lol
    I will tell you some secrets to the build. Macro your two AOE cleanses since you will want to hit them every time they are up, in a row, when faced with a lot of dots. Really screws with locks. If you hit it as soon as you hear the lock full dot someone you can stop one of the spreading of dots ability. You will also get a full cleanse. Use these all the time and you wont be bothered by 1-2 locks. Also, cleanses heal.

This build always moves because your completely mobile making a macro with crucial invocation, healing breath, and flare. Taking the lvl 64 mastery you spam the last two into free procs of crucial invocations. Your mana goes FAST, so utilize mostly the puri instant MP gain and sometimes the sent one, but that lowers heals for a time drastically.

Every so often do a aoe heal on your team to proc MBTl on everyone. Its an easy thing to forget but gives healing to everyone.

Your big heal: To maximize yourself, play like your a two player healer, in general. If you see two players dying, only focus your main heals on one. When the second target is about 1/4 life, use Your big heal. Then ignore them and immediately focus back to your team. The big heal has a secondary heal after 6 seconds, plus they cant die during that 6 seconds. You will end up overhealing (wasting heals) on one player if you only focus on one. Its very dynamic play switching players.

I have a macro to spam to protect myself if pulled or focused. Shove all the utility in there (speed boost, damage mitigation). The button right next to it is the aoe debilitate. Spam your save yourself macro, then run fast away through your team. Use the aoe debilitate generally away from other players since damage will just negate it. Most players macro breakfree into everything so if you get them to waste one that helps your team to CC and pull them from you. If pulled into enemy teams immediately aoe debilitate i to save yourself macro.

The bad news: the big heal bugs on people that are rooted, stunned. I try not to use it if someone is stuck in place. Bugged means it goes on its full CD and did nothing. Call of the Ascended resets it, but you have to get out of combat and have 20 seconds to use it. Sucks.

Ive tried sent and its good, but not as good as the mix build. Pure pur is too slow, heals for less, not as defensive, and its shields have been gutted since forever (not very effective) in pvp.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-07-2021 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread