• 1 Post By mistywolf
  • 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Wrastion

Thread: Wish to inqury about warfront states systerm

Soulwalker

Question Wish to inqury about warfront states systerm

Hi all, as a PVP and RIFT lover, and back to this game from long ago,

We can see lvl 70 PVE gear is been significantly nerfed in the warfronts, but as there is no 'PVP' states anymore in this version, wish to know hwo to identify the PVP gear ? ( apart from the names slayer and reaper)
    Also, some points with to sincerely asking:

1. PVE gear is been nerfed a lot, even with huge numbers on items, but is there any caulculation method ? ( x%? pvp gear have much smal states number but stronger in warfront in fact, but how do we chose and compare states numbers between?)

2. will item enhacement working on PVP gear and been count effective as well in warfront? such as runes, orbs, enchating...( wish to know if i should put powerful item enhanvement on them or it is a waste, especially those enhancement with not only states boost, but with special effect on hit)

3, will all parts of PVE gear receiving nerfed which including essence? so i shoud get a planar focus and put pure pvp essence on it even the numbers are lower than pve ones i got

please advice, thank you
    Last edited by mistywolf; 07-06-2020 at 09:58 AM.

1. pvp gear is better in warfronts. open world pvp or dueling is a different story.

2. They reduced the amount of items you can rune/enchant on level 70 items but it is better if you can/

3, will all parts of PVE gear receiving nerfed which including essence?yes pvp essences and focus will be better. personally I go for cp but essences and frags in pvp are completely rng.(which is something that many of us would like changed)

Soulwalker

The PVE Gear give you in Warfronts lower Attribute as the PVE Gear XD I wish Trion/Gamigo delete the downbolstering and all was good and fair in PvP . And the PvP Player can Gear Up again . I love to play PvP but atm i see no sense to farm the new PVE Gear for PvP !

I atm full Geared PvP with all Updates etc and the Bann Armor give me for example 2k lower HP etc

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-mechanic.html
    Last edited by Sternen; 07-06-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sternen View Post
    I wish Trion/Gamigo delete the downbolstering and all was good and fair in PvP .
    all is good and fair only when all that is available through pve is also available through pvp.
    the raiders dont like it when other players can get the same gear from other content, as they feel it belittles their preferred activity.
    pvpers dont like it when they feel forced to do non-pvp activities in order to gear for pvp.

trions "experiment" in NMT with "all gear is just gear" was a massive failure that actively drove away large numbers of the pvp community. pvp is still suffering the effects of this.

introducing "raid to win" to pvp at this point, will finish off what little is left of the games pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Nothing is good . You understand 90 % of the PvP Player Base have left Rift ! Lack of PvP Content ! Better 1 Gear and no downbolstering and Trion/Gamigo havent the Man Power for both for create new Content . Trion/Gamigo can make new Rewards for Daily/weekly PvP Quests more PVE Marks to buying a little bit faster the (PVE Gear) and is fast enaugh to reach the best Gear in Rift . Fact is the PvP Player Base is gone . You know WoW have no downbolstering XD And PvP/PVE is the same Gear and Players can mix the Gear

theres stark differences when it comes to pvp'ing with pve gear.
    One thing that comes to mind is specs that rely on the eternal weapon such as warchanter. This spec is worlds apart of most specs in terms of balance. the warrior has a step up on everyone else. In short the balance changes a tons when eternal weapon comes into play.

I have also thought a separate wf q which allows all pve gear would be neat. No questions asked no crying.
    Pure gear.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 07-08-2020 at 07:16 AM.

There is a guide already for gearing in warfronts and another for some warfront strategy in PvP guides section. It doesn't cover every thing but most things. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...t-players.html

There are two types of fragments in general. One for PvE and one for PvP. The ones for PvP will have War in the title. You have to be careful because they can be super rare like tier 2's and 3's and even though they may have crappy secondaries the primary stat may be worth upgrading regardless of the secondaries. If you are unlucky you will have a tough time with the RNG of fragment drop rates and upgrade cost if you exclusively PvP. I suggest not throwing away most of the good Tier 2's and 3's and 4's with CP and if you like to heal or tank there is other ways to build for those roles.

If you are bored with PvE and want to start PvP a good time would be during those 100 % bonus favor days. I think it should be active permanently given the low pop of Rift. And ultimately in the end you will probably be well done with Favor gearing before you get BIS essences and good fragments.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Ascendant

After pvping almost exclusively (albeit on several toons), I have maxxed 5 frags on one toon at best.

After building up to that, playing from an already experienced point of view, I can clearly state half your power is from favor bought gear, and the other half is the frags. The more I maxxed the frags the more I hit high end numbers, survived longer, won more 1v1 fights, and helped win games. I.e. I wasnt getting better skill-wise. My toon was just getting better stat wise.

Once I realized gear disparity was huge and the grind, if you only pvp, horrendous, I lost interest because there are tiers of players, mostly placed by how maxxed they are and the optimal over the too souls we basically have to choose to compete. That and patch notes for a year all about sales.

+ Reply to Thread