+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Wrastion

Thread: No new PvP Gear after 3 Years ?

Soulwalker

Default No new PvP Gear after 3 Years ?

Hello,

Coming back after 3 years and i wonder Rift have no new PvP Gear / Content . Joined 3 BF and only 10 Players around =/ Make it sense to get the new PVE Gear for playing PvP or is the PvP Gear the best Gear for Playing PvP in Rift ? Any change on down/upbolstering i really hate the mechanic and see before 3 years not a sense to get better Gear or work/update on the Gear the mechanic down/upbolstering me . I mean we play many BFs for better(update) the Gear but the stupid mechanic nerf the Gear ...

best regards

yeah, a lot of us left after they changed things up back in 3.0... good times.

maybe they need to revert pvp to the old ways again. i know i'd come back; i loved this game.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

The old system was not good. It was a knob turn to lower HPS/DPS and deletion of the first tier of gear just to add new gear so you can regrind back up to HPS/DPS. It was a balancing nightmare. They can add new gear but they need to be smart about it. Planar Fragments for PvP are still very hard to get for most players. The RNG nature of them can have you grinding for years.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-29-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    yeah, a lot of us left after they changed things up back in 3.0... good times.

maybe they need to revert pvp to the old ways again. i know i'd come back; i loved this game.
    I dont believe they fix any of the 100s of reported bugs, let alone changing/adding anything in the game. The state of the game is maintenance mode with emphasis on sales.

Time is better spent looking at Ashes of Creation/Crowfall/whatever looks good coming up. Sure, lots of them are aways off, but after playing Rift for over a year again I can safely tell you I was hopeful in the beginning, but its a dead horse now for sure meaning absolutely nothing is getting done and the only for sure thing every patch note is an advertisement for sales.

I.e. best thing we can all get from the forums now is what games coming up are looking promising.

+ Reply to Thread