+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Heals still clearly bypassing modifiers

Plane Touched

of course the fact you can take a stone and dash like mystic archer should be nerf...i'm not talking about that , it's obvious......................

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    i dont personally have a problem with it. it requires the player to anticipate the combat and set it up in a suitable place first.
    if i was to make any complaint about it, it would be about how low in the tree it is, being accessible for practically any cleric spec. the rogue equivalent is very deep in a tank soul, putting it out of reach of any spec that isnt a dedicated tank.

already nerfed. cant teleport while carrying objectives on whitefall/karthan/blighted.
    also, tank soul, so the player is nerfing themselves already.

this needs to be done to bring them in line with every other soul in the game, which have all already been nerfed to disable sprints/teleports while carrying objectives.
    alternatively, un-nerf every other soul so everybody can race around the place while carrying objectives.
    you cant really argue to keep the paid soul mystic archer as is while everybody else remains hobbled. this stinks of pay to win.

some of these are nerfed in some situations, some are not. mostly they arent a problem

Hey Taerentym, just add those juicy recomendations of those pvp veterans to the document : a full load of b u l l s * * *.
    [/QUOTE]

I add all of the suggestions in case the team wishes to do the changes specified. They might mix and match the ideas and they might reject ideas completely, however at least the suggestion is heard, brought up, and thought about before given a no.

Ascendant

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    Burst Synergy is 15s gcd ans not 45s with 61riftblade. You would know it if you would play it. You don't.

Everybody go high kb against low stuff/casual player/BP player/with a heal/etc. I was there when you were already telling your stories about your pull+kick you were not even taken seriously.

You were not playing the good inq spec because you don't even know it like ryco/dharien etc etc etc or you don't even know it can performs with just minimal change to the pve spec which is ON THE FORUM because you don't try the specs : you think about them in a global way saying "yeah yeah i can do the same"

You want to give a "more enjoyable experience" to players who play their pewpew pve 2 buttons pve spec standing still taking tones of damage, playing without survival cooldwon ( Elude, RoR, etc). That's not the way to go. Those pve guys get reward when staying in boss aoe in pve ? Have they been asked to play non optimal souls like necromencer ? I don't think. They have to adapt.
    I already stated, several times to you, that I actively dont play the most obvious broken builds in the game, so yes I purposefully dont play RB on warrior. Thanks for clarifying 61 RB puts Burst Synergy at 15 seconds now its definitely easier to spot the problem and where a potential pvp fix could be such as reduced damage in pvp. Thats one solution to outliers. As I also stated, the games issues happened big time in balance when they crammed all the upgrades into 1-2 abilities vs spacing them out. (Also helped kill most hybrids this way).

I wasnt telling stories I was being factual. Its not an ego thing many times throughout Rift if I was hitting 40+ kbs on say MM/Ranger others were going 60+. I know my skill level. When I was going 30+ on warrior at that time that was about the cap for players available output. I was moving players 45 meters in one direction when most could range dps or heal 30. Ill let you try to figure that out since you were there after all as you stated. Ive been around since beta. Solo queing. Bloodthirsty is an amazing healing tool to keep you alive to do such even today a dps can heal more self healing then the average person attempting to be a healer in Wfs. The long pull now is utility since it gimps your dps and places backside players like healers and dps ranged players in killing position. It has other uses like pushing stone holding players into the turn in point prematurely in whitefall, or immediately knocking the healer off codex to secure the position when your team otherwise would have been wiped. If you like to ignore it, sure.

The inq spec I dont want to play because, yet again, I dont like cookie cutter most obvious builds to play. You may not know it, but a lot of players started and loved this game because of all the UNIQUE builds you could take and make. I placed that in caps for you since I seem to repeat and you keep telling me what to play. Now mind you I dont mind builds that are within reason of performance. Its just a no brainer when a soul is doing 4Xís as much as most others skill aside it shouldn't be able to perform to that level.

As for pve players that you mentioned. I didn't say reward bad play, or not learning to adapt. I also dont think its ok that the time frame to achieve a learning curve is 5 seconds then dead, and repeat. There isnt really an adapting period. Our pvp has no tiers of skill level or gear. You immediately get thrown into the lions den and not the puppy castle. Thats a frustration level that = stay at spawn or just quitting. Our TTK is out of balance, and its certain souls placing it way out of balance. Why not adjust these? You'd still perform great on them, better then me. I tell you what. Lets adjust the souls to be more in balance, you can still perform better then me and the pve players, and still tell me what souls to play. It will all just be more balanced vs extremities in performance.

Id also like to give a more enjoyable experience to regular pvpers, not just pve newbies.

Bluntly put, aside from our disagreements, Id rather see the point of view of other players on such subjects that they agree or disagree with to better the game. Even if they totally disagree with me. This forum used to have lots of activity, but its almost like a giant empty warehouse nowadays.

For all the pve players learning pvp. Iíll heal you. Im an equal opportunity healer. Iíll also whisper and give advice not to stand out in the front not moving. Making the effort to include new players is how the community will grow, not resisting change to balance things because we want to cling to the overpowered things in the game. That will do the opposite.

Sword of Telara

Well, I do realize now that rogue is broken with stealth capping. For instance, you can use slip away or stealth during capping a node in PvP with a stone and have the stone also drop. This seems to be why Antichamber breaks as well and you can't turn in flags. I do feel that what is overlooked is that although rogue may not have the same speed capping options of other classes they have the best stealth capping for a number of maps and although they are not directly the same type of advantage in capping it is still an advantage that should be considered when doing changes. Things that are less obvious are actually the passive speed talent boost and primalist boosting raids in PvP which can easily bring an advantage to a team in places like codex where you have these massively boosted passive speed tanks able to stack with other classes speed talents. You would probably be shocked how fast some classes can get stacking speed talents.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-06-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Well, I do realize now that rogue is broken with stealth capping. For instance, you can use slip away or stealth during capping a node in PvP with a stone and have the stone also drop. This seems to be why Antichamber breaks as well and you can't turn in flags. I do feel that what is overlooked is that although rogue may not have the same speed capping options of other classes they have the best stealth capping for a number of maps and although they are not directly the same type of advantage in capping it is still an advantage that should be considered when doing changes. Things that are less obvious are actually the passive speed talent boost and primalist boosting raids in PvP which can easily bring an advantage to a team in places like codex where you have these massively boosted passive speed tanks able to stack with other classes speed talents. You would probably be shocked how fast some classes can get stacking speed talents.
    Ive personally seen the rogue slip away as you cap a node in Kathan trick and was shocked at the exploit. Happened on my side and I made note to state to my own team member that isnt fair play. We could have won that game fair too. I wasnt happy with the false win gained by the very definition of exploiting unintended game bugs.

I also very much agree speed buffs should be maxed, and lowered. The game also has no indication of what stacks and what doesnt, and what you sit at. I have no stat that shows my current speed increase for example. And so souls that have abilities that stack vs souls that dont arent easy to point out. Lots of things also dont make sense like some ranged souls with better speed boosts then melee souls.

Overall, just like dps and hps, speed disparity between souls seems large with speed boosts not doing, say just 20% more, but 50% on some single abilities or a lot more with stackable abilities.

It seems a lot of abilities on the new souls were missed or just flat out not adjusted for synergy, or for pvp. I believe all the new souls actually need fully looked at to find all the abilities stacking that shouldn't, or not pvp nerfed correctly.

Someone should probably make a line by line list of exploits and abilities not working correctly as well as gear, but thats quite a daunting task indeed.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-06-2020 at 09:55 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Ive personally seen the rogue slip away as you cap a node in Kathan trick and was shocked at the exploit. Happened on my side and I made note to state to my own team member that isnt fair play. We could have won that game fair too. I wasnt happy with the false win gained by the very definition of exploiting unintended game bugs.

I also very much agree speed buffs should be maxed, and lowered. The game also has no indication of what stacks and what doesnt, and what you sit at. I have no stat that shows my current speed increase for example. And so souls that have abilities that stack vs souls that dont arent easy to point out. Lots of things also dont make sense like some ranged souls with better speed boosts then melee souls.

Overall, just like dps and hps, speed disparity between souls seems large with speed boosts not doing, say just 20% more, but 50% on some single abilities or a lot more with stackable abilities.

It seems a lot of abilities on the new souls were missed or just flat out not adjusted for synergy, or for pvp. I believe all the new souls actually need fully looked at to find all the abilities stacking that shouldn't, or not pvp nerfed correctly.

Someone should probably make a line by line list of exploits and abilities not working correctly as well as gear, but thats quite a daunting task indeed.

Firstly... I marked the exploit down, as I do not PvP I do not know what is considered an exploit or not that's up to the team, I appreciate the report of such for making it a fair playing environment for everyone!

Secondly... I do keep a giant log of any and all bugs exploits suggestions server issues that we've had for my bosses and team to have reported to them on command (if need be). I do mark down everything that the team could potentially need to know in regards to bugs, exploits, or just plain suggestions in both PvE and PvP (as they both need love and affection and although I do not PvP I respect people who do as it does take a competitive edge)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    mobility is a thing. speccing for it in pvp belongs in pvp, just as speccing for more damage, or greater survivability, or greater utility also belongs in pvp, and moreover belongs in rift.
    trying to make every spec the same as every other spec is cancer in this game, and has been hurting pvp in rift for a long time. bring back glass cannons (meaning nerf the survivability of dps specs) bring back pvp tanks (meaning un-nerf tank survivability and damage) and leave the mobility specs alone. make Rift, Rift again (meaning learn what the Role and Souls system is really for, and start using it the way it was intended to be used: learn your class, not just the current FotM cookie cutter spec).
    /rant
    Im personally all for variety in builds. Love it even. Most of what Im talking about is how ability disparity being huge.

If everyone started out with 10 (arbitrary number) in a stat, and wanted to generally raise lets say tankiness to 12, they should be sacrificing 1-2 points in something else. Also, there should be some limit, or ceiling, to which something can be raised.

We literally have souls sitting at 40 in some stats while the others (of same type) regularly sit at 10. And not because that soul sacrificed anything. In fact, it might have more mobility and utility and better tankiness then those sitting at 10.

I agree with your idea, but they screwed up where things were available in the trees, and also the individual legendaries so much those alone placed souls into the useless category, or a must-take for competition.

Summary: I agree we need to keep soul build individuality. I dont think the difference in souls should reach epic levels between each other where one dps does 4-5 times as much as the average dps (the fact it can achieve this), likewise someone with a 30% run speed boost vs someone running at 160%. Those souls performing like this arent even giving up anything much to achieve these levels. You could say Im talking more about upper capping the possible outputs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    Firstly... I marked the exploit down, as I do not PvP I do not know what is considered an exploit or not that's up to the team, I appreciate the report of such for making it a fair playing environment for everyone!

Secondly... I do keep a giant log of any and all bugs exploits suggestions server issues that we've had for my bosses and team to have reported to them on command (if need be). I do mark down everything that the team could potentially need to know in regards to bugs, exploits, or just plain suggestions in both PvE and PvP (as they both need love and affection and although I do not PvP I respect people who do as it does take a competitive edge)
    take what these people are saying with a grain of salt.

they think everything is an "exploit" because A. they suck at pvp B. Dont know their class C. they suck at pvp

and im sorry but theres NOTHING competetive about rift pvp. at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3