+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift pvp 2020

you get one legendary at each level from lvls 66 to 70, of your choice. how many points you have in a soul determines how many legendary abilities you can have in that soul to a max of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Well i didnt HATE senti, i used it because it worked. I could DPS but i am healer at heart.

Any souls i should be looking at? I saw something about Puri but i know that cant be right, i mean if we scraping that barrel i am scared!
    Kronos speaketh the trout. It's quite an investment with RNG playing a part in gearing up.

Fleshmemory is also somewhat correct, imo, but not fully. He's right in that the other callings all have more viable souls to take, and tend to be more powerful then cleric ones.

However, taking what you are familiar with, you can still do very well considering what you are taking. I always note, for example, when I see someone playing a soul that normally doesn't perform well, but they are making it work. I'm more impressed with that then the drones playing the same OP souls hitting the same macros and everything in the same order. Only difference with output then is their gear.

You can also make a difference healing as a cleric in pvp. With my build I'm hitting upwards of 11k hps at some points, averaging out to about 9k in intense battles where its an even wf. In comparison the average dpser does about 3-4k dps, with better vets on regular toons doing 7-9k dps, and those taking the OP souls doing 9-12k dps. A couple guys are doing 13-18k dps (single target), but I'm pretty sure they are flat out hacking. The reason Flesh probably is stating it's not a game changer is because almost literally no cleric heals because only a handful know how to hit high hps.

And yea..lol, I sighed about puri too since I never liked it. But, in order to hit high hps you need to go 32 points in for the biggest heal in-game for pvp. It's just on a 30 second CD. You take a mastery that combos with it and what happens is you heal someone with your puri auto crit ability and instead of ressurecting them you heal them for like...100k plus hp. I've hit around 160k heals. It will then re-heal them after 6 seconds. And, while that 6 seconds is going on, they cant die. The rest of the points I put in sent as a hybrid build for crucial invocation and I spam healing flare with crucial invocation placed before it in the macro. Another mastery lowers the cast time of abilities .5 seconds for each instant or channeled ability you do. Crucials on 1.5 with tree talents so you simply spam healing flare and it will auto cast crucial once 3 are done. Just dont stand still though since you'll time cast crucials. That's the basics. I hit a lot more buttons though.

You wont beat the best mage or warrior healers, but I beat about 90% of the players in heals aside from those top ones, as cleric. Their healing souls are newer souls, and a lot of newer souls weren't properly pvp nerfed, so you shouldn't be beating them in heals even if your skill level is equal or even exceeds theirs by a little. Unless of course you find a better build then I have.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-21-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Well I still have my sentipuri build specced so I will test it out. Friggen what? 6 years and I am gonna be using the same build Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Well I still have my sentipuri build specced so I will test it out. Friggen what? 6 years and I am gonna be using the same build Lol!!
    Clerics are doing okay in PvE if the fight mimics a raid boss dummy in mechanics. Any heavy movement, disconnect, heavy target switching fight is going to impact Cleric ST DPS more than any other class. But in the current state of the game where bosses are killed in less than 2-3mins. (and subvert the mechanics of fights to the point it is replicating a straight burn on a standstill dummy) cleric is on par with even rogue. I am telling you this because it is a positive aspect about cleric although it comes with some caveats. This makes cleric possibly more worth an investment to you.

In PvP, I don't know if Wrastain has used his cleric in the last couple of months because Legendary Pheonix, the heal that they rely on the most, is bugged ever since Avathar left. Roots and other CC will force the ability to think you or the person you are healing is dead and it will recognize it as rez instead of a heal and send the CD of the ability to 5mins. instead of 30secs.

Very easy for someone with a brain to go into a warfront with a CC spec, make you waste your heal and then switch to dps or heal to counter knowing you are unable to heal well anymore(Dom, Cab etc., multiple charge spec) I have completely designed specs just for the purpose of trolling with CC years ago that still exist today and I have done it to the few clerics that use heals in warfronts already forcing them to switch. Probably even to the persons in this thread. Anyhow the nerf for that ability is only a partial nerf and is very susceptible to a dev just fixing it based on a random QQ.

You put yourself in jeopardy when you play cleric as well. A random QQ can get the class nerfed even though they are not doing so well vs. other classes in that particular role. It happened to cleric a number of times where devs came up with solutions to tackle say faerie tank healers and they ended up implementing all sorts of nerfs to the point it was not worth using as much anymore and those nerfs actually impacted other aspects of the class that made them even more limited to use.

I also think that rogue is a good heal+ support. You have to consider that rogue is actually bringing support buffs from bard which is increasing damage and crit chance which forces more crit power boosted damage from the DPS on your team. Along with padded heals and frequent use of L41 point ability they are not so bad.

Cleric have one really good thing they excel at and that is cleansing.. It is untouchable and worth making a role just for that as it isn't technically a heal but a damage reduction across the board. When they have a warlock and you can cleanse so often their threat can be virtually eliminated. Same for inquisitor who actually masters double LSH dotting and running away and coming back in to burst those targets down when last ticks of LSH is going off. It is very complex procedure. You can learn to play it well but it will not be the same as primalist burst frequency that is pretty much the highest in the game atm even above rogue and warrior. Cleric can do some other things as well but you need to have profound knowledge.. Starting off fight with Defend the Fallen blinking back to get off combat to swich to Legendary Pheonix sent or oracle spec... etc. When you master spec switching they are not as good as mage or rogue in my opinion.... for instance, carrying stone and cycling between heal, diffuse, and defer death etc. Or simply just cycling between the burst of different specs when one burst is on CD.

You have the players who refuse to view the class from all the positiveand negative aspects.. The cup is half full rather than half empty all the time. I will not be that type of person because I consider being that way sort of bias and cherry-picking. I weigh classes differently and people think I should just tell players to play whatever they want and just have fun. I come off as being pessimist half the time even though I do even share some very optimistic qualities about the class. I just refuse to be optimistic all the time because I consider that being sort of bias or totally misinformed when you do such things.. So many times I even start off a conversation with cleric is great in this that and whatever situation but bad in this that and whatever situation and all people hear is negativity. Not really my problem they want to hear what they want. Even to make it CLEAR, Cleric will do well in some instances in PvP even completely dominating in some instances, and that can be good enough for you to roll them but in the end if you want to have more playability and feel like you have invested in a class that has many many many more options to play and be effective I find other classes are better investment. Hear what you want...but I am being nonbiased.

If you are fresh 70, consider the time it takes to get gear and the RNG. It is actually no time at all to start on another 65 and grind it back up to fresh 70 because the gearing process after 70 can be MANY MANY months to even years depending on how often you play and since atm the queue times are long and prime time is only really popping nowadays it will be MUCH longer for you to gear than it was for others. Warfronts pop rate is very low throughout the day and decent during prime time. There is a much smaller window to enjoy PvP on NA these days than before. In NA you were able to join frequent games after server reset each day..and there was usually a slow tapering off after prime time.. Now it just seems like you should only log in at prime time in this game on each server and log off after. EU may be much worse for PvP..since I have seen quite alot of EU pvp'ers migrating over to NA to PvP. NA players are super casual PvP'ers vs. these hardcore PvP'ers from EU so it may be a problem why NA is also dying off. This is true for all games in my opinion.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-22-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    In PvP, I don't know if Wrastain has used his cleric in the last couple of months because Legendary Pheonix, the heal that they rely on the most, is bugged ever since Avathar left. Roots and other CC will force the ability to think you or the person you are healing is dead and it will recognize it as rez instead of a heal and send the CD of the ability to 5mins. instead of 30secs.

Very easy for someone with a brain to go into a warfront with a CC spec, make you waste your heal and then switch to dps or heal to counter knowing you are unable to heal well anymore(Dom, Cab etc., multiple charge spec) I have completely designed specs just for the purpose of trolling with CC years ago that still exist today and I have done it to the few clerics that use heals in warfronts already forcing them to switch. Probably even to the persons in this thread. Anyhow the nerf for that ability is only a partial nerf and is very susceptible to a dev just fixing it based on a random QQ.
    I submitted a bug on phoenix a couple weeks ago. Doubt it will get looked at, like almost everything else, but I still did it. It actually messes up when the person is CC'd, but its specific CC, not all CC. Usually, mine bugs almost immediately on the first person I do it on, in the first minute of the match, and I switch to dps, or it doesn't bug at all and I go the whole match healing. In either case, I've managed to heal most matches without issue since I look for these CC issues. I do know the root is one of the CC's that causes it.

I used to heal, a lot, and I know how CC can mess up healers, in general, because I"ve played just about every other soul and made heal-killers, just like you. That being said, CC doesn't bother me there are two buffs that are OGCD and when someone is debuffing me I get my "buffer" buffs back for free. Old dom used to be something, and probably if someone takes one it is annoying at best, but by no means will it stop me, or any good player. i.e. if your ok enough to stand in the front of the line as a dom to get to me positioned correctly at the back of the line, your team would win regardless what you play since my team can't kill anything. Positioning ruins most CC'ers, plus neat tricks like I just mentioned. The current spec I use also goes OOM easy, but I have access to two mana gains in puri and sent so if I need to I use one over the other and CC cant stop either. Turning the healer into a squirrel works if you can count on the rest of the team to not hit the healer, which if your healing decent, that's out the door. Also, 3 break frees, plus all the best defensive cooldowns in sent with a 40% Damage Reduction, Aoe disarm, and a speed boost.

I'm not saying its not with weaknesses, for sure, nor am I saying you couldn't simply play warrior or mage and have better tools (already mentioned they are not properly nerfed pvp wise). Just saying, its not as simple as your making it when the other guy knows how to counter your counter, or just not put himself in position for you to get to me in decently balanced wf's.

I do miss dom, but pvp is way different from when you could actually dom. The pace is so much more fast that it ruined that soul. You don't need to CC healers really just spam your dps button. Game is really dumbed down from the more skillful choices we used to have vs. your best go-to method is spam that dps macro. Should I hit you for a 20k normal ability, that leads up to 3 hits and a 99k hit, or waste a stun? Should I Rift Burst you down with 3 consecutive 60k plus swings (with everything added in as passives to that), or stun you for giggles. The balance is too far swung in OP dps side for utility to make much sense, or more or less, its very much not needed and only good if multiple people are using it at once on someone overly powerful like any geared warrior healing, but that's a issue that shouldn't exist, as mentioned, the newer soul's abilities are broken in that they are more powerful then everyone else's handicaps they are subjected to when entering a warfront.

To point, not a single CC bothers me. The dps, however, is crazy on some souls. I'm sure you could give me a tough time with one of your CC specs, but the dps way overshadows any of that now. Your spec would have to be used on a warrior, not a cleric, but it wouldn't phase them either to be blunt. Adding that second break free everyone gets pretty much nullified good CC'ers, unless you can vary your CC and it doesn't make the person immune, which most CC is connected. They made a mistake with adding that for everyone, plus upping TTK so that a single good dps'er can kill you in the time frame he's immune to one CC.

You are correct everyone doesn't look at the whole of a soul for what it brings to a battle. My build has 2 AOE cleanses and a full cleanse. With how powerful one-button warlocks are, its a game-changer. It still heals somewhat with a talent in the trees, though, just an fyi.

The rogue hybrid build I get a lower average hps when their are less people, but it still is quite powerful with its debuffs. I can actually tell the difference in how quickly someone dies when I slap 3 debuffs on the person in between heals, which is what I do. In a recent wf I had mid 9k hps, still cleanse constantly, and did a couple debuffs to help get the healing enemy player down quicker. Ended up with 7 million total heals in a karthan, as rogue. I generally dont play healer as rogue, however, when I don't have at least 10 players in the wf since a good amount of the healing power is aoe healing. You can still keep up a good 6-7k hps as single target heals if you just spam healing. Most people don't know the hybrid build you need, though.

EU players are migrating, and while a lot of NA are casual, I'm certain of 1 of 2 things. 1. They somehow have better gear from frags or something NO ONE ELSE has or 2. Hacking which, with such an old game and no one actively looking into basic bugs let alone the security of the game, I'm surprised people really think no one has successfully hacked the game. Well actually thats silly, because people already hacked the game successfully in the past, which is fact not opinion. I state this because I constantly look at numbers, and pretty much if you have Rift Meter the whole community looks at one EU player in particular that sits roughly 30% plus higher in numbers then everyone else, including in 30 man wfs (both sides 15 people). There are a couple other EU players that transferred over and its the same. They sit higher on any soul then everyone else, in every aspect. At this point I would have thought several vet players would be totally max geared including frags, but its almost like they have better gear because they aren't hitting anything in any order then anyone else-same macro's. Highly suspicious just these few friends are those that hit these numbers. But no one will look into it-as much as no one is changing any of the bugs or exploits or much of anything else I/other people have mentioned. Won't get anyone looking into frags or gear either, so hacking or long-lost gear no one can get anymore, we will probably never know.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-22-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Shield of Telara

If absorb is the problem with warchanter then that is something you have to prove. My understanding has always been that Shield of Hero is broken with warchanter. For a measly 6 point investment warchanter gets to wear a shield, enable guard and gain 30% healing done to self. Outgoing heals are not effected by keeping the guard buff up like other guard buffs. The spec he use is worse than faerie healer tanks that others nerfed nearly immediately but this gets to live on for years and years.. with nothing being done.. He also uses CoA shield( the heal can only work with guard buff and you can use it with paragon/paly spec and lose no damage like other guard buffs) for the heal that should be disabled in PvP, and the other healing consumables and items. Yes, he is very known for abusing "features" which have been reported. It is not anything new just constantly being swept under the rug when it gets brought up. Other things that need to be disabled in instances are CD items and buffs with animations. It causes several players to dc. And it doesn't happen in just warfronts because it happened in our raid when one of our raiders would pop all the animations and drop several players in our raid. It doesn't have to drop you immediately either it can happen several mins into a raid where someone or few people will dc.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-16-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    If absorb is the problem with warchanter then that is something you have to prove. My understanding has always been that Shield of Hero is broken with warchanter. For a measly 6 point investment warchanter gets to wear a shield, enable guard and gain 30% healing done to self. Outgoing heals are not effected by keeping the guard buff up like other guard buffs. The spec he use is worse than faerie healer tanks that others nerfed nearly immediately but this gets to live on for years and years.. with nothing being done.. He also uses CoA shield( the heal can only work with guard buff) for the heal that should be disabled in PvP, and the other healing consumables and items. Yes, he is very known for abusing "features" which have been reported. It is not anything new just constantly being swept under the rug when it gets brought up. Other things that need to be disabled in instances are CD items and buffs with animations. It causes several players to dc. And it doesn't happen in just warfronts because it happened in our raid when one of our raiders would pop all the animations and drop several players in our raid. It doesn't have to drop you immediately either it can happen several mins into a raid where someone or few people will dc.
    The shielding is just an observation. I see it on mage healers too. I get no other souls that I see really high amounts of absorb since shielding was nerfed to the ground. There is a thread on heals that were missed on that last big heal nerf patch, and I believe a lot of the newer souls were overlooked if I remember correctly. It's almost a given that the shields weren't also patched properly, which is a very HUGE thing if your soul has good shields built into its system. the warrior heal souls have several. Not sure about mage.

I did ask for anyone to test it, several times, but no one responded in any thread yes or no. I lack the means to test, plus would need to know the exact nerf %, which I do not.

The info you gave about the "features" was interesting and helps solve some problems. However, his output is still over the top for dps as well. He could very well be exploiting, AND hacking. After all, someone who wins at all cost would have been a huge exploiter prior to considering hacking the system. it's built into their psychology. Then you dont know the actual skill level if someone can play around with numbers.

To point the best players I've seen for years get around 12k dps on a Riftblade. They do around upper 40k's hits on geared players, and probably get into the 50's on non-geared lowbies. Everyone forgets when your talking output numbers it depends who your hitting. Then an EU player comes over and he's hitting 18k dps, lowering to 12k if he's running away kiting. Basically everyone's best is his low point. Seen it over and over. Same with his HPS he sits at 15k hps and drops to 12k if he's just kiting. Everyones best is his low point, again.

Now RB has a set macro, and limited offsouls. There is not "hybrid" build he's doing. There is no pve item I know of that lets him do this. His macro's will be the exact same as every other high-end warrior its not a complicated soul. But he's 20% plus higher then the next best player.

And so I can only conclude he has some gear like frags you cant get anymore, he knows some exploit no one else seems to have figured out, or he's got a program someone made somewhere throughout Rift's life and is hacking-there's just no one left to defend the walls is all. I mean seriously, you probably could use any of the old program hacks that already did get through to Rift. Right now its...report it to who? No ones actually looking into it.

Just go in and have some fun.. try not to overthink too much, and switch things around as you like.

https://imgflip.com/i/3t91ed

Woo boy, never seen hour long queues in my life. Not even at costco!

The world is locked in doors and pvp is deader than a door knob.... because somehow after all these years the condition of pvp has been made worse. Somehow after all these years ranged at the tail end of this game before it died was somehow boosted.

from the moment you load into a warfront you got 17 dots going around a corner through a wall and up yoru ****ing ***.

these recent pvp changes espeically the heavy handed dmg increase and thinned out the pvp population. Not a pvp game? ok but why destroy w/e pvp population is left.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 03-24-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    The world is locked in doors and pvp is deader than a door knob.... because somehow after all these years the condition of pvp has been made worse. Somehow after all these years ranged at the tail end of this game before it died was somehow boosted.

from the moment you load into a warfront you got 17 dots going around a corner through a wall and up yoru ****ing ***.

these recent pvp changes espeically the heavy handed dmg increase and thinned out the pvp population. Not a pvp game? ok but why destroy w/e pvp population is left.
    Has nothing to do with what is wrong with PvP. Melee souls are being turned into range and dots ticking to kill you over 15 secs is nothing compared to being burst from the range for nearly half your life in a global. The problem is perception. You rather die instantly than watch your character die slowly with a chance that maybe you can save it on the getaway. Warrior is also the best healer so you can always go heals if you want to be a team player and counter damage better than any other class by a huge margin.

The average damage of players overall is lower than you would think. The RNG trash of PvP fragments is a big part of the problem. If someone lucks out and wins some godlike fragments they are going to have an insane advantage for a long time. If someone hasn't got a good fragment in 500 games played then they will be at a disadvantage just based on being unlucky. The older players have an insane advantage and they probably have enough fragments to gear several toons to PvP with while the newer players are stuck in limbo hoping to get carried by these players. In many cases they give up even trying to learn the class to play better because after a while it becomes pointless to them... since the game treats certain players better than others "unintentionally." No quality founding dev would have allowed such a system to exist for PvP as they would have had the foresight to understand how much of a problem it would cause for player retention.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-05-2020 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7