+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift pvp 2020

Default wait a minute who made this one?

it's not like we lead anywhere anyway. for the past few years, any real suggestion the game needs to prevent it from dying is mocked and twisted around anyway.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-30-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

i don't think personnal attacks will lead somewhere

Ascendant

I agree with Sylaen. Personal attacks are taking the game stuff too far. While Ive mentioned I love pvp forum fights, it is just a game after all.

Take a moment to step back.

Shield of Telara

They need to work on the most obvious stupid stuff that is going on. I mean obviously if you have PvP fragments and you have vets which have 1000s of hours and wins it is going to hurt the new comers who don't have the same opportunity without max PvP fragments. It just becomes a lose your way to the top or be carried in a lot of cases. This is obviously a bad decision that is allow to exist for years and never be fixed. It discourages new players from playing the game.

Secondly, it is obviously broken when you can instant mount and gain 160% + speed in warfronts at anytime you want as long as the warfront allows mounting. That is an obvious thing that is obviously not intended and should have been fixed years ago.

As for class balance it is a bit complex. You need to have 1000s of hours with all classes. Can't rely on a player who only plays one class and barely to its full extent for advice about balance. They will just complain and ruin it for a lot of others. If a warrior complains about dots, and doesn't play heals ever then he will never know how truly powerful his class is against DoTs and even burst. Just for example.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-17-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Oooo i see some old timey names here.

And judging by this thread, it seems like i never left

So looking to the patch notes, are healers still OP or not, wanting to dust of my cleric!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    They need to work on the most obvious stupid stuff that is going on. I mean obviously if you have PvP fragments and you have vets which have 1000s of hours and wins it is going to hurt the new comers who don't have the same opportunity without max PvP fragments. It just becomes a lose your way to the top or be carried in a lot of cases. This is obviously a bad decision that is allow to exist for years and never be fixed. It discourages new players from playing the game.

Secondly, it is obviously broken when you can instant mount and gain 160% + speed in warfronts at anytime you want as long as the warfront allows mounting. That is an obvious thing that is obviously not intended and should have been fixed years ago.

As for class balance it is a bit complex. You need to have 1000s of hours with all classes. Can't rely on a player who only plays one class and barely to its full extent for advice about balance. They will just complain and ruin it for a lot of others. If a warrior complains about dots, and doesn't play heals ever then he will never know how truly powerful his class is against DoTs and even burst. Just for example.
    There are multiple basic things in the game that any unbiased person would look at and see needs a change for fairness sake. One major problem is these ongoing very glaring advantageous issues weren't addressed, and have already whittled down the playerbase to the point most the active playing vets are the ones purposefully using these methods because, why not? None of it gets looked at or changed.

It only takes one player to ruin the fun of the rest, truly so because balance now isnt the distance of only a few varying numbers, its a huge gap that no one seems to be able to explain, especially in Pvp.

What most people dont want to acknowledge is that there ARE these gaps which should be looked at, for balance AND so new players can get into the game and feel part of the team. You cant expect new blood to jump in and play at a vets level, and so the experience is simply...why did I die in 3 seconds. Wait I rezzed let me jump down. Ok that guy just hit me for 99k and while I was pulled in the air I died before I landed. Ok let me try my favorite spec I used while leveling. What? 80% of my specs are worthless in pvp and I need to play X or Y because they are 10 times better in pvp. Hows that balance? Ok Ill just heal. Oh Im a cleric or rogue and heals suck because Im not a mage or warrior, and their defense is way better and shields ALONG with higher heals? Ok Ill just get gear. What? Frags are RNG and some players bought a full set while other players are going a year playing and most their frags are still not maxed. Guess I need to pve farm plat for the reliquary, upkeep of potions, and to buy the latest and greatest item enchantments. Oh Ill also have to dig and research and experiment to figure out what gear is actually bis vs just having a straight set of bis gear available for one aspect of the game, since thats tough to do. Whys that guy wearing that pve item but everything else is bis pvp items? Oh its adding large bonuses to his stats bypassing bolstering? Hows that fair?

While this isnt my experience because Im not in that state, this IS the situation for anyone attempting to try pvp. Its off-putting to anyone.

Anyone arguing to not fix things is just another piece of the large wall actively pushing away new players.

Heres what I truly dont get, or more or less dont think some of the bigger abusers get. You dont need to be doing 4 times the dps of everyone else or massive HPS with insane built in damage mitigation as a tank to be skillful or awesome. We CAN balance some things so your max is double the average person and you'd still be that skillful player. All these added-up massive advantages do, along with exploits, is push away new blood and ruin the game for a lot of other people. If enough people pushed for more change thats the best chance these things will get done, and pvp can be revitalized.

Whats disappointing to me is the lack of fixes or change despite numerous suggestions (not even speaking about mine), and bugs turned in. I see no pts projects for months, no responses to dozens of basic bug reports, no real dev updates of any substance, no upcoming or mentioned class changes, no pve plans (even though I dont pve), let alone any pvp fixes. To point, I had a player challenge me to report one of his-very obvious-friends for suspicious output. Everyone knows who Im talking about. This player stated, “See what happens,” implying Gamigo wouldnt do anything because he believes they are innocent of anything. I laughed and replied plenty of other people reported them aside from me, and Ive reported several bugs, exploits and issues as well. Ive seen 0 changes. I could have told them go report ten things you know are problems/bugs and six months later none of it would be fixed. Meaning, I dont think most of anything is actually looked into. I know the CM is active and recorded things. I just think 99.9% isnt looked at. Not enough voices pushing. Heck, weeks go by with anyone posting here for example.

As far as class balancing goes I would only take the observations of players with multiple max leveled toons, because, as you stated, people dont understand the other side of the coin unless you play it. I spam aoe cleanses on my cleric sent/puri for example, which can make a huge difference in a wf outcome vs if I didnt. I listen for the audible dot applications applied to my team and full cleanse the lead player first to try to block the next step of spreading dots to the rest of my team, then I spam heals. Ive also played warlock and defiler and Reaver so I understand the weaknesses to normally powerful souls when other players dont attempt to counter it properly. Admittedly I was very ignorant when I solely played a warrior, and my perspective changed as I played more souls. I also believe balance wont just be achieved from the highest performing perspectives, however, because you have to take into account the complicated mechanics of some of these high performing players. I.e. it may reach high numbers, but barely anyone can perform this way and you have to balance the average performer in a smart way so you dont inadvertently overbuff the better players. And, lol, Im not talking about macroed classes as complicated classes.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Oooo i see some old timey names here.

And judging by this thread, it seems like i never left

So looking to the patch notes, are healers still OP or not, wanting to dust of my cleric!
    Mage and warrior healers are pretty tough, with high HPS equaling about 12k on the better players when the average better player hits 9k on dps. Im giving average numbers I typically see on rift meter for better players. I also believe mage and warrior newer soul abilities arent properly pvp nerfed so I believe the actual power of mage and warrior healers is much higher then the already-high HPS number. Warrior in particular on the healing souls has some very good damage reduction. I saw a pve post mentioning warchanter numbers and for a pve fight and the poster stated basically why is no one questioning this output. I.e. Im seeing very big imbalance in pvp as well so it makes sense.

DPS: If you dust off your cleric, inquisitor is decent and shaman in close-quarter wfs for dps, but by no means are they as powerful as several other souls in the other callings. Inq has a cheesy port tactic in runeshaper build, but its not going to win matches, only give you a good kills to deaths ratio.

HEALING: Cleric healing is about on par with rogue healing-that is to say the bottom of the barrel for most people for a couple reasons. Unlike mage or warrior the output isnt as high, and also the survivability isnt built into it like mage or warrior and, as mentioned, I believe the shields on mage/warrior are broken so their output is much higher, just not seen since shields arent captured on rift meter. Rogue heals also suffer the same issue as cleric in that the mage/warrior healers are just tougher to kill along with the higher heals.

So if you like a challenge dust off your cleric. If you want better results with less work go mage or warrior. That is to say, your not useless by any means if you figure out the tricks for rogue/cleric heals. Ive hit 10k hps on both rogue/cleric, but I can name about two other people Ive seen hit anywhere close to that. Most rogues/clerics dont even bother healing.

Another way to put it-the warrior and to some degree mage healers can play bad, have horrible positioning, and facetank quite a lot of players. Do that on cleric/rogue and your respawning in short order. I do believe this issue isnt just for pvp, but pve as well concerning clerics and possibly rogues being left behind heals-wise. Some pve’r can chime in and give the real answer on that.
    Last edited by Wrastion; Yesterday at 10:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6