+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: good thing we nerfed primalist healing

L
    Quote Originally Posted by TrippyC View Post
    To put plainly, you're all not as good as you think you are, especially compared to the really good players(there aren't many left around these days).

Yours truly, Nivlak the Grimy
    Good, bad, meh. How important is it to worry with the mentality of good and bad from some online elitiest, ingame JoeSmo? For me, what the meter tells me is something that might help me improve. But I care more about having fun and doing so ethically. Sure, one can be meter good but are you ethically good? Are your abilities from what the game allows and was intended or are you using a means to bypass those? Generally speaking, of course.

Besides, the comparison was made between a pre-70 op and all players in that match including a top performer. It wasn't made between just one player or one from the sea of average performers as you referred to some. Obviously it isn't about a player thinking they are so good that they shouldn't have been bested. From what I can gather it was the enormity of their numbers that raised questions, as was stated. So the reason for this comment isn't obvious.

Pre-70 bolstered wf stats is around 4.5k critpower and a nice chunk of attack power/spell power and spell/phys crit, from what I remember. That's why pre-70 can hit hard, but it's not nearly as good as a fully-geared pvp player(that knows how to play properly).

Wrastion shared screenshots showing this L68 player's numbers being nearly as high as your numbers, this exceeding all other players in that match. They explained that they also observed theirs as sometimes better than yours. But your reply actually raises more questions than hints at answers as to how a pre-70 gaining little to no stats from gear, and by your comment potentially bolstered to 4.5kCP w/ a nice chunk of AP, could produce output on par with a 70, carrying stats from gear, frag stats, 6.5-7kCP possibly w/ consumables. Someone mentioned Level 65 frags, I've never seen these. But could they account for this kind of output?

OK, rotation and specs and having these well executed can make a difference. But is it intended by the staff here for pre-70s to make this kind of output? And as well other competent 68s-69s, also bolstered do not perform at this same level, literally steam rolling through players.

Lately, I've seen some really good ones crank out decent dps and kbs Under 70. But shortly after they hit 70, maybe a week or so they too begin steam rolling. But not at 68-69. Whether a player thinks these 68s-69s are good or not, if they are are following the progression path as designed, and as well maximizing their abilities but still not making these numbers, maybe the staff should look at this.

If for nothing else, maybe this snippet of data can be peeped by them, so that they can determine if bolstering is working properly. Though its suppose to level the playing field a bit for pre-70s, it wouldn't make sense to me for output to run competitive with top performing 70s. And its not fair to players who've had to put in a significant grind to get to a decent level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You will have players that in their entire life they will not know how truly versatile their class is because they choose to play 1 way 100% of the time. And obviously, since they don't know the potential of their class they are more likely to deem what others do as suspect or an exploit or hack.
    Lol at "in their entire life". Who in the world is worried about this game in their entire life? I suppose people who are seriously limited in scope to it alone. Players have different interests, obligations and varying thought and comprehension. I'm here for fun not for constant theory-crafting look overs. As a result, I expect many to out perform me. Its when they also out perform by large margins decent and some high performers that I take pause.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-17-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Wrastion shared screenshots showing this L68 player's numbers being nearly as high as your numbers, this exceeding all other players in that match. They explained that they also observed theirs as sometimes better than yours.
    I had to go find what you're talking about. Did you consider that damage isn't always consistent every wf? 8.5k dps is pretty low for a warrior. Hell, even that's low for Pluson or anyone else of our caliber, level 68 or 70. You have to consider that high damage isn't consistent every match. Maybe I was afk, maybe the match was so unbalanced I had low dps because I was dead most of the time. Maybe I was defending a flag, not doing any damage. My point is, don't take info from one or two screenshots and raise suspicion to yourself and others. I'm in no ways friends with pluson, I've never directly spoken with him. But I acknowledge him as a great player, especially compared to what we have now. I find myself defending him against accusations frequently as well. Why do I defend him? Because I know I am a good pvper and how most specs work. I see him doing nothing out of the ordinary because I know what he's doing(HINT: He knows how to play specs to their fullest) . I just see a bunch of mediocre players complaining because they don't understand how good bolstering is or how certain specs perform.

tl;dr: Get good

Just a few screenshots since some of you think 8k dps is "high"

https://imgur.com/vyo4PCt

https://imgur.com/TfyrF6t

before damage buff(17k would be 34k now)
    https://imgur.com/mhSJfr7

I had to go find what you're talking about. Did you consider that damage isn't always consistent every wf? 8.5k dps is pretty low for a warrior. Hell, even that's low for Pluson or anyone else of our caliber, level 68 or 70. You have to consider that high damage isn't consistent every match. Maybe I was afk, maybe the match was so unbalanced I had low dps because I was dead most of the time. Maybe I was defending a flag, not doing any damage. My point is, don't take info from one or two screenshots and raise suspicion to yourself and others. I'm in no ways friends with pluson, I've never directly spoken with him. But I acknowledge him as a great player, especially compared to what we have now. I find myself defending him against accusations frequently as well. Why do I defend him? Because I know I am a good pvper and how most specs work. I see him doing nothing out of the ordinary because I know what he's doing(HINT: He knows how to play specs to their fullest) . I just see a bunch of mediocre players complaining because they don't understand how good bolstering is or how certain specs perform.

Just a few screenshots since some of you think 8k dps is "high"

https://imgur.com/vyo4PCt

https://imgur.com/TfyrF6t

before damage buff(17k would be 34k now)
    https://imgur.com/mhSJfr7
    I'm wonderful. Can't you see how great I am?!? Just stand in the bask of my wf glory and all who play like me.
    You cats are wf wreckage! Accept it!

Yeah whatever. This can't be taken seriously b/c some over bloated ego machine is downplaying it. Its not even about your personal gripe on good and bad players. Its about how bolstering is suppose to work and as well these strange enormous outputs. so that gameplay is fair here. But I don't believe what you say is honest nor accounts for these huge differences. Quite frankly, Plus was the cat that made the video showing him force entering the opposing team's side, killing players. This isn't even allowable and he should've been returned to his spawn. Yet was able to be stable there long enough to make a video. How was he able to do this? Did it not, bypass the game's restrictions? I dunno, but I don't for one second think that doing something else is beneath him.

Anyway talk **** about your numbers for your own pleasure. I am average and sometimes a little above. I have absolutely np w/ that. But I play fairly. Meaning I play to the best of my ability without exploiting capabilities. Besides you're ok but I recall when you'd make a B-line to avoid Ballz ( respectfully, may he 4ever remain sealed where ever hes at) handing your *** to you. He still did anyway. So I'm not buying all this elitiest pushback and murkying the issue that you're doing.
    While your performance may be high, there is nothing elite about you.

If any staff is watching could you please take a look at the screen shares and pics w/ complaints being sent to you about how bolstering is functioning in pvp and these enormous outputs. As well as other strange events shared here. Can you shed light on the percentage frags boosts performance also?

Betcha read that; Get a life, JoSmo

*I'm bout as good as suits me*
    Last edited by Sails; 11-18-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Ascendant

The thing about paragon is that it's incredibly easy to play and do "well" with. It's so easy infact you can even play it with one button and do some decent damage and burst. That's all these "vets" who seem "good" can do. Then you see them attempt to play another spec like warchanter and do pretty low healing. It's the same for primalist. I never judge a player on how good they are if they hit decent numbers with paragon or primalist, because it's simplistic and mostly brainless to play. These same players try to play a different class or spec and you see how "good" they really are(hint:they're not). I said it before and I'll say it again, it's one very good player in a sea of average players. Also on a side note, this player you are talking about isn't doing anything out of the norm from what I've seen. Pre-70 bolstered wf stats is around 4.5k critpower and a nice chunk of attack power/spell power and spell/phys crit, from what I remember. That's why pre-70 can hit hard, but it's not nearly as good as a fully-geared pvp player(that knows how to play properly). Frags aren't as op as most of you seem to think, they don't make or break a spec/person. I average 6.5-7k cp across all my toons. Most "vets" are probably around that or a bit lower.To put plainly, you're all not as good as you think you are, especially compared to the really good players(there aren't many left around these days).

Wasnt talking about paragon, at all. I hit 9-10k dps on my warrior, playing paragon. I know others hit higher like 12k or more. I also barely play my warrior. I dont find this out of whack. I was referring to the RB hitting 18k dps and dropping to a low of 12k, literally 3 shotting people. I just saw them in a wf yesterday sustaining 12k hps and was sitting at 15 k hps for quite a while on warrior, while being focused (purged ccd etc..).

Anyways, I already mentioned in my post Im not the best player, yet you felt the need to attempt to belittle me in your random, out of the blue post jumping in to yet again defend someone you dont know? Odd. Either you have a reading issue, or only really like to comment on posts when players are questioning things, for some reason.

Your pre 70 numbers still dont explain the output by a lvl 69 player.

You should be attacking others too. Plenty of players questioning only certain players. “One really good player in a sea of average players” would also be how a cheater in any game would be described. That statement is moot considering the discussion at hand.

Last, I dont even know why your bringing in skill as a subject. How complex is it when your (your as in anyones) output is so great you kill players in 3-5 gcd’s? All that means is your damage is so much higher then anyone else’s. Even people doing the exact same thing as you, yet the output is much lower. That means anyone could be given the same toon and perform much greater then before. Thats not skill. Skill would be known if everything was equalized which its completely not.

Maybe one would think youd be on board looking for game issues to help balance and encourage devs to check on security issues. My post was never about one individual I just got asked for a ss concerning them at lvl 69. There are several players I suspect of cheating, and usually they have friends. Cheating is an interesting thing, too, because they arent necessarily the best players. You could have an average player whose increased to good by cheating, for example, and no one would question that. A cheater could also use their program off and on, especially if they got nervous when, say, someone starts to question odd performance.

Even if devs looked into it and found the results-cheating or no cheating-Im sure you'd be happy with knowing the results, right? I just know one thing for certain. If something can be done, it usually is attempted. The question then is if anything is there, or even anyone, to detect it. Even virus checkers update regularly. Its probably not a bad guess that Rifts security policing hasn't been looked at-or isnt even monitored at all-for years.

Ive seen hacks in game in the past. Literal hacks. This was never a question of is it possible. Im asking them to look at it currently. Even if they found some then Im doing you a favor by proving whose really a superb player and whose doing things they shouldn't. You can thank me for helping to try to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what wonderful pvp players we have since Im helping to answer multiple players questioning cheating. What a nice guy I am. Also, after reading the rest of your comments to other people. The word egotistical and vain are in dictionary.com for reference.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-17-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Soulwalker

Default qq

I'm just speaking the truth, most of you complaining here aren't very good. And being good at rift isn't anything to brag about; what's hard about tab targeting and pressing buttons? The sad part is how long some of you have been playing and can't even do that right!

tl;dr: quit qq'ing because the truth hurts

https://imgur.com/a/1koSURO

Ascendant

I'm just speaking the truth, most of you complaining here aren't very good. And being good at rift isn't anything to brag about; what's hard about tab targeting and pressing buttons? The sad part is how long some of you have been playing and can't even do that right!

Again, interesting this is the main subject you decide to make posts about.

If someone was cheating, they'd have the same reply you do. Just pointing that out if you didnt realize it. That would be the first go-to defense.

If your so confident why even bother replying. After all, and I already pointed this out to you-all I can end up doing then is exonerate people, in your eyes. You state you know the truth, but factually neither of us do. Only someone working for Rift can look into the truth of the matter. Im asking to get to the truth, your doing the opposite. That alone is highly questionable. So far all anyone knows from your posts are you know your right, you are in a select elite group of players and everyone else is beneath you, you feel the need to defend someone you admittedly dont know-yet somehow looked into him since you know everything is correct with what hes doing which doesnt seem odd at all, and everyone should just take your word for it, no need to ask about it. Oh and Im bad along with everyone else who asks about cheating, specifically.

Lol got it. You arent easy to read, at all. Nope.

Not really. It seems seeing my truth hurts you more than me. I've said it here I'm average.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails
    I am average and sometimes a little above. I have absolutely np w/ that. But I play fairly.
    Oh yeah, you like the word, me-di-o-cre. Protip: They mean the same thing. If your point is that my perception is skued b/c I'm not good and don't know what good looks like, thats false. I know when things look questionable and numbers don't make sense by simply comparing data.

And about hurt: What could hurt the game's environment here and prevent fairness is if exploits are being allowed to run amok.

You keep trying to make this be about your judgement on mediocre players instead of reasonable issues mentioned here. This isn't about you. But hey I will indulge in your folly.
    https://imgflip.com/i/3gnvu0
    Last edited by Sails; 11-18-2019 at 03:40 PM.

how about going into some detail about what the great players are doing, but the bads arent, that is the root cause of such a wide gap in performance?

maybe a "Nivlak's Guide to Being Less Bad" will make pvp more entertaining for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    how about going into some detail about what the great players are doing, but the bads arent, that is the root cause of such a wide gap in performance?

maybe a "Nivlak's Guide to Being Less Bad" will make pvp more entertaining for you.
    You right, fam

Nivlak's Guide to Being Less Bad:
    Rule #1:Read your spec and abilities to fully understand and get the most out of it

that's literally it, enjoy

Eight memes...well ok.

When you send 'em mad wild, flakey meme making. Laughs. Don't hurt yourself or pop a blood vessel or nothing. *wipe shines nails off top*

Hopefully if there is anyone here left that can look into what's posed here, they will.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-18-2019 at 07:14 AM.

You right, fam

Nivlak's Guide to Being Less Bad:
    Rule #1:Read your spec and abilities to fully understand and get the most out of it

that's literally it, enjoy
    Kronos, is it ok if I come up with a little song or maybe some prose about how you walked up to the door, placed your hand on its handle and swung it open to its farthest position, right here?
    Last edited by Sails; 11-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLPzCuejWQ

don't necessarily watch the video, but let you rock by this kind voice before sleeping during 1 month and who knows, something will perhaps happen
    ------
    Good post Sylaen! Just listening to just the intro, I realize I wore off the bumps on keys over time.

It's probably time for a new keyboard and a closer look at my peripherals, especially if Santa delivers coal.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 11-17-2019 at 02:31 PM.

The main problem is mixing up everyone in the same warfronts regardless of player ability or game knowledge. Of course it won't be fair. There is no way of fixing this though as you can't just ban someone for being too good.

It is interesting to see how the NA pvp community reacts to good players. We have average and arrogant players here suggesting that if someone can perform on a high level then they probably are cheating. This is the wrong way of going about things if you were hoping to learn something. See Nivlak's Guide to Being Less Bad above.

Pluson > NA

Sword of Telara

Nothing any one with a decent amount of PvP wouldn't realize. That is just BD spamming hellfire hundreds and warlock AE with dot spread. Warlord doesn't have that great of an AE as them but it's passive through mostly killing field.. BD isn't too terribly hard to kill solo... Warlock DoT specs usually never get that high but they are very counter-able. Pet specs force the Dots to spread onto your pet... so something like a ranger with diffuse, pet and cleanse soul can be more viable vs. them.. some items also spawn minions that work in warfronts. Then you have the dot counter like a cleanse spec.. AE cleanse every 10 secs that can be integrated with some healing specs like warden or oracle puri with a full cleanse.. Pretty effective to shut them down. The problem is people aren't willing to learn the counters to make these players less effective.. Honestly, mage and cleric would be in a terrible position if the other classes actually learned to play their class and cleanse/heal. Mage and Cleric have some very hard counters to themselves...expel boom, L Blight, sterilize, cleansing chant etc.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 11-18-2019 at 05:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast