+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree13Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior Heals

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default Warrior Heals

    Warrior heals are now the new farseer. While not as bad as an aoe that bounces and full heals, it is still unbalancing. I also mentioned that this would happen prior to any changes (to farseer), since they are not looking at all the unbalancing heals that are bypassing pvp nerfs, which I believe it is with heals and shields, at least on a few abilities. To be clear, I mentioned this in several posts, and now its starting to come true. Several players were complaining about it, so this isn't just a "me" thing. If you weren't on the max geared lib's wf, you were most likely going to lose, and even if you managed to win, your team was basically decimated over and over.

    The issue is a triple thing. 1. Warriors have great tanking builds/splash builds. 2. Heals not subjected to the pvp balancing (at least I believe so-someone that's a warrior could comment if they heal) 3. The shields are not even being shown, and warriors heal for more then aoe souls now, mostly ST. This means the heal number you see isn't even the total effect, which appears to be a lot more with all the shields I'm constantly seeing. Shields are actually better then heals, since they buffer and (usually) can be pre-cast on you, unlike most heals. Again, don't own a warrior but most souls I've had with shields you can pre-buff.

    Like most things, it only starts to show worse and worse as more play it and more gain gear.

    Overall, my real goal is to get heals, in general, to the right place. You won't do that with big outliers. Heals are like complete extremes for the healing souls being you either suck, or its over the top.

    And as always, before more complaints. I've been asking for a ttk lowering as well. Personally Id do this by fixing frags, though. Make a set of pvp frags you can earn by buying, like all the other gear, and fix ttk. Overall I'd like more balance, but you cant really do that and keep lib like it is, because if you did, no one would die with a lib. TTK definitely needs toning down-has for a while now. CC is about pointless since TTK is so quick. We are missing out on most of the tactics of pvp due to this.

    The game is more akin to a wrecking ball then a game of chess, like it used to be. You can't make any correct move when a few players, frags or whatever it is, kill you in 3-4 seconds. You can actually make all the perfect moves, but it wont matter, one break free is enough to instantly kill you before their immunity wears off. It's quite ridiculous with a few players to be honest.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 09-28-2019 at 09:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    TTK being low is acceptable at least. People actually play even though its low. With it being too high people quit.. they literally quit the game and log out.You not wanting to respawn = game dieing. Even cleric was being played more often and although they are more like Kill Stealers than actually killers they were getting used.

    The problem with TTK is the way some souls are built and it will take someone with great knowledge to fix most of those souls. First, they have to look into what the burst frequency of each of the souls are.. Then they have to sort of normalize them to behave the same.. And you don't have to have everyone on 1 min burst frequency either.. you can have say something on a 15, 30, 45, even 12 sec burst but the shorter the time the easier it is counter and the harder it should be to deliver. For an extreme.. if you have something on 12 secs. it should be like a channel that requires 5 gcd separate key press before it can do the optimal burst. Consider something like Inquisitor which shouldn't have a interruptable burst since it has 1 min cd to burst but something like MM is around 10-12 secs set up and much easier to burst with. Interrupting MM burst they are down 10-12 sec. Interrupt Inquisitor burst they are down 1 min. That is atrocious. Then you have those NB/Bards, Primalist and Warriors who are so terribly broken with burst setup in comparison.. They have low burst frequency and immense ease of play with nearly 0 counter.

    Normalizing fragments has nothing to do with TTK but rather to make gear itself a non factor to balance. Same goes with PvE gear in PvP. Like the Level 65 tank shields, weapons and such with the heal proc.

    As for warrior healing in PvP it is a bit of a mess to fix. First you have to make the tank buffs actually lower healing potential(if they don't).. Then you have to fix their healing/absorbs that are outliers. Same goes for Puri hybrids.. and possibly other classes.

    Well, that would be the way I would approach fix the game. Keep in mind that Damage Reduction is more important than Absorbs in PvP. That is why TTK balance is not so easy. They nerfed absorbs on souls that depend highly on it for survival but some souls are built with damage reduction in them so they are quite more effective with TTK. Dodge, Stealth, Mobility all contribute to TTK, either increasing or lowering it. CC would work better if we didn't have so many break free options. They can lower the immunity to CC a bit and it would help. However some CC last way too long..

    Hiding your buffs behind a slew of other buffs like conduit buffs is also lame as well.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-29-2019 at 12:11 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Perhaps instead of writting a wall of text everytime asking for balancing that will never come because THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WORKING ON THE GAME, you should adapt and play yourself this healing spec so each team will have healer on his side.
    The guy you are talking about is streaming, he play various specs, he has stuff, he has buff to not get purged too fast and he is adapting. If you nerf this or this spec, he will go other and you will still find a way to complain. If you nerf warrior heals, then some will go Frostkeeper, there will be post about nerfing frostkeeper, etc, etc that will never end.
    Of course it's not pleasant to be on loosing team because other as a good healer, but that was the same with Farseer, and same with frostkeeper if some team can't do enough damage like it's the case due to BP players.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    Perhaps instead of writting a wall of text everytime asking for balancing that will never come because THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WORKING ON THE GAME, you should adapt and play yourself this healing spec so each team will have healer on his side.
    The guy you are talking about is streaming, he play various specs, he has stuff, he has buff to not get purged too fast and he is adapting. If you nerf this or this spec, he will go other and you will still find a way to complain. If you nerf warrior heals, then some will go Frostkeeper, there will be post about nerfing frostkeeper, etc, etc that will never end.
    Of course it's not pleasant to be on loosing team because other as a good healer, but that was the same with Farseer, and same with frostkeeper if some team can't do enough damage like it's the case due to BP players.
    Asking for balance does not equate to complaining. Im one of the most adaptable players in game. I only comment when something is way out of line. In many of the matchups I was top killer and or the only one to kill someone, which is quite sad that wfs are getting farmed due to one overly tanky, great healing soul.

    And Im not actually asking for a nerf, to clear things up. Im asking for abilities to be properly in line with all the other pvp reductions. Your whole premise is a big misconception. Im asking for things to be the way the games states they should be in pvp. I did comment a while back on this and all the other newer souls that were getting away with things not intended to get through to pvp. It really doesnt matter if he streams, has a buff checker etc.., he can do all that even after a pvp correction, and still play the soul.

    And if they do fix lib heals, properly-that is to say what its always intended to be-the next best heals will be a notch lower then the unbalancing current one and everyone will have much better, balanced warfronts.

    Mind you your comments are way behind me I was asking for proper fixing to, specifically lib, way back when farseer wasnt fixed. I saw the shielding and output and realized it was actually very competitive and near farseer output save more ST, and commented that this would happen.

    You also misunderstand my motivation. Any wf was quite boring with a lib on my side or against. Most the matches were predetermined based on one soul, which shouldn't be that way. The other healing souls, also, wont last nearly as long as a lib. That alone kind of counters your leave the soul alone another will take its place argument.

    Also, why give up trying for balance just because they dont have much manpower? Some things got fixed-not in the way I asked mind you-but they attempted. Last, theres really no hope for multiple heals of any competitive degree if you dont first fix the outliers.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 09-29-2019 at 01:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Warrior heals are now the new farseer. While not as bad as an aoe that bounces and full heals, it is still unbalancing. I also mentioned that this would happen prior to any changes (to farseer), since they are not looking at all the unbalancing heals that are bypassing pvp nerfs, which I believe it is with heals and shields, at least on a few abilities. To be clear, I mentioned this in several posts, and now its starting to come true. Several players were complaining about it, so this isn't just a "me" thing. If you weren't on the max geared lib's wf, you were most likely going to lose, and even if you managed to win, your team was basically decimated over and over.

    The issue is a triple thing. 1. Warriors have great tanking builds/splash builds. 2. Heals not subjected to the pvp balancing (at least I believe so-someone that's a warrior could comment if they heal) 3. The shields are not even being shown, and warriors heal for more then aoe souls now, mostly ST. This means the heal number you see isn't even the total effect, which appears to be a lot more with all the shields I'm constantly seeing. Shields are actually better then heals, since they buffer and (usually) can be pre-cast on you, unlike most heals. Again, don't own a warrior but most souls I've had with shields you can pre-buff.

    Like most things, it only starts to show worse and worse as more play it and more gain gear.

    Overall, my real goal is to get heals, in general, to the right place. You won't do that with big outliers. Heals are like complete extremes for the healing souls being you either suck, or its over the top.

    And as always, before more complaints. I've been asking for a ttk lowering as well. Personally Id do this by fixing frags, though. Make a set of pvp frags you can earn by buying, like all the other gear, and fix ttk. Overall I'd like more balance, but you cant really do that and keep lib like it is, because if you did, no one would die with a lib. TTK definitely needs toning down-has for a while now. CC is about pointless since TTK is so quick. We are missing out on most of the tactics of pvp due to this.

    The game is more akin to a wrecking ball then a game of chess, like it used to be. You can't make any correct move when a few players, frags or whatever it is, kill you in 3-4 seconds. You can actually make all the perfect moves, but it wont matter, one break free is enough to instantly kill you before their immunity wears off. It's quite ridiculous with a few players to be honest.
    Man, if it's not one thing it's something else with you. First of all, that warrior you're referring to is playing warchanter with lib offsoul. second, damage was buffed 100% while healing was buffed only 50%; and you're complaning you can't kill a healer still? I see you play on Arel, all you do is spend a whole match trying to kill a healer with your 3-5k dps. The problem isn't that there is a good warchanter running around doing 10-15k hps, it's a bunch of players not playing their specs properly. It's one good player in a sea of people that don't know how to play properly and doing 3k dps. I will state that Warchanter with lib offsoul is extremely tanky with all it's mitigation and armor. Warriors do wear Plate armor and that makes a difference in the physical damage they take. But put two good dps or one good blade dancer/warlord and he will go down. But like someone stated before; get warrior healing nerfed and he will just go heal on a cleric or mage and you will continue to complain

    tl;dr: Learn your specs/class, people!
    Last edited by TrippyC; 09-29-2019 at 08:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Warrior heals are now the new farseer. While not as bad as an aoe that bounces and full heals, it is still unbalancing. I also mentioned that this would happen prior to any changes (to farseer), since they are not looking at all the unbalancing heals that are bypassing pvp nerfs, which I believe it is with heals and shields, at least on a few abilities. To be clear, I mentioned this in several posts, and now its starting to come true. Several players were complaining about it, so this isn't just a "me" thing. If you weren't on the max geared lib's wf, you were most likely going to lose, and even if you managed to win, your team was basically decimated over and over.

    The issue is a triple thing. 1. Warriors have great tanking builds/splash builds. 2. Heals not subjected to the pvp balancing (at least I believe so-someone that's a warrior could comment if they heal) 3. The shields are not even being shown, and warriors heal for more then aoe souls now, mostly ST. This means the heal number you see isn't even the total effect, which appears to be a lot more with all the shields I'm constantly seeing. Shields are actually better then heals, since they buffer and (usually) can be pre-cast on you, unlike most heals. Again, don't own a warrior but most souls I've had with shields you can pre-buff.
    ./facepalm

  7. #7
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    yeah great lets gang up on the only heal spec capable of keeping tanks up in BoS second boss fights, go #### yourself PvP honestly its the weakest link in this game quit trying to fix it through outside skill balances and just apply pvp only nerfs to it upon entering, you are destroying the mainstay, it was your whining about PvP that ruined it in NMT when they removed PvP gear originally and sucked in PvEers looking for more weekly and daily PvE currencies and cared nothing for doing anything in the wf or had any talent for playing it.

    Rift is going to be destroyed to suit the PvP

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Lol, that dude who plays that spec on NA is just taunting the devs.. "like look at what I can do." Took Nivlak and 3 other dps awhile to burn him down and he was in codex spawn for half the game.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-29-2019 at 06:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrippyC View Post
    Man, if it's not one thing it's something else with you. First of all, that warrior you're referring to is playing warchanter with lib offsoul. second, damage was buffed 100% while healing was buffed only 50%; and you're complaning you can't kill a healer still? I see you play on Arel, all you do is spend a whole match trying to kill a healer with your 3-5k dps. The problem isn't that there is a good warchanter running around doing 10-15k hps, it's a bunch of players not playing their specs properly. It's one good player in a sea of people that don't know how to play properly and doing 3k dps. I will state that Warchanter with lib offsoul is extremely tanky with all it's mitigation and armor. Warriors do wear Plate armor and that makes a difference in the physical damage they take. But put two good dps or one good blade dancer/warlord and he will go down. But like someone stated before; get warrior healing nerfed and he will just go heal on a cleric or mage and you will continue to complain

    tl;dr: Learn your specs/class, people!
    Depending what Im playing, and intending to do, my dps varies. Usually on arel Im sacrificing a lot of hit power to CC and pull the healer, into a whole group of players that, me aside, cant kill them. So your literally talking about most pvp players when you insult me, which is all your post is anyways. I also know you heal on your warrior, so you are taking this personally, hence the insulting.

    Its also skewed from your point of view since your warrior is one of the hardest hitting warriors in game. Note this has nothing to do with skill. Another warrior can hit the same buttons in the exact same order and not hit for as much as Ive seen on you and a select few other players. Lets just say your gear is better, or frags be it, then most of the other players. Why then would you insult the “average” player on how to play when you blatantly outgear most players? Learn to play makes no sense to even say.

    Im not just Arel Im also shendrith on my cleric and Sakkora on my warrior. I dont care much about dps parsing but im pretty sure they get decently high dps, despite me caring nothing for that. I know my class and spec well enough. Ill admit I dont play any one soul enough or havent paid for perfect frags so I wont be as up to par as someone whose spent either a lot of money to do so or simply ran thousands of wfs more then me. But anyways this just deflects tge actual issue of properly fixing a soul. My performance has 0% importance to the discussion of fixing what is currently supposed to be fixed by the games own standards, not mine.

    Healing on a cleric or mage is fine because both are immensely easy to take down. If you read my post I already stated this despite your response to players simply switching to the next best heals. Im hearing guard is an issue with warriors not working to lower heals properly, which should be fixed. Regardless, the warrior was outputting, on average, 2-3 times as much heals as most players (that would be the majority not me included), which also didnt account for shields. This was wf after wf with mixed groups of players and skill level. The build was very unbalancing no matter who you were with to take them down. If I was very lucky I had quite a few good players and could take them down. Most the time the soul ran rampant.

    Im also kind of laughing you mentioned cleric as the next soul thats a problem if warrior got (properly) fixed. You either have never played a cleric or must have ran into some kind of awesome cleric??? Lol. Im not saying this lightly Ive hit just shy of 5 million heals in pvp on my cleric and Ive not seen any other cleric do so. No hidden shields no nothing so thats the utmost it can do. Cleric healing is pretty bad and most cleric healers will hit 1 million sometimes 2 in a self healing tank soul that cant heal others very well. So easy to target switch on them. Anyways, not a problem at all.

    At any rate my post is about fixing unintended things entering pvp that the game never fixed properly. Im not asking for change. Im asking for whats already supposed yo be implemented. Big difference. If it hurts your soul, I understand, your just biased. Im simply not. Keep in mind Ive wanted these outlier heals fixed so they can eventually correct heals in tons of other unused healing souls. You cant really easily do this until you have a baseline for all heals being properly pvp fixed, and guard it would seem too. Then you could do a blanket pvp heal % increase, even to your warrior. If you did blanket increases now, those outliers would be crazy hard yo kill to impossible. Kind of like how a blanket dps increase alienated more souls showing how lackluster they are and that there are a limited number of very optimal souls to take to be competitive in pvp. Cookie cutter builds so to speak.

    Is the souls heals working correctly as they are supposed to be pvp nerfed in pvp, and shields as well?
    Is guard working as the tooltip states and is properly working as intended in a pvp setting?

    When you respond back kindly answer those two simple questions.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    yeah great lets gang up on the only heal spec capable of keeping tanks up in BoS second boss fights, go #### yourself PvP honestly its the weakest link in this game quit trying to fix it through outside skill balances and just apply pvp only nerfs to it upon entering, you are destroying the mainstay, it was your whining about PvP that ruined it in NMT when they removed PvP gear originally and sucked in PvEers looking for more weekly and daily PvE currencies and cared nothing for doing anything in the wf or had any talent for playing it.

    Rift is going to be destroyed to suit the PvP
    Im asking for proper pvp fixes. This is the pvp section, not pve. I dont even pve. Im not even sure what your ranting about Ive not once asked for any changes to pve, or any accidental changed to fix pvp.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomsiege View Post
    ./facepalm
    No intelligent response? You should head a debate team. /facepalm will surely educate...someone of...something?

    If your afraid to discuss your thoughts just simply say so.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Actually, i thought it was kind of fun playing against him. Felt like the good old days (a few years ago) when you couldn't just solo a healer. The problem is, no adaptation in WF's. People don't recognize and change specs/play like they used to.

    Swap to a spec with heal debuffs (most people probably don't even know what Twisted Soul is). Mark them, focus them (stun, debilitate, interrupt). Went about 7 matches before I got a group to focus the healer (a Codex) and it was easy peasy that match.

    Main reason you don't see too many folks playing those kinds of builds is because you don't have good ST heals in any class, which is what it takes to make those builds thrive. Combine that with hundred blades -- you get the last couple of years PVP in Rift.

    I see:
    -Lots of casters running PVE specs
    -A handful of folks running burst specs
    -Hardly any mele specs (just a handful - and they are geared and tough to beat)

    I have been back playing for about 8 weeks in PVP. I am now mostly geared including frags (they are not BIS, but they are OK) -- so it doesn't take that long to get geared -- and I am competitive in matches. I thought at first it was going to take forever to get frags/essences but it didn't take as long as I was worried it would. Anyone that did the grind for gear back in the day knows what I am talking about.

    I freaked out about the War/lib hybrid a little when I saw a big heal in a match but after that, i ran though a bunch of matches and saw the average 10-13K in groups and 8-9K self heals which is pretty much in line with the heal ceiling.
    Joebuu@Greybriar
    Meepz@Greybriar

  13. #13
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    I see:
    -Lots of casters running PVE specs
    -A handful of folks running burst specs
    -Hardly any mele specs (just a handful - and they are geared and tough to beat)
    and there it is, the issue with PvP in Rift, Battle Pass asking players to run PvP and like 90% of the current remaining population doesnt committedly run PvP and do not bother having a role used for a PvP spec and don't honestly care about PvP beyond the PvE rewards they might obtain, that is why games trying to do both and then intertwine them will never succeed in doing so because unless players and mobs become statistical equals, PvE metas will NEVER translate into PvP correctly and will always break one or both sides in attempting to balance.

    you want true PvP balance, make a PvP skill tree with three souls per class, one dps, heal and tank soul then have everyone distribute points in the best ways they see fit, then it will work.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    Actually, i thought it was kind of fun playing against him. Felt like the good old days (a few years ago) when you couldn't just solo a healer. The problem is, no adaptation in WF's. People don't recognize and change specs/play like they used to.

    Swap to a spec with heal debuffs (most people probably don't even know what Twisted Soul is). Mark them, focus them (stun, debilitate, interrupt). Went about 7 matches before I got a group to focus the healer (a Codex) and it was easy peasy that match.

    Main reason you don't see too many folks playing those kinds of builds is because you don't have good ST heals in any class, which is what it takes to make those builds thrive. Combine that with hundred blades -- you get the last couple of years PVP in Rift.

    I see:
    -Lots of casters running PVE specs
    -A handful of folks running burst specs
    -Hardly any mele specs (just a handful - and they are geared and tough to beat)

    I have been back playing for about 8 weeks in PVP. I am now mostly geared including frags (they are not BIS, but they are OK) -- so it doesn't take that long to get geared -- and I am competitive in matches. I thought at first it was going to take forever to get frags/essences but it didn't take as long as I was worried it would. Anyone that did the grind for gear back in the day knows what I am talking about.

    I freaked out about the War/lib hybrid a little when I saw a big heal in a match but after that, i ran though a bunch of matches and saw the average 10-13K in groups and 8-9K self heals which is pretty much in line with the heal ceiling.
    Im from the old days. Was maining a healer on Shendrith. Took 3 people or more to take me out, but there is a big difference. I wasnt hitting top ceiling heals and was basically a tank as well. I had to utilize CC and positioning to survive and counter time dps burst with my defenses.
    While doing this it was extremely extremely difficult to keep myself up and anyone else. This is not the same with warrior since its tanky.

    You cannot switch hit a tank healer because he can easily switch targets in plenty of time from himself to his team and himself if need be. Im not sure what you dont see wrong as being a tank and maxing the heals, when other healers sacrifice one or the other. Thats the very definition of unbalancing.

    Someone else already stated it was like he was taunting devs its so tanky he literally ran into groups so its like having a tank you cant ignore because if you do hell just full heal anyone getting dps’d. So basically focus the tank doesnt work, or in your case, works every seventh match. I already mentioned I and others took him out when I got several, several very good dps.

    Id also like to clear something up. Im constantly CCing and purging. Im probably one of the biggest utilizers of CC in the game to the point Ive a rogue built for pulling people and rooting and eradicating, etc... in fact its probably the most effective build in helping take out these warriors, as I know I have literally been super annoying to them in that role ( hence why some are bitter on my post here towards me). The issue is you shouldnt have to rely on one guy with such builds, or having several really good players vs several sucky other players to have the time needed to beat on one guy.

    The reason it took seven matches to get in a good spot is because in the other six you'll get killed trying to beat the healer down if he has any decent Dps. I dont know about you, but you seem content to lose a lot of matches not even killing an unbalanced warrior. Id rather enjoy more even matched wfs with better balanced souls. You seem content, which Ill respect. Farming matches wf after wf on or against people isnt fun yo me, which is what most become.

    Im also hearing guard isnt working as intended to lower heals while making the warrior tanky. Any confirmations yes or no? Thats a huge advantage if so. Anyone with clarification? After all, fixing what was always a balancing intention isnt an opinion. Its what was supposed to always be in place for fairness. The soul already has the top spot for heals ST wise beating out even aoe primary souls, which should be opposite. And once more, we aren't even seeing shields added, making it the by far superior tanky heal soul.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 09-30-2019 at 12:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Im from the old days. Was maining a healer on Shendrith. Took 3 people or more to take me out, but there is a big difference. I wasnt hitting top ceiling heals and was basically a tank as well. I had to utilize CC and positioning to survive and counter time dps burst with my defenses.
    While doing this it was extremely extremely difficult to keep myself up and anyone else. This is not the same with warrior since its tanky.

    You cannot switch hit a tank healer because he can easily switch targets in plenty of time from himself to his team and himself if need be. Im not sure what you dont see wrong as being a tank and maxing the heals, when other healers sacrifice one or the other. Thats the very definition of unbalancing.

    Someone else already stated it was like he was taunting devs its so tanky he literally ran into groups so its like having a tank you cant ignore because if you do hell just full heal anyone getting dps’d. So basically focus the tank doesnt work, or in your case, works every seventh match. I already mentioned I and others took him out when I got several, several very good dps.

    Id also like to clear something up. Im constantly CCing and purging. Im probably one of the biggest utilizers of CC in the game to the point Ive a rogue built for pulling people and rooting and eradicating, etc... in fact its probably the most effective build in helping take out these warriors, as I know I have literally been super annoying to them in that role ( hence why some are bitter on my post here towards me). The issue is you shouldnt have to rely on one guy with such builds, or having several really good players vs several sucky other players to have the time needed to beat on one guy.

    The reason it took seven matches to get in a good spot is because in the other six you'll get killed trying to beat the healer down if he has any decent Dps. I dont know about you, but you seem content to lose a lot of matches not even killing an unbalanced warrior. Id rather enjoy more even matched wfs with better balanced souls. You seem content, which Ill respect. Farming matches wf after wf on or against people isnt fun yo me, which is what most become.

    Im also hearing guard isnt working as intended to lower heals while making the warrior tanky. Any confirmations yes or no? Thats a huge advantage if so. Anyone with clarification? After all, fixing what was always a balancing intention isnt an opinion. Its what was supposed to always be in place for fairness. The soul already has the top spot for heals ST wise beating out even aoe primary souls, which should be opposite. And once more, we aren't even seeing shields added, making it the by far superior tanky heal soul.
    If you were running on your cleric at level 60 or 65 - you would have been running Sent. You didn't need to be tanky. I was pulling 6-8K on 58 Sent at level 65 (all ST heals). Once i was fully geared it would take three people to take me out. And it took a little while for it to happen, even then. If you were running Wardinel, you were less ST heavy but could pull 12-13K at level 65 and still stay up for a bit. In fact, the only thing that gave me trouble was Mana Wrench from Mages combined with focused DPS - or the abomination build Kronos made on his warrior to drain mana that no one else probably even knew about.

    It took several matches this weekend because no one would focus on the heals. They were all over the place. Once he was focused, it was over. But, you have to remember, he is fully geared - its always been tough in this game for lesser geared players to take on fully geared folks. And, if those fully geared folks know what they are doing, lesser geared players rarely stand a chance.

    The resist is high with that build, no idea on the guard thing. I rolled my warrior to level 70 Saturday and jumped in WF's with him just to try healing. Without gear, though, no way to tell. I know when i put my primalist in as a fresh 70 about 2 months ago, my healing was a lot higher (3x higher) than on my warrior this weekend, but that was before they nerfed Primalist.
    Joebuu@Greybriar
    Meepz@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts