+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior Heals

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    and there it is, the issue with PvP in Rift, Battle Pass asking players to run PvP and like 90% of the current remaining population doesnt committedly run PvP
    Problem is 90% of the 90% that doesn't pvp are also gone. When you view it like this then logically that excuse doesn't make sense. The problem is devs thought this way and it ruined Rift..it kept killing the population until all that was left was dimensioneering. Rift turned into a glorified chat program with dress up contest and some player made content towards the end when trion went defunct... This is what happened and is happening. It is basically Warhammer all over again.

Sooner or later the devs will say well our player base doesn't raid anymore and most people do single-player stuff so let's build for single player and instant adventure.. That is how they got screwed in the first place cutting the population down to the few 100s that log in now.

That is the content they NEED to build into now since it the most played. New Instant Adventures will soon be the way new raids get a release and instant pvp warfronts is still more popular than 10 men raiding. You need good managers and leaders to understand what content needs to be developed. 10 man raiding is like literally the same few players on alts grinding BoS 3-4 times a week. The actual amount of people that raid is ABSOLUTELY DISMAL. I know this because I have access to 3 guild chatters and each one of them has an about 6-7 players with alts looking to raid BoS again each week. And quite a few have all the classes.

PvP in MMOs are pretty bad. I am surprised how popular it was in Rift for such a long time. Even CQ. Almost made it seem they could make a whole game around PvP as a stand-alone if they have chosen to develop that path... Honestly, the best hope for Rift is hoping it goes open source and has someone to crowdfund what players want.
    This generation and future generation of players want instant gratification. no time wasted.. instant fun.. short play games..and portable games like they can play on their train ride to work or something to do when there is nothing to do for a short while. That is why Classic WoW numbers dropped so much since it was way too much grind. They still have an enormous population of players but it will drop after the initial weight sets in. New games will come out offering this generation of players something more gratifying for the time spent playing and eventually MMOs will have to cater to those players not the older generation of players who want slow time-consuming content.
    Rift can have a moba feel built into it if PvP was done right but whoever took lead over it in the last 2 expansions made it progressively worse than it initially was.

Blizzard games are wildly popular but they use something that no other game company thought of doing.. Giving the illusion of players exploiting.. then making the exploited currency worthless after a while. This happen to Diablo 2 and WoW gold hacks when released.. At that point having 10K gold was enormous.. now having 10 million is nothing.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    It took several matches this weekend because no one would focus on the heals. They were all over the place. Once he was focused, it was over. But, you have to remember, he is fully geared - its always been tough in this game for lesser geared players to take on fully geared folks. And, if those fully geared folks know what they are doing, lesser geared players rarely stand a chance.

The resist is high with that build, no idea on the guard thing. I rolled my warrior to level 70 Saturday and jumped in WF's with him just to try healing. Without gear, though, no way to tell. I know when i put my primalist in as a fresh 70 about 2 months ago, my healing was a lot higher (3x higher) than on my warrior this weekend, but that was before they nerfed Primalist.
    Prebolstered 70s are actually stronger than fresh bolster 70s in warfronts especially once they get a couple of essential masteries. Once you hit 70 you have an immense grind ahead of you to start feeling stronger than a pre 70 with a few masteries. This seems to be the case with most classes so far. I haven't tested every soul but I know Farseer, warrior, and FK/chloro were all powerful sub 70 healers after a few masteries. Also, MM and RB, and warlock at 68ish are stronger than a fresh 70 who has to now grind a ton to get back to where they were pre-bolstered. The bolstering system is kind of a mess.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-03-2019 at 09:47 AM.

it's not about ppl are bad it's simply because they just aren't playing the few spec that work I guarantee I can take a new player give him a 61 paragon or a 61 bd say just use these buttons and macros.

You could be better skilled while using a spec that doesn't work and look like you dont know what you're doing.

spec creation is gone. damage to high and balance is straight stupid.

that wc/lib spec is tedious to play you run out of energy literally every sec.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 10-03-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    that wc/lib spec is tedious to play you run out of energy literally every sec.
    thats because it was designed around the eternal energy refresh at level 70, it wont work otherwise, nor will most energy starved warrior builds made for 4.5

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    thats because it was designed around the eternal energy refresh at level 70, it wont work otherwise, nor will most energy-starved warrior builds made for 4.5
    It works in PvP just fine. You can look up Youtube videos. Even some posted in the Discord. They work beyond good in PvP. And they don't even maximize the effectiveness of it because they didn't use the dirt-cheap +60 power pots that can be had from running chronicles. I had over 100 of them at some point and gave 60 or so to a warchanter guildie not too long ago and I barely even do chronicles anymore. When you look at his healing done you notice several hits of 11K+ back to back frequently. And then you have to consider the absorbs on top of that reducing damage. Too bad there isn't someone honest enough to tell what is broken with the spec. At least I pointed out somethings that aren't right.

And literally there is only like 1 warrior in all of NA that runs that spec constantly. Almost all other warriors are stuck on para or rb or even warlord. The only thing I find can be considered abusive is how long they can hold stones with that spec. The tick of damage has to get to the point where it basically nearly one shots you to get you down and you can always just switch to warlord and pop your heal on death to get around that even.. it can be over the top in the right hands.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-04-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyC View Post
    Man, if it's not one thing it's something else with you. First of all, that warrior you're referring to is playing warchanter with lib offsoul. second, damage was buffed 100% while healing was buffed only 50%; and you're complaning you can't kill a healer still? I see you play on Arel, all you do is spend a whole match trying to kill a healer with your 3-5k dps. The problem isn't that there is a good warchanter running around doing 10-15k hps, it's a bunch of players not playing their specs properly. It's one good player in a sea of people that don't know how to play properly and doing 3k dps. I will state that Warchanter with lib offsoul is extremely tanky with all it's mitigation and armor. Warriors do wear Plate armor and that makes a difference in the physical damage they take. But put two good dps or one good blade dancer/warlord and he will go down. But like someone stated before; get warrior healing nerfed and he will just go heal on a cleric or mage and you will continue to complain

tl;dr: Learn your specs/class, people!

Except you forgot or failed to realize theres an energy exploit bug when it comes to this warrior heal spec.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-19-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I only know how to play ezpz paragon, please explain energy exploit mr Trip_C sir <3
    No problem sport, here's the "exploit"

https://i.imgur.com/H04vfsl.png

No problem sport, here's the "exploit"

https://i.imgur.com/H04vfsl.png

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xL...VFtu/giphy.gif

Soulwalker

Call it wrong all you want sport; I've seen you play Warchanter. You did maybe 5k hps at the most from what I remember. A good WC can do 10-15k+ hps. You're almost half way there though

I played it maybe 5 or so times. I went through a couple different specs.

the main take away here trip is that you mocked ppl for thinking there was exploits in the game. you mocked ppl for claiming that warchanter heals had something going on that wasn't right. hell even I claimed there wasn't hacks in the game and sorta defended warchanter after maybe a few days of playing i put it down. yeah welll there is an energy exploit bug.
    During the course of you spying and parsing while i was trying to understand what pluson is doing your sitting there recording my actions. You need to lose your ego like you need to lose weight.

the main take away is you mocked ppl for asking questions about exploiting when their suspicions were correct.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-20-2019 at 12:16 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

May I step in? Do NOT personally attack people on this forum, this forum is for constructive criticism name calling and baiting/trolling does nothing for anyone even the game itself. If there is an exploit do refrain from using it. Report it to a CM so that it can be handled as it should be as well any steps to reproduce the bug (even using macros and timings would help a great deal).

Thank you. Consider this a warning for this post regarding name calling, any other acts of name calling will get this post closed down. Thank you again.

EDIT: This post is not pointing to one instance of name calling nor one user.
    Last edited by Taerentym; 12-20-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Addendum to the comment

Rift Disciple

Coa pve shield help warrior heal to not take care too much about his survavibility that's all. Talking about hacks etc his a bit too much for a game with 100 pvp players NA+EU. For WC like pointed out trippyc it cames from WC talents (the safe energy), after that you rely on healing crit chance, energy potions eventually and good management of your defensive cooldown, etc. Like assassin serpent strike thing, it's just a good catch with cancel macro.
    When i loose in pvp i first call myself trash, then i try to do better. Peraphs trying that first will help.

Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-20-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Derp

I honestly can't comprehend why people choose now to complain about warchanter; the spec has been performing like it has for years with no changes, especially after the fact that months ago damage was even boosted by 100% and healing only 50-55% in pvp. It was only doing 8-10k hps before in pvp and no one complained. Now it is healing for 50% more like it should with the global healing buff and people now complain that they can't kill a warchanter with their 100% INCREASE IN DAMAGE! People also rather admit it's exploits rather than their own fault for not understanding how to play or learn the spec. The only "exploit" I see with any warchanter/warrior is that pve CoA shield healing them for 150k.

Please excuse my lack of ms paint skills: https://imgur.com/a/E9rhKXx

Ascendant

I honestly can't comprehend why people choose now to complain about warchanter; the spec has been performing like it has for years with no changes, especially after the fact that months ago damage was even boosted by 100% and healing only 50-55% in pvp. It was only doing 8-10k hps before in pvp and no one complained. Now it is healing for 50% more like it should with the global healing buff and people now complain that they can't kill a warchanter with their 100% INCREASE IN DAMAGE! People also rather admit it's exploits rather than their own fault for not understanding how to play or learn the spec. The only "exploit" I see with any warchanter/warrior is that pve CoA shield healing them for 150k.

Please excuse my lack of ms paint skills: https://imgur.com/a/E9rhKXx
    Regardless of when people complained (for example I stopped playing for a while) it doesn't change the fact a soul is very unbalancing. Its very tanky, its hps are higher then any AOE healing soul (that alone justifies it being looked at), and from what I saw it encouraged poor playing skills by being so durable and high hps that players were literally front line attacking with little need to actually position yourself. When a healing soul can do that, its broken. As mentioned, Im also willing to bet its shields are broken. Still waiting on someone to test that though.

As someone said before, theres dps, hps, utility and durability. Making a character should be a mix of give and take, not I got top picks in 3/4 of those or even 2/4. Thats the definition of unbalanced.

We are all also comparing it to all other heals. There are two very big outliers compared to all the rest. Why not settle for equalizing them all as best we can? If you increased the cleric and rogue to match possible output in pvp heals wise it would majorly unbalance the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast