+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Programs in place to prevent cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Ive not tried one of the hacks, though Ive been tempted just so I can see yay or nay to be honest. Im just not willing to risk a keylogger or trojan which are usually attached to hacks, real or not. If I had a burner computer so to speak Id give it a shot, but I dont.

Ill see if I get the chance in the next few weeks to post some screenshots Ive taken of hard to explain hits. Ive not taken a lot mind you I usually just continue playing without thinking about it. Im sure others have some shots as well. Its not hard to tell when you were 3-4 shotted you know it happens and check your combat log and go, ok yea no one else was hitting me and I literally died that fast.

Hacks aside it sounds like frags are contributing to a large imbalance and I wish they'd get looked at. Who knows, maybe if they fixed them like simply made a pvp set to attain wed see the playing field equalized and can gauge then if they are the problem or not. If frags allow someone to kill someone else who is pvp max geared in 3-4 globals I personally see this as way too powerful, especially considering the disparity between other souls making for huge power gaps between souls. Im sure someone can do the math on the % gain from one frag focus (spell power/attack power/crit power etc..,) to the next.
    Play all the classes and you will know why some do ridiculous damage. Most of the martial classes are far more faceroll to play and have way too many built in counters for clerics and mages. Like diffuse, TT, and cleanse soul for dots.. a bunch of chain interrupts for Inq.. etc. Thresher Maw specs with some basic level 9 cp fragments are over 56K+ Crit.. make them level 15 and its now 75K+ with the ability to crit far more often from crit chance secondaries.

Martial classes have explosive damage with very little setup to burst.. and since many of their abilities are OGCD they can make them 1 spam and burst macro. They are built differently from mages which have somewhat of a setup but also can be quite easy to play but clerics take much more effort. The time to burst are all pretty short with martial classes and the frequencies are very fast to burst in comparison.

Warlock is very hard countered by panacea but they are very hard to find so people just craft some healing pots and use that as they run away.. it has saved me a bunch of times. I don't really complain too much about them. If it were a martial class I wouldn't be able to run away and drink, pot or etc. They would do all that dot damage over 15 secs in one gcd. Basically they will kill shot you so their damage can't be read consistently since they will kill you in a short period of time. Warlock dots are sustained so you get to see it register for a long period of time on multiple players.

Yes, War Fragments make a big difference. Take a primalist who can basically hit for 49K+ crit with decent CP to level 15 fragments with 7500-8000 CP and 30+% Crit rate and they hit for 75K+ incredibly frequent. Keep in mind that off handers can also socket a crit power rune where caster can't. There is so much working against casters that the devs have implemented in PoA from the design level to itemization. When the new dungeon was released with the new CP runes some players bought it up but I think it was ignored or didn't get enough attention, unfortunately.. So it is far more easier for rogues and warriors to get closer to crit cap in PvP than it is for caster classes where the totem can't have a CP rune socketed to it.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-06-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Martial classes have explosive damage with very little setup to burst.. and since many of their abilities are OGCD they can make them 1 spam and burst macro. They are built differently from mages which have somewhat of a setup but also can be quite easy to play but clerics take much more effort. The time to burst are all pretty short with martial classes and the frequencies are very fast to burst in comparison.

Warlock is very hard countered by panacea but they are very hard to find so people just craft some healing pots and use that as they run away.. it has saved me a bunch of times. I don't really complain too much about them. If it were a martial class I wouldn't be able to run away and drink, pot or etc. They would do all that dot damage over 15 secs in one gcd. Basically they will kill shot you so their damage can't be read consistently since they will kill you in a short period of time. Warlock dots are sustained so you get to see it register for a long period of time on multiple players.

Yes, War Fragments make a big difference. Take a primalist who can basically hit for 49K+ crit with decent CP to level 15 fragments with 7500-8000 CP and 30+% Crit rate and they hit for 75K+ incredibly frequent. Keep in mind that off handers can also socket a crit power rune where caster can't. There is so much working against casters that the devs have implemented in PoA from the design level to itemization. When the new dungeon was released with the new CP runes some players bought it up but I think it was ignored or didn't get enough attention, unfortunately.. So it is far more easier for rogues and warriors to get closer to crit cap in PvP than it is for caster classes where the totem can't have a CP rune socketed to it.
    -----
    I agree the current pvp environment has issued in the need for a different skill set/kit -

I too run with panacea too which is expensive to craft. I don't have any of the new runes .
    I very much enjoy these conversations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3