+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wrastion
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Port Scion

Default Port Scion

Bring it back.

Who the hell thinks Blighted Antechamber is more fun.

Port Scion was the second closest thing to AoE fighting as Conquest.

Which was also hugely successful at one point, then they removed it.

This is why Trion kept ****ing up.

Stuff they thought was "fun" wasn't, and isn't.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Bring it back.

I agree. At least for me I prefer port scion over blight. Blight is an assassins dreamscape, but lets be honest, so are most the other wfs with points. Oh and sins do top line dps on par with melee who dont have the huge advantage of stealth, more proc damage, and damage mitigation plus dps gain from coming out of stealth. And stuns. If rogue didnt have the most OP souls out of the bunch sin would be looked at more closely. Ive seen 6 million damage on several sins-on par with kamakazi warriors

But I digress. I notice more often the less fun wfs pop for me and the more fun ones don't. That tenebreum prison one too-ugghh. First team to get those crazy boosts wins. Its lame.

Edit: one button applying all dot specs are kinda lame and do little to help the skill curve of this game. Lets be honest now. Adjusting ttk would help though for a lot of issues currently.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-31-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Honestly mate. I don't enjoy playing Warlock anymore. And the problem is that all the insta-cast abilities are doing super high damage and all the hard casted stuff or stuff that makes you stationary.. like:

Mortality
    Devouring Shadows
    Void Bolt
    Lightning Strike

They all do pathetic damage. Plus they reduced mage casting distance, so Warlock is literally the only option..

I have been ranting at them about this in the Mage forums. Most of the Mage calling is broken on base ability damage.

I could literally fix this game myself in pvp IN A WEEK! If they would let me re-calculate the ability damage across the souls.

I feel like Trion was simple bone idle or inept at doing so or quite simply had a distorted perspective of what was "fun" in the game to the point where they went ignoring basic mechanics of the game like hardcasting and stuff.

Assassins used to be purgable, now they aren't? What the **** is that all about? Warriors aren't purgable, why?

Mana draining and SP draining is, none-existent, most control abilities are now useless because everything has 3 breakers and if melee - extremely high damage which will kill you before mitigation even expires.

Basically they gutted the game of its mechanics, and did a piss poor job with ability coding and put MORE pulls into the game when it needed none.

They would justify with stuff like "oh you need it for pve" and I'm just like...

No, that's a ****ing lie, and if so, disable it in PvP or modify it so it does something like "reduces armor/mitigation" or "purges one debuff"

And honestly, even when the purges were in the game, they didn't work properly for mages they only worked properly for rogues and clerics.

I know that these problems are game wide affecting every calling aswell.

So all in all, Trion bull****ted a lot and basically stripped the game of a lot of core content and such right before selling off...

The WF's should always be sizable such as Whitefall and Codex.. smaller maps like Prison, Blighted etc are simply... to be blunt... disgusting on the eyes, full of bugs and map exploits etc.

I would bring Scion back with no flags and simply have the objective of killing the bosses at each pillar (more of an attack and defense map)

Really though.. Trion didn't know what they were doing, or were just malicious about it toward the end.

They claimed that PvP was not the interest of the playerbase but I think at the moment like one maybe two guilds actually raid high tier content, some 40 players.

There are usually 30-40 players in each warfront match and honestly PvP has in past conquest matches drawn in HUGE numbers.

The only problem was that for some reason they couldn't design the game to not lag, so they removed a lot of VFX like forked lightning etc and cut down particle effects and such. Basically making it look more plain..

They did all this all just before the sell off to Gamigo.

It's a bit like they were deliberately ruining their own product.

They quite often lied about player metrics and damage metrics and such.

They also were bone idle in re-designing uses for things like prestige, which still has absolutely zero use in the game anymore.

They should add Prestige locked PvP gear with set bonuses like we see on main-offhand.

Basically, they were idle. The two busiest of the designers were dead simon on puzzles and artifacts and gingers on designing stuff like minions/wardrobe collections etc.

I honestly don't know what the rest of them were doing besides... ruining the look, feel, and enjoyment of playing the game.

Cause that is all they did.

For instance - They added quad thread quad core support and then simultaniously LOWERED VFX or removed it completely... Surely having quad core support would make MORE VFX possible not less.

PvP they just gutted completely of prestige, conquest, port scion, and mechanics.

PvP Open world was completely ignored (because they didn't know how to make it work out, because for them everything is an instance when it should have all been universal with prestige locked pvp gear with PvP only procs)

PvE Open world is basically copy paste. The level 70 collosi are kinda plain where Volan was a great bit of game play and visuals.

and PvE raiding..

Basically the same as ever really with a load of copy pasted bosses scaled to varying "new" sizes.

Really very dissapointing and not a surprise that they have effectively lost control of their own product AND gutted the playerbase.

Me and a friend were talking about it, it's like somebody from WoW or whatever just bribed all the devs to sabotage the game right before sell off. They wanted to kill their own product but there was a clause that the playerbase had to be "below so and so margins".

So the game got sabotaged by well, a bunch of dickheads.

I could make this game work again very easily, but the designers don't want it to "work".

That's why Sin and melee is so stupid because I tend to feel they just wanted to give their buddies a massive advantage so they could go around trolling with little to no skill involved.

For instance - primal lord.

Skill involved - Nil. Pull them and blow them up.
    Warlord - Pull them and blow them up.
    Sin - stealth, attack, pull them and blow them up.

And why some AoE roles like BD perform ridiculously well while slapped with a -75% damage reduction and other AoE roles like stormcaller/cabalist are bust.

They created deliberate imbalance.

Why else make assasssin procs un-purgable? It defies logic unless you think of it in a malicious context.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

Rift Master

Warlock is good in PvP but Mystic Archer is stupidly broken even more so than BD or anything you are complaining about. If they are contested they can just zip to another cap point or back to even their spawn and Elemental Barrage is just as if not more broken than BD AE since BD can just get pulled into death immediately but MA will get away nearly all the time.

The only soul that has any chance against them is Rift Blade users who can refresh its teleports on crits. It is still more of a gamble for the Riftblade user to chase down MA and most of the warriors online are too bad to use Riftblade in PvP since they are stuck on mostly a 1 button paragon for 2 years.

BTW, Cleric is still stupidly underpowered in playability in comparison to the other classes in PvP and to be honest I think mage may be the most broken with how viable MA is in the right hands of a good player. If they ever buff harb which is actually possible since it feels like that is the most logical soul to go after for buffs to mages they will Reign supreme in PvP. They have a decent healing spec. Warriors do have a ridiculous healing spec but luckily not many of them play it. Really good for holding damage to self stones, vessels and eggs. Point is every class has something stupid. Cleric not so much but even then people still complain about Inq survivability but it really is not as bad when you consider specs like others with all the teleports and stealth etc.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Ascendant

I agree with everything thus far said in this post.

I remember the first thing I used to do in pvp when a sin would pop out to gank me is aoe fear into a purge. Then it was a skilled game of kiting and attacking with a sin trying to get me down before I could get them down. I usually popped jud. P for its speed boost to kite, dot and usually win due to better tactics playing to the sins weakness, which is melee range. Sure some sins had better builds to close gaps, and could win, but man it was a game.

Now a sin pops out and runs more fast then my abilities speed boost, I cant play smart and purge the poisons anymore, and the class stuns a ton. They dont really need gap closers because the speed is enough for most. Their dps is top tier, and damage mitigation is long lasting for the current ttk level, and up there too.

Im not just talking sin this kind of burst down simple 1-2 button gameplay is now normal for most souls. Game is far from the skill needed that it used to be. There is no back and forth smart counters. Most utility is useless with so many break frees. Most dps can kill in the timeframe of one break free. Bloodthirsty tops the most OP souls out healing upwards of a million plus.

So many imbalances with tons of fixes needed. I wish they would start with:

1. Blanket TTK change so we dont all explode to the numerous broken souls out there. This might bring back a little bit of hybrid viability as well.

2. Gut those stupid legendaries and spread the benefits out in the tree to its 26, 41, and 61 points. Legendaries destroyed hybrids, which a good portion of this game was created for its class building choices. One ability at 61, forcing you to go full-tree, should not have anywhere near the damage increase or other benefits (lowered gcd, better mobility, etc..,) that they do.

3. Fix wimpy heals so that 90% of heal souls not healing in pvp might be able to be seen again.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 09-01-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The only soul that has any chance against them is Rift Blade users who can refresh its teleports on crits. It is still more of a gamble for the Riftblade user to chase down MA and most of the warriors online are too bad to use Riftblade in PvP since they are stuck on mostly a 1 button paragon for 2 years.
    the RB teleports dont need a crit to refresh the CD, but instead has a % chance to reset on any ability while Planar Blade is up.
    Fun Fact: Planar Blade resets also reset the CD of VK pulls (and always have. RB/VK was always the best spec to counter run spec rogues in OG whitefall). sadly Trion killed RB/VK during their efforts to make 61 point builds the only viable builds. though i still have such a spec for its pvp troll potential, it lacks the full range distance and aoe summon of a full blown VK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Bring it back.

But why does there have to be one or the other? I personally enjoy Blighted. I like its looks, the maze structure, the rules to win. And there is nothing in this game that compares to Battle of Port Scion. For me, when played right against two witful teams, it is an amazing wf.

Those things said, they re- released Scion not long ago and the lag was unreal. I sat in on one match, full raids. It was difficult moving around and cast would shut down.
    Last edited by Sails; 09-02-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

Just bringing the topic back to the subject "Port Scion".

I'm well aware of all the comments in this post regarding class balance and I don't dispute it whatsoever, the callings are all a complete mess right now, sure not un-playable but definitely very biased toward a few specific souls.

Anyway.

My suggestion is to bring back Port Scion as it was before, but what I would like to see is more emphasis placed on attacking each factions bosses, rather than the traditional flag/stone running mechanisms that existed.

Make the mini-bosses the point system - each mini-boss generating 1 point

The minibosses would be the ones at each conduit along with Ithluk in the church.

Running stones could stll be a mechanism, maybe it could provide the bosses with a damage/hp buff or something?

Telaran

I always loved how Port of Scion mixed it up. It was like a big AOE fight but also you could go all PvE and fight the boss while being attacked by the other team. Nothing else had this mechanic.

Hell i'd do port scion over whitefail spam mc'fest anyday

Rift Disciple

Why not. Perhaps it will give you all a flavour of the lag-fest of Conquest that some are asking so much to come back

Rift Disciple

Port Scion was a good sounding warfront on paper, but it was terribly imbalanced. The asymmetrical design made it so both teams had different travel times to get from their spawn to the bridge, from their spawn to the church, and from the church back to the turn in points. Something everyone seems to have forgotten when I hear people asking for this warfront back.
    I'd be okay with never seeing that lopsided map again. Though admittedly other current maps have similar problems.

the reason the map was removed was because it would take dev time to re-balance all the NPCs for level 70.
    also the overall warfront re-balancing that occurred at the start of NMT never really fit well with this particular map.
    it is a map specifically for a long game, while the re-balance pushed a fast game. fixing it might well require significantly more than just tweaking the NPCs.

i'd still love to see it back. i just dont hold out much hope that Gamigo has the time to spare it that Trion didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread