Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Hectyr
  • 1 Post By Jegodinn
  • 2 Post By Escadora
  • 1 Post By LSUdogg
  • 1 Post By butkus

Thread: Thanks all!!

Default Thanks all!!

Peered into forums for the first time in awhile. Its good to still see names like Butkus, Kronos, Landslide & others, so I thought I would take a moment to reflect on the great times I had with Rift while I have the opportunity.

I never was great at pvp, but had TONS of fun....

The days helping Sojourn & Big Dex hunt down Meridian's invasive species like Septictank, Rgizil and all those weekend warriors.

The hours of patience Fallensoul would demonstrate in trying to teach me the ways of the Riftblade. I never really got good at it, but I learned a variety of Portuguese profanities.

Endless hours of virtual adventure sidekicking with characters like Supermanjones and Butkus, only to realize my false sense of security when they would spawncamp me the very moment the opportunity arose. (Actually Butkus had a pretty good sense of sportsmanship, but that damn Super would gank me in almost EVERY conquest if we weren't teamed up.....)

Those magical two days after cross faction guilds became viable, when a patch bug allowed the defiants & guardians in Seastone to share the same channel, thus setting a new standard at the time for cyberbullying.... ah, good times.

The hours long owpvp marathons during Storm Legion zone events. Who cared about Zolan? We were hunting (and being hunted by) Unreal & all those guardian guilds.

Sure, I stunk at pvp- but damn sure had a lot of fun.

Oh, by the way I did finally learn how to kill healers.

Put them in a dungeon & let me tank.

Thanks Rift, and most of all- thanks to all you goons steering the pixels and spamming the buttons.

Good times were had by all.

Telaran

It was fun Hectyr sorry I'm so late to respond to this

Late to the party.. We hate to see some leave, especially ones we've known for years....

I wish for everyone's return some day.. (maybe a bit farfetched but wishing is caring)

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

popping in for the same reason, lol. hey all. =]

damn, fallensoul was my first GM... we had some fun wpvping back in the day.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Soulwalker

Default it's been a long time

but it's good to see you still around. How did your drones work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Peered into forums for the first time in awhile. Its good to still see names like Butkus, Kronos, Landslide & others, so I thought I would take a moment to reflect on the great times I had with Rift while I have the opportunity.

I never was great at pvp, but had TONS of fun....

The days helping Sojourn & Big Dex hunt down Meridian's invasive species like Septictank, Rgizil and all those weekend warriors.

The hours of patience Fallensoul would demonstrate in trying to teach me the ways of the Riftblade. I never really got good at it, but I learned a variety of Portuguese profanities.

Endless hours of virtual adventure sidekicking with characters like Supermanjones and Butkus, only to realize my false sense of security when they would spawncamp me the very moment the opportunity arose. (Actually Butkus had a pretty good sense of sportsmanship, but that damn Super would gank me in almost EVERY conquest if we weren't teamed up.....)

Those magical two days after cross faction guilds became viable, when a patch bug allowed the defiants & guardians in Seastone to share the same channel, thus setting a new standard at the time for cyberbullying.... ah, good times.

The hours long owpvp marathons during Storm Legion zone events. Who cared about Zolan? We were hunting (and being hunted by) Unreal & all those guardian guilds.

Sure, I stunk at pvp- but damn sure had a lot of fun.

Oh, by the way I did finally learn how to kill healers.

Put them in a dungeon & let me tank.

Thanks Rift, and most of all- thanks to all you goons steering the pixels and spamming the buttons.

Good times were had by all.
    sorry for the late reply brother! just wanted to say ty for the kind words and yes it was super fun!the names you brought up + others brings back good memories that hopefully i always remember.

i went back to TBC on a few different servers but spent most of the time playing on warmanes outland. man it was fun and the pvp was great!joined a small pvp guild there and lets just say we killed everything we seen lol
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...utland/summary

sadly that server is dead now so i played classic wow for a while but had to stop for real life issues. might start again or wait for TBC my personal fav

if any you guys are still around drop me a message or reply here and i try to reply when i can.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Shadowlander

Butkus come back to jegodin and i need more seastonerssss

+ Reply to Thread