+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Wrastion

Thread: PvP: The War Continues

Default PvP: The War Continues

[OFFICIAL War Front feed back]

*sips Tea*

So.. As I scroll a bit throughout several thread titles(with out a read) I noticed that new and sometimes "returning players" make posts or replies about PvP being "dead" or non-existant..

Well, I'm here to tell you that.. PvP is live and well.. I can't say too much about Lv.64 and under, as it's fewer queue pops are due to players Lv.65+ joining War fronts with Lv.70's.

[Tip]

You might want to Lv. through some dungeons a bit(using exp. Pots help a great deal), or you can do the same in pvp when you do reach Lv.65. keep in mind that "EXP" gains in War fronts are frivolous, but if you only pvp, you could still obtain Lv.70.

Now, when you do hit Lv.70 the real War begins, your Character starts to make big changes like..

- Enabling Legendary abilities

- Opening your *Planar Fragment Paths* as well as your "Planar fragment Inventory" allowing you to break down, salvage then use the elements given as material to upgrade the Fragments you desire.

And last but least, MORE queue pops!

There are many players that attend War fronts within RIFT. There is a down time at certain times of the day, that's any game.. We all have to sleep and some work at times, but you will enjoy War fronts when you reach Lv.70.

I hope this message to all helps in your journey within the World of RIFT

Good luck ^.^

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Ascendant

One method that helps leveling is after 65, run around with your pvp que up and do quests and kill X quests, save them until you have ten (the max you can save), then drink a exp gain potion and turn them all in at the same time. There are the weekly ones that you should have ready to turn in when you pop an exp potion and can get done easy by joining group que at level 65. I normally joined wfs at the last second to maximize pve quest time.

Admittedly as well if your in a group adventure and your high enough of a level to pick up quests or qualify for the kill X creatures quests I would run around doing those while everyone else did the actual adventure quests. It sped up leveling.

Just some tips I learned. Hopefully it helps some people. Also, if you pvp, fill your equipment slots with even cheap items so they get bolstered. If you've nothing in a slot you get less stats so less power. Also focus on objectives and support since you wont be owning too many people due to gear and lack of legendary abilities.

Planar fragments become available at level 65 - the same time as your pvp queues start to pop.
    frags come in both lvl 65 and lvl 70 varieties.

however, you do not get pvp frags until level 70 warfront chests.
    frags are bound to account and remain so even when fully upgraded, so long as they are not equipped. so if you already have one level 70, you can upgrade all your lvl 65 frags, move them from your frag inventory to your bag, then mail them to a lvl 65 alt and have fully upgraded pvp frags at lvl 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Q PVP plz!
    Traetor - 70 Rogue
    Dogmatic - 70 Primalist

I don't really see how anyone could say this TTK is good for new players.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I don't really see how anyone could say this TTK is good for new players.
    Its not. You barely have time to figure out what your doing as a new player, let alone figure out what all your buttons do since you hit 1-2 buttons, then your dead. Very hard to learn, too, so the ttk actively discourages participation, and will only serve to veer players away from pvp, rather then towards it.

TTK needs adjusted. They raised it because of farseer, but if they properly place farseer back down they can remove the massive dps gain they gave.

1. Lower a few individual RIDICULOUS abilities. I can name most of them off the top of my head.
    2. Lower dps overall
    3. Fix those healing abilities in the new souls that are bypsassing the heal nerf still
    4. Blanket balance ALL heals upwards to match the new ttk

PLayers will last longer in pvp, find out what those "other buttons" actually do in pvp, and overall the game becomes more tactical and less of a spammable macro skill-less game.

Rift Master

Healing grade for each class is different. Warrior and Mage can do well depending on the persons you heal having consumable + reliq. Not too bad but not insanely good either which is nice. Cleric can still abuse one mastery with everything surrounding it being mediocre and cleric have the worse playability. Rogue, on the other hand, is not so good in healing but has exceptional playability as a healer. I think a blanket buff is just ez way out and won't really fix problem.

They should get everyone to feel good in practical use like warrior and mage then nerf martial class damage down a little especially the converted melee to range that has extraordinary burst and AE from BD. I think it will be fine then. Cleric may need the most overhaul of soul since mage, warrior, primalist and rogue feel good to play as healer. Cleric just doesn't feel good.. Too slow reaction and healing rate, mana runs out fast, low mobility etc.

I don't think some class has reached its potential.. like who uses WC/BM. It could be a great healer. After they fix a few damage abilities, fix cleric playability and buff up to current mage warrior levels they can then give everyone 50-100K life bolstered in warfronts and it will feel good. I think even in some cases too high TTK with very small adjustments.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-15-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Healing grade for each class is different. Warrior and Mage can do well depending on the persons you heal having consumable + reliq. Not too bad but not insanely good either which is nice. Cleric can still abuse one mastery with everything surrounding it being mediocre and cleric have the worse playability. Rogue, on the other hand, is not so good in healing but has exceptional playability as a healer. I think a blanket buff is just ez way out and won't really fix problem.

They should get everyone to feel good in practical use like warrior and mage then nerf martial class damage down a little especially the converted melee to range that has extraordinary burst and AE from BD. I think it will be fine then. Cleric may need the most overhaul of soul since mage, warrior, primalist and rogue feel good to play as healer. Cleric just doesn't feel good.. Too slow reaction and healing rate, mana runs out fast, low mobility etc.

I don't think some class has reached its potential.. like who uses WC/BM. It could be a great healer. After they fix a few damage abilities, fix cleric playability and buff up to current mage warrior levels they can then give everyone 50-100K life bolstered in warfronts and it will feel good. I think even in some cases too high TTK with very small adjustments.
    I might be mistaken because I dont bother with healing currently, but from observation a lot of the healing output your referring to as decent is due to 1-2 healing abilities still not nerfed pvp-wise in the souls. Hence why all the other heals are complete trash and you see liberator, for example, spamming the one heal over and over (united we stand I think? Someone can correct me again I never healed on my warrior). Chloro I think its some legendary ability pushing through to gain high heals, etc.. what Im suggesting is fix the few heals first, then blanket heal it all since they would all be on the same level. You could do the opposite, but I think there isnt enough manpower to individually look at each healing soul and tweak them all individually. Realistically 98% or so (guesstimate number) of heals completely suck and on a 1 gcd to 1 gcd comparison heal about 1/4 to 1/5 of a dps button. the only thing we see though is that one heal that keeps them from being shown as complete garbage.

Id rather go away from seeing heals buffed in the manner that they would only hit 1-2 buttons because thats how devs generally buff effectiveness is upping only a couple abilities. With chloros veils this would work, but for the vast majority of healers you would find you'd just have to generally raise all the heals by a percentage, hence my suggestion to fix the few abilities healing too high downward, then a blanket heal increase to level ALL heals as not completely useless to push. Sure, you may have to do some internal increase for a soul or two when in pvp, but in general a blanket increase would be the way to go after lowering the still-pvp bypassing few heals.

I believe we generally want the same thing, but are just differing on the methods to achieve this.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread