+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Reducing Farseer effectiveness on the Battlefield.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomsiege View Post
    Glad you're amused. You are entitles to you own opinion after all.

Playing every soul doesn't make you an expert I'm afraid. Calling Farseer near unkillable is a testament to that.

Again, that doesn't seem to be the case. Since they are still prancing around so much that you call them nearly unkillable.

Doing /rw just annoys people stop it, the normal WF chat is ok to distribute information. Make a premade if you find it hard to make people listen, /rw being the #1 reason why, it will make your life a lot easier and less of a headache for everyone else.

I posted to give the general population tips of increasing their effectiveness on the Battlefield against Farseer because its possible instead of complaining like this.
    1. I never stated farseers are nigh Unkillable. You state this several times, leading me to believe your not actually reading my posts. If anything, Ive killed farseers probably more then most since I play several bursty dps souls and actively mark and gun them down.

2. I mark the healer then do one rw stating, healer marked, to point people to dps them down. If you find this annoying, ah well. I find this statement by you contradictory to the whole premise of your post, however, concerning “awareness” on how to deal with farseers. Ive also not discussed your whole premise that if your not duo queing or on a team to take out farseers we are doing it wrong? Lol. Thats a whole other discussion, but also points to the OP status of the soul.

Mistaking asking for balance as complaining is your biggest misconception. Your literally telling people who already know how to best kill them they are just in need of sone enlightenment, which Im telling you its not enlightenment, its that they are too powerful having an AOE heal full heal teams. If this was a ST heal it would be completely different. An AOE heal that powerful should be on a minute CD or more. Ive topped heals on cleric, rogue, and mage in prior times (not warrior though admittedly), so I know how healing should work for balance issues.

Edit: There are several extremely hard to kill farseers, but this is due to the ease of play and low ceiling skill needed to heal everyone. If more people played farseer and were geared, there would be more “awesome” farseers. The ability that is the issue bumps skill level up several tiers. The nigh unkillable ones have pve items that bypass pvp intended nerfs. Like getting auto healed when your life is at 30%, and your already the best healing soul in game. I.e. yes you would have killed them, but a pve item not meant to work in pvp does and auto saves them every time. Pffffff Queen might want to check them out sometime. These people also know it works, but isnt supposed to. They simply dont care its unbalancing.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-25-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Akashasgrip View Post
    Impending fate doesn't need nerfing. Imbalance in the game already allows kb ninjas too much leeway at dominating wfs. It'd be nice if this thread spoke of balance in general as it pertains to several broken souls and other match issues.

There are several things that come to mind, for me. 1. Op souls still need to be placed on an even keel while output for other souls is increased so players can competitively play what they want. 2. For a geared. participating player/s that ends up on teams mostly comprised of newbs, or uncoordinated geared players, a lack of healing can be a nightmare. That player will be the most effective and likely need the most heals. Newbs will need heals also. FP can jump around to support those who are closest to and working with that player to get an objective met. If they are taking tons of dmg, especially if undergeared, a few people with substantial FP can make that match a win. While newbs are progressing, they need to be evenly distributed on teams so both teams bear the weight of making up for what they lack until geared. Too often, they're lumped on one side with a geared chart topper (Fernand effect). This means lots of them will go up in smoke at the start of matches. Or constant kb until they can return from respawn to map to contribute. If too many bottom out, too often that team loses. This can also happen on teams where a few are into the match while others are afk. The other thing is that, newb strategy is a bit delayed as players have to peep who needs to be cc'd to control their opponents. The healer on this team will often be cc'd by geared more experienced players. An additional 400% FP + I, can pump heals to fill spots so this kind of team has a shot at competing. A skilled Farseer can make a difference in this match up. If these kind of matches were less frequent, there wouldn't be a need to bring it up.

I could agree with a nerf if ALL things were on par. Match-making errors, Class imbalance with unaltered OP souls and a lack of support roles make wfs really bad as it currently stands. Lessening Farseer abilities while these issues yet remain would make wfs less inviting. I say until more issues are fixed, UP all healing specs to act with Farseer's output.
    If you upped all heals to be on par with farseer, no one would die, in general, in most wfs, especially any that have two healers. All you have to do is look at number output to see this. Most dps hit 2-4 million in an average wf. Higher end dps go 4-6, and those are only around 3-4 of them being ST dps souls. In these wfs a farseer does around 12 million + heals. Usually one farseer accounts for around 4-5 total dps of the other team, so in a 10 man wfs two healers outputting farseer like heals would, on average, negate around 10 players. That is to say all of the dps. I look at numbers all the time.

In just about every post I always go off topic to talk about balance, in general, just like I did in the quote you used in which I talk about heals first, then up more heals and balance dps.

Im simply practical. Ive stated in numerous posts dps needs lowered on certain souls, and have named the abilities in particular that are huge outliers. I even give average % of how much dps of their whole ouput was one ability.

It is more practical that the devs can fix one unbalancing ability first, then to ask them to fix all the dps issues first. Also, if you fix dps issues first, then no one will die because heals got that much more powerful, so....

1. Nerf farseers fortune protection interaction with impending fate.
    2. Limit crit power on frags, or simply disable frags in wfs. If you dont understand why Im suggesting this, the simplest explanation is souls with inherently high crit % scale hugely with frags while other souls are left on the dust.
    3. Pvp decrease certain key abilities: Threshers Maw, A quick death, several BD abilities, Rift Burst, etc, although, you might not need to fix some if you simply deactivated frags in wfs.
    4. Slowly up all heals by a % to reach a good balance.

Its a lot to do, but should be done in order.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-25-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Guess you missed the part where I said I have over 1,000 WFs as a FS, huh? I'm one of the players making the WFs worse. There are a few that are *near* unkillable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The only thing that makes a game balanced when one team has a farseer is if the other team has a farseer.
    Youve also a farseer whose played tons of wfs telling you its too powerful...
    The unkillable part was referring to you agreeing with what Indasoth said, together with the statement before that, as quoted above.

Mistaking asking for balance as complaining is your biggest misconception. Your literally telling people who already know how to best kill them they are just in need of sone enlightenment, which Im telling you its not enlightenment, its that they are too powerful having an AOE heal full heal teams. If this was a ST heal it would be completely different. An AOE heal that powerful should be on a minute CD or more. Ive topped heals on cleric, rogue, and mage in prior times (not warrior though admittedly), so I know how healing should work for balance issues.
    Clearly, if you can kill them so efficiently why you asking for nerfs? Just to up you kbs? What's wrong with being able to full heal teams? Ofc other classes can heal but just not as effectively to save lives. It's not like they are making the team immortal or anything. People still die regardless. That's why I'm saying you are complaining not "asking for balance". Farseer is an ae soul, leave it do its thing. If abilities are bypassing then yes it should be fixed, but honestly it's not too bad atm even though the nerfs are on their way.

Tactician engine used to be 300% and rogues dominated healing then reduced to 100% and the heal channel (can't remember the name) now 30sec CD. It was ae too and could arguably contend or even outperform the current Farseer.

I think what balance should be is bring up the under performer's, to compete with the good performers. And of TTK is fast/slow just reduce/increase the global modifiers accordingly. Not the nerf the OP because others underperforming mentality.

Ascendant

The unkillable part was referring to you agreeing with what Indasoth said, together with the statement before that, as quoted above.

Clearly, if you can kill them so efficiently why you asking for nerfs? Just to up you kbs? What's wrong with being able to full heal teams? Ofc other classes can heal but just not as effectively to save lives. It's not like they are making the team immortal or anything. People still die regardless. That's why I'm saying you are complaining not "asking for balance". Farseer is an ae soul, leave it do its thing. If abilities are bypassing then yes it should be fixed, but honestly it's not too bad atm even though the nerfs are on their way.

Tactician engine used to be 300% and rogues dominated healing then reduced to 100% and the heal channel (can't remember the name) now 30sec CD. It was ae too and could arguably contend or even outperform the current Farseer.

I think what balance should be is bring up the under performer's, to compete with the good performers. And of TTK is fast/slow just reduce/increase the global modifiers accordingly. Not the nerf the OP because others underperforming mentality.
    You linking me to what someone else stated-his specific words-is a huge stretch in concluding things. You can literally then subvert what anyone says by linking them to anyone just because they have a common discussion. Sorry but this is not correct to do, and my statement still stands. You obviously mixed me up with them. Enough said on that.

I can kill efficiently, on several souls and callings. Some people kill better then I do. Regardless, I can without bias state that this soul or that needs a fix in their output because its unbalanced. Ill give you a better example:

Having 8 healing souls do 2 million heals and one do 12 million heals is not balance. Also stating the one makes up for the lack of the rest isnt balance. Why not fix the 12 million fown to 2 million, THEN buff ALL heals by 150% so they all max out around 4-6 million heals, skill level depending. Is it easier to fix one, then blanket buff heals vs individually fix all the other heals? Heck yea...

Its not a single nerf were asking for. This is a step process, to eventually buffing all heals. If you simply buff all heals now, those abilities like the farseer one go from crazy high to godlike.

In fact, what your asking for is to keep all the heal souls I would like to heal on at a low level because farseer makes up for them. You have to be realistic. Let them fix farseer so they can buff the other heals up. Id love it if they did a individual ability buff, but its so bad on most heal souls you literally need to do a blanket heal % increase first.

If you really want to see how unrealistic your request is to bringing up all the underperforming souls in the game vs simply fixing the over performers we can literally see here. List those souls you consider high end, then list the under performers. One list will be ridiculously long. Which method will be easier to fix things then to achieve balance? Obviously easier to fix a shorter list then a longer one.

You also have to take into account they are balancing pve and pvp, hence why blanket fixes happen in pvp more so then individual fixes when a whole subject like heals or dps is off.

Lastly, you stated that if an ability is bypassing intended pvp nerfs then sure, fix it. All Ive been talking about is that, so on one end your saying leave them alone, and on the other hand fix the bug. The bug is why they are over performing. AOE heals aren't meant to be mass full heals in pvp. AOE heals generally are lower then ST heals, but spread over more people and this equal a greater sum. This particular heal is healing more then the best ST heals in game. You used to have two general types of healers. AOE and ST. Farseer laughs because it beats all of them, negating the purpose of ST healers. Fixing this actually makes several souls more viable, as you wanted. You just need a heal % increase to all heals after the fix is all.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-25-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Shadowlander

You linking me to what someone else stated-his specific words-is a huge stretch in concluding things. You can literally then subvert what anyone says by linking them to anyone just because they have a common discussion. Sorry but this is not correct to do, and my statement still stands. You obviously mixed me up with them. Enough said on that.
    No mix up, you referred to them directly as the primalist who played tons if warfronts. Right after their posts bragging about it. So no stretch at all

Having 8 healing souls do 2 million heals and one do 12 million heals is not balance. Also stating the one makes up for the lack of the rest isnt balance. Why not fix the 12 million fown to 2 million, THEN buff ALL heals by 150% so they all max out around 4-6 million heals, skill level depending. Is it easier to fix one, then blanket buff heals vs individually fix all the other heals? Heck yea...

Lastly, you stated that if an ability is bypassing intended pvp nerfs then sure, fix it. All Ive been talking about is that, so on one end your saying leave them alone, and on the other hand fix the bug. The bug is why they are over performing. AOE heals aren't meant to be mass full heals in pvp. AOE heals generally are lower then ST heals, but spread over more people and this equal a greater sum. This particular heal is healing more then the best ST heals in game. You used to have two general types of healers. AOE and ST. Farseer laughs because it beats all of them, negating the purpose of ST healers. Fixing this actually makes several souls more viable, as you wanted. You just need a heal % increase to all heals after the fix is all.
    Tou clearly answer yourself, ae is spread over multiple people = a greater sum. The 12 million explained right there, its not like its all going to one person throughout the whole wf. Also, what wfs are you getting into where other dedicated healing classes only cap at 2 million? I'm actually curious. I know there is a difference but it's not as high as you state 12mil vs 2mil. For example, you can reach 2 mil by just consuming using consumables (Reliquary, Potions, hp food stuffs) as a full dps without using a healing soul at all.

On the other hand, me mentioning to leave them alone is if its not bypassing anything because I stated before that wasn't sure. But still even if it wasn't a bug the numbers Farseer pulls right now is acceptable. I aren't decent dpsers hitting at least 5mil it being st dmg?

Ascendant

No mix up, you referred to them directly as the primalist who played tons if warfronts. Right after their posts bragging about it. So no stretch at all

Tou clearly answer yourself, ae is spread over multiple people = a greater sum. The 12 million explained right there, its not like its all going to one person throughout the whole wf. Also, what wfs are you getting into where other dedicated healing classes only cap at 2 million? I'm actually curious. I know there is a difference but it's not as high as you state 12mil vs 2mil. For example, you can reach 2 mil by just consuming using consumables (Reliquary, Potions, hp food stuffs) as a full dps without using a healing soul at all.

On the other hand, me mentioning to leave them alone is if its not bypassing anything because I stated before that wasn't sure. But still even if it wasn't a bug the numbers Farseer pulls right now is acceptable. I aren't decent dpsers hitting at least 5mil it being st dmg?
    Again, I never stated nigh unkillable. Another guy did. What about your wrong dont you understand? I mentioned him in response to the fact another player playing farseer is stating they are overpowered, which was clearly what I was indicating. You should have directed his exact words, to him.

Decent dpsers arent hitting 5 million. Average (dpsers) hit 2 million. The best taken souls with a broken ability or two with absolute max gear hit 5 million or 6, and within those numbers are usually some aoe mixed so not all ST. As stated before, these few souls need fixed also vs buffing every single other soul up, which is waaaay more work. Within each wf is a mix of skill, gear, and souls. So one or two players might be hitting 4-6 million dps, wf depending, and another few 3 million, then the normal rest 1-2 million. One farseer jumps in and hits 12 million. Im not using extreme numbers Im using typical results, wf depending. Some have bloated numbers, but they are equalized dps and heal wise. I.e dps is lower overall so is the farseers heals. Why dont you do yourself a favor and look at the actual numbers to get a realistic look st what your defending.

You dont seem to look at numbers like I do it seems. I mean, literally you must not look at wf output numbers by your statements. Most other healers dont bother healing, which should tell you something about the numbers. Most will reach about 2 million, if that. A max geared skilled player can reach 3 million. I reached 4 million on a broken cleric spec (note it was broken and has been fixed), and Im the only cleric I know to reach 4 million. Most it was 2, again if that. Oh and I was 1/2 dps because judicial privilege was more hp along with faerie healer then actually being a full healer. Ive healed more in wfs being a full inq then a full healer, so yes, your 100% correct a dps can reach more self heals off of pots, bloodthirsty, etc then actual healers.

All the while yes, farseers are hitting 12 million heals or more while other healers struggle to hit 2. Its why no one bothers healing but a farseer-your better off dpsing. The only exceptions to this are the other newer souls that have a broken heal in their abilities. Which yes, should be fixed before upping all heals by a percentage.

Im actually surprised your arguing so hardcore but didnt know all this. What class are you playing anyways, and have you ever healed? Regardless, they are already testing reducing fortune protection and impeding fate, as I suggested, on the test realm because they are bypassing pvp nerfs. And no, the AOE heals should not be full healing people. Not every 10 seconds...lol.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-25-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Again, I never stated nigh unkillable. Another guy did. What about your wrong dont you understand? I mentioned him in response to the fact another player playing farseer is stating they are overpowered, which was clearly what I was indicating. You should have directed his exact words, to him.

Decent dpsers arent hitting 5 million. Average (dpsers) hit 2 million. The best taken souls with a broken ability or two with absolute max gear hit 5 million or 6, and within those numbers are usually some aoe mixed so not all ST. As stated before, these few souls need fixed also vs buffing every single other soul up, which is waaaay more work. Within each wf is a mix of skill, gear, and souls. So one or two players might be hitting 4-6 million dps, wf depending, and another few 3 million, then the normal rest 1-2 million. One farseer jumps in and hits 12 million. Im not using extreme numbers Im using typical results, wf depending. Some have bloated numbers, but they are equalized dps and heal wise. I.e dps is lower overall so is the farseers heals. Why dont you do yourself a favor and look at the actual numbers to get a realistic look st what your defending.

You dont seem to look at numbers like I do it seems. I mean, literally you must not look at wf output numbers by your statements. Most other healers dont bother healing, which should tell you something about the numbers. Most will reach about 2 million, if that. A max geared skilled player can reach 3 million. I reached 4 million on a broken cleric spec (note it was broken and has been fixed), and Im the only cleric I know to reach 4 million. Most it was 2, again if that. Oh and I was 1/2 dps because judicial privilege was more hp along with faerie healer then actually being a full healer. Ive healed more in wfs being a full inq then a full healer, so yes, your 100% correct a dps can reach more self heals off of pots, bloodthirsty, etc then actual healers.

All the while yes, farseers are hitting 12 million heals or more while other healers struggle to hit 2. Its why no one bothers healing but a farseer-your better off dpsing. The only exceptions to this are the other newer souls that have a broken heal in their abilities. Which yes, should be fixed before upping all heals by a percentage.

Im actually surprised your arguing so hardcore but didnt know all this. What class are you playing anyways, and have you ever healed? Regardless, they are already testing reducing fortune protection and impeding fate, as I suggested, on the test realm because they are bypassing pvp nerfs. And no, the AOE heals should not be full healing people. Not every 10 seconds...lol.
    ./facepalm

All the while yes, farseers are hitting 12 million heals or more while other healers struggle to hit 2. Its why no one bothers healing but a farseer-your better off dpsing.

I used to play clr/mage chloro healer in wfs when the game first came out, they were fun and viable in game play back then. But as the game progressed, rog/ FK / warchanter etc became better at copping with the increased dps output, clr and chloro healers were phased out. Time had changed again since then with new expansions lvl cap and newer gear/gear slot etc.

So no, It's not that no one bothers healing anymore but farseers, it's just that those who enjoys healing and are still playing, had all bought the pack and made farseer healer after realizing the older souls/classes they enjoyed playing could no longer keep up with the pace of game -- myself included . Having farseers nerfed wouldn't bring back those healers from other souls/classes, it will just lead to less healers in wf altogether .

You might think you'd appreciate the healing nerf as it means faster kills, but keep in mind, you won't always get in the same side with those decked out dps-es that had been playing and collecting gears for much longer than you / other average players did. When the gear gap is big enough, skill/class/soul become negligible in pvp, be it 1 on 1 or zerg vs zerg.

Either way, farseer is getting the nerf hammer as you wished. I just hope when you/your team is getting slaughtered by the 1 or 2 op dpses on the other side, you are stocked up with healing potions. Oh wait, aren't those getting nerfed in wf also ?
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

Also, Im as good as a near expert in dpsing down healers since Ive played every single one competently and know how to gun them down. It still needs fixed. This isnt an ignorance response because I dont know how to for example. I am literally the guy marking healers and making their life difficult. The 1st thing I do in wfs is mark the healers and do a raid warning. So...your giving advice on how to take a healer out to a guy whose doing that. Nevertheless, its aoe heal needs fixed. Up its ST heals. There, fair and fixed.
    What's your characters' names in rift ? If you purge/stune/silence like you claim to be doing, you should be on my " stranger danger " list.
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

Like getting auto healed when your life is at 30%, and your already the best healing soul in game. I.e. yes you would have killed them, but a pve item not meant to work in pvp does and auto saves them every time. Pffffff Queen might want to check them out sometime. These people also know it works, but isnt supposed to. They simply dont care its unbalancing.
    That's not how that pve item works. Atleast look it up properly, before complaining about it. It's not that one pve item anyway, that makes the difference. It's people using wrong legendaries, not empowering spells, using FP when IF got purged down and not reapplying it after and so on. Farseer is an easy spec and yet most people are just average at it. Instead of asking a person about the spec and asking for help, it's always easier to say that he/she is a cheater. It's clear when some checks riftmeter that these people are playing it wrong.
    The said pve weapon is not worse than pve earrings were. All of those pve items can be aquired by anyone. Just like playing a Fotm spec, its a decision, given by the game. Its not pve items that cause the unbalance. Stop blaming people for that. Blame the game and people who are in charge of it.
    Peace

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    I used to play clr/mage chloro healer in wfs when the game first came out, they were fun and viable in game play back then. But as the game progressed, rog/ FK / warchanter etc became better at copping with the increased dps output, clr and chloro healers were phased out. Time had changed again since then with new expansions lvl cap and newer gear/gear slot etc.

So no, It's not that no one bothers healing anymore but farseers, it's just that those who enjoys healing and are still playing, had all bought the pack and made farseer healer after realizing the older souls/classes they enjoyed playing could no longer keep up with the pace of game -- myself included . Having farseers nerfed wouldn't bring back those healers from other souls/classes, it will just lead to less healers in wf altogether .

You might think you'd appreciate the healing nerf as it means faster kills, but keep in mind, you won't always get in the same side with those decked out dps-es that had been playing and collecting gears for much longer than you / other average players did. When the gear gap is big enough, skill/class/soul become negligible in pvp, be it 1 on 1 or zerg vs zerg.

Either way, farseer is getting the nerf hammer as you wished. I just hope when you/your team is getting slaughtered by the 1 or 2 op dpses on the other side, you are stocked up with healing potions. Oh wait, aren't those getting nerfed in wf also ?
    1. I was against the last dps raise. It was a raise in dps to bandaid the farseer problem, so your talking to the wrong person. If you read any of my posts, I normally mention that dps is too high on several abilities. On several of my toons that are getting geared I'm usually a high dps and kb placer.

2. I used to heal on chloro. I prided myself on seeing how many kb's I could get as well as heal. I healed on 4 callings, sometimes healing more then I did dps, so again, addressing the wrong person here..

3. I'm hoping they next nerf the few heals in the newer souls that are still getting through the pvp nerf, THEN up all heals by a blanket %. If you don't, then, say, warrior lib will become a nightmare next with a blanket increase in heal %, which is most likely what will be done next to "fix" the heals. I'm eager to heal again, not dps. I've done enough dps'ing.

4. Prophetic is nerfed. If you can get/buy visionary potions they overlooked nerfing those, which they should to be fair. I've already seen the pro's stocking up on visionary potions because they know it isn't nerfed.

Again, you need to do things in order. The easiest way to fix most things is to lower the HUGE outlier heals, then do a blanket heal % increase to all heals. This is simplistic, and the easiest approach to fixing the TONS of gimp healing abilities in most the healing souls.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    That's not how that pve item works. Atleast look it up properly, before complaining about it. It's not that one pve item anyway, that makes the difference. It's people using wrong legendaries, not empowering spells, using FP when IF got purged down and not reapplying it after and so on. Farseer is an easy spec and yet most people are just average at it. Instead of asking a person about the spec and asking for help, it's always easier to say that he/she is a cheater. It's clear when some checks riftmeter that these people are playing it wrong.
    The said pve weapon is not worse than pve earrings were. All of those pve items can be aquired by anyone. Just like playing a Fotm spec, its a decision, given by the game. Its not pve items that cause the unbalance. Stop blaming people for that. Blame the game and people who are in charge of it.
    Peace
    By game standards its not supposed to work. I never said cheater, I said exploiter. Look the words up, and I'm using my words correctly. You should peruse my points if you want to add words I never used, that is to say, you introduced that word, not me.

I know farseer is an easy spec I can play it quite adequately well. I simply refuse to play it myself, just like I wouldn't use a pve item I know isn't supposed to work i pvp, by principal. Therein lies the difference. Some people will see $5 on the ground in a store and turn it in to a cashier, some people will pocket it.

Just to be clear, the pve item does make a difference. You dont purposefully have all pvp BIS items to include the old 65 gear if its BIS and accidentally run around with a top-notch pve item as your weapon. Its very simple, its definitely an advantage, or your convincing me they are not smart? Pick one. I see a couple fanboys pretty much defending, but really they are saying they aren't smart, but are? Very vague.

And by all means, explain how it works in pvp then, and how it interacts with farseer abilities, if applicable.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-02-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    What's your characters' names in rift ? If you purge/stune/silence like you claim to be doing, you should be on my " stranger danger " list.
    Rogue: Arel. If you've ever seen people flying through the air into your side's group further then they should, its probably this toon doing it. It gimps my souls a little, but its a huge game changer, if wf's are even close to being balanced. I play NB a lot for its burst, slow, and stun, which is what you need to kill healers.

Warrior: Sakkora. I rarely play my warrior. Depending on the wf, they perform adequately well. Any geared warrior is definitely a threat, as long as the wf isn't too hugely ranged.

Primalist: Sarastrynn. Again, I rarely play my primalist. Also have next to no gear. I find the primalist was made extremely lazily, and is simplistic, which is part of the problem of too much output for too little buttons, at least for the best dps specs and healing spec. The calling actually needs a big rework imo.

Cleric: Shendrith: I'm normally playing inq. inq has some interesting tactics with its unique utility, as any who've played them know, especially an aoe fear and judicial P. I purge /10 seconds and normally dot people up before using my barrage of channels after stunning them. I've seen better specs then mine though, but it performs very well.

I tend to bounce between toons, so I haven't "maximized" any of them. My warrior is probably the closest with decent frags.

Since I refuse to heal on the farseer due to its unbalancing issues, I'm mostly looking forward to healing on the other souls when/if they improve them like I think they will eventually do.

*edit: Although this is a different subject, I tend to judge dps effectiveness on burst, not total dps, although normally high dps means good sustained and usually burst, its not necessarily true for getting that kill before people run or heal up. i.e. I go for kb's as fast and effective as I can. Who cares if you have high dps and you "almost" kill tons of people. That's not what turns the tide of the game. Its managing to nix that great dps player or that healer who "almost" got a last second heal off to continue jumping around, but didn't because you used several methods like pre-dotting and purging and stunning at the right time for your burst, or a well-placed pull, etc..
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-02-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Heh

Since I refuse to heal on the farseer due to its unbalancing issues, I'm mostly looking forward to healing on the other souls when/if they improve them like I think they will eventually do.
    Oh, you're one of "those". The "I can't play it properly so I'll complain about it" type. that reminds me of a few players

https://i.imgflip.com/375iue.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/375jea.gif
    Last edited by TrippyC; 08-03-2019 at 12:18 AM.

By game standards its not supposed to work. I never said cheater, I said exploiter. Look the words up, and I'm using my words correctly. You should peruse my points if you want to add words I never used, that is to say, you introduced that word, not me.

I know farseer is an easy spec I can play it quite adequately well. I simply refuse to play it myself, just like I wouldn't use a pve item I know isn't supposed to work i pvp, by principal. Therein lies the difference. Some people will see $5 on the ground in a store and turn it in to a cashier, some people will pocket it.

Just to be clear, the pve item does make a difference. You dont purposefully have all pvp BIS items to include the old 65 gear if its BIS and accidentally run around with a top-notch pve item as your weapon. Its very simple, its definitely an advantage, or your convincing me they are not smart? Pick one. I see a couple fanboys pretty much defending, but really they are saying they aren't smart, but are? Very vague.

And by all means, explain how it works in pvp then, and how it interacts with farseer abilities, if applicable.
    I never claimed you said cheater. I was talking in general.Currently (for a longer time) some pve items are bis, like they were in Storm Legion.Whether you like it or not. I never stated pve items are not an advantage since they're BIS. Its your decision if you're not using any kind of pve items, just as its on others if they wanna use pve items or not. Its given by the game. Just as using hellfire blades and bursting down someones hp under 5 sec with bd, mm or anything else. Just as using Legendary Shadow Lash that doesnt give immunity for the next pull or knockback. Working as intended, right? But I guess you dont know anything about those By the games standards lots of things dont work as intended. And those were just a few to mention used by almost everybody.

Play what gives you fun and let others to do the same. If you wanna make Rift a better game, give ideas to the Devs how to do balancing right and dont complain about stuff you didnt even bother to look up (I can link it to you next time ingame, so you can do the reading).
    Enjoy the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast