+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sylaen
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory

Thread: How's PvP here now

Default How's PvP here now

I been playing this game since it fist started but when they took out the PvP sphere I quit the game, but I decided to see how this game was doing and decided to to check out Rift this past weekend.

So what's new? Is there Conquest anymore?

I qued Warfronts but it never qued me in so I assumed PvP is dead here.

I leveled my old char to 61 but is that the only means to grind now is PVE?

I'll give this a go around but the reason I loved this game was the PVP.

Excuse my old signature that was from back in the days when PVP here was the bomb.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 07-08-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Disciple

No Conquest/lagfest but nothing to cry about.

You will be able to pvp at level 65, it will pop fast the evening.

To grind you can AI or story quest.

Rift pvp is still very fresh but more fast paced than before and with imbalancies so if you don't forced yourself to obtain all the pvp gear etc etc you will end up leaving waiting for the next big MMO(like in 2014) which, incidentally, will never arrive.

Some changes about healing will come hopefully in the next months.
    As for now, you can perform well as damage dealer with primalist, warrior and rogue. Mage as some quite good souls too (harb, elem, warlock, "frostkeeper"). Cleric can be ok with inqui, "shaman"(nice burst but can be dispel for what i know) and "hybrid justicar/purifier/druid" (in before Aedynn or Flashmemory write you a book "Disillusionment as a cleric player", it's more the lack of playable souls currently that make cleric a bit repetitive).
    Last edited by sylaen; 07-09-2019 at 01:03 AM.

What is dillusional are people who say cleric is okay then express reasons why they are not like lack of playable souls.

"Hey dude! Cleric is okay. They are really fine. Just they have one little tiny miniscule problem. Just to let you know.. most their souls are not viable. Not a big problem at all!"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    I been playing this game since it fist started but when they took out the PvP sphere I quit the game, but I decided to see how this game was doing and decided to to check out Rift this past weekend.

So what's new? Is there Conquest anymore?

I qued Warfronts but it never qued me in so I assumed PvP is dead here.

I leveled my old char to 61 but is that the only means to grind now is PVE?

I'll give this a go around but the reason I loved this game was the PVP.

Excuse my old signature that was from back in the days when PVP here was the bomb.
    I'm not sure about Conquest. That was before I started playing.

*shrug* I don't know. I have a lot of fun in PvP, but it totally sucked before I realized how the PvP gear worked—and that I need it to stay alive for more than 0.5 seconds. Now I can stay alive for TWO seconds! *beams a proud smile*

I notice that the PvP queue pops more in the evenings (5pm-10pm server time) than mornings. And you'll also have more luck on weekend afternoons/evenings.

Add me to your friends list! I like helping people under 70. I like dungeons. I can help you blow through some carnage quests or run you through dungeons.

I'm in a guild with lots of people under 70 and we help each other with stuff. You're welcome to join, if you want. It's the Praetorians on Hailol.

Is your name Oblivion in-game? I'll look for you and heal you on the battlefield! (Well, I try to heal everyone. What I mean is just to be friendly and welcome you back to the game.)

I saw an epic fight between two powerful players in PvP last weekend. I almost hesitated to heal, just to see who would win. I recognized both their names and knew they could take me out in a heartbeat, and they were really wailin' on each other. (Was is Nivlak and Kade? Bah, I forget.)

PvP isn't "dead," I'd say. You will, however, see the same players over and over again (I kind of like this, and I like that we can switch sides and have fun fighting each other), which is different from World of Warcraft, where I never really recognized anyone else in PvP.

PvP is more fun when you can add humor to it. With /say macros! For example, I've just made a /yell macro with *Wilhelm Scream*. I'm looking forward to using it the next time someone boots me off the top of a mountain and I go flying far, far away. *glares at a certain rogue* (but not really a glare, because I think it's hilarious)

I wonder what it's like for players who've been doing PvP for yeeeears? Maybe they get to know each others' weaknesses (like maybe they know exactly when certain players are most likely to use their Break Free cooldowns, and then use that knowledge to win or something).

Anyway, yeah, welcome back. Come play in the evenings, if your schedule allows for it.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alt: Frazzleweed (20-something mage)

Telaran

And about Clerics... I don't know, I play a cleric healer in PvP and I feel like I'm balanced at the moment. I have that cool battle-rez heal (Purifier soul) that prevents death and then heals for a ton after a few seconds. If you're trying to kill someone and they're hovering forever at 1% health and still not dying, this might be why. Sometimes I feel like this heal is possibly over-powered, yet I'm easy to kill imo, so I think that's balanced well enough.

I did experiment with trying to kill someone in my shaman raiding spec, but that didn't really work. Later realized that some key pvp abilities weren't even on my bars, lol... I've also tried to kill someone in my Justicar tank build (the Rift preset one) and it's is kind of hilarious because it clearly doesn't work.

Edit: You know what's a bummer, though? If I accidentally cast the battle-rez heal on an opposing player, it triggers the full 5-min cooldown! (Like, instead of being transferred to the friendly target of the enemy). Boo. Sad panda. Sometimes I click too fast and this happens and it's annoying. ....I wonder if COTA can clear it, though..? I'll experiment later.

Edit again: Ok, so COTA does clear the timer on the b-rez, but it's so annoying to sit at the spawn point and wait for this long cast.
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-10-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    Cleric can be ok with inqui,
    Oh yeah Inquisitor! Man, some of them are brutal. That's probably the way to go.

All those DoTs make me freak out and I'm trying to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, and then I die, lol

Champion

Well, they are looking at nerfing that healing so your wish is granted. Nvm, not worth sharing my theorycraft with others.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I had to change my name when I came back so my name is "Covergirl" and to be honest I have no idea what server I am in LOL.

Okay I'll grind PVE gain levels. Amazingly, I have so much stuff in my inventory and I don't even remember what they were used for.

I left Rift when Arch Age came out, so as you can see that's been a long time. I'm happy that Rfit is still around and it brings back lots of great memories.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 07-09-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

It's decent. Hey, the water's fine and we missed you!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread