+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PvP is sexy

Rift Disciple

Default PvP is sexy

(For reference, I play a healer cleric in PvP and I'm female IRL).

A month or so ago, I was standing alone next to a flag in a Warfront and there was a (famous?) rogue who unstealthed and put me into crowd control.

For some reason, my Break Free abilities were on cooldown, so I just kind of stood there, dazed, while he took the flag.

Then, he just kind of disappeared again. I was shocked because it was the first time someone had chosen not to kill me. And each time I tried to take the flag back, he'd unstealth and put me into crowd control again.

It started to feel like a game of a cat playing with a mouse and I'll be damned if it wasn't kind of hot because there were some small parallels to bdsm. (*cough* which I like *cough*)

Since then, I've noticed that sometimes a few individuals kill me slowly, as if they know I'm squishy (and they know I am unable to kill them, haha!), so it's like they are "playing with their food."

Last night, I had a very fun time with a player who wouldn't let me take a flag. It was just me and him. He didn't kill me. Just toyed with me. It was hilarious and fun and sexy, and I loved it. (I hope my team forgives me, because it's so much fun and it's hot.)

Edit: Oh jeez, I've been told that the player I was referring to in this last paragraph is actually female IRL, lol... Not sure how to feel about things now. But it was so much fun! and so funny to experience! I hope I keep seeing her in the warfronts anyway.
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-13-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Glad you enjoy the game.
    I'm Sorry.

also, they need to turn the Underground Fashions of Gloamwood artifact set into a wardrobe set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post

A month or so ago, I was standing alone next to a flag in a Warfront and there was a (famous?) rogue who unstealthed and put me into crowd control.

For some reason, my Break Free abilities were on cooldown, so I just kind of stood there, dazed, while he took the flag.

Then, he just kind of disappeared again. I was shocked because it was the first time someone had chosen not to kill me. And each time I tried to take the flag back, he'd unstealth and put me into crowd control again.

It started to feel like a game of a cat playing with a mouse and I'll be damned if it wasn't kind of hot because there were some small parallels to bdsm. (*cough* which I like *cough*)

Since then, I've noticed that sometimes a few individuals kill me slowly, as if they know I'm squishy (and they know I am unable to kill them, haha!), so it's like they are "playing with their food."

Last night, I had a very fun time with a player who wouldn't let me take a flag. It was just me and him. He didn't kill me. Just toyed with me. It was hilarious and fun and sexy, and I loved it. (I hope my team forgives me, because it's so much fun and it's hot.)
    God bless you, darling!

Plane Walker

You have some weird fetish.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

I see a lot of people complaining about PvP. For example, a guy in guild chat was saying that it's unfair that one of the classes can just yank you into the opposing crowd and they all gang-bang you then. It's over and you don't stand a chance.

Indeed, after the first one or two PvP games I played, I logged off, crying, because it felt so unfair, and it was disheartening to see such low heals.

So the question almost becomes:
    How does one deal with the painful experience of PvP?
    Person #1: "I always go with a pre-made group."

Person #2: "I use vials on the weekends that have bonuses to PvP, so I can gear up asap."

Person #3: "I developed a fetish for being pwned."
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-07-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Plane Walker

Me: Don't pvp.

Also, every class has a yank, you can't complain it's not unfair when every class can yank. If you get yanked, you yank back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/5xaLZS5.png

Actual fake news

Also, every class has a yank, you can't complain it's not unfair when every class can yank. If you get yanked, you yank back.
    Yeah just go into Shadeborn for the pull! What do you mean its a dps loss? Who carresssssss

Or just go super deep into Cab (which is trash) or Justicar or Arbiter! Thats fine!

Back on topic this is probably the weirdest thing i've ever read on this forum, well done
    Last edited by Maltie; 07-07-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Are you from Faeblight by any chance?
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Yeah just go into Shadeborn for the pull! What do you mean its a dps loss? Who carresssssss
    i do exactly that, and i perform... adequately.. in NB with it.

considering that the complaint is about getting focus fired after being pulled, individual damage is less of a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

That made my day, thanks.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Master

Not every class has a yank or stun that disobeys immunity or waste your break free/fading light.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-08-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Slaybae View Post
    Are you from Faeblight by any chance?
    Nej.
    Hailol. :P
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Plane Walker

Sarleaf also likes to tank. Sounds excited to tank. I wonder why.

I see a lot of people complaining about PvP. For example, a guy in guild chat was saying that it's unfair that one of the classes can just yank you into the opposing crowd and they all gang-bang you then. It's over and you don't stand a chance.

Indeed, after the first one or two PvP games I played, I logged off, crying, because it felt so unfair, and it was disheartening to see such low heals.

So the question almost becomes:
    How does one deal with the painful experience of PvP?
    Person #1: "I always go with a pre-made group."

Person #2: "I use vials on the weekends that have bonuses to PvP, so I can gear up asap."

Person #3: "I developed a fetish for being pwned."
    The trick is to have fun, don't take it personal, and remember that when you die its not real you don't have to dial 911 you just respawn and jump back into the fray. Its a game and most people seem to forget that and get mad and start ranting and raving, if you find yourself getting mad then stop and go do something else for a bit, calm down then come back.

I love your posts they are funny and I am glad your having fun and can see the light side of things and I hope you stay that way. As for your Sexy post I had to laugh as I find PvP extremely sexy especially some toons (not mentioning any names) and I feel very empowered and feminine when im slashing my swords thru those muscular bodies and they fall at my feet (oh my gonna have to lie down and chill with that image in my head) lol.

Stay positive and look forward to seeing you in matches *hugs*
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    I love your posts they are funny and I am glad your having fun and can see the light side of things and I hope you stay that way. As for your Sexy post I had to laugh as I find PvP extremely sexy especially some toons (not mentioning any names) and I feel very empowered and feminine when im slashing my swords thru those muscular bodies and they fall at my feet (oh my gonna have to lie down and chill with that image in my head) lol.
    Haha, I know, right? Glad to see I'm not the only one, lol

Also not mentioning names, but there is starting to be a growing list of people whose team I hope I'm never on. *wink*

And I had this image in my head the other day:
    Fighting along in a WF....
    Dazed, Break free,
    Dazed again, Fading Light,
    and bam—Rift Prison.
    Smashing buttons and cannot move.
    Voice from the shadows: "You know I can take whatever I want."
    *melts*

Kylo Ren Interrogates Rey - Entire Scene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlT-sJLfCPU

Edit: Or is it called Rift Tomb? I can't keep all this stuff straight. :P
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-14-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast