+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning from 2012 to pvp

Soulwalker

Cool Returning from 2012 to pvp

is there any actual path that this game is going in for pvp? i would like to not have to buy more and more and more pvp gear because its been changed several times.. can we just make it to when new lvl cap is coming you just upgrade your current pvp gear. the amount of time i spend farming all of the favor to buy the full set of pvp stuff is very time consuming. i dont play this game for PVE and i know sometimes i have to do some pve to get to the pvp, which i accept. is there any way to return my warlord/freelancers gear for favor at least since its 100% useless now. from lvl 60-70 the gear stat difference is like 10X within those 10 levels im very confused why it was so greatly increased. and i heard something about warfront box's being different from lvl 70 compared to lvl 65 box's? i used to be able to save all my box's until max level then open them all, is this still a thing? and what exactly do these warfront box's give you now? i hear it can give you some pvp pieces so you dont have to end up buying them with the favor(warlord marks). if this is the case can someone give me a list of stuff the warfront box's dont drop so i know i have to buy those few pvp pieces first.

thankyou for your time.

Welcome back, unfortunately you cant sell any old gear for favor and the only way to get favor is to pvp.

Its useless trying to Q for pvp before lvl 65 as it just won't pop. 65-69 in pvp isnt to bad yes you have no gear but what pve gear you do have is bolstered to help you stay viable, doesnt mean its not going to be painful but try to grit your teeth and have fun. There are no boxes before lvl 70 but you do get favor.

I would suggest saving your favor and the 1st things to purchase would be weapons which are n the rift store which you buy with challenger marks which you get with favor. Once you have your weapons then look at the seal and after that any armor which you havent picked up from the boxes.

The lvl 70 boxes have armor, jewellery, essence's and fragments but is all on rng so hope your lucky.

Its painful trying to gear up but you can still have fun. If you cant heal or do great damage just try helping the team do the objectives and do your bit to help win.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MacsAreBad View Post
    is there any actual path that this game is going in for pvp? i would like to not have to buy more and more and more pvp gear because its been changed several times.. can we just make it to when new lvl cap is coming you just upgrade your current pvp gear. the amount of time i spend farming all of the favor to buy the full set of pvp stuff is very time consuming. i dont play this game for PVE and i know sometimes i have to do some pve to get to the pvp, which i accept. is there any way to return my warlord/freelancers gear for favor at least since its 100% useless now. from lvl 60-70 the gear stat difference is like 10X within those 10 levels im very confused why it was so greatly increased. and i heard something about warfront box's being different from lvl 70 compared to lvl 65 box's? i used to be able to save all my box's until max level then open them all, is this still a thing? and what exactly do these warfront box's give you now? i hear it can give you some pvp pieces so you dont have to end up buying them with the favor(warlord marks). if this is the case can someone give me a list of stuff the warfront box's dont drop so i know i have to buy those few pvp pieces first.

thankyou for your time.
    You (most players) will be extremely weak in pvp until you play for months (unless you spend a lot of $$$) and you get your pvp gear and your fragments crit stacked. Until then, you will die to players in seconds, all the time. There is, however, a turning point where you finally get all the gear and are the guy globaling others, and can now fight back (most) of the players that used to blow you away.

However, I'm convinced there are several in-game exploits that are massive, and/or hackers since the game has 0 moderators watching. Its been around 4 years no one even looks, so exploits are normal, let alone someone hacking. There are specific players that are max geared, but even then they seem to either speed hack (always running way faster then others...always, not like on a CD, and seem to do more global attacks then normal, which majorly ups dps. There were speed hacks and gcd hacks in the past, so I'm not just making this up).

Anywho. Best to get some interesting souls put together and try to assist the max geared players to up your win chances, and do objectives a lot. Game isn't really fun until you get geared.

+ Reply to Thread