+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Primalists in PvP are ridiculous

Default Primalists in PvP are ridiculous

Sorry, but when a single prima heal/tank cant be killed by your whole raid, something must be changed. It's not fun.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Soulwalker

In my last warfront, the whole raid stayed at the respawn area and let the other team win simply because they had a primalist healer who couldn't be killed. It's ridiculous that we couldn't even kill anyone on the other team because of the healer.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Down mentor everyone to the old level 60 template, boom!, there you go, no Legendaries, no planar fragments, might level the playing field a bit.

If the bit of activity on the war front is to be maintained, the Primalist healer is quickly freed from his god-mod. If that is not easy, the Prima should be excluded from the war front. (Google-Translator )
    Last edited by Easteregg; 04-27-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Sorry, but when a single prima heal/tank cant be killed by your whole raid, something must be changed. It's not fun.
    Funny you bring that up now when the situation is so much better than it was until the patch 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Down mentor everyone to the old level 60 template, boom!, there you go, no Legendaries, no planar fragments, might level the playing field a bit.
    LoL Slip.. Wish it were that easy.. Being LvL.60 in a WF in these current stages would be such a drawback, and the gear(at lvl.70) would have no relevance, let alone serve any purpose as it should for the matter.

I'm sure a great deal of the player base love their "Legendaries" just as I do, and as far as Planar Fragments, they're given to spread our secondary stats across the stat board due to new pieces of gear not giving any secondary stats at all.

Honestly, the change(given to us a week ago) should either go back to its prior state, or be lowered. Peeps are getting "One shot" and are QQ'ing all over again about it, and its not gonna stop..

aaannnd I don't wanna even mention the most OP class in game(in terms of healing and DSP) where their DOTS even last through death and stay on you when you Rez... EVEN WHEN YOU REZ!...
    Kinda rhymes with Shmimalist but, what do I know?

Side thought - No offense to the idea

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    Honestly, the change(given to us a week ago) should either go back to its prior state, or be lowered. Peeps are getting "One shot" and are QQ'ing all over again about it, and its not gonna stop..~ Esca
    I don't see anyone QQing but fresh 70's who have no gear slotted. One shot is welcomed on those players and as someone who has monitored warfronts it is only when the healers show up that the warfronts start to die off. If you look closely OP healers ruin warfronts. Most people don't mind dying over and over again as long as they can kill over and over again. Some of the best warfronts I have played went neck and neck with no healers on both sides.. one match was 999 to 1000 but as soon as an OP healer shows up and decides to play 6 hours of pvp every night.. players just log and games are barely even 10 v 10 during back half of prime time. No one wants to play vs. OP healers.. and with lots of people going to prime and coming over to live for the first time it will take ages to gear with the very low population and participation rate.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Rift Disciple

2 good dps are enough to kill a prima heal from what i've seen. Of course a soul with debuff heal helps (nightblade, harbringer, hybrid reaver, etc).
    The "problem" is that they queue with players who have good dps and most of the time who will protect the prima healer facing another team whith no healer. If both teams had the same prima heal stuffed then we could had good fights. But actually here in EU it's not the case.
    For people complaining, i don't think you have full pvp stuff/fragments, you mostly never retreat/strafe back and don't play enough good your spec (without being rude) so that don't help.
    Last edited by sylaen; 04-27-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Rift Disciple

Sadly, the most recent dollar healing spec was always op in pvp.
    Physician, then Frostkeeper, now Farseer.

Ascendant

I think most people are missing the main points of what the real issues are in pvp.

***Blanket ups and downs of dps/heals is 100% not addressing the OP abilities certain souls have. It just highers or lowers the problem, creating a new problem that no one can die, or that everyone dies too fast.

Currently the dps is so high, that the most likely team to win is one with a farseer still. If you can keep your too-high dps alive through the first few seconds of the first engagement, that's the most likely team to win. A bouncing heal that just heals more the more damage everyone has isn't really fixed by the upped dps. It just made it so that tanks have less survivability and a farseer can actually be killed by decent dps (focusing). Not a bad thing, to be sure, but swing one way or the other, its still weak pvp fixing.

On the other hand....you die in seconds with how high the dps is. Even OP insta heals barely keep people alive.

I feel we've gone a long way from skilled combat and into slam your macro button combat. There isn't enough time to counter, or utilize your tactics, or kiting. Basically you jump in and out of combat, running back to the farseer and repeat. It's quite boring.

The end results that I"m seeing are this. 1. Heal debuffs are next to pointless since most are against single target heals. 2. debuffing has been pointless for a while for the most part-especially now, you'd rather hit a hard-hitting dps button. 3. run speed is so high on everyone push-backs are a joke (again, more pvp utility pointless). 4. Dotting is only viable on a one-button you have all my dots specs; i.e. hard-hitting damage is so fast it beats any hybrid specs for dots. Exclusion would be any bugged dots (looking at you primalist). 5. CC is almost pointless since so many people have so many break frees, and you can bull-rush kill people before you run out of break frees. So many abilities nullified by how the game is currently. Feels like a waste.

The current state of the game has made most abilities moot, and spamming just a few is the maximized way to go, most due to such high dps.

They need to fix the bugged heals, then up all the heals quite a bit imo. Fixing bugged heals will nullify most tank/heal hybrid specs that are an issue in pvp, as well as bugged farseer, etc.., You can then safely lower dps so people have a reaction time vs. a 2-second death from a zerg.

Primalist is just another example of some broken souls and hybrids. Like all souls, it needs fixes on its abilities like fortune protection and threshers maw, but so do a lot of other souls too. A quick death, bladedancer for the most part, several rogue specs and/or abilities. The only good thing is that most callings have a few souls that are as broken as the other callings.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-28-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Just nerf farseer heals to the ground. Then we're good.Make ST healers great again!
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

bring back PVP souls
    Trying to balance souls for both PVE and PVP at the same time is half of what has caused this mess.
    instead, create 4 decent PVP souls with different strengths and weaknesses, the same 4 soul types for each class and let peeps create their ideal PVP playstyle.
    then have the current PVE souls do nothing at all in PVP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    bring back PVP souls
    Trying to balance souls for both PVE and PVP at the same time is half of what has caused this mess.
    instead, create 4 decent PVP souls with different strengths and weaknesses, the same 4 soul types for each class and let peeps create their ideal PVP playstyle.
    then have the current PVE souls do nothing at all in PVP.

Do you think when you write something? Rift strength is the diversity of the souls. Wow can't balance less souls so why asking here. It's fresh to have lot of different gameplay, don't make it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I don't see anyone QQing but fresh 70's who have no gear slotted.
    I don't know who you are either.. But to display a sheer contradiction within your first sentence says a lot.. Like not reading the reply properly, or even understanding it in the least bit...

You must be new to PvP, or were not around when "Fresh" said Levels QQ'd over -Conquest- in which we all know the end result to that was and still is. You also missed the fact that Primal heals were mentioned in my reply. Seems as if your DPS is very low because all you squirmed about in your reply was "OP Primal heals".

In WF's, when some of the vets and I focus healers it usually gets the job done, but lemme not mention it takes a "PvP'er" to know this strategy.

In the end a change will come, and I'm almost sure it'll be something that will drag the same peeps back to this thread or a new one with a similar argument/debate.

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I don't see anyone QQing but fresh 70's who have no gear slotted. One shot is welcomed on those players and as someone who has monitored warfronts it is only when the healers show up that the warfronts start to die off. If you look closely OP healers ruin warfronts. Most people don't mind dying over and over again as long as they can kill over and over again. Some of the best warfronts I have played went neck and neck with no healers on both sides.. one match was 999 to 1000 but as soon as an OP healer shows up and decides to play 6 hours of pvp every night.. players just log and games are barely even 10 v 10 during back half of prime time. No one wants to play vs. OP healers.. and with lots of people going to prime and coming over to live for the first time it will take ages to gear with the very low population and participation rate.
    You know who does the most *****ing about so called *op healers*?

The same people raging around in warfronts burning thru everyone with their uber damage not caring that they may kill the same people 10 times in a row and making sure they get their killing blows. When these same people team with a healer and become SUPER UBER suddenly its the healers fault that no one wants to play anymore.

Primalist healers are not God Mode Esca is certainly right on that point we die, hell I die more than anyone else and have died 10 times in one match. I heal to help people and im sorry but when i play my mage and theres no heals its not fun when those uber players are mowing down people and you dont even stand a chance thats when i see people become disheartened.

The only people in game that ***** and message me about heals are those *uber* players because im spoiling their killing fun. If they nerf farseer heals i couldn't care less but until then suck it up buttercups and stop your whining.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast