+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DOT classes

Ascendant

Default DOT classes

Just a thought from what I've seen. I'd fix something about the DOT classes. Quite a few have a "Full DOT" button, and you can literally kill an enemy and be so dotted up and die so fast due to the upped dps that you run around, trying to get out of combat, but cant because of the dots, and eventually die.

Not sure the solution, since I don't fully want DOT classes to be useless-even my inq uses a version of dots to help-but maybe make it so you get out of combat faster with dots still on you and nothing else hitting you? Thoughts?

there is a consumable called panacea that cleanses all dots.
    some souls have a spammable cleanse low enough in the tree to make them worth considering.
    some souls have a full cleanse. some of those souls are also viable to an extent in pvp.
    play a rogue - free full cleanse in the war planar attunement.

but generally, i agree, nerf dots.
    in particular, nerf the *#@&^#! prima dot that persists thru death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    there is a consumable called panacea that cleanses all dots.
    some souls have a spammable cleanse low enough in the tree to make them worth considering.
    some souls have a full cleanse. some of those souls are also viable to an extent in pvp.
    play a rogue - free full cleanse in the war planar attunement.

but generally, i agree, nerf dots.
    in particular, nerf the *#@&^#! prima dot that persists thru death.
    I have all souls and understand what your saying, but I'm mainly talking about the souls that, as design now, have the full dot on ability which I think are the main issue. And yes the primalist dot that persists through death is annoying. It's also paired with the main primalist dps blunt spec which utilizes threshers maw making it even worse.

Quite a few of my souls have cleanses. Its just annoying when I switch to a soul that doesn't and, after killing the enemy player, you just run around like a chicken trying to sit and drink so you dont inevitably die even though the battle is...over? Seems some dots are worse then others in keeping you "in combat" as well.

And after you hit the full cleanse/panacea they just reapply them.
    The Dotspecs becomming popular again ist just a sideeffect of the dmg/heal buff. There is (still) only one viable heal spec which is terrible at cleansing.
    More viable healers -> more cleanse -> less dotfiesta
    Disso@Zaviel - Dizzy@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood - Mulk@Deepwood <Excuse The Swag>

+ Reply to Thread