+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By McChaffe
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: How to Train Your BP Pugs

  1. #1
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,187

    Default How to Train Your BP Pugs

    Suggestion for the PvPers: when you get a PvP Battle Pass Daily/Weekly, spam Crossevents that you are forming a group - linking the BP quest - requiring any wishing to join as having the relevant map meta achievement, linking the map achievement just like the PvErs do for the dungeons/raids.

    you can do this without actually forming a group if you don't want such a premade, though if you do form a group i suggest not taking any more than one other regular PvPer.
    when you get a PvEer wanting to join who doesn't have the meta achieve, tell them that you only want players who know the map mechanics, just as raiders expect players to know the boss mechanics and that they can form their own groups if they wish to "learn the fight".

    the point of this is to get the PvEers treating the BP PvP quests the same as they do dungeons or raids: forming a groups with requirements to join, and implying that trying to pug it will be just as painful and a waste of time as sitting in the LFG/LFR queue for an hour only to wipe repeatedly on the first boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    How many PvPers you think will bother to take PvE content seriously as it was they who originally begged for higher attendance in PvP that did away with PvP gear I had stocked up in my bags

    since the loss of PvP segregation from PvE I have gone back to my pure PvE mind and do nothing more than everything wrong with PvP to prove how possible it is until they want to fix the exploits and trolls in PvP to make it whole again

    but hey keep preaching premades and see if they don't find a way to kaibosh it in favor of keeping PvE players from getting back logged in progression

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    How many PvPers you think will bother to take PvE content seriously as it was they who originally begged for higher attendance in PvP that did away with PvP gear I had stocked up in my bags

    since the loss of PvP segregation from PvE I have gone back to my pure PvE mind and do nothing more than everything wrong with PvP to prove how possible it is until they want to fix the exploits and trolls in PvP to make it whole again

    but hey keep preaching premades and see if they don't find a way to kaibosh it in favor of keeping PvE players from getting back logged in progression
    these are some ocean levels of salt
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    How many PvPers you think will bother to take PvE content seriously as it was they who originally begged for higher attendance in PvP that did away with PvP gear..
    it was raiders who did BOTH sets of content wanting to free up bag space from having to carry multiple sets of gear that asked for that.

    pvpers in particular despised gear unification, Trion knew it would be unpopular with the pvpers to the extent that they only announced it just before it went live, during a mid week mini-stream separate from their regular friday stream. at the launch of NMT, pvp dropped gear was below the up-bolster in stats, dungeon drops were the only way to get pvp relevant gear, and it came out near the end of NMT that the down-bolster actually set pve raid gear at higher stats than what was on the best pvp dropped gear.
    even now, after the earring fix, pve gear still remains BiS for some slots in pvp.

    gear unification did nothing at all for pvp attendance.
    putting pve currency rewards on pvp dailies/weeklies did that, but that in addition to, not a part of, gear unification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    it was raiders who did BOTH sets of content wanting to free up bag space from having to carry multiple sets of gear that asked for that.

    pvpers in particular despised gear unification, Trion knew it would be unpopular with the pvpers to the extent that they only announced it just before it went live, during a mid week mini-stream separate from their regular friday stream. at the launch of NMT, pvp dropped gear was below the up-bolster in stats, dungeon drops were the only way to get pvp relevant gear, and it came out near the end of NMT that the down-bolster actually set pve raid gear at higher stats than what was on the best pvp dropped gear.
    even now, after the earring fix, pve gear still remains BiS for some slots in pvp.

    gear unification did nothing at all for pvp attendance.
    putting pve currency rewards on pvp dailies/weeklies did that, but that in addition to, not a part of, gear unification.
    thank you for clarifying that I couldnt come up with a reason raiders were pushing for that til u reminded me of the NMT weeklies giving PvE rewards which I think came back to PvP players who wanted to do some PvE content but not all of it and wanted a way to use PvP to gear them selves for PvE

    honestly Trion just made big mistakes thinking that the meta in this game could suffer blending the two in the state it existed at the time and if Gamigo wants to correct it the only way to do so will be to segregate pvp and pve once again until the meta between the two are more closely alligned in balance

  6. #6
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    thank you for clarifying that I couldnt come up with a reason raiders were pushing for that til u reminded me of the NMT weeklies giving PvE rewards which I think came back to PvP players who wanted to do some PvE content but not all of it and wanted a way to use PvP to gear them selves for PvE

    honestly Trion just made big mistakes thinking that the meta in this game could suffer blending the two in the state it existed at the time and if Gamigo wants to correct it the only way to do so will be to segregate pvp and pve once again until the meta between the two are more closely alligned in balance
    You persist in trying to put the blame on pvpers for Trions decisions that had nothing to do with pvpers, was unasked for by any pvpers, was loudly decried by pvpers from the moment they went live.

    We get it, you don't like pvp. No one is forcing you to pvp. No one is holding a gun to your head. You little rebellion in pvp means nothing to the company. What you do in a warfront doesn't even register to them.
    Enjoy your salt. The only sour face here is yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts