+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarlenslava

Thread: PVP Tournament

Default PVP Tournament

Hey guys Dale, Dragnoss and Dagnie have been trying to put together a pvp tournament and looking for more people to join.
    How the event works?

The event will hold +30 players broke into teams of 5. Whomever has the highest score will move up the bracket. In case of ties in during matches played, sudden death will take place. Sudden death means that Kills determine the winner! Screenshots will be required for each win (Provided by team leaders) in order to move on. If you are caught exploiting or cheating you will be dismissed and banned from the rest of the tournament.
    You will be allowed ONLY one role for the entire tournament!

DATE: This is still being decided on but don't fret there's still time. It will be held either February 1st or 2nd. Stay tuned and join the Discord channel for more details.

How are we creating teams?
    We will start by having all players submit which role they are playing in the tournament and use a team of 5 players (well known and diverse in pvp) to evenly break up teams.

Bans:

We have casted some votes and the results are final, the following specs are now off limits!
    -Blade Dancer
    -Defiler
    -Farseer
    -Pure Tank (Any Kind)
    -Hybrid Tanks (21pts or higher in off tree)
    Yes Warlord is allowed!

Gear:

ALL PVE Gear is off limits. This means Capes, shoulders, weapons, etc.

Tactics:

Jump Glitches will be off limits! To make it clear, anything that requires you to spam spacebar you shouldnt be on it, trees, walls, etc.

Prizes:

Dale and many others have donated plat in a pot for the team who wins this tournament. Each member of the team gets 2k and there's a lot more prizes for those who join the discord channel and after the tournament.
    If you want to join this tournament message Dale@GB, Dragnosss@GB or even Dagnie@DW for more information.

Form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...BlQtQ/viewform

We need 30 people to make teams so please if you are interested sign up. This is just for fun and trying to get the community together.

~Val (and Azzteck's words) <3

Shadowlander

Sooo PVE gear is off limits, what about PVE fragments? They are the same (stats) as PvP but way easier to have all BiS.

So will that also count as cheating?
    Last edited by Phantomsiege; 01-17-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Rift Disciple

if i remember well, pve fragments are bolstered to level 6 pvp fragment when you enter a warfront (can't find the initial post) so all your pve fragment level 15 will be very weak/useless.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    if i remember well, pve fragments are bolstered to level 6 pvp fragment when you enter a warfront (can't find the initial post) so all your pve fragment level 15 will be very weak/useless.

Thought the tournament would be PVE open world, or in a dimension somewhere. Otherwise why ban 'PVE weapons' in warfronts if tournament is in warfronts. I only know of one pve weapon which operates in warfronts to be beneficial to duel weild with in wf but only for a switch and switch back...

Edit: won't say how long. Was reported back when you could suicide together with multiple other items, which got fixed. But since it remains I guess its intended?
    Last edited by Phantomsiege; 01-18-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

i can't answer you for pve weapon, i'm not aware about that (for warrior i only know pvp weapon is superior even if the tooltip of the skills you have when you enter a warfront with the eternal weapon is superior)

Can someone tell me what's so broken about defiler at lvl 70?
    Fwob - Zaviel

With in a "PvP" setting, in or outside of a War front, PvE gear receives a -Bolster- regardless of a decrease or increase(more likely being a decrease in stats f.y.i.).

Side Note: You can't obtain an overview of anyone's [equipped]Fragments unless they release screen shots to the public via a forum post or "Social media" platform.

Ending thought: Would love to see this Tournament sky rocket into a successful war game, and good luck Dale and Drag, you guys are awesome sauce!

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Rift Disciple

can someone give us the NA hours for the tournament ? ty

+ Reply to Thread