+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamalji

Thread: Is there a min level requirement for PVP?

Default Is there a min level requirement for PVP?

Good Morning,
    I had been a patron for over a year and in all that time I've not been able to get into a warfront. There was a time when it was much easier to get into it but now the queue time is neverending. I used to be mentored to 70. I read how warfronts were to change since Starfall but it talked about expanding pvp queue, but I'm finding the opposite to be the case (at least for me).

Did I miss something important?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning,
    I had been a patron for over a year and in all that time I've not been able to get into a warfront. There was a time when it was much easier to get into it but now the queue time is neverending. I used to be mentored to 70. I read how warfronts were to change since Starfall but it talked about expanding pvp queue, but I'm finding the opposite to be the case (at least for me).

Did I miss something important?
    You will not get a queue to pop unless you are level 65 or above. Once you hit 65 the queues pop an average between instant - 5 min during peak hours. This games pvp aspect has no interest to the developers sadly. So donít aspect much out of pvp. It use to be great til it went f2p.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by hmmpvp View Post
    It use to be great til it went f2p.
    no, no, no ... it was not F2P that killed it. it was intrepid IA that killed it cuz it was easier for everyone to jump in intrepids and lvl than it was to do PVP and the devs did not bother to try to come up with any way to control the flow thru there own game ... this could be alleviated by simply making everyone use a warfront charge to enter intrepid, if they don't have one then they would ether have to buy a charge or find something else to do to lvl there toon. some would quest and others would go back to pvp ... then everyone wins
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    no, no, no ... it was not F2P that killed it. it was intrepid IA that killed it cuz it was easier for everyone to jump in intrepids and lvl than it was to do PVP and the devs did not bother to try to come up with any way to control the flow thru there own game ... this could be alleviated by simply making everyone use a warfront charge to enter intrepid, if they don't have one then they would ether have to buy a charge or find something else to do to lvl there toon. some would quest and others would go back to pvp ... then everyone wins
    For what it's worth I have 2 characters over 65 and it was still impossible. I don't understand why they would keep active quests for low levels when limits have been enacted. Intrepid IA's are good for getting better weapons.

Unless I am a developer I can't criticize as I still think it's better than WOW (no offense intended). I was just curious what might have changed and you confirmed my thoughts. Thanks!

Soulwalker

absolutely, i'd much rather pvp to max level than IA to max level

remove IA completely

Quote Originally Posted by oatraa View Post
    absolutely, i'd much rather pvp to max level than IA to max level

remove IA completely
    I PvP'ed on my rogue virtually to max level. With broken bolstering at that time it felt like Twinking was when you could level lock and exploit high-level essences and runes with 0 level requirement on level 42s. My win rate was pretty good too after 100s of games played. I pointed it out to the devs and they probably still never fixed it. I know they made a change to range damage weapons to remove it and treat it as a stat stick but I doubt it fixed the problem. Keep in mind as soon as I dinged level 70 and lost all the broken pre 70 level bolstering I felt like a wet noodle lol so I stopped PvP'ing at level 70.

The reason PvP failed was because of the above and class balance but mostly because class and role locking features from PvE and PvP that didn't really encourage players to play more than one or two classes. Too much added grind ruined it for most players. Also, consider that it was easier to obtain best in slot fragments for some classes than other classes at first. After PoA went free to play they did something about the drop rate of tier fragments and you could barely get the good ones ever to drop from all content. You use to be able to get tier 2,3 even in NORMAL level dungeons and drops from PvP were way more frequent.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-07-2019 at 10:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread