+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Transparency with PVP fragments.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default Transparency with PVP fragments.

    Players should be allowed to view each others fragments. It is not fair to have these hidden from players. Super sketchy.

    Also,

    Please address the best in slot 65 gear. Been waiting from someone at trion to address this but still no communication. Can a dev please explain why a lvl 65 t3 (RAID????) item is better than an actual 70 PVP gear?

    Please balance the TTK/Damage reduction in warfronts. It's been long enough, the TTK makes for stagnate matches and the only healing class that's viable is prime/heals.

    Please acknowledge your PVP community. Pages among pages with 0 interaction from the devs. Do you guys only address the people who like to play dress up and stay inside dimensions all day?

    It's about time. Seriously.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander UntoldAbyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    Players should be allowed to view each others fragments. It is not fair to have these hidden from players. Super sketchy.
    If they hit like a truck, probably safe to assume their frags are maxed and idk about lv 65 gear because I haven't gotten any from coa. I bet it has more CP tho and nice runes

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    Players should be allowed to view each others fragments. It is not fair to have these hidden from players. Super sketchy.


    It's about time. Seriously.
    I personally do not want my OP Fragments on display...

    ~ where the wild things are
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Esca, I don't think you are the only one. I'm sure people at the top of the PVP chain would prefer to keep it this way.

    Be real though, in any other game where people actually give a **** about pvp, having a secret stash of stats that make a huge difference in damage numbers or healing, would not fly and probably cause people raging about it.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    Esca, I don't think you are the only one. I'm sure people at the top of the PVP chain would prefer to keep it this way.

    Be real though, in any other game where people actually give a **** about pvp, having a secret stash of stats that make a huge difference in damage numbers or healing, would not fly and probably cause people raging about it.
    I honestly see your point.. But leaning toward the idea of masking such a thing is priceless, giving War fronts a bit of diversity.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  6. #6
    Telaran Purrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I think there are quite a few more pressing items to be addressed than being able to view peoples fragments in PvP. The matter of using pve gear in warfronts has been reported and complained about for god knows how long and that still hasn't been fixed. Broken specs still haven't been fixed, same with team matchmaking. The list goes on and on.

    Give us some new items in boxes instead of the same old crap thats been in there since cain killed abel and something to spend the endless favor we get on that is actually helpful and scaled appropriately to lvl 70. New PvP gear Trion you need money give us something to spend money on.

    I also don't believe that the fragments are the total reason behind some players being uber, I consider myself a not to bad a healer and i can honestly say my fragments are pretty crappy none are lvlled to 15 and the rng god hates me cause i cant seem to get any great ones so I personally dont think fragments have any influence on my healing not even sure how to get good ones or why people would waste plat lvlling them up.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

    Karma..what goes around comes around.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    I honestly see your point.. But leaning toward the idea of masking such a thing is priceless, giving War fronts a bit of diversity.
    I'm not sure if understand you, but diversity would be adding new items, classes, or general balances.(Something accessible to everyone)

    Keeping fragments/stats hidden is absolutely not adding diversity..... that is unless there is transparency and everyone is able to view what people are equipped with. Sure you might have OP frags, but how many of them? All of them? It's unethical to have an extra set of stats that no one can see that give you a big boost in numbers. Show me any mmorpg that allows this. It's a spit in the face to the community of players who PVP on a daily regardless of this obsurd system.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    I think there are quite a few more pressing items to be addressed than being able to view peoples fragments in PvP. The matter of using pve gear in warfronts has been reported and complained about for god knows how long and that still hasn't been fixed. Broken specs still haven't been fixed, same with team matchmaking. The list goes on and on.

    Give us some new items in boxes instead of the same old crap thats been in there since cain killed abel and something to spend the endless favor we get on that is actually helpful and scaled appropriately to lvl 70. New PvP gear Trion you need money give us something to spend money on.

    I also don't believe that the fragments are the total reason behind some players being uber, I consider myself a not to bad a healer and i can honestly say my fragments are pretty crappy none are lvlled to 15 and the rng god hates me cause i cant seem to get any great ones so I personally dont think fragments have any influence on my healing not even sure how to get good ones or why people would waste plat lvlling them up.
    Sure there are plenty of things that need to get addressed that habe probably already been brought up hundreds of times already, this thread just sheds light on a topic that hasnt been yet been talked about. I agree with you and personally like your ideas. Unfortunately, It seems like balance changes are too much to ask for. The proof is in the pudding, there is no dev interaction on the forums in the PVP section anytime a discussion is made. It's a shame.

    The one thing I will disagree with you is how frags impact players being "uber".

    Fragments don't control your player or which abilities you choose but they sure do have an effect on the numbers you dish out and sometimes those numbers are double if not triple of what people dish out.

    War fragments don't even display anything that suggest they're meant for PVP. People end up upgrading their PVE frags just to find out they get nerfed inside Wfs.. Would be nice to add a description that players can read when hovered over the frags or a symbol that indicates PVP or PVE rather than having them find out the hard way after spending a ridiculous amount of plat and end up being discouraged.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    Players should be allowed to view each others fragments. It is not fair to have these hidden from players. Super sketchy.

    Also,

    Please address the best in slot 65 gear. Been waiting from someone at trion to address this but still no communication. Can a dev please explain why a lvl 65 t3 (RAID????) item is better than an actual 70 PVP gear?

    Please balance the TTK/Damage reduction in warfronts. It's been long enough, the TTK makes for stagnate matches and the only healing class that's viable is prime/heals.

    Please acknowledge your PVP community. Pages among pages with 0 interaction from the devs. Do you guys only address the people who like to play dress up and stay inside dimensions all day?

    It's about time. Seriously.
    I have all level 15 pvp fragments, and arguably one of the top DPS/heals in any match. I would like to chime in here on a few things I've been reading....


    On the PVP fragments (aka "War" fragments) -- One thing you should understand is that absolutely no tier one fragments EVER drop from the PVP caches. The highest tier fragment you can get for any slot is a tier 2. Expanding on this there is a limited amount of stats you can get out of a tier 2 fragment, and not all of them are worth upgrading for PVP, and it's completely possible to determine the the higher main stat possible in any given slot, this research has been done. And just to add to the fact that not all the higher tier fragments are worth upgrading, you should also understand that lower tier fragments can have a secondary stat that is better than the main stat of a given fragment. You need to use this knowledge to max your PVP (War) fragments.

    On "why a lvl 65 t3 (RAID????) item is better than an actual 70 PVP gear" -- This answer is simple and it has to do with the bolstering system. It's not just level 65 t3 raid gear that's BIS for PVP, but also the level 65 expert, t1, t2 and even the crafted gear and PVP gear that is BIS. This is because the bolstering system takes into consideration the level and stats on a gear piece and brings that gear piece up to the bolster "ceiling". From here you have to consider the dream orbs. The reason people are wearing some of the 65 gear is because they can apply dream orbs that ignore the bolster ceiling, giving the gear slot more of a desired stat (AP/SP) than the regular PVP gear would give.

    If I were you I would just adapt to how Trion has indefinitely left the PVP fragment and gearing system.
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 07-17-2018 at 03:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Unhappy

    Thank you for clarifying some of my questions Jegodinn.

    I knew that the bolstering system would be tragic for PVP when it was announced pre-NMT launch but I didn't imagine it being tragic still to this day. Damn. 2 expansions with no balance what so ever. Really?

    I used to come in top heals all the time but I dread healing anymore because it literally takes around 30 FULL combo points to heal fully. Who in their right mind wants to fill their bar 30 times when someone can nuke you down with a 1/3 of the amount of effort? Sound like a fun time to you?

    People who love raiding aren't forced to join warfronts to grind ANY kind of BiS gear, but people who PVP have to go back and do old raids for best in slot gear? What the fck? Heres a logical suggestion, leave pvp gear to be the best in slot for PVP.

    I can't stress the fact on how messed up it is that the PVP community has been left unattended and disregarded. Most questions are and confusions are on our own terms to discuss. I could stay quiet and adapt to how the system is and has been, but it's so backwards af that it needs to be addressed and talked about. The ball is in your court devs, you guys can make an effort to balance things out or the least let us know your paying attention, or you can continue to stay quiet and leave things super backwards but I hope one thing is clear, you're ditching a part of the game that is fundamental to success in gaming. Hate it or love it's the truth.

    Raiding is beautiful and fun, Wardrobes are nice, Dimensions are cool, but none of these beat the interactions and competitiveness that PVP brings people together (especially open world pvp) but unfortunately in this game, PVP is talked down upon because of how you guys don't acknowledge it.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    A "point breaker" I've mentioned numerous times is, the mass voted opinion that "Slayers" gear should be BEST in slot.. hands down.. No cutting corners, no small print or gimmicks.

    ~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    There is suggestions/complaints that get ignored for being fetched but this thread is simply on discussion of fair play, yet no admins here to discuss or inform the status of it.

    Is Rift:Live being ignored?
    Where is the integrity?

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    They should at least fix the T2 rings. This is by far the most ridiculous thing out of all of this considering it only benefits rogues, warriors and primalists, and therefore leaves the weaker classes even weaker.

    This has nothing to do with the bolstering system, quite clearly due to the fact they are not being bolstered at all. A bug that should have been fixed yonks ago.
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-26-2018 at 02:17 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    A "point breaker" I've mentioned numerous times is, the mass voted opinion that "Slayers" gear should be BEST in slot.. hands down.. No cutting corners, no small print or gimmicks.

    ~ Esca
    Agree. They could be lazy and just make a T2 PVP version of Slayer/jewellery with much higher stats. Leave where things get bolstered alone so the T2 PVP gear is much higher than any raid gear in PVP. That way some of the dream orb situations or rings etc wouldn't matter as the slayer gear would be higher. Just a thought.
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 07-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Even if the devs can't fulfill suggestions or ideas, it means something to let the community know they're reading or trying to work on things, but who is to guess that they even open/look into this section? lol You guys only allow "constructive criticism" but what can you expect when you ignore the people that support you?

    Rift prime is the death of Live and will be the death of the game eventually. Dev's dont even bother to address issues on Live anymore.

    Someone in tempest bay the other day said this game would be better off if they just sold the game to a different company. I coudlnt agree any further.

    What's it take to get the dev's attention?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts