+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Please nerf Farseer already.

Default Please nerf Farseer already.

This one spec is able to invalidate entire teams. It turns warfronts into snoozefest where nobody can die. There is absolutely no reason any AoE heal spec should put out so much healing that it's better than any ST heal spec in the game. This spec is more toxic for PvP than Bladedancer is, because you can at least purge BDs into uselessness. You can't do anything to farseers because of how busted Impending Fate is in PvP.
    Last edited by Xydru; 06-05-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Soulwalker

They ain't changing nothing on Live anytime soon or ever.

Whoever is in charge of balancing obviously doesnt come in and check what the community is saying. Sad. 0 interaction w/ the people who support this game even after years of people begging them to make PVP mean something in this game. Instead they revert to "Rift prime" which is a lazy way of doing things. I'm still baffled that Seastone exists. What's the point of it? No ones there anyone. Would've been nice to encourage world PVP but hey we've got rift prime instead LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    warfronts into snoozefest .
    Agreed but I think in the year iv been here or less, they haven't made any radical class changes, like with bd and so many wanting it nerfed. Crosses fingers tho for more maps or game modes

If they nerf Farseer before they nerf BD then pvp will totally go to hell. At the moment the heals are the only thing helping to combat them and at least give people a fighting chance.

What is worse is the matchmaking when it puts the only healers on the same side leaving one team with no heals and I have seen this happen a lot lately. Usually I play my primalist to balance out the heals and make things fairer and cringe when the uneven matchmaking happens.
    Purrr@Deepwood, Meowie@Deepwood, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    If they nerf Farseer before they nerf BD then pvp will totally go to hell. At the moment the heals are the only thing helping to combat them and at least give people a fighting chance.

What is worse is the matchmaking when it puts the only healers on the same side leaving one team with no heals and I have seen this happen a lot lately. Usually I play my primalist to balance out the heals and make things fairer and cringe when the uneven matchmaking happens.
    I shudder to say something. Hopefully Farseer won't become the Chihuahua of heals, lol. As I see it, Farseer is a plus to tackle the other imbalance in the game. Pvp was nearly destroyed with what players like Balls were doing on the wf. We almost lost what few were left.

I agree. Match-making is out of whack. I'm thinking this may be b/c of what's left of the the population. But some errors should be obvious. Such as, when there are teams w/ 3 Farseers on one side and one on the other, neither in a pm. It would seem, the system, at a basic function checks and balances the hp to dps to tank roles. The other issue is where one team is composed of mostly top dps, while the opposing team has mid to lower range dps and fresh 65s. Its a death trap for that team. Even if they win, (and its likely they won't), they're farmed over and over. For this team's chances, a Farseer might extend hp to kick off higher dps blocking goals.

Another scenario is placing one top dps on one team, while most are far lower. This works if a good bd is the top dps. They slice through players w/ ease. But otherwise, that player will will need supporting dps. If they are stuck on a lower dps team, its not fair to them nor the team. Especially if up against a bd, it will be difficult. And as a side note, its bad news on scoreboards that bds kill 3-4 times as many as other dps. This really needs balance, so there is more evening of the scales among the classes. And also there needs to be multiple levels on both sides as much as can be. Everyone can play at their own ability, but still make a difference. Then there isn't a need for Farseer to be as pumped. But when the scoreboard reflects one team making all the kbs, And 0-0-0-0 for the one team, classes and team composition are clearly not proportioned.

If Rift is doing broken specs, why can't there be one broken spec in each class?
    Its a suckfest that mostly bd is reigning rn w/ a few warriors and a few Primas doing big damage. Allow other classes to shine also. Someone whipped out their rarely played shaman in a WFalls and proceeded to kick some nice patooty recently. They couldn't play it for long b/c in that time frame, it was getting pops as the top dps on teams w/ far lower dps. Once it encountered the slicer, it was no match b/c they would've needed supporting dps or a support spec just to impede the slicer then reach objcs.
    Last edited by Sails; 06-07-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    fjmfmmft

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    They ain't changing nothing on Live anytime soon or ever.

Whoever is in charge of balancing obviously doesnt come in and check what the community is saying. Sad. 0 interaction w/ the people who support this game even after years of people begging them to make PVP mean something in this game. Instead they revert to "Rift prime" which is a lazy way of doing things. I'm still baffled that Seastone exists. What's the point of it? No ones there anyone. Would've been nice to encourage world PVP but hey we've got rift prime instead LOL.
    Actually, after the last class dev left Trion decided to hire more folks dedicated specifically to classes. It takes time for them to get a handle on the entire system, they are just getting to a point where they can implement more drastic changes. With that said, Trion decided it would be best to keep these new folks hidden from the community. So your accusation of "whoever is in charge of balancing obviously doesn't come in and check" isn't correct. The relationship between both Trion and the player base is very toxic that it makes sense why they would do this. It's a two-way street and both sides are at fault for this.

Not that I am a fan of Trion or Rift by any means, but what you said still doesn't make sense or is correct. Although both Prime and Live are at the same point now, lack of content and population dwindling each day. Entire guilds quitting and such.

A note to op, any significant changes to live will not be happening for quite some time. Their direction atm is to look at eternals, legendaries, and fragments again. The priority for class balancing on live is also Warrior>Cleric>Everything else.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post

Clerics can easily shut down BDs without making everyone else in the match wondering why they even bother queuing.

Default ?

Clerics can easily shut down BDs without making everyone else in the match wondering why they even bother queuing.
    How can clerics easily shut down bds?
    fjmfmmft

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    How can clerics easily shut down bds?
    Cabalist has Sigil of Woe + Dominion + Sigil of Catastrophy for an easy 8 AoE "burst" purges on 15s/60s/60s CDs, respectively.
    Defiler + Inq can do a 4 buff purge on 10s cd, or 2 buff purge each on 10s CD.
    Druid with Fairy Seer Conduit of Nature can purge 2 buffs every 8s with Inq offsoul. They can also use Fae Mimicry to cast it twice without it going on CD every 25s for a 6 buff purge.
    Runeshaper can purge 1 buff on no cooldown. They can use legendary Rune of Impending Doom every 20s to purge on 1s GCD, and Runelord's Inscription every 2 minutes.

If you have someone you can coordinate purges with or purge right when they refresh (or CC to cause them to miss their refresh), it's pretty easy to strip BDs of their buffs, but sometimes they actually pay attention and keep their buffs protected with stuff so it might take a little longer. Runeshaper is the most reliable, but will probably end up getting the Beastmaster treatment in the future. Cab is usually pretty good at stripping buffs off of them but if there's more than one, or if they know what you're up to, you'll probably need help getting Blade and Soul Parity/Fated Blades purged.
    Last edited by Xydru; 06-07-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Actually, after the last class dev left Trion decided to hire more folks dedicated specifically to classes. It takes time for them to get a handle on the entire system, they are just getting to a point where they can implement more drastic changes. With that said, Trion decided it would be best to keep these new folks hidden from the community. So your accusation of "whoever is in charge of balancing obviously doesn't come in and check" isn't correct. The relationship between both Trion and the player base is very toxic that it makes sense why they would do this. It's a two-way street and both sides are at fault for this.
    Regardless of who's working on balances or who is in charge of balances, there is still no one in staff responding to the massive amount of feedback that the community speaks on here in the forums and in game. Complaint after complaint, suggestion after suggestion, conversation after conversation. Business as usual. PVP is a fundamental part of most multiplayer games and it's what draws people to be apart of a multiplayer game.

The community has a right to state their opinions good or bad and if one is toxic or all of them are toxic, you can't blame the community for that. The community is what supports the game. With that said, your statement on who's to blame for is incorrect because with out the community there is no game. So yeah, this very much looks like a one way street.

My accusation holds weight as of now, show me proof of when anything about PVP balances or anything related was addressed by ANY staff member @trion and Ill retract my statement.

Soulwalker

Also, it seems that when Primalist heals get brought up, Bladedancer gets brought up aswell. Unfortunately, BD is one of the very few specs that can keep up (damage wise) but almost every other spec is just throwing feathers at primeheals. How are people supposed to keep up with 8k-10k heals, when most of the population dings 6-7k dps.

The damage reduction makes for a really boring time in warfronts. I saw someone today that came back from a 2 year break quit in the middle of a warfront because they thought it was absurd that they couldn't do anything as far as healing goes. I can relate. My physician spec in PVP can literally take 25 to 30 (5 point) combo points to get from 0 to full health. Think about that... 30x... Sounds fun to you?

Throwing a rock in a river here and hope that someones listening at trion, PLEASE GET RID OF FRAGMENTS IN PVP. Theres no need for them and it bridges a big gap between those who have never roll anything good.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Throwing a rock in a river here and hope that someones listening at trion, PLEASE GET RID OF FRAGMENTS
    Fixed it for you
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Touched

Regardless of who's working on balances or who is in charge of balances, there is still no one in staff responding to the massive amount of feedback that the community speaks on here in the forums and in game. Complaint after complaint, suggestion after suggestion, conversation after conversation. Business as usual. PVP is a fundamental part of most multiplayer games and it's what draws people to be apart of a multiplayer game.

The community has a right to state their opinions good or bad and if one is toxic or all of them are toxic, you can't blame the community for that. The community is what supports the game. With that said, your statement on who's to blame for is incorrect because with out the community there is no game. So yeah, this very much looks like a one way street.

My accusation holds weight as of now, show me proof of when anything about PVP balances or anything related was addressed by ANY staff member @trion and Ill retract my statement.
    I mean when individuals in the community tell devs to off themselves, I guess it's still a one-way street, right? Yea, without a community there wouldn't be a game. But without the company behind the game, there wouldn't be a game.

I never said feedback wasn't welcome, but people have taken it too far and the relationship between Trion and the community has been severed. It was mending on other platforms via Discord and communication was a thing. But that ended as well.

To get back on topic, any actual changes on live will still take time. Many months. Since they scrapped iGSB, any actual content end game wise for live won't be seen for months. The last new content for PVP was the new warfront, and now since that is out, I don't believe there to be much more. The same goes for looking at class balancing. Just my opinion though.

Just posting my opinion to let you know not to keep your hopes up. You will be let down.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Default LOL Bladedancer

Cabalist has Sigil of Woe + Dominion + Sigil of Catastrophe for an easy 8 AoE "burst" purges on 15s/60s/60s CDs, respectively. <snip>
    Spoiler!

If you have someone you can coordinate purges with or purge right when they refresh (or CC to cause them to miss their refresh), it's pretty easy to strip BDs of their buffs, but sometimes they actually pay attention and keep their buffs protected with stuff so it might take a little longer.<snip>
    Spoiler!

<snip>if they know what you're up to, you'll probably need help getting Blade and Soul Parity/Fated Blades purged.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I mean when individuals in the community tell devs to off themselves, I guess it's still a one-way street, right? Yea, without a community there wouldn't be a game. But without the company behind the game, there wouldn't be a game.

I never said feedback wasn't welcome, but people have taken it too far and the relationship between Trion and the community has been severed. It was mending on other platforms via Discord and communication was a thing. But that ended as well.

To get back on topic, any actual changes on live will still take time. Many months. Since they scrapped iGSB, any actual content end game wise for live won't be seen for months. The last new content for PVP was the new warfront, and now since that is out, I don't believe there to be much more. The same goes for looking at class balancing. Just my opinion though.

Just posting my opinion to let you know not to keep your hopes up. You will be let down.
    If a few people are toxic it's understandable, that's normal, nothings perfect but if there is an entire community that is toxic then there must be a reason for it. Communication is important and whether people agree or disagree, chiming in and letting the community know that they're paying attention goes a long way.

There are many gaming companies out there. The communities are what make these companies succeed. Trion NEEDS the community, it's not the other way around. Your statement is incorrect once again. The solution is to face adversity and deal with negativity head on, not hide from it. Hiding from it only makes things worse, hence why they get those nasty comments.

I pvp on a daily basis and I have yet to see someone say they really enjoy the new warfront. I've seen many people puzzled about the new WF. The new warfront would have been great for a 2vs2 3vs3 or small groups. I would much rather see world pvp but world pvp has been dead since post dendrome era.

For someone who doesn't work at trion, you have no idea how long things actually take. You're mostly likely going off of how they've done things in the past. Balance changes compared to new classes/warfronts or just any new content shouldn't be expected to take months lol. Things are already inplace, it's just a numbers issue.

Lastly, I don't need your opinion, I've BEEN aware not to have high hopes about this game for years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast