+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Please nerf Farseer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    At the moment the heals are the only thing helping to combat them and at least give people a fighting chance.
    I don't see that when I play. I can run from balls but I can't out dps 2 healers lol

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    If they nerf Farseer before they nerf BD then pvp will totally go to hell. At the moment the heals are the only thing helping to combat them and at least give people a fighting chance.
    nivlak, rootloci, and maybe 1 or 2 others are the only people still playing BD now that balls has "allegedly" quit

their reign of terror is still annoying but BD is almost a non-issue now, especially since most remaining rogues deliberately choose to not play it (thank you fugz et al.) (note: BD still needs to be adjusted)

Quote Originally Posted by UntoldAbyss View Post
    I don't see that when I play. I can run from balls but I can't out dps 2 healers lol
    an entire team can hardly out DPS 1 farseer

this isn't just a player issue - when you have to stack the few outperforming DPS specs and players on a farseer (edit: or the farseer's target) and still can't kill, it's time to revisit the drawing board
    Last edited by Vichtem; 06-08-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichtem View Post
    nivlak, rootloci, and maybe 1 or 2 others are the only people still playing BD now that balls has "allegedly" quit

their reign of terror is still annoying but BD is almost a non-issue now, especially since most remaining rogues deliberately choose to not play it (thank you fugz et al.) (note: BD still needs to be adjusted)
    I just like when the BD's (I can name off one hand) try to tell people that they are bad for not playing it. I personally have played almost all the FoTM specs in this game for pvp. Out of all of them i once tried BD a little after 4.0. For about 2 hours it was then where i knew the spec was the most op broken spec overall for a dps roles iv ever played.

It felt very dirty, the fact that i got 15 KBs in like 30 second. Yes, the other side had no skilled players or healers. The other side was grouped up perfect for me to just wipe them out like it was nothing. Was a very unfair match do to match making also. With the right group that is how it can happen, it put a really bad taste in my mouth. To this day i am very outspoken on how this spec is broken and will never use it for pvp.

I feel people that play BD have the personality of a selfish control freak, that has to look the best, be the best, has no consideration for others, or this game.

Thank you for the mention, i feel for once someone actually listened to me.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    If you have someone you can coordinate purges with or purge right when they refresh (or CC to cause them to miss their refresh), it's pretty easy to strip BDs of their buffs, but sometimes they actually pay attention and keep their buffs protected with stuff so it might take a little longer. .
    Most people do not want to play a spec's that have purges unfortunately.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    If a few people are toxic it's understandable, that's normal, nothings perfect but if there is an entire community that is toxic then there must be a reason for it. Communication is important and whether people agree or disagree, chiming in and letting the community know that they're paying attention goes a long way.

There are many gaming companies out there. The communities are what make these companies succeed. Trion NEEDS the community, it's not the other way around. Your statement is incorrect once again. The solution is to face adversity and deal with negativity head on, not hide from it. Hiding from it only makes things worse, hence why they get those nasty comments.

I pvp on a daily basis and I have yet to see someone say they really enjoy the new warfront. I've seen many people puzzled about the new WF. The new warfront would have been great for a 2vs2 3vs3 or small groups. I would much rather see world pvp but world pvp has been dead since post dendrome era.

For someone who doesn't work at trion, you have no idea how long things actually take. You're mostly likely going off of how they've done things in the past. Balance changes compared to new classes/warfronts or just any new content shouldn't be expected to take months lol. Things are already inplace, it's just a numbers issue.

Lastly, I don't need your opinion, I've BEEN aware not to have high hopes about this game for years.
    Lol my opinion was towards the op in regards to not keep their hopes up. Assuming is never good. So your assumption on me "going off how they've done things in the past" is wrong. You do realize the Rift team consists of 20-30 individuals and the actual devs count is down to single digits. Trying to produce content for a mmo as large as rift with 1-9 individuals is pretty rough. Compared to in previous years where the team was much larger. Tacitus also points out it's not all programming at the backend of Rift, it's a lot of raw data. which is time-consuming. You're right these things are not expected to take months, but with something called common sense you can quickly figure out that the amount of folks developing the game is lacking, which means content will lack. Leading to me to say that it will take months for things like this. This wasn't an assumption but an educated guess with the publicly known info of the Rift team. And with the speculation that Icarus was the dev that left recently, well you can clearly see that the number of devs is dwindling, again meaning large gaps between content. There were 2.5 rift raid devs, until one left. So 1-1.5 raid devs remaining. Considering raids are Rifts main point, and they have 1-1.5 devs for the biggest part of the game, it's easy to tell that the other areas cleary lack devs. Unless they hired more folks behind the scenes, which I really hope they have.

My point was that with the given info, it will actually take months for things you'd like to see. Is it acceptable? Heck no. Should it happen? Heck no. But it is and more than likely will happen considering the last raid was in Oct, next planned raid was scrapped, and no actual pvp updates in a long long time, aside from that meh warfront.

Sorry for going way off topic, by the way, anyone else who reads this.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 06-08-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by UntoldAbyss View Post
    I think I can safely say, if you're running from Balls, your damage can't counter his. How then should you be able to out dps 2 healers? Farseers, and all heals are there for a team's efforts to win. I dunno what the output should be. But if they can't perform at a level that maintains a team, what good will they be? Players constantly focus and troll heals. They're target #1. Having sufficient ability to maintain when on a team (like 77% of the time) that doesn't peel or doesn't have enough dps to, is challenging for heals. So a good healing spec, should endure huge damage at least for some seconds. Not to mention, they don't have much counter to repeated purges and ccs. If they oppose a good team, they will be constantly locked down. Heals need to be sustainable til they can be unlocked. No one wants to heal b/c most don't want this nor do they want to be farmed. For it to be worth it to a healer, they should be able to have a little fun actually existing instead of being the a sock-it toy for players trying to get their rocks off on a healer.

Before Farseer became more popular, a certain dominating force, who shall remain nameless, made wfs dry and hostile. Just no fun. Other healing specs couldn't keep up with the Bd they were running. Even some popular dps avoided them. And wfs lost more players for this. Farseer helped level things out. Now that they are on a hideatus, (ahem) hiatus wfs seem more homeostatic and enjoyable. Its interesting how the Reign of Terror has been forgotten so fast. It only stopped like a couple weeks ago. Frankly tho, with Bd being so op, any proficient bd can start another Reign of Terror if they so choose. Luckily the remaining Bds don't seem as vitriolic. But this is why it needs nerfing.

The other thing is that Farseer sometimes bridges gaps that match-making errors make in team composition. If one is on a team then with 2 players against 5 they stand a chance. I mention this b/c these kind of matches have been coming up a lot lately. But then again smaller teams may end up with no heals at all. Maybe Farseer is yanked up too high, but lots of issues on wfs have to do with class imbalance, match-making errors, player performance/skill/character progression, ineffective strategy or no strategy at all, and other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichtem View Post

an entire team can hardly out DPS 1 farseer

this isn't just a player issue - when you have to stack the few outperforming DPS specs and players on a farseer (edit: or the farseer's target) and still can't kill, it's time to revisit the drawing board
    Is a bit exaggerated,imo. Maybe in a cross heal kinda wf a team will have problems bringing a Farseer down. Or if a Farseer themselves strategizes to pm w/ a high level dps to frontline for them making it harder to get to them. Or if an opposing team's dps is real low and no skill. But there is like one or two, who last far longer than the rest. Most can come down when against an entire coordinated team. If you check the scoreboard, even chart topping Farseers are wiped often.
    Last edited by Sails; 06-09-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Well it's quite noticeable that Primalist healers trump other healers quite considerably to the point it's painfully OP. Unfortunately I don't know enough about Primalist's to make any suggestions. As always you have to be careful due to PvE balance, but from what I know they're fairly strong when played well! They're also not in Prime, so Trion have no restrictions in that regard.

One thing I have noticed; they seem to have an ability that has a long cast or channel. It was called Nature's something(?), it had a blue bar and is uninterruptible, though it doesn't look like they are casting anything. Where's the bug there? The fact it's uninterruptible? The fact it's showing a cast/channel bar when it's neither one of these? Or the fact they've already stopped casting but it continues to show the bar?
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-10-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    [spoiler] Sadly Dominion will not affect Catastrophe..
    Dominion never effected sigil of catastrophe. You could never cast this over and over and over again like the other sigils. They just added ruin and binding to it with the nerf. Many of the most important buffs in the game are purge and interrupt resistant especially for the martial classes because some of those buffs became immune to purge, get hidden behind passively stacking buffs or easily hidden behind other buffs.

Classes who find ways to make themselves useful even though they are non competitive with the OP classes in PvP somehow find themselves nerfed. Like what happen to dominion. Cleric having some of the worse healing souls for pvp, and some of the easiest souls to shut down in pvp are especially targeted.

It has been rogue and primalist on live for awhile both in raids and pvp that needed to be looked into. Nothing can be done about it until we have devs consider practical use and are much more fair when they look at the performance charts in practical use scenarios.

Also, some mechanics are very misleading about the class. For instance, defiler deals damage to itself then heals itself. So just recently on live stream we have complaints about that mechanic as the charts at the end of each match could have them sitting at the most damage taken and most healing received. This is an obscure mechanic that is very misleading and has been used as a way to complain about cleric even though in practical use defiler in pvp doesn't perform as well in Killing Power or healing as the other OP classes.

Their threat in PvP is very low but data is being used manipulatively to show that they are OP. They also get greatly impacted by cleanses as their damage is based off of Randomly Generator stacks by how many dots are up on many players at a time which is very bad mechanic as the killing power comes so much later than that of other classes who have instant controllable burst and based off one shot mechanics.

First thing they should be fixing or developing is a very very comprehensive sensor system to determine outliers so the management can easily see what is going on without bias interpretations, cherry picking or data manipulation. Sensors are everything in MMO and many of the leaderboards have been broken or not used much. You can't rely on just players or people in general as they can be wrong many times over, very short sighted or even worse very bias and stuck on "old classical style" thinking which does not belong in the current Rift meta or in Rift in general with a very robust soul system.

The idea that some classes should be top dps and other should be top at tanking and others should be better at support and others should be better at healing doesn't work in a game that has become massively gated by rng, planar fragments and incredibly immense grind. Players can not adapt naturally for the flaws and imbalances because now they are soft locked from multiclassing or even role locked with fragment system and rng + grind.

The way the game worked in the past was if a class was OP you would see a huge change happen in the raid makeup of pvp and pve. There would be more players switching to those classes until they got nerfed. It increased the replay value of the game tremendously but in SFP this rarely happens. More people are stuck with whatever meta the devs put out and are SOL if they invested a ton in a class that is underperforming or unwanted so many just chose and in many cases were forced to stop playing. Let's face facts you can invest in a class 2 to 3x more and still get outperformed in the current meta because of really terrible class balancing.

Then there is the fear when investing in another class which can also become near obsolete due to a meta shift. No one wants to play a game with that possibility and it has been happening all along for awhile now so more and more people are forced to leave even if they want to stay. Like it was posted in other threads your raid make up would consist of only bringing one cleric or one warrior and one mage and the rest being rogues and primalist for the best results. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-23-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Soulwalker

If you can hit me for 30k, I should be able to heal for 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurokusaki View Post
    If you can hit me for 30k, I should be able to heal for 30k.
    This is the crux of the issue isn't it. There are some pretty heavy hitters out there so how are we supposed to heal thru them. Healers are getting a pretty raw deal atm especially primalists, they get beat upon every match (hardly anyone peels for healers anymore), they are expected to keep the whole team alive (while trying to stay alive themselves because of the four+ people beating on them), take abuse via whispers when people unfortunately die, take abuse in team chat because you didnt heal them quick enough, take abuse from other team because your hard to kill, yes its fun to play heals.

I have stepped into a match and immediately had someone from my own team put sad face icon on my head before i have even moved, that makes me feel so unappreciated, yet that person will undoubtably want to be healed. Also people telling who i can and cant heal, like omg this is our team you cant pick and choose who your gonna heal or not and I cant be the only primalist healer encountering this toxicity, we didnt invent primalist it was a soul available that we chose to use, so how about everyone point the aggression towards the makers and not to the players themselves who are just trying to help out their team and have some fun.

Personally I would like to see wf's Dps only NO HEALS, NO TANKS, just pure DP's maybe then everyone would quit whining, but then again people will find something else to whine about.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Telaran

Farseer for healing and BD for DPS are really the only huge outliers in PvP. If these two were tweaked for PvP there would still be issues but balance would at least be close enough. If these end up still being the best I dont mind but like 10% better not 300% better at healing or DPS.

I watched Zythix (Farseer) outheal an entire team with three healers on the other side. He is pretty damn good but it still should not be possible regardless of skill.

It's beyond ridiculous how far ahead primalists are over other healers.

Hard to believe Trion has let it go on this long.

Best part? When 3 primalist healers are on one side.

Sit in spawn...

Telaran

Lol Zythx, just out healed another whole team.

It's been a while since I last played farseer , unless the class got a big revamp, from what I recall , everything that makes a farseer OP can be purged .

The heal that automatically jumps to the next lowest player when hurt, can be purged;
    the buff that makes heal 400% more potent can be purged;
    all the CD buffs that amplifies the healing amount can be purged;
    the self rez/emergency heal buff thing can be purged also.

Also, farseers are much less mobile than the mage heal spec and much easier to be on CC lock down than both clr and mage healers from personal experience . As mage healer, one can easily port out of your los up a cliff and run away, or fetch someone op to kill the enemy dps or rift tomb you etc etc. Farseers kinda have to just take the beating and hope you run out of hp before they do. That's why there were 2 roots on the hotbar back when I played farseer, it seemed to help a alot against melee enemies .

Every class has it's pros and cons, sometimes you just have to work as a team in certain situations. Someone will have to sacrifice some fluff numbers to purge / cc a rog or farseer, but in pug wfs that doesn't happen very often .
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    It's been a while since I last played farseer , unless the class got a big revamp, from what I recall , everything that makes a farseer OP can be purged .

The heal that automatically jumps to the next lowest player when hurt, can be purged;
    the buff that makes heal 400% more potent can be purged;
    all the CD buffs that amplifies the healing amount can be purged;
    the self rez/emergency heal buff thing can be purged also.

Also, farseers are much less mobile than the mage heal spec and much easier to be on CC lock down than both clr and mage healers from personal experience . As mage healer, one can easily port out of your los up a cliff and run away, or fetch someone op to kill the enemy dps or rift tomb you etc etc. Farseers kinda have to just take the beating and hope you run out of hp before they do. That's why there were 2 roots on the hotbar back when I played farseer, it seemed to help a alot against melee enemies .

Every class has it's pros and cons, sometimes you just have to work as a team in certain situations. Someone will have to sacrifice some fluff numbers to purge / cc a rog or farseer, but in pug wfs that doesn't happen very often .
    In practice everything you said, isn't the case against a good farseer like Zythx. Go PvP and you will see.
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 09-25-2018 at 02:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast