+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A primalist garden.

Shadowlander

Default A primalist garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlQpQ1zs50g&t=1s

PvP on rift live is, has and will continue to be a disaster.

I completely understand that when people pay for new content/souls, there is obviously going to be certain strengths that don't match up with the older classes/souls at level 70, but when any class that is under leveled (65-69) can out heal a fully geared level 70 or even 2 or 3 people, What is there much to say about the state of PVP? Let me just go spend money and discourage everyone who plays for free??

There are so many things that are backwards AF in PVP Live. (ex. the use of 65 items being better than actual lvl 70 gear)

The bolstering of stats is maybe something that's required in PVP but the way percentages are currently set up = FAIL.

You'd figure that with the amount of criticism and complaints people post here on the forums, they'd tweak/patch something by now to encourage players to be happy w/ PVP but nope.

Now a little context on the YouTube video

I solo queued and was placed VS a team full of primalists w/ 1 warrior.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the beginning of the warfront where everyone on my team got rolled but you get a good idea of what it's like to be against a team full of Primalists.

My apologies for the camera angles, my mouse is old and it was spazzing out as I recorded.

Notice the score for both teams in the video...
    The amount of discourage is too damn high.

SIDE NOTE **I highly doubt this was a pre-made group
    WP staff.

You have to acknowledge that these days its the luck of the draw as to how a match goes and pot luck whos on your side.

I agree that primalist heals are op but lets face it theres not many healers left and yes she gets bolstered cause shes not 70 yet but hell we take a beating since its beat on any healer open season and be glad some of us can take the beating for as long as we can to keep the rest of you alive. I get booed when I heal and I get booed when I don't, so the fact is we are great if you have one on your team and we are rubbish when on the other side...so cant win lol.

Today I had a match where I was the only healer on my team and the other side had 3 healers so how is that fair to? Also racked up 12 mill heals in one match then the next couldn't do hardly anything cause i couldn't keep myself alive so its very lopsided and the matchmaking is non existent. All one can do is hope the next match is better.

I think there are a lot more things need fixing than heals and to be honest I dont see that many primalists in matches and if they nerf them then rogues must be next then mages then warriors ..where does it stop.

Also dont get the Paid the money comment..It was a purchasable class I bet if they put out another class in the future heaps of people will buy that one and then we will all moan about that one being op.

Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Shadowlander

My concern is not just with healing tho, it also includes damage. The fact that under leveled primalists can dish out high numbers with out any actual 70 gear is unbalanced.

LVL 70 primalists will be strong, I understand this. I have nothing to complain about as they've earned working themselves up to that point. My issue is more or so with the current state of PVP.

The way items get bolstered is cringey bad. Sometimes I question if I should just toss out my level 70 shoulders and neck and grab the LvL 65 pieces that certain people use in Warfronts.

For people who raid, you've got to do a ton of grinding doing dungeons first then move up to raids in order to get the best gear and there's different levels to each gear. In pvp it's all the same gear, the only grind is the favor grind to get the slayer set... it'd be nice to have Prestige unlock better gear or have a new system in place but that's "work" and who knows how many people actually work on this.

TTK and healing needs re-work and people have been *****ing about this for the longest, yet no one from Trion bothers to engage with pvp community about these issues. Not a surprise as they've ignored this part of the community for years.

I understand matchmaking is all random, no issues here.. I only posted the video to show what's it like to be against a team decked out w/ primalists. Healers of different classes are everywhere... now if you're talking about primalists healers in general, yes there maybe a handful of them but you usually need 2-3 people just to take one down... There's 2 of them in the video I linked and one of them actually alternates from heals to dps and still manages to to pull high numbers regardless of the spec.

Rift Disciple

One thing is very important to realize: Big gear/stat differences lead to low-quality PvP.
    So if you want the highest quality PvP, then everybody should have the same stats.
    In this case surprisingly lvl 65-69s got better offensive stats than lvl 70s, but this also applies to fresh lvl 70s vs fully geared lvl 70s. Allowing lvl 65-69 in the lvl 70-queue without proper bolstering was a bad idea.

Of course people want some sort of progression, but the stat differences are simply to big. So all PvP gear and bolstering needs a rework. I'd recommend more PvP gear, but reduce the stat difference between no gear and fully geared. Something like 10% stat difference would be reasonable.
    Last edited by Dico; 03-30-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Totally agree that PvP should have its own gear full stop. I dont get this 4 pieces of lvl 65 crap being BIS for pvp it should be addressed and removed. And its about time the contents of boxes was updated to at least add some consumables or some new type of pvp gear to add incentive to win matches as im sick of vendoring the same old gear I keep getting its such a waste.

The bolstering system really needs a overhaul, I understand they dont want new players to feel like cannon fodder but new players also shouldn't surpass fully geared lvl 70 players either because whats the incentive to lvl to 70 when i can choose not to lvl and stay uber.

I still live in hope of changes not ready to give up yet.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstoner View Post
    The way items get bolstered is cringey bad. Sometimes I question if I should just toss out my level 70 shoulders and neck and grab the LvL 65 pieces that certain people use in Warfronts.
    Whoa, what? This majorly demotivating, system destroying, gear integrity undermining problem is still in the live game?

*acts surprised*
    *look of incredulity turns to shock and horror*

Oh my....
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Shadowlander

I'd like to think people at trion who work on rift see these kind of posts and talk it out but seeing as there is no interaction with the community it's safe to say they don't or could care less.

Shadowlander

Talking no premade?

does a 2 man premade counts
    Last edited by nalisha; 06-11-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    Totally agree that PvP should have its own gear full stop. I dont get this 4 pieces of lvl 65 crap being BIS for pvp it should be addressed and removed.
    Same,i want to go to the shop and buy bis with my favor u know, not run comet of ahnket....and I don't know enough about fragments to cry about them but a higher drop rate would be really great...... Like PB and bananas great

Is there any chance someone could give a full list of BiS items for PvP? I see a lot of complaining about lvl 65 items but I actually don't know which these are.

The only one I guess I'm aware of is the warmonger's trinket, but not because it gives more stats (it doesn't when I compare) but because it's worth it for the activation, though I haven't had chance to properly test it.

What does Comet of Ankhet got in it that's so valuable?

I also heard of T2 earings were giving more stats as it wasn't being scaled down, but again when i tested it vs reaper this was not to be the case. Hot fixed? Or a silly rumour? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-14-2018 at 05:36 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

DST
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Is there any chance someone could give a full list of BiS items for PvP? I see a lot of complaining about lvl 65 items but I actually don't know which these are.

The only one I guess I'm aware of is the warmonger's trinket, but not because it gives more stats (it doesn't when I compare) but because it's worth it for the activation, though I haven't had chance to properly test it.

What does Comet of Ankhet got in it that's so valuable?

I also heard of T2 earings were giving more stats as it wasn't being scaled down, but again when i tested it vs reaper this was not to be the case. Hot fixed? Or a silly rumour? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    It's not that big a deal (except the earrings* and old 65 warmonger trinket). the difference between shoulders is a couple hundred AP pretty much. The biggest discrepancies are souls - (for example I play warrior) some are viable (paragon, warlord) while others are completely useless (reaver, tempest) - and fragments (someone with 0 fragments is going to not do as much as they could with a full set of lvl 15 frags).

*The T2 & carnival earrings were not scaled down at all last time I checked, but i'll do a re-check since you've mentioned not seeing a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    It's not that big a deal (except the earrings* and old 65 warmonger trinket). the difference between shoulders is a couple hundred AP pretty much. The biggest discrepancies are souls - (for example I play warrior) some are viable (paragon, warlord) while others are completely useless (reaver, tempest) - and fragments (someone with 0 fragments is going to not do as much as they could with a full set of lvl 15 frags).

*The T2 & carnival earrings were not scaled down at all last time I checked, but i'll do a re-check since you've mentioned not seeing a difference.
    Please do check, as I've definitely tested the earings and I'm getting slightly more from BiS reaper.

I would also slightly disagree with fragments. I've been working hard on PvP fragments, leveling them all to 15. And the differences to the standardised bolstering is not so significant. It's only until you get CP on all your lvl 3 and 4 fragments then you start noticing some differences (considering how strong CP is), but currently I've never found a t2 or t1 pvp fragment, I don't think it's possible! Or if it is, it's so rare that's not even worth considering to aim for.
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-14-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Maltie sum it up in the "Stas in pvp ?" post in this pvp section
    for the 65 pve earings, they are good/valuable if you have 65 orbs+ 65runes on them (so you have to have your 65 reputations). if you don't have 65 pve earings, use your best 70 pve earings, and if you don't have this, use 70 pvp ones.
    same for the 65 warmonger trinket, you have runes to put on it and it's the same rules for the 65 pve stuff that Maltie is talking about : if you don't put orbs and runes on it, better use the 70 pvp stuff.
    about fragments, someone post somewhere a classification of T1 2 3 4 5... fragments for each classes/souls : as warrior you will prefer a T3 death pc over a T1 death strengh(don' know if they exist, just an example) for example (this is a pve classification but you've got the idear for pvp)
    as DST pointed out, it's more your class/souls that make the difference(if you already have a solid 70 pvp stuff + level 15 pvp fragments) a lot of potions, Rage'sreliquary of the intel version+ philters that ar not on the same cooldwon of your classic potions or the 4s speed potions+ harmonisation small heals/shield, etc etc etc...you may play one of the weakest class, with stuff and your inqui spec+purge you can be a pain as BD to play again(for my pov)

don't hate me for this perfect english

It would be so much easier to check gear if CQ was open on PTS, having to join wf's and check stacks during the wait time at the start gets tedious.

Still, just check my reply here for the list Musclepig provided.

If they ever put CQ back on live it would make it a lot easier ;) And doing warfronts are insanely boring now, so
    Nixia@Greybriar

Well I can tell you now I have the overlord ring from T2 stashes, and it's not as good as reaper. I swap in and out in wf, and the stats are higher for reaper.

So I really dont know what the hell you guys are on about. i'll have to test the others.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast