+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: So I Come Back And See Rift PvP is Worse Than Ever

Soulwalker

Default So I Come Back And See Rift PvP is Worse Than Ever

Here's what's wrong with Rift PvP in 2018 (Prime server):

1) Trion, in all their brilliance, decided to delete several warfronts from the game. Karthan and Library are both gone. I know a lot of people had issues with Port Scion, but it didn't need to be deleted either. When's the last time Trion deleted PvE content? Yeah, that'll be never.

2) No PvP gear. Why do you force us to raid to stay geared? This might come as a surprise to trion, but some people in the world don't really WANT to raid. And before you say "This is a PvE game, bro" look at the success PvP games have on the market. MOBA's are far bigger than any MMO. Thus, it would behoove Trion to at least attempt to cater to the PvP base in some way. Rift never was a huge PvP MMO, I get it. But it didn't used to be all that bad in the 2011-2013 era.

3) Old Whitefall was better. It was one of the most fun WF's in it's old state (when stones spawned at each base). The middle zerg thing is no fun. The fact they nerfed "stone runner specs" was also extremely lame.

4) No open world PvP. Trion should have made Prime a PvP server, or at LEAST gave us PvP zones. Nope, too intimidating for so many players I guess (run to your safe spaces, kids, I know this triggers you).

5) CQ has been deleted. While I personally hated CQ, why delete it? Lots of kids enjoyed it and it seems idiotic to remove it.

6) No kind of ranked PvP. (I know it was removed some while back). Another mistake. Even if it wasn't that popular, that is still no reason to delete it. I am sure there are raids that are rarely cleared anymore, but I don't see Trion deleting raids.

There you have it. Six reasons Rift PvP is a failure. Only Trion could screw it up this badly. L O f'n L

1) Karthan Ridge and Library were not part of RIFT launch and will be added during the server progression when it's time. My 200 legacy achievements also prove that plenty of PvE content has been changed, replaced or removed.

2) I see a level 50 epic PvP gear vendor in Meridian. PvE wise there is only Expert gear available so far, so they are on par.

3) That's a personal opinion, I think there were
    some problems in the original whitefall such as premades camping in base with the stone and just farm enemies until the end.

4) The dead live pvp servers show how much this is wanted (and they died well before f2p).

5) CQ had several issues at the end (especially when 5 man premades won every CQ during night time and thus the rewards were reduced) . On gamescom it was mentioned that a new improved CQ might come sometime this year.

6) There was only 1 ranked warfront that came somewhere during SL and was never played (there were also no rewards tho). I wish we could get Arena like in WoW.

I do agree that PvP should get some love, but please do your homework before ranting.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    1) Karthan Ridge and Library were not part of RIFT launch and will be added during the server progression when it's time. My 200 legacy achievements also prove that plenty of PvE content has been changed, replaced or removed.
    Port Scion was, but that was removed, which he mentioned but you seemed to have missed.

And last I checked Blighted Antechamber wasn't a part of launch either and that wasn't added during the progression of the server?

Grats on your legacy achievements though I guess.

2) I see a level 50 epic PvP gear vendor in Meridian. PvE wise there is only Expert gear available so far, so they are on par.
    You mean the gear w/ no valor or vengeance and isnt just junkier expert gear atm?

He specifically said: "But it didn't used to be all that bad in the 2011-2013 era."

Pvp gear = pvp stats at that time.

4) The dead live pvp servers show how much this is wanted (and they died well before f2p).
    Died before F2P? They removed PvP Rifts and most dailies but they certainly weren't dead. Were you playing before F2P on the pvp servers?

5) CQ had several issues at the end (especially when 5 man premades won every CQ during night time and thus the rewards were reduced) .
    This is so absolutely incorrect in every sense of the term I cant even be bothered to respond because It'll probably be a 3 paragraph rant about how Cq is gone and people still don't know what they are talking about or what happened when it was live.

but please do your homework before ranting.
    \_(ツ)_/
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Touched

The reason why Trion is moving away from focusing on PvP is because there's not many people left for it. Your opinion on making prime a PvP server is great and all. But like you and the others who wish for the same, you're a minority. Majority of the rift player base do not want PvP. So Trion has no incentive to put money and manpower on something with little return.

In regards to your "when has Trion deleted PvE content?" Well, the level 50 HK raid, you know the one that was the best raid and probably one of the best in all of MMO history was retooled into a level 65 version. Essentially deleted in a sense because it can't be pushed onto prime or live for a while due to ID collision and more. Also as seshatar those legacy achievement points say otherwise.

You can't really blame Trion as a whole when the interest in PvP has been dwindling over time. Even when it was fine, less and less were interested. Even though the decisions made by Trion probably pushed players to lose interest in PvP. But some of these decisions were based on community feedback such as nerds/buffs of abilities.

If you can show Trion there's something in it for them to focus on PvP, you and the others should do that. Your sarcasm and rude remarks however, help no one and will just be skimmed over by Trion. There are many sources online that show step by step instructions on how to give constructive criticism.

Edit: Don't beat me with a stick rgi I'm sorry
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 03-20-2018 at 03:54 AM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Port Scion was, but that was removed, which he mentioned but you seemed to have missed.

And last I checked Blighted Antechamber wasn't a part of launch either and that wasn't added during the progression of the server?

Grats on your legacy achievements though I guess.

You mean the gear w/ no valor or vengeance and isnt just junkier expert gear atm?

He specifically said: "But it didn't used to be all that bad in the 2011-2013 era."

Pvp gear = pvp stats at that time.

Died before F2P? They removed PvP Rifts and most dailies but they certainly weren't dead. Were you playing before F2P on the pvp servers?

This is so absolutely incorrect in every sense of the term I cant even be bothered to respond because It'll probably be a 3 paragraph rant about how Cq is gone and people still don't know what they are talking about or what happened when it was live.

\_(ツ)_/
    I played on Rhazade and later Bloodiron before each of them died out population wise. All I remember being kinda fun were PvP Rifts which were unfortunately used in a bad way (enemy premades farming each other etc. on agreement). Other than that there were horribly many gankers farming newcomers all day long in lowbie zones and a lot of salt.

I really enjoyed the old PvP progression system with prestige ranks, but to be honest good PvP rewards should be based on skill rather farming warfronts all day long - WoW arenas are a good example.

It is also really debatable if PvP rewards should increase your power anyway, as I would prefer a solely skill based PvP system with 100% steam lined stats and only exclusive cosmetic rewards for those who prove high skill.

Anyway, AFAIK all good gear that is not PvP gear is downbolstered on live and only PvP gear gives a stat advantage - if that's the same on Prime I don't see how it's not PvP gear, only because there are no PvP exclusive stats (like I said, PvP should be on an even level for everyone anyway imo)??!

Regarding the available warfronts you are right about blighted antechamber, I didn't see it was available. I'm sure the other warfronts except scion will be added later tho.

I think PvP deserves a lot love, but open world ganking and op gear for the no life grinders to dominate casual players solely by gear advantage is for sure not the solution. \_(ツ)_/
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I wonder why people lost interest in pvp...

Soulwalker

4) No open world PvP. Trion should have made Prime a PvP server, or at LEAST gave us PvP zones. Nope, too intimidating for so many players I guess (run to your safe spaces, kids, I know this triggers you).

After 10 hours of work, I like to come home, relax, gather some ore... unwind from my day. Thankfully, "the world revolves around me and my personal entertainment" folks don't get to disrupt my evening with PvP. I'm sorry that triggers you.

From my safe space: Lox

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LoxslayRift View Post
    4)After 10 hours of work, I like to come home, relax, gather some ore... unwind from my day. Thankfully, "the world revolves around me and my personal entertainment" folks don't get to disrupt my evening with PvP. I'm sorry that triggers you.

From my safe space: Lox
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiuss View Post
    or at LEAST gave us PvP zones.
    I'm not sure how a designated PvP only zone would disrupt your mining. You could just not go in that zone.

It doesn't have to be one way or another when it comes to PvP. I think most PvPers would be satisfied with just a little compromise at this point.

open world pvp

where players who get bullied in real life can go around interfering with pve content

this is why players on SS on Live go to another shard to play, because only open world pvp that has any value are pvp ZEs

5) CQ had several issues at the end (especially when 5 man premades won every CQ during night time and thus the rewards were reduced) . On gamescom it was mentioned that a new improved CQ might come sometime this year.
    The only issue with CQ wasn't even from it. It was the lack of actual PvP progression that killed CQ and destroyed PvP in general in this game when NMT came out.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    The only issue with CQ wasn't even from it. It was the lack of actual PvP progression that killed CQ and destroyed PvP in general in this game when NMT came out.
    actually it was the fact that there werent more than 2 20 man grps ever joining it to keep a stable balance from the elitists farming the rest of the randomly grouped players

Warfronts in order of release:

1)Black Garden (Silverwood) 2011 - Classic
    2)Codex (Stonefield) 2011 - Classic
    3)Whitefall Steppes (Iron Pine Peak) 2011 - Classic
    4)Battle for Port Scion (Port Scion) 2011 - Classic - REMOVED
    5)Library of the Runemasters (Moonshade Highlands) 2011 - Classic patch
    6)Karthan Ridge (Ashora) 2012 - Storm Legion
    7)Blighted Antichamber (Stillmoor) 2014 - Storm Legion patch
    8)Ghar Station Eyn (Draumheim?) 2014 - Nightmare Tide
    9)Assault on Bronze Tomb (Freemarch) 2015 - Nightmare Tide patch
    10)Tenebrean Prison (?) 2018 - Prophecy of Ahnket - UPCOMING patch

Just for your reference. For the most part, Prime goes early with content and adds it generally as it as added on Live. So if you're missing Karthan Ridge and Blighted Antichamber, that's because we haven't gotten to Storm Legion yet.

That said, I'd love if we actually went lore chronologically with quests and content opening at the right times, which is more like:
    1)Black Garden (Classic leveling)
    2)Codex (Classic leveling)
    3)Whitefall Steppes (Classic leveling)
    4)Battle for Port Scion (Classic max)
    5)Blighted Antichamber (Classic max raid)
    6)Library of the Runemasters (Classic max raid)
    7)Karthan Ridge (Storm Legion leveling)
    8)Assault on Bronze Tomb (Storm Legion max; due to Brevanic tech)
    9)Ghar Station Eyn (Nightmare Tide max)
    10)Tenebrean Prison (Prophecy of Ahnket max)

Otherwise for PvP we had:
    1)More open world PvP shards; only one now
    2)Ancient Wardstones (Classic zones 2011); removed and not returning
    3)PvP Rifts (Classic zones 2011); removed and unlikely to return
    4)Conquest (Stillmoor 2012 and Steppes of Infinity 2014); removed but possibly returning
    Last edited by Maeloda; 03-20-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    actually it was the fact that there werent more than 2 20 man grps ever joining it to keep a stable balance from the elitists farming the rest of the randomly grouped players
    Which is a direct result of no PvP progression. There were plenty of players around pre-NMT to fill raids during Storm Legion.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Which is a direct result of no PvP progression. There were plenty of players around pre-NMT to fill raids during Storm Legion.
    filling and preforming are different ideas, preformed on one voice chat always had advantage to the patchwork raids of random players joining with no voice or friends to startegize with

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    filling and preforming are different ideas, preformed on one voice chat always had advantage to the patchwork raids of random players joining with no voice or friends to startegize with
    Actually it all comes down to timing, PvP progression, and PvP population.

In Storm Legion and roughly the very beginning of NMT there was a high PvP population in CQ which obfuscated the imbalances of 20-man premades. The most significant impact to a faction's success was the presence of a leader. In those times, more often than not, there were 4 or 5 leaders online forming premades, and so every faction would get a leader, sometimes multiple leaders...

When NMT tide hit there was a mass bleed-out of PvP population. Many PvP guilds amalgamated into 2 remaining PvP guilds, at least on North America. Eventually one of those PvP guilds disappeared entirely 2 months into NMT. So the CQ population ended up consisting of 1 or 2 premades with one faction being a PUG group - at this point we can all agree that a 20-man premade was far too powerful an influence.

Trion responded perhaps 8 months later? By reducing pre-made sizes to 5. Throughout that entire development cycle, PvP players continued to bleed out. CQ remained the same in terms of its outdated PvP upgrade piece for Tier 1 armour, while the rest of the game and PvE progression moved on to Tier 2, and so on. The response from Trion in terms of attempting to fix CQ was way too delayed and honestly they've said it themselves that PvP is not a priority in this game.
    Bruine@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast