+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: So I Come Back And See Rift PvP is Worse Than Ever

good lawd... just when i thought about maybe dl'ing rift again, hah. how can this game actually get worse than what it already was?
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Default PVP Sorry

Because Rift is becoming more of a Raid / group friendly / quest game and striking out PVP player's.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    The reason why Trion is moving away from focusing on PvP is because there's not many people left for it. Your opinion on making prime a PvP server is great and all. But like you and the others who wish for the same, you're a minority. Majority of the rift player base do not want PvP. So Trion has no incentive to put money and manpower on something with little return.

In regards to your "when has Trion deleted PvE content?" Well, the level 50 HK raid, you know the one that was the best raid and probably one of the best in all of MMO history was retooled into a level 65 version. Essentially deleted in a sense because it can't be pushed onto prime or live for a while due to ID collision and more. Also as seshatar those legacy achievement points say otherwise.

You can't really blame Trion as a whole when the interest in PvP has been dwindling over time. Even when it was fine, less and less were interested. Even though the decisions made by Trion probably pushed players to lose interest in PvP. But some of these decisions were based on community feedback such as nerds/buffs of abilities.

If you can show Trion there's something in it for them to focus on PvP, you and the others should do that. Your sarcasm and rude remarks however, help no one and will just be skimmed over by Trion. There are many sources online that show step by step instructions on how to give constructive criticism.

Edit: Don't beat me with a stick rgi I'm sorry
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about, and you seem to be the rude person in need of some couth. The minority of Rift players are the ones on the forums driving Rift into the ground. Trion didn't stop focusing on PVP because people lost interest in it. People lost interest in it and RIft because Trion kept listening to the forums and screwing things up, they completely ruined PVP with Conquest and "forcing" PVE people to PVP for one BIS slot and the CQ buff.

The reason Rift is in the state it is in right now is because Trion listened to the forums. I look at the couple hundred people posting on the forums and I don't see how that translates to the majority. Most of what I see on the forums is the same crap as 7 years ago, people complaining that their spec isn't the best, they want more rewards for doing less and they want the things they have to do to farm currencies to be faster and easier.

Look how many people are complaining about Premades. Why the hell don't they just get together and make their own or stop sucking at PVP and get better. No, instead they just want it to be made easier by not competing against good players working together well. The only way to beat the merc system is to make a premade.

Trion is completely to blame for pissing on the PVP community and running off all that revenue. Look at CQ for instance. Three faction PVP that was supposed to simulate the open world PVP that was a huge part of even PVE shards (at least on Gnarlwood) before Trion began its assault on PVP. But they implemented the Merc System because there were not enough players to fill queues for even 10 man warfronts, but lets make three faction PVP with multiple raids in each faction and wonder why one faction always got stomped because it had fewer raids in it and one faction always dominated with several full raids and one faction in the middle population. Why would the devs think three faction PVP could work when they claimed there weren't enough people queing for two faction PVP? Adding CQ power and the BIS slot from CQ was the final blow to PVP. Just like I don't want to raid or run dungeons some people don't want to have anything to do with PVP. Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb move by Trion.

As for Prime, that is a server that never should have happened. Trion divided the Rift community yet again. All the suck of Live and none of the original Rift goodness. Rift didn't fall from 40 or 50 servers to 7 because people just lost interest. The person I started playing with quit before Emerald Isle released because Trion was already listening to the forums and ruining specs. Look at the state of souls right now. They are a disaster compared to Rift at launch. How did a Reaver go from a tank spec to a dps spec, and warriors wind up with a mage soul (tempest) as a better spec than melee souls for dps? I don't even play my warrior anymore, because all the specs are so crappy.

People talking on Live are talking about maybe PVP will be finally be fixed. People have been asking for it ever since Trion began to kill it. If the PVE is what has been driving Rift as you say then 30 to 40 servers worth of PVPers quit Rift. PVP is total crap, PVE is mostly crap right now.

Rift Disciple

About the warrior part, it's a matter of pov. Warrior tank has always been boring compared to rogue tank (and reaver tank was the most boring) so the switch to reaver dps was actually a good point for me. Tempest spec was before the wavelenght burst very interesting to play if you play it manually (like if you play warchanter heal without macro, it's fun).
    Actually you can play pvp and be quite usefull with 5 spec with your warrior (warlord, paragon, riftblade, reaver hybrid and warchanter or warchanter hybrid) and for pve sure riftblade is top but you can do good with paragon and reaver too (warlord too for melee fight).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    About the warrior part, it's a matter of pov. Warrior tank has always been boring compared to rogue tank (and reaver tank was the most boring) so the switch to reaver dps was actually a good point for me. Tempest spec was before the wavelenght burst very interesting to play if you play it manually (like if you play warchanter heal without macro, it's fun).
    Actually you can play pvp and be quite usefull with 5 spec with your warrior (warlord, paragon, riftblade, reaver hybrid and warchanter or warchanter hybrid) and for pve sure riftblade is top but you can do good with paragon and reaver too (warlord too for melee fight).
    That's just your opinion and I disagree with it whole-heartedly. Reaver was a much better tanking spec than pali, which is terribly boring to play. Tempest shouldn't even be a war spec it belongs as a mage soul and I don't like it. Every spec I enjoyed playing on my war is no longer viable, its not even enjoyable for me to play in pve. Until Trion un-Fs pvp I completely quit it. The merc sytem is a joke and there's no pvp gear.
    Last edited by Fungi; 11-19-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    open world pvp

where players who get bullied in real life can go around interfering with pve content

this is why players on SS on Live go to another shard to play, because only open world pvp that has any value are pvp ZEs
    You know you can turn pvp off. Or if you don't want pvp on all the time don't play on a pvp server. The point of having pvp turned on on a pve server is because you want someone to try to gank you, the point of a pvp server is to have it on all the time. Pick one, derp!

Soulwalker

Default RE:Premades and PVP gear

Quit whining about premades and make your own. I was never part of big premades and they were never a problem for the pugs I was in, maybe the people that can't handle them just aren't as good at pvp, or the group you were in wasn't working together (if its every group you're in then its probably you). Warfronts used to fill from the server you were on only until sometime in SL (if I remember correctly) so Hello Kitty couldn't have been crapping across 40 shards in the beginning.

Pvp gear should have vengeance and valor on it. Since everyone has the same opportunity to earn the gear through pvp how is it an advantage? If your opponent has the same tier pvp gear as you the "advantage" is basically canceled out and it comes down to class vs class and player skill. Based on opinions that pvp gear shouldn't give you more power as you progress through the sets then higher level pve gear should not have better stats than lower level pvp gear and that really doesn't make sense. Taking that stance then I should get bolstered in dungeons/raids because I hate raiding (and don't past TDez) so my gear matches everyone else's in the party. I'd love to see the hissy fit that would result in from all the elitist raiders. Bolstering was the first big step in killing pvp that Trion made. Screwing with the souls/specs to try and pacify the complainers was the first mistake to result in waves of people leaving Rift for both pve and pvp. Then completely jacking up the souls in SL led to a big wave of people leaving.

Some classes should have advantages over other classes, not be "balanced" or even. That's part of the fun of one on one pvp, trying to figure out how to beat that class that has an edge on yours.

Telaran

@Fungi, I make premades and people get pissed when we roll over them. I do it for the same reason you stated however I have never liked PvP premades because a very large percentage of the time the premade stomps over the other team which isn't fun for either team. Premades should have never been a thing in this game but I don't think it's going to matter much longer anyhow as this game is on life support.

lve never been a big premade fan.. I often find myself missing rift pvp but reading about the same crap for years... its better off as good memories.

Soulwalker

upvote

i do hope they can elevate pvp higher, hopefully to at least a technical par with wow

if there is the potential for real money tournaments, maybe there WILL be real money tournaments

we can dream (big)

i'm really only playing for the pvp; run ia to powerlevel/gear

making a chr on each shard to raid the AH for dimension junk

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by oatraa View Post
    if there is the potential for real money tournaments, maybe there WILL be real money tournaments

we can dream (big)
    You can dream of course, but the only significant change which could happen to rift is shutting down the servers. And other changes to rift will happen only in dreams of forum posters.
    Last edited by Isp; 02-03-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3