+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: So I Come Back And See Rift PvP is Worse Than Ever

*sigh*...

Whenever I see a thread like this where, players new/old/retired are ranting over PvP content, I'm always let down by, all of you missing key factors that were and still are important(to mention) and what has occurred within RIFT and Trions decisions just to add...

1) !Lots! of money got poured into pvp, i.e. "Lock Boxes".. #Facts
    <The quest for Crit Power>

2) PvE'ers(lots of them) enjoyed PvP

3) No matter your preference of game play, no content(unless bad for your health.. PHYSICALLY!) should be removed or deleted.

- should be a well vast Game with content available for all player types, it's and MMO for the sake of Gamer Gods

- Optional content draws crowds

- Incentive is important

The list can go on folks.. AAAAAnd FFS, to add more to money being spent on pvp, it is still a top cash grab, I mean, who doesn't want those shiny pair of "earrings"

Most of us can see the stark idea and dichotomy of this being a 2 way street.. PvP & PvE, Some have learned that both have been molded to mesh very well, I've learned this early on in the game, and the quest to be stronger or "hit harder" for those of harsh/violent vernacular.

tbh, Most of us have a point.. It's totally obvious as to whats in store, or the direction of the game.. Still fun, but needs work........

~Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Loyalty - Diamond Tier
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

We let the roads fill with potholes and stopped sending crews out to care for them. Oddly enough there were fewer cars to be found.

If there are fewer cars, I suppose the roads were never necessary. There are far more bicycles now than cars. We took away many of the roads, because don't you see? There are barely any cars left to justify roads. Look at all the bicycles. We will continue to dismantle the highways and let them fall to disarray because now I see very few cars driving around. I guess the cars never wanted or needed roads to begin with because they hardly drive now at all. The world is a bicycle path, cars were never the focus of the transportation system.

Strange that all the cars aren't bicycles.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Quote Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
    I'm not sure how a designated PvP only zone would disrupt your mining. You could just not go in that zone.

It doesn't have to be one way or another when it comes to PvP. I think most PvPers would be satisfied with just a little compromise at this point.
    See the problem with PvP servers is the bad apples. Only once was I ever confronted with a fun one on one battle (even if I lost all 8 times) and that was after launch. After that, it was all 50's killing lowbies or groups killing solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiuss View Post

5) CQ has been deleted. While I personally hated CQ, why delete it? Lots of kids enjoyed it and it seems idiotic to remove it.
    What I remember of CQ was either you joined the premade team and won or got raked across the coals which lead to people joining CQ in the last 5 minutes to get their minimum marks.

Plane Touched

it's funny how mmo try to say pvp is about things like "honor", "fair play" and prompts "sportsmanship" but tend to be so far from it that it's just sad. do to the idea that you need to grind gear to keep people interested or to sell it to them to make money. 3/5ths of the time all this does is give bad players boosted states that tend to run around and try to 1 shot weaker players to get their jollies off at the expense of the undergeared. these players also don't do objectives and will only kill other players because its "fun" knowing they are ruining someone elses game experience (but that's pvp right?). the ones that stick it out take what they learn and will do the same to survive in pvp. this creates players that make others quit the game and catering to these typed will see a steady decline until all you have are these toxic players (some are only doing it cause its the thing to do).

so what do i think would change this? true fair play pvp should bloister EVERYONE to an X states so what should distinguish players? #1 PERSONAL ability to play the game #2 TEAMWORK #3 the class and soul they play #0 not bads carried by gear.
    this would actually let the devs (if there are any even doing pvp anymore) focus on balancing around 1 set of stats (per class and maybe soul) in pvp and if one class/soul is to strong/weak just drop/boost it's states instead of reking pve mechanic.

pvp is not a raid and should stop being treating as if it was. raids are about bringing the gear and not the player so they can faceroll content in 5min or less no matter the nub behind the gear.
    it's not like things other than gear can be given to "get players to pvp" besides most pvp gear isn't even bis (most of the time) in pvp.

p.s. as for open world pvp the main flaw was letting anyone gank anyone. open world pvp should be locked to only pvping people 5 levels above or below you.
    Last edited by nessis; 10-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

How are you like 40 and still complaining?

Xx
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    How are you like 40 and still complaining?

Xx
    like age equates complaining and who are you talking to? are you just throwing numbers out there as blind insults or is this how you get a big post count without actually having a dialog?
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Plane Walker

The most common sense solution was to disallow premades of any sort. That is the only solution they have never tried and they had almost 8 years to try it out for all instance PvP. They can very well create premade vs. premade content with existing maps like 10v10/20v20 GvG or 3v3/5v5 Arenas with its own progressively titled content... But they should expect limited play.. because people who want to play with other people for "fun" don't actually want to do it in a challenging environment hence why 5v5 BG never took off.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-07-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The most common sense solution was to disallow premades of any sort. That is the only solution they have never tried and they had almost 8 years to try it out for all instance PvP. They can very well create premade vs. premade content with existing maps like 10v10/20v20 GvG or 3v3/5v5 Arenas with its own progressively titled content... But they should expect limited play.. because people who want to play with other people for "fun" don't actually want to do it in a challenging environment hence why 5v5 BG never took off.
    Agreed.

I just took a peak at the forum, it's been like 5+ years since I played maybe more I can't remember. Sadly I can see the hello kitty clan still craps all over this game with their premades.

I said it back then premades teams make people quit and we're sending this games PVP to the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    Agreed.

I just took a peak at the forum, it's been like 5+ years since I played maybe more I can't remember. Sadly I can see the hello kitty clan still craps all over this game with their premades.

I said it back then premades teams make people quit and we're sending this games PVP to the grave.
    This is the hot take we've all been waiting for about the current state of the game.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    Agreed.

i agree completely and have said something similar somewhere along my line. pre-mades should be made to play with other pre-mades ONLY and if there is no pre-made team to play against then they should wait or not Que as pre-made. no exceptions ... PVP should be all about getting people interested in playing PVP and having fun even if you dont know much about it, NOT getting players to play so they can be tossed as fodder to the pre-mades ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This is the hot take we've all been waiting for about the current state of the game.
    Lol, the hot take. Nice bait!

Enjoy those battle grounds buddy! It must be great burning down those casuals for 6 years straight.

Been a few years since I posted and I agree, they almost single handedly ruined this games pvp.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    its true tho
    Minismmy@SeastoneBestStone

Rift Disciple

RIFT is 8 years old now, so anyone who has been playing since launch is now old, so stop whining and learn to PvP. Gods below, you all suck at PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast