+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Conquest?

Default Conquest?

Returning player wondering what happened to Conquest, do not see tab.

Discontinued a couple years ago

Default Shame

Wow such a shame one of the main reasons I came back.

I enjoyed it aswell but it always was some type of broken
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Prophet of Telara

Don't mean can't never come back, but the interest is very little for people that like it just for fun.

it was nerfed in the end and you could only do parties of 5 instead of 20, which basically killed off a lot of it.

Sword of Telara

Yeah, it was funny. They killed off the raid groups, and limited it to 5. Which killed off the fun, and then used that as the justification for removing conquest altogether.

Plane Touched

In fact it already died on EU side, when they put this PvE item in the winner cache. Suddenly there was always one full 20er premade-farmgroup against 2-5 randoms. At some point nobody queued for conquest, besides the 20er premade. Conquest had already died when they limited the groups to 5.
    Last edited by Maelya; 03-14-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    it was nerfed in the end and you could only do parties of 5 instead of 20, which basically killed off a lot of it.
    It was dead way before that. One of the leaders literally had someone or an alt creating a raid on the other side just so that the premade can farm them and that raid usually fell apart within minutes when they realized what was happening. ( the person leading the random raid would make calls and send them repeatedly to same place to get farmed by the premade, did not have correct raid setup, no tanks and very little healers etc.) They could have just removed premades altogether to be honest. It would have been less work but they tried something different and it just ended up being worse. Toward the end in NA it was just exploited.Players should not have this amount of power over a system like CQ.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-17-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    One of the leaders literally had someone or an alt creating a raid on the other side just so that the premade can farm them and that raid usually fell apart within minutes when they realized what was happening. ( the person leading the random raid would make calls and send them repeatedly to same place to get farmed by the premade, did not have correct raid setup, no tanks and very little healers etc.)
    I'd honestly like to see some evidence of claims like this. I've personally never seen it happen; a deliberate fixing of CQ matches.

That could have easily been a leader with little experience or ability to lead CQ, or players that refuse to switch roles when you refer to the raid setup. You're right with respect to the premades being too powerful for the time, at least during late 3.0 when the PvP population had dwindled to low numbers already. The remaining CQ leaders admitted that 20 was too large a size for a premade and suggested it be reduced to 10.

By the time they had reduced premades to 5, CQ simply wasn't a relevant piece of content for people to do anymore. I believe it was still giving upgrade parts for gear a tier or two behind.

You're right about it being dead or dying off long before the premade reduction to 5. It was a time of 20-man premade "speed runs" which everyone hated. In fact it got to the point where the premade speed run was less than 10 people who'd split off and gank random stragglers.
    Bruine@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

It was dead way before that. One of the leaders literally had someone or an alt creating a raid on the other side just so that the premade can farm them and that raid usually fell apart within minutes when they realized what was happening. ( the person leading the random raid would make calls and send them repeatedly to same place to get farmed by the premade, did not have correct raid setup, no tanks and very little healers etc.) They could have just removed premades altogether to be honest. It would have been less work but they tried something different and it just ended up being worse. Toward the end in NA it was just exploited.Players should not have this amount of power over a system like CQ.
    There are two people you could be talking about and both were bad at leading CQ.

CQ on NA was never fixed or exploited like this.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    I'd honestly like to see some evidence of claims like this. I've personally never seen it happen;
    He is right. I remember also, that most players (EU conquest) warned before these leaders. Some (me too) joined as randoms these groups and it was really obviously, whats going on. The names of these leaders went round and nobody joined their group anymore.
    They really did everything for the sure win, because of the PvE rewards.
    Last edited by Maelya; 03-17-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    I'd honestly like to see some evidence of claims like this. I've personally never seen it happen; a deliberate fixing of CQ matches.
    There was literally a toon that was feeding intel to the raid leaders that use to camp with an alt on top of the little cliff right behind ZR. We killed them many times. They totally did exploit on NA. And yes there were a few players who created raids and when you inspected them they were missing total pvp gear completely, missing slots and green pve gear. This was happening since end of Storm Legion when raids were being created in private channels.. when HK was known as RoD at the time. A raid was formed in private and another toon was being used to form a raid for fast cap in the more popular channel to feed the main raid. Not to mention what those leaders use to do to stack 2-3 raids onto the same team. Even the match maker use to do it unintentionally like it is with warfronts as well. There are times you can still have 3 duo, triple or full premades in the same faction and you are like what the.. this is so broken still.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-18-2018 at 03:03 AM.

I'll be the first to admit.

I did run 2 teams sometimes.

Sometimes I ran all 3.

During Storm Legion, NMT and SFP.

Sometimes I ran all 4.

I still lead Conquest on Prime, I've just hidden the CQ tab from everyone else so I can lead myself to victory on all 3 teams.

I'm sorry for exploiting. I just wanted a sense of pride and accomplishment.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

There was literally a toon that was feeding intel to the raid leaders that use to camp with an alt on top of the little cliff right behind ZR. We killed them many times. They totally did exploit on NA. And yes there were a few players who created raids and when you inspected them they were missing total pvp gear completely, missing slots and green pve gear. This was happening since end of Storm Legion when raids were being created in private channels.. when HK was known as RoD at the time. A raid was formed in private and another toon was being used to form a raid for fast cap in the more popular channel to feed the main raid. Not to mention what those leaders use to do to stack 2-3 raids onto the same team. Even the match maker use to do it unintentionally like it is with warfronts as well. There are times you can still have 3 duo, triple or full premades in the same faction and you are like what the.. this is so broken still.
    I can only think of a few instances where people were feeding info and those were few and far between and had to do with player drama and not Conquest itself.

As for gear, that happened all the time and most leaders generally didn't inspect people's gear. They just expected you to have PvP gear on. I never inspected gear, I just looked at the classes to make sure they matched up with what the raid needed.

As for raids being formed to feed the main raid, this is incorrect. In NA that "private channel" was always open to join and many of the raids formed there were formed because competition was forming in crossevents.

CQ matchmaking being broken is an issue on Trion's end that they never fixed. There's no way for players to exploit the matchmaker because it's completely broken.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast