+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Conquest?

  1. #16
    General of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    964

    Default

    not to fuel the fires but I was in a few different guilds that long ago and we constantly had more than 20 players joining CQ and if someone in the guild was on an opposing team from a significant number of the rest of us and new they could lose for our benefit we would do so in our private voice chats by feeding intel

    I was even in one guild that had crap toons queue up trying for the opposing team just to rotate names so they werent flagged by players foolish enough not to ignore and block them and report their actions

    it was exploited greatly because 90% of players in rift dont communicate with Trion because with all the banning and silencing and deleting of posts and censorship Trion practices, the player base lost faith in their resolve and gave up on communicating these occurences through tickets and forum posts

    dont blame the devs or whiny players, blame corporate politics

  2. #17
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    not to fuel the fires but I was in a few different guilds that long ago and we constantly had more than 20 players joining CQ and if someone in the guild was on an opposing team from a significant number of the rest of us and new they could lose for our benefit we would do so in our private voice chats by feeding intel
    Maybe on EU, but this didn't happen on NA. We'd always brawl it out until the match ended or someone gave up.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

  3. #18
    General of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Maybe on EU, but this didn't happen on NA. We'd always brawl it out until the match ended or someone gave up.
    yes it did, I should know as I was on teams gaining intel and even got separated from my guild once and fed intel, I didnt say i was innocent of these activities, but I am only NA player so they very much took place on NA

  4. #19
    Telaran Bruine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    yes it did, I should know as I was on teams gaining intel and even got separated from my guild once and fed intel, I didnt say i was innocent of these activities, but I am only NA player so they very much took place on NA
    Not to make light of your story - but whatever intel you or your guilds were "feeding" would've been a non-factor at the height of CQ, even if it was something you were proactively doing every single game. It may have affected some pug groups in a slight sense. Though I had joined many PUG groups by solo queuing and never felt like I was hunted at every turn by some guild magically appearing at our location.

    What I remember is CQ matches with 3 to 4 leaders with each faction have 3 mostly full raids. When you have that much going on in a game, at such a fast pace because of the mount speed and because of the competitive nature of the people in the pre-mades (some wanted to win at all costs, some wanted to hit the highest dps or heal numbers, etc) it just ended up being a brawl. Even if one team had intel to "sandwich" one of the factions, a smart and reactive leader could recover by moving out of the way and salvaging most of the raid. The biggest impact to CQ by far was the makeup of the premades and the leaders who led them.
    Bruine@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

  5. #20
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    NA didn't exploit?!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Trion's end that they never fixed. There's no way for players to exploit the matchmaker because it's completely broken.
    I almost had an accident in my pants. Too funny.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-21-2018 at 08:54 AM.

  6. #21
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    NA didn't exploit?!!!



    I almost had an accident in my pants. Too funny.
    There was no way for players to stack premade groups intentionally. The matchmaker didn't work. The Devs tried to fix it numerous times on the test server and it consistently didn't work.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple Speedbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    157

    Default CQ WAS SO EPIC

    THERE WERE SO AWSUM FIGHTS GOING ON AROUND EYE

    WAS MY GREATEST EXPERIENCE IN PC GAMING E V E R!

    I joined HK around march 2014.

    Before that, we used to farm CQ on EU. I was packing up raids as Orgone@Brutwacht, during winter 2013 to Feb 2014 we just hang around in TS with mixed pvp and pve players. Basically I had a full raid half an hour before every CQ started just by speaking in TS. Everybody was H Y P E D.

    Then population dropped on EU, I remember pve and p2w issues which translated over to pvp.
    Since then, not even the bloodiron folks brought life back to cq and I lvled my NA char fast. Just wanting to do more cq, the tight matches and the uncontrollable chaos if you slept as lead was so motivating for me.

    But, CQ already dropped on NA as well, few matches had this 3 raids vs 3 raids vs 3 raids feeling which were brutal if you failed to read the map. HUGE FUN, whiners and the item in the chest killed the rest of it. Before we just had cq power and a very healthy pvp playerbase, everybody needed favor and prestige as well. But unorganized or unexperienced or just lone wolfs never managed to be on the winning team, cq started to be only interesting during timer.

    Thats nostalgia, but I doubt that cq was exploited that hard on NA pre 2014. Maybe some games and matches, but I remember having 6 full raids just by recruiting in hk guild chat. Too uncontrollable in my opinion but I was busy farming EU, no expert on this NA stuff pre 2014 since I didint play there yet.

    Awsum cq leaders had their name praised by the players!
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood


    Prime: Milesdavis Augtellez

  8. #23
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    There was no way for players to stack premade groups intentionally. The matchmaker didn't work. The Devs tried to fix it numerous times on the test server and it consistently didn't work.
    It doesn't take brain surgery to figure out how widely exploited it was on NA. The whole reason of trying to fix CQ was based on the broken queue in system. It had nothing at all to do with matchmaking. You literally had a choice of the faction to bring a premade into because you can lock yourself to the faction before bringing the premade into that faction. Ask yourself what if multiple players locked themselves to the same faction before bringing in their premades? If you still don't get it you will never get it.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-22-2018 at 03:44 PM.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You literally had a choice of the faction to bring a premade into because you can lock yourself to the faction before bringing the premade into that faction. Ask yourself what if multiple players locked themselves to the same faction before bringing in their premades? If you still don't get it you will never get it.
    This was literally only around for like a month of CQ until it was changed, besides the fact you couldn't even do this successfully most of the time due to # limits.. You're cherry picking tiny portions of CQ's time around without going into any details.

    I don't remember who you are, or if you ever even really did CQ, but every time CQ comes up you show up screaming your head off about insane conspiracies about what happened.

    I'm sorry whatever happened to you made you angry but to constantly lie about something that you have no clue about is pretty annoying for everyone trying to have a conversation.


    Thanks.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  10. #25
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This was literally only around for like a month of CQ until it was changed, besides the fact you couldn't even do this successfully most of the time due to # limits.. You're cherry picking tiny portions of CQ's time around without going into any details.

    I don't remember who you are, or if you ever even really did CQ, but every time CQ comes up you show up screaming your head off about insane conspiracies about what happened.

    I'm sorry whatever happened to you made you angry but to constantly lie about something that you have no clue about is pretty annoying for everyone trying to have a conversation.


    Thanks.
    Calm down. First, there is nothing in my post that suggest me as screaming or telling some insane conspiracy theory. Secondly, how can something you agree with me that happened be both true and a lie? Isn't that hypocrisy. And third, only 1 month? If I wanted to pull up how many times they had tried to patch this alone with patch notes I can prove you wrong but not worth it. This actually lasted over a year at least. They tried to fix the queue in problem at least 3x before they reduced to 5 man. In that FACT alone it lasted more than 1 month.
    Ask yourself that question. If it only lasted 1 month why did they have to try to fix it at least 3 times over a year and then ultimately reduce the queue in to only 5?

    I understand you are passionate about CQ and even Trion may bring it back but I am just the one on the other side who is letting them know why they took it away in the first place. I have no say on it coming back but I can say what my opinion is and you can say your own opinion. No reason to accuse someone as a liar let alone after you admit that it was happening too.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-27-2018 at 01:42 PM.

  11. #26
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    RG? you still play? I bet you're all grown up now lol Quag here been back about a month haven't looked at prime yet. Got back and seen my old cq specs on cleric and had a lot of good memories..... Is it worth lvling on prime? I'll probably end up running groups to beat you again haha but lots to remember......

  12. #27
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    It doesn't take brain surgery to figure out how widely exploited it was on NA. The whole reason of trying to fix CQ was based on the broken queue in system. It had nothing at all to do with matchmaking. You literally had a choice of the faction to bring a premade into because you can lock yourself to the faction before bringing the premade into that faction. Ask yourself what if multiple players locked themselves to the same faction before bringing in their premades? If you still don't get it you will never get it.
    Except this wasn't a thing. If you were already locked to a team you were unable to enter in a group.

    Player and premade placement on teams was for the most-part random.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 05-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

  13. #28
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    There was very few leaders that gave me a challenge so perhaps it seemed like we were farming groups.

    Auqa and I think boot ninja? was the only raid leaders that would be difficult against.

    Ofc RG, Assistant, Bid, Bodyart and Shenoah (spelling?) we're still a challenge..... But yea I'm nothing now was gone soo long I even forgot my name.....

  14. #29
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    not to fuel the fires but I was in a few different guilds that long ago and we constantly had more than 20 players joining CQ and if someone in the guild was on an opposing team from a significant number of the rest of us and new they could lose for our benefit we would do so in our private voice chats by feeding intel

    I was even in one guild that had crap toons queue up trying for the opposing team just to rotate names so they werent flagged by players foolish enough not to ignore and block them and report their actions

    it was exploited greatly because 90% of players in rift dont communicate with Trion because with all the banning and silencing and deleting of posts and censorship Trion practices, the player base lost faith in their resolve and gave up on communicating these occurences through tickets and forum posts

    dont blame the devs or whiny players, blame corporate politics
    "in our private voice chat"
    you mean guildy's and friends on different teams in CQ would help each other in vent/voice chat?no way that ever happened........ leader/team A would never tell leader/team B where team/leader C is or when to attack. allowing both leader/team A and B to wipe leader/team C 2vs1....
    Last edited by butkus; 05-02-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  15. #30
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default CQ History and Current Status

    Who cares? Nobody does. PVP and Live are dead. Accept it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts