+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sekirach

Thread: What classes are most viable for pvp? For people who haven't played the game much.

Soulwalker

Default What classes are most viable for pvp? For people who haven't played the game much.

We're waiting around for Prime to play the game more but have no idea how the state of pvp is at the moment.

What are good healing and dps classes for strictly pvp that can be played on Prime?

I've been reading the forums and wanted to play cleric for healing (sent or defiler) but most people are saying that cleric healing isn't good right now (except for primalist which won't be available on Prime).

Any other ideas for a good single target healer?
    Last edited by IwasyourVampire; 03-03-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Im afraid we will just have to wait for Prime and see. There are to many unknown factors at the moment. Im a returning player, ( returning for prime PvP,idea is while everyone else farms stuff i farm everyone else in warfronts ) but from previous experience of 220k players kill count the best st healer was the Blood Thirsty
    Jokes aside, dont trust what people write on forums to much and if something works on live it doesnt mean it will work on prime and vice versa.

Play what you like the most,how you like the most , thats what counts. See you all there.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    Im afraid we will just have to wait for Prime and see. There are to many unknown factors at the moment. Im a returning player, ( returning for prime PvP,idea is while everyone else farms stuff i farm everyone else in warfronts ) but from previous experience of 220k players kill count the best st healer was the Blood Thirsty
    Jokes aside, dont trust what people write on forums to much and if something works on live it doesnt mean it will work on prime and vice versa.

Play what you like the most,how you like the most , thats what counts. See you all there.
    100% guarentee you will not be able to pvp on prime server unless they change the way the system works. Good luck.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Strikey View Post
    100% guarentee you will not be able to pvp on prime server unless they change the way the system works. Good luck.
    Could you tell us some classes to play to where we won't get slaughtered then?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IwasyourVampire View Post
    You can always just use a rogue and SLIP AWAY. It basically is a get out of jail free card from Death.

The point is that prime is not meant for PvP so don't expect much in terms of PvP balancing. They want it to be a faster progressive PvE server so you can revisit all the wonderful zones, world events, raids, etc.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IwasyourVampire View Post
    You can always just use a rogue, play an assassin and SLIP AWAY. It basically is a get out of jail free card from Death.

Prime is not meant for PvP so don't expect much in terms of PvP balancing. They want it to be a progressive PvE server so you can revisit all the wonderful zones, world and zone events, raids, etc. They are looking at PvP further down the road..and even gave some evidence of considering a PvP prime server.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-21-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You can always just use a rogue, play an assassin and SLIP AWAY. It basically is a get out of jail free card from Death.

Prime is not meant for PvP so don't expect much in terms of PvP balancing. They want it to be a faster progressive PvE server so you can revisit all the wonderful zones, world and zone events, raids, etc. They are looking at PvP further down the road..and even gave some evidence of considering a PvP prime server.
    Thank you. And yeah I hope they do more of a pvp centered server in the future but for now I want to give this one a try. Especially since we can transfer to the live servers afterwards. So instead of leveling on live i'll just wait and level on Prime lol.

It's just really confusing reading the forums when it comes to balance because people are saying that cleric healers aren't any good at the moment, so I had no idea what else to try since I wanted to play a healer/support class.

Oh and if I remember right I heard them say yes they are bringing pvp gear back on Prime? I really hope so.
    Last edited by IwasyourVampire; 03-05-2018 at 12:58 AM. Reason: pvp gear

Soulwalker

Healing is still fine, you just have to stay out of range as it's not the facerolling that it used to be back in the day where you could heal yourself through the damage of 5 people though. But healers absolutely help winning a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautix View Post
    Healing is still fine, you just have to stay out of range as it's not the facerolling that it used to be back in the day where you could heal yourself through the damage of 5 people though. But healers absolutely help winning a fight.
    ROFL. Healers CAN heal through 5 people while running away and never have to stop till it reaches its team........Healing is BROKEN OP!
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Plane Walker

MA, Sab hybrids and now Paragon are all overtuned in PvP in prime. Cleric is also being viewed as the most balance of classes but they based that on a different measure of balance since they allow MA, Sab Hybrids and Paragon to be OP. Technically Cleric is imbalanced because it has no OP specs compared to other classes. Instead they are measuring cleric balance on hitting a min. requirement on a dummy parse irregardless of the classes practical use. Other classes are 20- 30x more likely to get a KB vs. a cleric given equal skill level on prime. This also translates to PvE where cleric has the least opportunity to compete over many different scenarios that can occur and the most reliant on scenarios being as close to a dummy mechanic, no moving, no target switching, no adds, as possible to be competitive.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Telaran

They will have to revert there pvp changes before you to ask to put cleric at the equal of other souls. pvp can't stay like this. if only they could tweak the number every week by a certain %(reduce damage by X% and up heal by X%) so we can tell them wich one is the better.

Why not reduce pvp damage by 25% for example ? Even if it's not perfect it can't be worse than what we have now lol.

There are already fewer and fewer people pvping at 50, soon it will be like on live.

+ Reply to Thread