+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Flashmemory
  • 3 Post By Nefelia
  • 2 Post By EverydayAnomaly

Thread: healing 70 is useless on the battlefield

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy healing 70 is useless on the battlefield

    Hello I just arrived on rift a month ago and 70 levl. I started to make the battlefield with a piece of equipment that gives 886 wisdom piece by piece ... To my biggest surprise by wanting to heal a player I gave him 205 of heal ... so as if I was lvl20 and he lvl 60 ... No info since 2016 and still sought ... so my question is simple. Do I have to make 100 battlefields by serving for nothing to rise in rank or stopped pvp?

    thank you for your response and I hope that this forum and this question is not for nothing because I challenge the challenge if I will not be a ghost in games or in another dimension ...

    Personal note: I understood on some forums that the pvp Rift has dropped .. why he does not overstate and do that pve ...

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Well, current expansion was launch with lot of problems in its content and especially in PvP. While they removed content to "keep focusing" on the most important pvp content (warfronts), they haven't tought about all the pvp stuff that could affect pvp or at least that it would be a so negative aspect towards the players. ( example : Overall meta and TTK which is always a big matter of debate, broken specs and legendaries, the balance to resume, or just the maps that aren't even fit for the lvl 70 )

    Btw, you're now playing a phasis with low healing which is the result of the changes provided by Trion. If you want to be usefull, just play the most broken dps "build" ( should say soul since it's almost always 61pnts builds ), you can play tank and do objectives if you prefer ^^

    Some healers can do very well as Primalist for example, but clerics aren't a big thing nowadays. You also talked about "ranks", if you refer to the pvp ranks they're no longer something relevant for pvp. You just need to grind the current pvp gear ( and sometimes some PvE pieces since Trion still not doing the job ) with flavoors.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carryha View Post
    Do I have to make 100 battlefields by serving for nothing to rise in rank or stopped pvp?
    .
    Just play the broken specs in PvP (with the proper legendaries), grind the unique pvp gear and it will be enough to do well. PvE gear have some stats significantly nerfed in Warfronts.
    If you only wanna heal, buy the proper classes/souls

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsnyper View Post
    Just play the broken specs in PvP (with the proper legendaries) :
    I play doctor, my legendary points and my stuff are ok and I do heal like a level 10...

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feelindra View Post
    I play doctor, my legendary points and my stuff are ok and I do heal like a level 10...
    As i said, if you really want to be viable easily, you should play damages specs, not support or healing. There are few healing specs that do "well" and it's more about making the TTK a little bit longer than keeping targets alive. Current meta and TTK with all the dmg specs that are broken results in this low healing yeah

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carryha View Post
    Hello I just arrived on rift a month ago and 70 levl. I started to make the battlefield with a piece of equipment that gives 886 wisdom piece by piece ... To my biggest surprise by wanting to heal a player I gave him 205 of heal ... so as if I was lvl20 and he lvl 60 ... No info since 2016 and still sought ... so my question is simple. Do I have to make 100 battlefields by serving for nothing to rise in rank or stopped pvp?

    thank you for your response and I hope that this forum and this question is not for nothing because I challenge the challenge if I will not be a ghost in games or in another dimension ...

    Personal note: I understood on some forums that the pvp Rift has dropped .. why he does not overstate and do that pve ...
    Cleric is not good in this game. It barely makes the cut for raids even as a healer. They can't even make them as good as other classes vs. Scripted Content.

    Primalist healer is best bu warrior healer and rogue tact bard or physician with 30 sec. life insurance are much better than crappy puri or sent. Most of the cleric class also suffer from mana issues in PvP because the eternal is being used to bandaid fix most of the souls of cleric. They rather do this than actually go into the the souls with issues and lower the mana usage down. This means cleric is forever broken in PvP.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-13-2018 at 01:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Came back after an absence of six or so months, took my super-fun Chloro spec out for a spin, and quickly discovered that I was an utter wasted slot as a healer.

    I'll see myself out again. Maybe I'll come take a look in a few months. :/

  8. #8
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Came back after an absence of six or so months, took my super-fun Chloro spec out for a spin, and quickly discovered that I was an utter wasted slot as a healer.

    I'll see myself out again. Maybe I'll come take a look in a few months. :/
    It really is a shame what Trion has done. Rift is no longer a trinity based PVP game. They just eliminated healing and added HP to everyone. Even broken primalist is still just AE fluff heals that get through as opposed to being nerfed like other AE classes. ST heal builds are useless in Rift - even though that used to be the one of the foundations of Rift PVP.

    Rift got rid of hardcore pvp and raiding in the game. Now they wonder why they have to build a Prime server just to keep the game afloat. Without those two populations (even though they are smaller than the general pop overall) the game will not survive.

    The sad part is that everyone sees this and knows exactly what caused it except for Rift management. They literally swapped PVP and Raiding for wardrobes, lockboxes and dimensions. What you saw when you logged in and played for a little bit is what happens when MMO companies do that.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default

    ".. To my biggest surprise by wanting to heal a player I gave him 205 of heal ... so as if I was lvl20 and he lvl 60 ..."

    That's the perfect way to describe how I feel, too! Like a level 20 healing a level 60.

    It's so disheartening when I have such a hard time healing my team mates.

    If someone is low on health, I can normally bring them to full health with one or two spells. However, in PvP, I can stand there, tossing my biggest heals on a fellow player, and it might take a few minutes to bring them back to full health (if no one is attacking us).

    Someone once mentioned that my heals might get better if I buy PvP gear, but I'm confused by this, because the stats on the pvp gear in the rift store are much lower than my current gear (which is a mix of expert dungeons, irotp and TDez, summerfest seal, grim rememberance trinket and ring, planar focus from Planar Defense Force rep, etc).

    Maybe there could be several different types of battlefields? One where people can heal normally, and one for the lower heals? I'd queue for the normal heal one all the time (then again, maybe DPSers might queue only for the low-heal one, haha)

    I played PvP in World of Warcraft about a decade ago, and I seem to remember having fun, there. My heals were good there, regardless of whether I was in my PvP gear or raiding gear. Maybe Rift could borrow a few ideas from WoW? I'm not sure how exactly the WoW programmers did it, but healing didn't seem so impossible in their battlegrounds, as it does in Rift.

    Anyway, could anyone please verify that the pvp gear WILL improve heals? Even though it has much less stats? If so, then I'm willing to queue pvp and work towards that.

  10. #10
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Someone once mentioned that my heals might get better if I buy PvP gear, but I'm confused by this, because the stats on the pvp gear in the rift store are much lower than my current gear (which is a mix of expert dungeons, irotp and TDez, summerfest seal, grim rememberance trinket and ring, planar focus from Planar Defense Force rep, etc).
    Non pvp gear downbolstered in pvp and usually have worse stats than pvp gear (there are exceptions, some lvl 65 gear is BiS for pvp, but in general just go with pvp gear).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  11. #11
    Telaran Purrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Having PvP gear makes a huge difference to your performance in matches. I remember being a new lvl 70 entering wf's and thinking omg my heals are so sucky but with the mindset that any heal is a good heal i persevered and got my PvP gear and lvlled my fragments (although they still arnt the best) and now i can throw out very decent numbers.

    If I see another healer on my team thats better than me I will aim my heals at them to keep them alive to keep the rest of the team alive. Dont listen to people that comment on your healing, people need to acknowledge that we take a hell of a beating in every match and do our best but people like to complain no matter what, when I play Dps I'm grateful for any heal so my advice is to persevere and just do your best and dont get disheartened it will get better as you progress.

    If your finding it to hard then do as others suggest and role a tank so you can at least stay alive until you get your gear. Most of all have fun PvP can still be fun and a place to make friends and most of us are hoping for good changes to come that will help balance things out between all callings in the future.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

    Karma..what goes around comes around.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts