+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rift Prime

Default Rift Prime

What are you guys thinking about Rift Prime for PvP?

I like the idea but I cant help but think about what was offered with SFP and how most of it never really happened.

Sadly I'm a sucker for Rift and will cough up the money, even in advance, in hopes it will bring balance and players into WFs.

So.. what are you guys thinking about it?

I think it's a great idea so the players that loathe P2W models can go there and be all Primey together so the rest of us can have more options in the Rift store.

Prophet of Telara

I was excited beacuse I thought I`ll be able to play old mage builds in PvP like pyrodom, pyrochloro ect. But if I`m correct we will only be able to play current builds. So no thanks.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Although it was fun the first time- and made the subscription well worth it- I have little interest in paying a fee simply to return to content I had done years before.

Especially when there will only be a tiny fraction of the original population number.

If it's the souls that were made for level 50 balance wise( e.g Dominator with it's drains back) then I would be looking forward to it. Specs like chlorodom/pyrodom nb/rs rb/champ senticar are just some of the specs that were popular and unique.

If it's just level 70 souls cut down to 51 points I won't even bother as that's not what vanilla was like and they will have completely missed the mark.
    Harrisonford

I just don't see how they think people will spend almost the same price of WoW's sub with 1/16 less pvp content. I could see maybe like $5 per month, but if its like $14.99 per month like it use to be for barely any pvp content people will just play WoW. Bring back owpvp, pvp rift's, owpvp dailies for reward's, new pvp achievement's and fix the bugged one's, Fix the leaderboard's, and new pvp gear people actually might come back. I could go on and on what they could do. I just don't want to see 85% rogues in owpvp and in warfront's like this game has always been. Soul Balance is probably the most important thing they need to focus on then worry about what to add to pvp in the future.

They originally designed cleric's to heal yet in pvp they are the worst healers to use as of today. Then you have Dominator which is suppose to be a pvp support soul, yet you cant even use it in pvp cause its so messed up and serves no purpose. For a long time Dominator was the reason why i played this game. Rogues really for once need to be not favored like its been for years. I would hate to say this but even bring back CQ or Port scion map the 20 man raids for pvp with just minor adjustments.

They can not expect us to go play AA like we have been told by someone that i don't want to mention, which i swear caused a lot of people to quit this game just for saying that. PvP use to really hold this game together on the down time of raiding or whatever pve'ers did. It's a important factor of this game always was. PvP has been really Neglected for year's now, yet i seem to always comeback cause i somehow have hope one day i will have the best pvp experience like i use to have with this game.

There is just so much work that NEED's be done with pvp it might just be to late or to beyond fixing like many say already. If something does not happen soon to improve pvp i just don't see how this game is going to get by with just focusing on dimmer's and pve like it has been.
    Last edited by hmmpvp; 01-19-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Theres so much broken in pvp I really dont see them able to fix it. Specially with the thin staff they got now. And how can they even try to sell us pvp now with that one famous saying.

Ive gotten pvp out of my system almost. Ill do a warfront in the hopes of what it used to be, reality will hit and go farm TD for intels rest of the day... even then my play time drastically dropped the past month

They can flip me upside down and shake all they want. No more money is gonna drop for them
    Last edited by HeLLBoY77; 01-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I kinda like the idea of this, one concern is if it only runs 9-12months you are going to see huge expansions released in a short amount of time. It certainly isn't geared towards casual players because you will have to level quickly to enjoy the content before it's bypassed by the next content release. It could be pretty cool or you could get behind and miss alot for one of the short seasons.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Rift Master

I strongly doubt I'll go for Prime.

So my thought is that the original Vanilla content was rolled out over the course of two years. And that's a lot of raids. Not to mention leveling and notoriety grinding. And I almost forgot about the expert and master dungeons! To do that in a year sounds pretty exhausting, which is the reason I doubt I'll do it.

But you have to wonder if they keep the weekly raid lockouts? With that much content and a limit of a year to do it, would it make sense to force the same lockouts? How much time would there even be between one raid release and the next? Enough time to gear up a raid full of people to tackle the newly-released content?
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    I strongly doubt I'll go for Prime.

So my thought is that the original Vanilla content was rolled out over the course of two years. And that's a lot of raids. Not to mention leveling and notoriety grinding. And I almost forgot about the expert and master dungeons! To do that in a year sounds pretty exhausting, which is the reason I doubt I'll do it.

But you have to wonder if they keep the weekly raid lockouts? With that much content and a limit of a year to do it, would it make sense to force the same lockouts? How much time would there even be between one raid release and the next? Enough time to gear up a raid full of people to tackle the newly-released content?
    Very good point. Depending on the difficulty of progression imaging a new raid every month is pretty cool if you can keep up, however this is only my perspective because I just started playing this xpac so it's all new content for me at least. In fact looking at how many raids actually exist this might be more then 1 raid per month, not including all the dungeons and not to mention having to level to the existing cap and prepping for raids/professions. Think of the end of this life cycle and trying to complete your crafted gear and eternal weapon grind in 5 weeks or getting enough crafting marks to buy the recipes you want.

Edit: this thread is geared more towards PvP, wasn't my intention to take away from your topic. Sorry!
    Last edited by Poshy; 01-19-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

I think split the community is an huge error, we already saw that many times, "a vanilla like" shard, on many games. When the hype go off after a couple of months, people leave the shard, and don't come back on the live clusters. In 100% of case it finished by a fail. They should focus all efforts on live instead of this.
    Balls

<SlashFlex>

I also don't agree with splitting the population, as it is atm we hardly have enough people to do the current content thats available. Warfront population is at a all lvl low and the ones that participate are sick of being slaughtered over and over again by broken specs.

I also have no desire to reroll new toons when i've spent the last 7 years building the ones I have, yes the old content was good but *been there done that* got the t'shirt. If I also read correctly its for a period of 12 months. So at the end of 12 months all my hard work goes poof?

Personally i just want the current problems fixed, if they do that people will start to come back or the ones they have left wont leave.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Rift Master

Rift Prime - Can we go back to pvp stat gear? That would be a draw.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Plane Walker

I think Rift Prime will be better for PvP because I feel Trion is going the route of making their game both pay to play and pay to win and PvP is going to become more and more pay to win in the free to play (pay to win model.) I don't understand why people would sub to Rift Prime when they can just sub to other games like WoW or MMO's with at least 100K active users which are offering much more. I could alway just play Rift for dimensions and play another really popular MMO for its PvP and PvE.. hmm.. I don't know what they are really thinking. This is not like Archeage at all. They took a very popular game and published it in America. Rift popular in America so relaunching it on the same platform and the same audience shouldn't grow the player base but divide it.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-20-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Plane Walker

Lazy
    Tenchars
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast