+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: PVP Balance is happening

Default PVP Balance is happening

I have spent the last two weeks pvping and finally I do see a balance...dont change it..I think it has finally met each and all of us. I mean I can actually hold my own and its been very enjoyable. I also see others enjoying the same. I run a spec that should be killed fast but nope and all of us are running the same so..I almost want to say this is the most balanced I have seen pvp in a long while here. I am truly enjoying it, because I feel like the challenge is the same for everyone. So please dont nerf it. I think the only way it is better is as if facing a fully loaded geared team. Sometimes I get in them and the primalist will take over..but what I've seen and contributed , anyone can win or loose.I feel like pvp is finally at its closest marks. Let the best team win.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I have spent the last two weeks pvping and finally I do see a balance...dont change it..I think it has finally met each and all of us. I mean I can actually hold my own and its been very enjoyable. I also see others enjoying the same. I run a spec that should be killed fast but nope and all of us are running the same so..I almost want to say this is the most balanced I have seen pvp in a long while here. I am truly enjoying it, because I feel like the challenge is the same for everyone. So please dont nerf it. I think the only way it is better is as if facing a fully loaded geared team. Sometimes I get in them and the primalist will take over..but what I've seen and contributed , anyone can win or loose.I feel like pvp is finally at its closest marks. Let the best team win.
    Let me correct you..let the team with more bladedancers and warlords win...
    Last edited by bollesti; 12-17-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Well best not let a primalist pick up any objective (less they on your team).
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

I don't understand why someone can't sit down at the developer table look at things objectively and make simple big picture changes,

Things are just way to over done in rift pvp. alot of these things should just be individually sought out for balance in rift pvp like pulls and cc's tone them down a little bit. Some classes can go across the whole map before someones global cool down is up. rogue can port them selves through the map literally on a distance that doesn't make sense even from an objectives fairness standpoint.

pvp needs to be streamlined. and I dont get why this is so hard it's practical quality of life changes that from my experience the players base would find to radical. They need to be done for its own good. to keep the big picture competitive and reasonable. Rift pvp almost inherently breads frustration and anger because an OP skill dictates clutch moments way to much.

Let players dictate the skill and clutch fun moments will happen more and more people will play it.
    There's to much of a set it and forget it structure in rift. press a button and leave it for a while.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I don't understand why someone can't sit down at the developer table look at things objectively and make simple big picture changes,

Things are just way to over done in rift pvp. alot of these things should just be individually sought out for balance in rift pvp like pulls and cc's tone them down a little bit. Some classes can go across the whole map before someones global cool down is up. rogue can port them selves through the map literally on a distance that doesn't make sense even from an objectives fairness standpoint.

pvp needs to be streamlined. and I dont get why this is so hard it's practical quality of life changes that from my experience the players base would find to radical. They need to be done for its own good. to keep the big picture competitive and reasonable. Rift pvp almost inherently breads frustration and anger because an OP skill dictates clutch moments way to much.

Let players dictate the skill and clutch fun moments will happen more and more people will play it.
    There's to much of a set it and forget it structure in rift. press a button and leave it for a while.
    In your comment about "why can't devs sit down at a table..." There was only one class dev for a long time. And now he's gone. They said they wouldn't be hiring anyone. So we are stuck with whoever is left to pick up the slack. I wouldn't get my hopes up with a team of rougly 20-25 people. 2.5 raid devs and no class dev, at least until they officially state there is a new one.
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    They said they wouldn't be hiring anyone.
    Really?

Huh.. all I can say is like..

You know what.. I dont even know what to say..

Wait.. I remember now, Playing the new MK will be funny af

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Well best not let a primalist pick up any objective (less they on your team).
    Haha, true.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

I agree with this and the cc's for sure need to be looked at.
    All I'm saying here is that before I had no fighting chance and now I do somehow lol. It of course is still unbalanced but I feel like its a little better than before.

To the OP, you must not pvp enough to not realize bladedancer is really far from being balanced. Either that or you are trolling.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    In your comment about "why can't devs sit down at a table..." There was only one class dev for a long time. And now he's gone. They said they wouldn't be hiring anyone. So we are stuck with whoever is left to pick up the slack. I wouldn't get my hopes up with a team of rougly 20-25 people. 2.5 raid devs and no class dev, at least until they officially state there is a new one.
    I say this because, my point is towards things that have existed universally in pvp for 6+ years that are excessive and cause quality of life issues. things that existed through all the changes that the souls get. I say this in hindsight.

They say pvp can't be perfected but these are simple rules of thumb.
    Some are miscellaneous things.
    Such as refillable drinks for healing or a play again button
    CC's to long. and skills that have to much effect.
    No perma stealth in a arena atmosphere that has objectives.
    COLLISION DETECTION so ranged projectiles already casted don't spam through objects because of coding.

Not sure if I am allowed to mention another game in here and some will laugh at me for bringing this game up.

But LoL went through many of these types of balance standards in its early era.

They had pulls but reasonable and capture devices didn't go 10 miles.
    Pantheons leap used to go across the whole map.
    Stuns and cc's were reasonable effective yet never got annoying
    Had stealth but realized that it had to be limited.
    tanks effective could die but reasonable.
    This doesnt take rocket science.

when it comes to perfecting pvp those challenges have nothing to do with obvious things like what ive mentioned.

what im talking about are simple things that have lasted and lasted yet have huge effect of competition.
    It's subconscious effect as well and turns people off because they been here for so long. I believe pvp would garner more players if things weren't so outlandish. We want the playing of individuals too stand out not some op global cooldown or permanent state like afk'ing in stealth.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-19-2017 at 05:53 PM.

As a Mage, some abilities have damage reductions so that means regardless of what soul I'm in, those abilities will deal reduced damage compared to other abilities. When my abilities already have large damage reductions and get reduced more, then it becomes harder to kill people. In this current state the overpowered souls and specs that were crazy strong before, now kill people in 10-15 seconds because they are still overpowered. We need individual nerfs and changes, not a global damage reduction to all specs across the board.

It is like reducing the damage of all range specs because some range specs are better than others in pve, then creating an instance where you cannot play melee at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    All I'm saying here is that before I had no fighting chance and now I do somehow lol. It of course is still unbalanced but I feel like its a little better than before.
    Less skilled players on the field, more people gave up caring.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

I give it a year, two max before server costs are higher than earnings.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

I guess I was just saying things are more fair...and trust me I walked into wf's with a Pyro and than switched to lock/necro/dom than I switched to lock/necro/arb.

I feel as if most people dont know how to play the objectives and that is what kills my team everytime.

For example today in Whitefall,everyone rushes it to grab the stone and once you return it..it is up for grabs so I was the only one to take that away and run it all the way to our base,
    (yep it truly happened) I rand the flag all the way back and landed us a point but no one was defending ...and honestly Its about playing the game and not kills or best dps or whatever..I am very tired of working with those that let the ball drop. Sure we are all imbalanced but at the same time I have a chance because if my team ff's on the right target than its over town. I put very small trust in that so I just go after the objectives. Pvp is all about all of it...but I hear you guys when some healer has the stone or many healers surround them but again its about focus fire...can I blame this game? Sure in ways but not really because as a team we can dominate.

I dont know, I just wonder what everyone is doing dicking around on the moon, meanwhile ME go after the flag carrier and or sabotage them..I just dont get it..
    Last edited by MissGreen; 12-26-2017 at 08:51 PM.

I say this because, my point is towards things that have existed universally in pvp for 6+ years that are excessive and cause quality of life issues. things that existed through all the changes that the souls get. I say this in hindsight.

They say pvp can't be perfected but these are simple rules of thumb.
    Some are miscellaneous things.
    Such as refillable drinks for healing or a play again button
    CC's to long. and skills that have to much effect.
    No perma stealth in a arena atmosphere that has objectives.
    COLLISION DETECTION so ranged projectiles already casted don't spam through objects because of coding.

Not sure if I am allowed to mention another game in here and some will laugh at me for bringing this game up.

But LoL went through many of these types of balance standards in its early era.

They had pulls but reasonable and capture devices didn't go 10 miles.
    Pantheons leap used to go across the whole map.
    Stuns and cc's were reasonable effective yet never got annoying
    Had stealth but realized that it had to be limited.
    tanks effective could die but reasonable.
    This doesnt take rocket science.

when it comes to perfecting pvp those challenges have nothing to do with obvious things like what ive mentioned.

what im talking about are simple things that have lasted and lasted yet have huge effect of competition.
    It's subconscious effect as well and turns people off because they been here for so long. I believe pvp would garner more players if things weren't so outlandish. We want the playing of individuals too stand out not some op global cooldown or permanent state like afk'ing in stealth.
    Right on..I feel as if all the crap they incorperated in the game just turns to sand..where is the granite? Where is the defiant players without holding onto the money changing hands?, Maybe strip them away and see how it goes, but they dont have a dev to do just that..they would have to wipe the entire life line of souls in this game and honestly that is beyond a shame. I say to Trion ..stop wasting time and money on fluff items and get your programmers right. Ya know someone that might know a thing or two about balancing. These devs that took place of the originals are good , dont get me wrong but in order to have order you must have some kind of order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast