+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Nerf Bladedancer....

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple hmmpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    123

    Default Nerf Bladedancer....

    That's all we ask for now, baby steps first.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

  2. #2
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default

    I have to just shamelessly bump this. because bd is ridiculous and is a slap in the face of anyone whos worked on a class other than rogue.

    It basically becomes unstoppable juggernaut. It reaches top dmg every wf whilst doing more helaing than most healers.

    The fact that this thing does hands down the most dmg of any class in in rift pvp whilst reaching top 50 healing done at the same time in the same spec is insane.

    In many cases it ruins wf's for both teams. It will steal evry single kill under the sun robbing all blood thirsty procs taking any momentum from any class that needs the procs to survive.
    The bladedancer can survive taking all kills while he watches his team totally die and lose.
    and because the damn can't be killed both teams just flat out die. By the time the enemy team kills the bladedancers team it will just sweep them up to

    with pockets and its ridiuclous self healing scaling it becomes ridiculous to the point where people stop playing.

    by the time you take out their healer their own version of ttk kicks in their momentum is to far ahead and becomes impossible to protect your own healer.

    I understand that trion you dont have the resources or the inclination to make pvp perfect. whatever the story is doesn't pay to at least preserve the part of the game that people still enjoy?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Faragonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    There are many things that need to be fixed. Yes BD sucks to play against, top damage, top kbs, most cases top heals. Prima heals are ridiculous, and now u got trolls cross healing each other at flags and stones. Warriors a quick death is too much. Clerics defiler is pointless, unless u wanna see yourself on the leaderboards for self healing. But, I don't think there is anyone at this moment that can do anything about this. People have quit, moved on etc....who's left that can make any kind of changes?

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I have to just shamelessly bump this. because bd is ridiculous and is a slap in the face of anyone whos worked on a class other than rogue.
    If they nerfed BD the only class that would benefit is warrior.

    Warrior will just become the new BD. Warrior was the class that was broken and had too high TTK and killing power before BD came along....
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-14-2017 at 10:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander disso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    If they nerfed BD the only class that would benefit is warrior.
    Are you ******* serious? Everyone would benefit if this BD terrorism would finaly stop. I dunno if you're talking about NMT, but BD is pretty much ridicilously broken since SFP, got its ST damage boosted in 4.1 (nobody knows why, quote "BD is in a good place") and now got non reduced selfheal on top in 4.3 (nobody knows why) Deals more damage, than any healer can heal, selfheals more than 80% of specs can deal damage. But yeah... Only Warriors would benefit if Bladedancer is nerfed.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

  6. #6
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Are you ******* serious? Everyone would benefit if this BD terrorism would finaly stop. I dunno if you're talking about NMT, but BD is pretty much ridicilously broken since SFP, got its ST damage boosted in 4.1 (nobody knows why, quote "BD is in a good place") and now got non reduced selfheal on top in 4.3 (nobody knows why) Deals more damage, than any healer can heal, selfheals more than 80% of specs can deal damage. But yeah... Only Warriors would benefit if Bladedancer is nerfed.
    You also cannot stun bladedancer with there extra break free and CC imunnity with dancing steel. you can try and stun bot build them and it won't matter. even if their self healing was toned down their dmg is 2 steps ahead of all classes. We constantly hear that this game isn't designed around pvp but tell me how rogue isn't.

    I'll agree that warriors are in a good place but they can be killed and warlord doesn't somehow magically get stronger because bladedancer isn't steamrolling wf's. I'd even take a nerf to warlord to get rid of this annoyance. But hell with evry change rogue somehow miraculously is set to come out on top.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 12-15-2017 at 03:08 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Just nerf Slashflex and we be fine but serious yes BD need a nerf and Warlord to.
    Last edited by bollesti; 12-15-2017 at 07:00 AM.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Purrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hurts to say as I've never really asked for any nerfs thru the years but I have to admit that BD's are ridiculous atm. Lets be honest we are really only talking about a couple of players on NA who seem to be able to put out huge numbers far above any other BD's.

    Their numbers are so high that when your team see's them on the other side in a wf they immediately give up because you know its just gonna be a kill fest with no chance of a win or even a fun fight.

    Trion look at the leaderboards and look at the number 1 damage dealer and tell us how on earth one player can achieve that number when number 2 and down is like 5 times the damage less. It would only take any one of you to check the boards each week.

    I have been playing my Primalist healer and yes I can do a lot of heals but let me tell you I work my *** off in each match to achieve this, do we need a nerf? I hope not because if you do then you take away the only hope anyone has of combating these guys and even then said players can burn me down in seconds.

    Since the huge global nerf to everyone PvP isnt much fun for anyone at the moment and these guys are just making it more miserable. When I started Rift PvP was a large part of the game now you say it was not intended to be..well it was and had a huge following but slowly over the years you have just seemed to put it in the closet, please dont do this some of us only played for the PvP and it with the right management and time spent it could be a big part again. We have $ if there was anything to buy for PvP which there isnt and it would entice more players back and more players to join and you wouldn't lose the loyal players you already have.

    With all the staff problems you are having and problems with the game now i the time you guys need to really take a hard look at the state of the game and what the community is asking of you so we can still all be here in years to come.
    Forgive your enemy but remember the bastards name.

    Karma..what goes around comes around.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Whats funny is, i used to love bladedancer for pve; back at 65 and previous levels. When they released new legendary abilities, to have those 2 overpowered dances together, and a way to refresh them. I looked forward to what this spec could do, it was great for awhile in the beginning, but because of pvp complaints, the aoe was reduced from 8 targets to 4 targets. Now, in terms of pve, its used as a solo spec mostly. Not competitive anymore for real aoe dmg compared to hellfire options.

    I think its a mistake to make changes for souls based on pvp play. Pvp needs a major overhaul, pretty much reworked from the ground up to put everyone back on an even playing field. I don't believe trion capable of making the changes needed, which is why I found new pvp avenues. These bandaid fixes for pvp aren't helpful and negatively affecting the pve side of the game.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Lulutala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    133

    Default

    The complaints for BD are like a year too late. In 4.0 it was obvious this spec was broken but people only paid attention to the aoe damage it was doing so once that was nerfed people stopped caring as much because damage was so high for other callings during that patch.

    The spec was always good this expansion especially on BG/Dex/BA. It's bizarre that people who mained rogues never played it, it's legit one of the easiest melee specs in the game to play. The problem now is you have a tiny playerbase of probably 50 regulars in pvp and the guys in SF are the only "serious" pvp guild left on NA who regularly runs groups and the rogues there (including myself when i log) play BD as it's leaps and bounds ahead of everything else.

    With the class lead recently quitting the chances of anything getting looked at for pvp are slim to none at this point.
    Harrisonford

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Good luck, keyens their only class dev left a few weeks ago. They aren't hiring anymore. They lost 4-5 actual devs this year. I just wanted you to know that these changes will either never happen or will take many months to take place.
    Remember when Rift was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301

    Default

    What are you talking about? That solo queue guy that plays that stun tank has like a 65% + win rate. He is the most ridiculous PvPer. But no one cares about that only the kill rate. Rogue is ridiculous. Such a broken and OP class. Almost seems legit on purpose... Or someone important needed a severe handicap bonus just to play their rogue and it just comes out on top for all of them. And MM with Hellfire blades in T2 etc. The honest truth .. I think rogue is awesome and the other classes are just gimped. Like cleric can't reach any good synergy and like every other class is being targeted other than rogue. And devs won't allow other classes to have good things like 1 sec gcd or ogcd abilities so scaling is broken.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-15-2017 at 07:01 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Look at the dps of warlock back at this time last year. They were doing over 70K in pvp on 3 targets. BD is only broken because other classes have less killing power now. If other classes had more killing power I think it would look much different. Like buff to the mage and cleric classes in killing power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8riCmLh7Hhg
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 12-21-2017 at 08:25 PM.

  14. #14
    Telaran Tymer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Just nerf Slashflex and we be fine but serious yes BD need a nerf and Warlord to.
    every thing in that sentence is wrong
    What is Burst? <Coriolis>

  15. #15
    Telaran Tymer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmmpvp View Post
    That's all we ask for now, baby steps first.
    u can counter BD easily fyi
    What is Burst? <Coriolis>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts