+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Nerf Bladedancer....

Shadowlander

In Rift pvp, yu have 0 chonce as range gamer. Pls push range dd classes, we have 0 chonce in pvp gaming. all meele klasses have many more dmg.
    Bigpummp,Cl,Bobsing@Brutwacht

Instead of nerfing a class, perhaps introducing counter measures for the other roles/classes instead .

eg, make healers' shields reflect set amount of damage instead of shielding players from
    that amount of damage. This would be one way to counter big damage dealers and revitalize some of the healing specs while bringing the dps-healer concept back into the game ( chloro is just not up to par to the current state of the game ) . Of course the value,cd and how far up in the soul tree would need to be taken into consideration, and make the shields purge-able, so this counter measure to big dps has it's own countermeasure , eliminating possibilities of healers from been unkillable early on.

Or, give all classes innate dodge that works on both melee and ranged/magic attacks, but make it based on an off stat instead of based on main stat. ( make tank souls' ability that grants dodge etc replace this innate dodge rate instead of stacking on top of it in wfs) OP players already have their main stats stacked up, you don't want them to be doing crazy damage while dodging most of the incoming attacks . Make it based on off stats would be more fair since off stats don't vary nearly as drastically as main stats among average players .

Just not long ago, any random prima would be able to beam to death anyone in wf; most warriors could 1 shot ppl below certain % of hp ; many warlocks would run in dot half a raid to death and run away laughing ; but there are only a handful of BDs that stand out and wrack havoc . Let's be realistic here, this post is not about nerfing BD but more about nerfing Ballz. But players like him who spends time to learn specs, get gear, and utilize resources and abilities situationally , will just come up with a different spec / role and still excel at it and become op again . When ballz notices ppl chain purging him etc, he just switches spec and keep on with the killing spree .

So, yes, purging, snaring, rooting etc etc all heavily effects how well a BD performs. But this requires teamwork. You see alot of funny things in wf as healer : like ppl would get so stuck in tunnel vision, they would stand like a stick whacking a beefy tank while dying; or instead of helping a teammate finishing a low hp target they would run right past it , proudly pick their own target and charge in on auto run etc etc etc. What you don't see alot in wfs tho, unfortunately is team work . I guess it's because teamwork requires ppl to sacrifice some number on the dps / heal meter, stun/interrupt/purge/snare etc etc don't make you look like a hero on the leader board after all . But team work is the key of wining when you are up against a formidable foe -- be it ballz this time, or squarez next time .

Like someone has mentioned in the thread early on, don't nerf a class, nerfing it will just kill it . Blindly nerfing what seems to be the reason of unbalancing, will just cause the scale to tip in another unexpected direction instead . Balancing in rift has been tricky for a long time ever since the triangle of 3 way balancing was broken ( DPS <==>CC<==>Heal) , Cab is fun but in no way it could compare to dominator's ability to control the pace of games before it got nerfed. Unless a 3rd faction like the old dominator is introduced back into the balancing equation, rif pvp will continue to be unbalanced .

In the news letter, it was mentioned that the pvp aspect of the game will get looked into -- that's great news , I'm hopeful and can't wait to see what's going to happen .
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram/Arrama the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    Let's be realistic here, this post is not about nerfing BD but more about nerfing Ballz.
    True.. and when "Ballz" jumps on the next broken spec.. we will be here.. talking about w.e twink name "Ballz" plays on then -- Cheers.

I almost forgot... NOM NOM NOM NOM

Default geeezzz

where do I start?

Dev must be sleeping....

I will be back later.......

Quote Originally Posted by Koldir View Post
    So, yes, purging, snaring, rooting etc etc all heavily effects how well a BD performs. But this requires teamwork. You see alot of funny things in wf as healer : like ppl would get so stuck in tunnel vision, they would stand like a stick whacking a beefy tank while dying; or instead of helping a teammate finishing a low hp target they would run right past it , proudly pick their own target and charge in on auto run etc etc etc. What you don't see alot in wfs tho, unfortunately is team work . I guess it's because teamwork requires ppl to sacrifice some number on the dps / heal meter, stun/interrupt/purge/snare etc etc don't make you look like a hero on the leader board after all . But team work is the key of wining when you are up against a formidable foe -- be it ballz this time, or squarez next time . .
    All due respect to ballz.. please dont insert him insert the same sentence as teamwork, he might be good but not what we call teamplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    How do you perma cc with cabalist? You can break free out of every single one of their cc abilities and they also get DR which means their lousy stun last less than a global cool down if used back to back.

Back in old ttk, perma cc was basically as long as they were alive. So I just pulled and cced and they died after 3s with the aoe combined.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Telaran

A lot of people here are focusing on the wrong things. When you are trying to balance a soul, you don't compare people with different skill or gear. You want to compare people with the SAME skill and gear. And gear differences are really huge in rift. These good players got skill + gear + OP spec. So it isn't that surprising that they perform so much better, when gear and specs make so much difference.

With all that has been said most of which is aimed at one particular player. If everyone in that WF actually teamed together and focused that said player instead of being scared stiff of him and allowing him to run rampant, he does die people he isn't god purge the hell outta him and FOCUS as a TEAM.

Still not thinking anyone from trion is looking at leaderboards tho last week Highest damage went as: No 1: 794976042
    No 2: 386583754
    No 3: 282059522

Im sorry but that is one hell of a difference between 1 and 2 and I refuse to believe there is only 1 good player left in rift and this is every week not a one off thing.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Purrdie@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    purge the hell outta him and FOCUS as a TEAM.
    You never played BD I assume because if you did you would know Purge doesn't do much to stop BD from terrorizing you. The BD can be in full uptime burst mode. You know cd you press every 1 min that gives you 10 secs. of burst? Well imagine you press that cd and it gives you 1min of constant burst. That is basically how it is with BD. Purge doesn't do anything against dances. last I check they are unpurgeable and your purge is 10 sec. cd it only takes 2 gcds for BD to refresh its two pugeable buffs that give some healing and some dex. Basically you purge buffs that are mostly useless and don't contribute to any of the BD killing power.

Ohh and by the way they just finished nerfing a single player using sabstalker in PvP. So yes they have nerfed based on 1 or 2 players. The fact that it is not nerfed after 1 year is some problem with Trion Developers.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-11-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    You never played BD I assume because if you did you would know Purge doesn't do much to stop BD from terrorizing you. The BD can be in full uptime burst mode. You know cd you press every 1 min that gives you 10 secs. of burst? Well imagine you press that cd and it gives you 1min of constant burst. That is basically how it is with BD. Purge doesn't do anything against dances. last I check they are unpurgeable and your purge is 10 sec. cd it only takes 2 gcds for BD to refresh its two pugeable buffs that give some healing and some dex. Basically you purge buffs that are mostly useless and don't contribute to any of the BD killing power.

Ohh and by the way they just finished nerfing a single player using sabstalker in PvP. So yes they have nerfed based on 1 or 2 players. The fact that it is not nerfed after 1 year is some problem with Trion Developers.

You've never played BD I assume, because if you did you would know all bladedancer buffs are purgeable with a cooldown of 1 minute, so if you catch them with a purge during their initial rebuff they are useless for the rest of the minute.

Of course most competent Bladedancers will apply purge buffers, but as soon as they are gone you can easily counter a Bladedancer.

Before the forum pvp'ers come screaming at me, i'm not defending BD.

And no, they didn't nerf Stun Grenade because one person was using it, it has been a known issue for a while with plenty of forum posts made on it, it also used to stun PvE bosses.
    Last edited by Maltie; 02-11-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tymer View Post
    u can counter BD easily fyi
    i think that this post was enough to close the thread. i cant believe that devs been so pacient with BD till now... 2 stuns then death gg from 1spec in the game 'thats the last pvp change'.
    lets assume that evryoen sucks in the game except 2-3 BD's that know how to play it, thats what looks like pvp in NA shards. just screw up ur gears and frag sets and roll BD (not rogue).

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    All due respect to ballz.. please dont insert him insert the same sentence as teamwork, he might be good but not what we call teamplayer
    does he realy need a team work? 3-4k hps and 15k dps output, just enough to get down dps
    a healer and 4 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Yeah one bd did that...I was on hundreds' team playing cabalist pulling and perma ccing their whole team in bronze tomb. He aoed after the pull and killed their whole team.

Every game is casual in rift.

If they were competent players then the single bd wouldn't go 40-0.

I agree, that's one of many reasons why I don't play anymore. I want to come back but I know the game is getting worse as time progresses and I don't want to be apart of it.
    thats the thing all other class's sucks (and dont say its about quality of players).
    you need to comeback and play before judjing players like that. we wanna see your competence against current BD. because u cant judge if u didnt test the pvp change yet.

im also semiretired but please all those retired players that post in here, be subjective and talk about live BD and not the players (specialy if you have and even a valid gruge and want rift to go deeper than now, u know your self and who you striking in real didnt get a **** yet dont make it bad for ppl that still play here).

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You've never played BD I assume, because if you did you would know all bladedancer buffs are purgeable with a cooldown of 1 minute, so if you catch them with a purge during their initial rebuff they are useless for the rest of the minute.

Of course most competent Bladedancers will apply purge buffers, but as soon as they are gone you can easily counter a Bladedancer.

Based on my experience playing a Bd, most Rhythmic buffs can be purged except Legendary Fated Blades.

Another effective to deal with BDs is CC'ing them when they're about to refresh their buffs depending on how long is the cc.

Buffs can be refreshed when there's 4.5 - 0 seconds left, so that's a perfect time to throw a long cc assuming they haven't used a Break Free which bd can have 3 of them.

Here is BD's buffs tracker for karuulalert, in case someone needs it.

Code:
    KA::AXFQheNqtkd1qwyAUx18lT9DFfJnglUkUdrF1dNldIJxE2wo2KcYOOvbwM46NFUYpbBwvPJ/
    +f55Sg5ABjCJ4nk46eAKj7Jkg0pCjhrM0KwtmJ62PcGflr/U0iVidR2GeU8QrnIYkdB1L/XLbqK0
    lNVi4a1/uW+iVdj2dGqZxbo18VRa0epNoWAkxExznJI1ikuTLQc5IuW6a9UPFHhu2WXzkLQ7d+OY
    y6WOZf5a/c7BSBF7wfIXooozGIY6rrC5xkjKWcn4zyB5Mr8adNN1xD6OdDl3vR3qoDP8XVH1ynzU
    ffvB8g3ylaJhTmhZFnSascouhNzMIudVysGoaEXwuo8BOd/J33R9je7j+

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    You are so wrong. Unless you can purge about 15x a second you will never hit that. Point is purge is useless vs. a BD. Look how many stacks of blade hustle, duelist pose and other stuff you have eat through and they rebuild to 5 stacks near instantly. Rogue is just ridiculously OP class in Rift and its been left that way for far too long. I mean if you were even to balance them fairly half the community would rage quit....lol. Rogue have been overpowered and wildly broken since mid NT. That is a long time.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-11-2018 at 11:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast