+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Nerf Bladedancer....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Qualities View Post
    Hey bud, about your signature, isn't the only one you get on 7 months? i remember well that one, i had 2k ms (and also it's an old SS).

Hope to see to you soon in warfonts instead of logging off or afk stealth when i'm in wfs. You are a good player don't ruin yourself.

But well you and me know.

Just a few from this week to be "an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth".

https://imgur.com/a/D3IcZ

Cya arround.
    You play a large amount of time. I mean I log in literally random hours of the day on alts and you are in PvP. The warlords that do well are not like that and you can see they play significantly less than you so the chances of them to get mega KB streaks are way less. However if you go to KB streaks you can see that players who play similar amount of time usually have the same 20+ KB streaks.

If you play at the odd hours and you get in match against the same below 70 players with 250K or less HP you will most likely keep getting KB streaks that high as you are basically facing free favor pigeons.That is why queue time increases substantially off hours.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-05-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyC View Post
    Ballsofsteel when he dies in a wf

https://youtu.be/im7Ts17CPjA?t=145
    LOL that was so good because you had to fight a BD with... yep BD hahahahahaha

To come back on the topic, first yes Bladedancer need a nerf, i claim it since i’m back on the game.

Let’s be true here, you aren’t complaining by bd itself but a very few players. Also when you balance stuff, you take a look at the average, not the "top tier" or the bottom. So about that, do you guys have really issues with average bd as "good" warlord ? Because if you do, tbh honnest there are may be stuffs you are doing wrong. Also most of rogs aren’t bd, majority of players are on NB, MM, Sin, tank, tank-sab (fml this spec)… sometimes healing or support. But warrior = wl or wc (yes warrior is only 2 souls for pvp, as you i would love to see some other options out these 2 (btw wc is on a very good healing place with farseer and FK not as rog - #makephysgreatagain ))

About the Healing part from bd, most of people are complaining about bd hps (let’s be true, my hps). Where the biggest part come from stuffs that ALL calling can get and use in PvP (PA stuffs, healing potions, reliq insta heal even nmt trinket and masteries (shared with warrior)). The sustain heal by his own from bd isn't that much insane, it will not worry a decent dpser. The stuff is insane only if it's coupled to consommables, PA, trinkets, etc.

Damage part, it’s true that bd damages are high. Both ST and Aoe. But once again not like it’s bd autowin 2 boutons doings 15k or more sustained (or the player complaining about bd should be all actually playing bd, and even if some do, they don't do so well with...), making you also move and think... (tbh you need more than 2 boutons to use often as bd...) There are players behind that. Also when properly played a warlord CAN also sustain the same kind of damages as top bds do. Daft is able to do that, after only 2 weeks of lvl 70… https://imgur.com/a/8UMua i can't wait to see in a few weeks.

Very most of bds aren’t even dangerous. And Tbh i don’t think there is a player here able to kill Naxy or disso’s primas healers alone and full cds in less than a min. Bds or wls can't but me (just to say : Hello farseer op.) And still think some rogs get better frags than me, even if they are all 15 now and honnestly very good. (rng god give me my couple of fire cp t2, and another death dex t2 with CP substat…and frags without tank stats, thanks bud)

Atm the class putting my main the lowest on life are few wls not even the few top bds. (Ballz get close to 10k AP, 5% crit and 2k CP more than the alt you saw on the video earlier..)

On rift, or any other mmo with some pvp, the build, the gear is always an important part, but the stuff that make the TRUE difference is all aside this, moves, backs timming, kiting, tricks, "game intelligence", cc timings (root, slow, kick, stuns, anything)..so many other things, the experience also... It’s and it always been on mmos. To take as example the wow arena ranking, a rank 1 will outplay anything to a rank 1000 but these dudes can be playing the same build, close the same macros, and may be the same gear.

About what harrisonford said, yes bd is very ę basic Ľ and easy to play. But as i think, why there are so HUGE differences between bds even with same gears if it’s soo simple (because it’s). Once again it’s everything aside with the spec.

By experience, when they nerfs they don’t fixe specs, they kill it. So let’s see. But to me wl, bd, also farseer need nerfs (especially crosshealings) and i’ve no doubt about. Think in general, not only for your own person and don’t ask a nerfs because 1 player killed you with a spec… Also to finish OFC there are much more issues than these 3 stuffs, as sab stun, legendary sergeant’s order ignoring immunities (but hopefully not BF), caba also is able to ignore immunities.. and many others issues..

No doubt for that Warriors, primas (even as ST dmg..), Rogues > Mage, Clerc for PvP. Plus raid earing also only works for Rogues, Primas and Warriors in Warfronts.

Anyway facts are here, nothing to arg about. My holiday week is over now. That last week was quite fun on Rift. Going back to work.

@ Aedynn Tbh i’ve no idea who you are but. I don’t have so much higher playtime than him, he is just playing another mmo beside. And it's not like i need to do many warfronts to be top pvp KB for a week, it’s like that since 6-7 months, i think i did over 50 times 30+ only this week. Also i was playing on NA time, i mean morning to evening from NA server time. I wasn’t playing on the EU hours.

ę Hopefully Ľ the ELO matchmaking bring on my side the "pigeons" you are talking about, the most of PvPers are very often against me, even if some noobs are, i’m not interested in focusing and farming them. I’m always focusing PvPers or healers or even caba/dom/supports. I doubt i even get a pop solo without the priority q from Patron, and higher your elo is "harder" making often 'big KB' is "difficult".
    Btw loyauty is only 5% mountspeed, i really don’t know what you are talking about . PM me ingame, i'm always nice with people nice with me. I will not much reply here anymore.

Cya arround

PS : #Bringbackcq2018 - Just a lifting - not much effort.. also some stuffs, needed by Pvpers and also Pvers -> happy pvpers / some players back on the game.
    Last edited by Qualities; 01-07-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Balls

<SlashFlex>

To come back on the topic, first yes Bladedancer need a nerf, i claim it since iím back on the game.

Letís be true here, you arenít complaining by bd itself but a very few players. Also when you balance stuff, you take a look at the average, not the "top tier" or the bottom. So about that, do you guys have really issues with average bd as "good" warlord ? Because if you do, tbh honnest there are may be stuffs you are doing wrong. Also most of rogs arenít bd, majority of players are on NB, MM, Sin, tank, tank-sab (fml this spec)Ö sometimes healing or support. But warrior = wl or wc (yes warrior is only 2 souls for pvp, as you i would love to see some other options out these 2 (btw wc is on a very good healing place with farseer and FK not as rog - #makephysgreatagain ))

About the Healing part from bd, most of people are complaining about bd hps (letís be true, my hps). Where the biggest part come from stuffs that ALL calling can get and use in PvP (PA stuffs, healing potions, reliq insta heal even nmt trinket and masteries (shared with warrior)). The sustain heal by his own from bd isn't that much insane, it will not worry a decent dpser. The stuff is insane only if it's coupled to consommables, PA, trinkets, etc.

Damage part, itís true that bd damages are high. Both ST and Aoe. But once again not like itís bd autowin 2 boutons doings 15k or more sustained (or the player complaining about bd should be all actually playing bd, and even if some do, they don't do so well with...), making you also move and think... (tbh you need more than 2 boutons to use often as bd...) There are players behind that. Also when properly played a warlord CAN also sustain the same kind of damages as top bds do. Daft is able to do that, after only 2 weeks of lvl 70Ö https://imgur.com/a/8UMua i can't wait to see in a few weeks.

Very most of bds arenít even dangerous. And Tbh i donít think there is a player here able to kill Naxy or dissoís primas healers alone and full cds in less than a min. Bds or wls can't but me (just to say : Hello farseer op.) And still think some rogs get better frags than me, even if they are all 15 now and honnestly very good. (rng god give me my couple of fire cp t2, and another death dex t2 with CP substatÖand frags without tank stats, thanks bud)

Atm the class putting my main the lowest on life are few wls not even the few top bds. (Ballz get close to 10k AP, 5% crit and 2k CP more than the alt you saw on the video earlier..)

On rift, or any other mmo with some pvp, the build, the gear is always an important part, but the stuff that make the TRUE difference is all aside this, moves, backs timming, kiting, tricks, "game intelligence", cc timings (root, slow, kick, stuns, anything)..so many other things, the experience also... Itís and it always been on mmos. To take as example the wow arena ranking, a rank 1 will outplay anything to a rank 1000 but these dudes can be playing the same build, close the same macros, and may be the same gear.

About what harrisonford said, yes bd is very ę basic Ľ and easy to play. But as i think, why there are so HUGE differences between bds even with same gears if itís soo simple (because itís). Once again itís everything aside with the spec.

By experience, when they nerfs they donít fixe specs, they kill it. So letís see. But to me wl, bd, also farseer need nerfs (especially crosshealings) and iíve no doubt about. Think in general, not only for your own person and donít ask a nerfs because 1 player killed you with a specÖ Also to finish OFC there are much more issues than these 3 stuffs, as sab stun, legendary sergeantís order ignoring immunities (but hopefully not BF), caba also is able to ignore immunities.. and many others issues..

No doubt for that Warriors, primas (even as ST dmg..), Rogues > Mage, Clerc for PvP. Plus raid earing also only works for Rogues, Primas and Warriors in Warfronts.

Anyway facts are here, nothing to arg about. My holiday week is over now. That last week was quite fun on Rift. Going back to work.

@ Aedynn Tbh iíve no idea who you are but. I donít have so much higher playtime than him, he is just playing another mmo beside. And it's not like i need to do many warfronts to be top pvp KB for a week, itís like that since 6-7 months, i think i did over 50 times 30+ only this week. Also i was playing on NA time, i mean morning to evening from NA server time. I wasnít playing on the EU hours.

ę Hopefully Ľ the ELO matchmaking bring on my side the "pigeons" you are talking about, the most of PvPers are very often against me, even if some noobs are, iím not interested in focusing and farming them. Iím always focusing PvPers or healers or even caba/dom/supports. I doubt i even get a pop solo without the priority q from Patron, and higher your elo is "harder" making often 'big KB' is "difficult".
    Btw loyauty is only 5% mountspeed, i really donít know what you are talking about . PM me ingame, i'm always nice with people nice with me. I will not much reply here anymore.

Cya arround

PS : #Bringbackcq2018 - Just a lifting - not much effort.. also some stuffs, needed by Pvpers and also Pvers -> happy pvpers / some players back on the game.
    50% of BD dps comes from one skill... lol.

Lets be honest here... 1 button is 50% of your dmg.

#onebuttonmeta

Quote Originally Posted by Tymer View Post
    u can counter BD easily fyi
    Would like to hear how in full detail to counter BD solo..... teach us tymer.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

About the Healing part from bd, most of people are complaining about bd hps (let’s be true, my hps). Where the biggest part come from stuffs that ALL calling can get and use in PvP (PA stuffs, healing potions, reliq insta heal even nmt trinket and masteries (shared with warrior)). The sustain heal by his own from bd isn't that much insane, it will not worry a decent dpser. The stuff is insane only if it's coupled to consommables, PA, trinkets, etc.
    He has a valid point here, with PA maxed, mastery (planar replenishment), lvl 65 heal trinket, reliquary of rage potion, and blood thirsty It does a lot of heals. I noticed the other night playing NB i was doing just as much heals as him to myself, but Blood Thirsty plays a big role in that. I don't even use the heal trinket i prefer the dmg one when i dps, just my personal preference. If you own in KB''s, you heal a lot more than normal. That explains why Ballz does so much heals, cause he gets all them kbs.

But being a veteran pvper in this game these days focusing on KB's to look cool on the leaderboards is personally not my style of play most of the time i try to think. I want better Frags and the drop rate is really wack for good ones, so wins to me is way more important than Kb's. Now talk to me years ago when my mind set was different, the player base was better, and more skilled players played this game then ya i focused more on kb's. Times are different now when winning for frags are more important.
    Last edited by hmmpvp; 01-08-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    50% of BD dps comes from one skill... lol.

Lets be honest here... 1 button is 50% of your dmg.

#onebuttonmeta
    Binary Strike and Precision Strike actually hit for roughly the same (which is a bug, Binary should hit harder), you'll only see Precision Strike doing more total damage in the breakdown is because you fit more Precisions into longer parses (you swap out Binary for Empyrean Shot and Twin Cleave to refresh dances), you still need to use a damaging ability before you're able to use Precision Strike (Binary, Empyrean Shot, Twin Cleave or Finishers will be the only ones you'll use).

Before 4.0, the only way you could proc the use of Precision Strike was by using Binary/Keen strike, which is why the rotation was a little better (and why you couldn't use macros), but Bladedancer has been dumbed down so much into this disgusting 4 button rotation spec. They even switched it all to MH damage back in NMT.

There used to be this bug where Energy Manipulation would proc Precision, but that got fixed at some point (no idea when, wasn't on the patch notes)

Still, Bladedancer is boring now.

This entire thread is pretty funny though, arguing about balance when there isn't even a Dev working on it
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Binary Strike and Precision Strike actually hit for roughly the same (which is a bug, Binary should hit harder), you'll only see Precision Strike doing more total damage in the breakdown is because you fit more Precisions into longer parses (you swap out Binary for Empyrean Shot and Twin Cleave to refresh dances), you still need to use a damaging ability before you're able to use Precision Strike (Binary, Empyrean Shot, Twin Cleave or Finishers will be the only ones you'll use).

Before 4.0, the only way you could proc the use of Precision Strike was by using Binary/Keen strike, which is why the rotation was a little better (and why you couldn't use macros), but Bladedancer has been dumbed down so much into this disgusting 4 button rotation spec. They even switched it all to MH damage back in NMT.

There used to be this bug where Energy Manipulation would proc Precision, but that got fixed at some point (no idea when, wasn't on the patch notes)

Still, Bladedancer is boring now.

This entire thread is pretty funny though, arguing about balance when there isn't even a Dev working on it
    Might be time to move on and let the suckers get taken for a ride.

Binary Strike and Precision Strike actually hit for roughly the same (which is a bug, Binary should hit harder), you'll only see Precision Strike doing more total damage in the breakdown is because you fit more Precisions into longer parses (you swap out Binary for Empyrean Shot and Twin Cleave to refresh dances), you still need to use a damaging ability before you're able to use Precision Strike (Binary, Empyrean Shot, Twin Cleave or Finishers will be the only ones you'll use)<snip>
    ----
    Hi there,do you mean the 0pt Empyrean Bolt from Tact? Thanks.

And to Slashflex and BallzofSteel, thanks for making things interesting again, had some good pvp over the holidays.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 01-09-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    ----
    Hi there,do you mean the 0pt Empyrean Bolt from Tact? Thanks.
    I did Silly 6am typos, my bad
    Nixia@Greybriar

Hopefully when or if a new dev gets hired the requests are loud and clear. the point is not that we are arguing about balance when a dev isn't even on it. it's that when a new dev comes in he picks up the ball. In most jobs when new blood gets hired they work harder.

I'm sure part of why this is like this is because people get complacent and don't always do the right thing especially when there is lax supervision.

Soulwalker

all you guys should really STOP asking for nerfs, seriously every time they nerf something they do it half-assed and they screw up WF's even more than it is ... the difference of WF's from back in the day when one could actually lvl wf's alone if they so chose and what it is now is ALL the result of all you guys asking nerf's and changes!! ... seriously, just stop already!

Quote Originally Posted by hmmpvp View Post
    He has a valid point here, with PA maxed, mastery (planar replenishment), lvl 65 heal trinket, reliquary of rage potion, and blood thirsty It does a lot of heals. I noticed the other night playing NB i was doing just as much heals as him to myself, but Blood Thirsty plays a big role in that. I don't even use the heal trinket i prefer the dmg one when i dps, just my personal preference. If you own in KB''s, you heal a lot more than normal. That explains why Ballz does so much heals, cause he gets all them kbs.
    I can run a 1v1 spec use warmongers heal trinket, reliquary of rage with the healing of touch of life (50% total life in pvp) and light's balm from paladin I can't even scratch the amount of healing bd does and this is with the reduced cooldown from paragon. hes not even using the warmonger's trinket.

I can't even do 1/2 hell i can't do an 1/8 of that. and bd is a spec that has the highest damage of any spec in pvp i'd say of all time.

the fact is just because we know how its being done doesn't justify why it can be done. it shouldn't be possible to have a spec that can do that.

and whoever said wl is a direct counter to bd is totally wrong. wl isn't underpowered but its no counter to bd.

really the only way a bd gets countered is if he has no heals and your team has basically 4 and even than the bd ttk is high you basically have to wear it down like they are using some quasi tank spec.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-10-2018 at 03:30 AM.

I think the problem is, whatever you're doing Ballzofsteel - to obliterate everyone over and over and over and over and over and over - in EVERY single warfront without taking a modicum of damage - whether it be lag hacks, spec exploit or you only (out of the other 1,000,000 rogues) figured out that one in a million timing spec super-duper combo move - is not what is intended.

Everyone sees it, every warfront. The groans, the accusations of hacks, the people straight up dropping from the warfront to spend a 15 minute timeout rather than be killed by you repeatedly. Because: Ballzofsteel 30 kills 20 kills 40 kills and 0 deaths. Not only that, you're not kill stealing to get the kill, you're doing 100% of the damage for every single one of those.

So dude, you can say whatever you want about your pvp ideology and how "good" you are. You're just making people quit the game, the longer Trion doesn't identify what you're doing and fix it.

But you're having fun, so I guess we have that going for us - which is nice - in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I think the problem is, whatever you're doing Ballzofsteel - to obliterate everyone over and over and over and over and over and over - in EVERY single warfront without taking a modicum of damage - whether it be lag hacks, spec exploit or you only (out of the other 1,000,000 rogues) figured out that one in a million timing spec super-duper combo move - is not what is intended.

Everyone sees it, every warfront. The groans, the accusations of hacks, the people straight up dropping from the warfront to spend a 15 minute timeout rather than be killed by you repeatedly. Because: Ballzofsteel 30 kills 20 kills 40 kills and 0 deaths. Not only that, you're not kill stealing to get the kill, you're doing 100% of the damage for every single one of those.

So dude, you can say whatever you want about your pvp ideology and how "good" you are. You're just making people quit the game, the longer Trion doesn't identify what you're doing and fix it.

But you're having fun, so I guess we have that going for us - which is nice - in the meantime.
    Sounds to me like a "get good" issue

Bladedancer is one of the easiest specs for rogue, anyone trying to blame "hacks" or "exploits" is just kidding themselves.
    Nixia@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast