+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why not stack hp instead of nerfing dps?

Plane Touched

Default why not stack hp instead of nerfing dps?

instead of taking damage away from players why not just add a 0 at the end of players hp?
    so take a fresh 70 they would have a little over 200k hp so adding a 0 (1,000%) would give them 2m hp, i think high end dps right now is about 600k so this would give about 3-4secs of life 1v1. if this isn't enough one could scale it by 1,500% (3m+ / 4-5sec ttk) or 2,000% (4m / 6-7sec ttk). top end hp is over 3-400k so they would come in at 3-8m. with this much hp healing my not even need much adjusting in pvp.

pvp may also need a cap on armor and block as to limit tank exploiting with all the hp and maybe encourage dodge instead.

this would only effect pvp things like wfs ofc, no one world pvps anymore anyway, then duels could just add the pvp buff.

i just feel players in pvp should be treated as a raid boss instead of a lowly player?
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Plane Touched

As Brasse stated, "Rift is not a PvP centric game". With that said, increasing hp is not a good idea. Simply because the 32-bit threshold for hp has been reached. And trion is unable to use 64 bit, or use 32-bit unsigned int. And you can't compare pve dps to pvp, because of different modifiers and resist values. However, on that note, high-end pve dps is 600k for rotp prog, 750-800k for nmtd prog, and 1m minimum for bos. With players hitting upward of 2m st dps, your numbers are a bit off. Also if you increase current HP values without touching damage values, it'll take forever to kill someone in pvp. The thing is, if you have this much hp, you won't really need heals, the problem in this lies is that some players only play healing specs and refuse to do anything else. You describe this as taking healing completely out.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    ^^
    now i'm concerned about how they can even add more gear or continue the game. why push 70 hp so high if they didn't intend to kill things for the short term buff?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nessis View Post
    now i'm concerned about how they can even add more gear or continue the game. why push 70 hp so high if they didn't intend to kill things for the short term buff?
    The only thing they would be able to do is with new expansion lower/increase max level and nerf everything so that DPS would never get anywhere near 100k let alone 1m+ that we see now. This would allow for boss hp to be lowered and we can start over again and forget POA..
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Shadowlander

As Brasse stated, "Rift is not a PvP centric game". With that said, increasing hp is not a good idea. Simply because the 32-bit threshold for hp has been reached. And trion is unable to use 64 bit, or use 32-bit unsigned int. And you can't compare pve dps to pvp, because of different modifiers and resist values. However, on that note, high-end pve dps is 600k for rotp prog, 750-800k for nmtd prog, and 1m minimum for bos. With players hitting upward of 2m st dps, your numbers are a bit off. Also if you increase current HP values without touching damage values, it'll take forever to kill someone in pvp. The thing is, if you have this much hp, you won't really need heals, the problem in this lies is that some players only play healing specs and refuse to do anything else. You describe this as taking healing completely out.
    His numbers might be off but the concept still stands: scale the HP instead of dps.
    I haven't played Rift for quite some time, but in NMT there are certain gear/essences that are very powerful in PvP but not in PvE because they have effects that deal fixed damage. This change would eliminate such cases which may or may not be desirable.

A 32-bit signed integer can store up to a value of 2.1 billion, how is our current hp anywhere near that?
    <Nefarious>
    9/9 HM MoM (NA #1)
    4/4 HM COA (NA #2)

Plane Touched

The only thing they would be able to do is with new expansion lower/increase max level and nerf everything so that DPS would never get anywhere near 100k let alone 1m+ that we see now. This would allow for boss hp to be lowered and we can start over again and forget POA..
    that makes no sense? you cant take states/dps away as you level that is counter productive. if you can't go up you would just keep it the same or have to rework all gear to have less states then new gear could take you back to max. you could only get away with that maybe once and even then you're getting a lot of hate.

to clarify the point of scaling hp in pvp would be so people could do top pve dps in pvp and remove broken bloistering. then devs could just focus on pve dps instead of fighting pvp bloistering along with working on base dps. since bloistering is in part some of the issues in pvp since it does not scale all things like it should.

and i didn't say anything about removing healing. my thinking is healing was made based on current hp so scaling hp up by 1k-2k% and keeping healing the same healing would be underwhelming (heals based on hp would have to looked at though so they are based on hp before the pvp buff). teams stacking to many healers may need a defuff on healing as to not let that get out of hand. maybe allow 1.5 healers for every 5 players before the debuff is added though this would change depending on what the healing numbers show.

+ Reply to Thread