+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: PvP Is bleeding out due to recent changes. Where is the developer feedback on this?

Shadowlander

Default PvP Is bleeding out due to recent changes. Where is the developer feedback on this?

So is there any update to this? Warfronts are bleeding out. The decision to reduce damage and healing in warfronts to help players live longer HAS NOT helped "new players feel better about their experience". What "obvious cases" have been found since this change? When can we expect a tiny revert to the modifiers that were data mined from Ghar Station community?

-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1UI3UWEZjY#t=7m55
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 11-09-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    So is there any update to this? Warfronts are bleeding out. The decision to reduce damage and healing in warfronts to help players live longer HAS NOT helped "new players feel better about their experience". What "obvious cases" have been found since this change? When can we expect a tiny revert to the modifiers that were data mined from Ghar Station community?

-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1UI3UWEZjY#t=7m55
    Maybe they are monitoring peoples rotations for more data. Like.. before the ttk change there was no point in tossing a hot on people because an instant heal helped more than taking 2-3 seoncds to set some hots on people before you started tossing instant heals on them. Right now I can do a real rotation and not have to spam one instant heal.

That being said... the main problem with PvP are the few OP souls and the UP souls. The current ttk is just letting the real players do a proper rotation. I'm not sure about you guys but a rotation that will maximise your hps or dps in 4-8 seconds should be the meta specs and not... instant nukes. Or I mean... we can all just go play CoD if we want to drop people with 1-3 hits, right? We run in... press two or three buttons and people fall over SO FUN!

I think most of the PvP base went back to CoD -- Rifle.

Unrelated question, is there ever a change that doesn't result in someone claiming it's killing PVP?

I'm curious as to how the experience would be like(in PVP) if the numbers were adjusted a bit (if this is a perma change). Like say from the current unreasonable "(if this being an actual implement)75 percent" be reduced to a 35 percentage fair and MID to see if there would be a rise in War fronts once again(me knowing it would, to be honest *shrugs*).

This could be a test, numerically would give you insight on players and what they prefer. Balance is one thing. You cant please the world, it's impossible.. Returning pvp back to it's original state would just cause more complaints.. I've come to an understanding of this.

Meet in the middle.. Or close.. I'd say around 30 - 35 percent.. That way there's less chances of a "Tie" happening due to players not dying taking a minuscule amount of damage, or worse(which is happening in the current state of the change) "Time" running out.

My thoughts on this matter, Esca
    Escadora@Deepwood
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    I'm curious as to how the experience would be like(in PVP) if the numbers were adjusted a bit (if this is a perma change). Like say from the current unreasonable "(if this being an actual implement)75 percent" be reduced to a 35 percentage fair and MID to see if there would be a rise in War fronts once again(me knowing it would, to be honest *shrugs*).

This could be a test, numerically would give you insight on players and what they prefer. Balance is one thing. You cant please the world, it's impossible.. Returning pvp back to it's original state would just cause more complaints.. I've come to an understanding of this.

Meet in the middle.. Or close.. I'd say around 30 - 35 percent.. That way there's less chances of a "Tie" happening due to players not dying taking a minuscule amount of damage, or worse(which is happening in the current state of the change) "Time" running out.

My thoughts on this matter, Esca
    The TTK is fine... they reduced the damage 75% so all you need to do is... get 3-4 other people with you (who know how to play) and burst the other team. They will die just as fast as if you were alone and the TTK change didnt happen, lol. I'm not good with maths but I think i may be right.

I can see how some would not like the change but as for me (someone who does not use macros and has a rotation) I like the change.

Teamwork Hard -- Rifle.

I'm not trying to troll i'm using satire to prove a point something that alludes this whole community. Because it's specs like bladedancer that should of been toned down along with a much smaller nerf to TTK. not just a huge 75% blanket and leave it alone.

And I never report anyone for what they say on here. And I know many reported me for my outright opposition to rogues.

but so be it. now rogues can do top 50 #1 kb's, damage done and get on the top healing at the same time in the same build.

The ttk wasn't good before and it isn't good now. we have already discussed and ive already made it clear the number now is too high. it;s that simple.
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 11-12-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I'm not trying to troll i'm using satire to prove a point something that alludes this whole community. Because it's specs like bladedancer that should of been toned down along with a much smaller nerf to TTK. not just a huge 75% blanket and leave it alone.

And I never report anyone for what they say on here. And I know many reported me for my outright opposition to rogues.

but so be it. now rogues can do top 50 #1 kb's, damage done and get on the top healing at the same time in the same build.

The ttk wasn't good before and it isn't good now. we have already discussed and ive already made it clear the number now is too high. it;s that simple.
    What you dont understand is warlord also still can do this and I can still do it with nightblade, bladedancer even still hits hard easy to kill.

There is many problems with specs like warlord and bladedancer, they should be tuned down, instead of following some rotation (mostly on bladedancer and please don't give me crap like i use gazillion buttons for playing bladedancer) you were hitting hard but without a good pocket and a player who knows what he does bladedancers were easy to kill always.

Problem is there many things not fixed on whole game, this is same for pvp and pve, here is few for pvp
    1. 65 level gears are best in slot,
    2. bolstered people have more offensive stats than many 70 level player,
    3. damage on certain specs way higher than average,
    4. healing on some specs way higher (prenerf on global healing),
    5. many new souls and their cooldowns didn't get pvp reductions, pvp immunities etc, like primal avatar: ram still heals like ton on pvp compared to other classes ones, stun grenade from sab is unbreakable,
    6. (Prenerf on global damage)thresher maw was simply killing people with 2 gcd, AQD was hitting tons and if player geared more than average and get 9k crit power it was also killing in 2gcd etc etc,
    7. warlord charges, primalist jumps etc ignoring carrier debuff and usable for teleporting while carrying stones,
    8. warrior and rogue 61 level masteries not getting nerf on their healing on pvp, same for bladedancer defensive pose etc.

I can list more problems in whole game for pvp only but you opened threads about bladedancer killed you in 5seconds when all damage stuff was high still like i said there was many skills killing you in 2gcd etc.

So as players we should point real problems not saying damage should be balanced but when you point only 1 soul and point 1 problem like short TTK and get many replies on it, of course it will be first thing they will do to "please" who is pvping yet It showed that global nerf only effected specs which were not hitting hard before, old fotm specs still hitting hard.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-12-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Nerf BD stealth. Nerf Rogues in general.

~Nivlak the Grimy

Soulwalker

Wink I play a Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyC View Post
    Nerf BD stealth. Nerf Rogues in general.

~Nivlak the Grimy
    Sorry but why target rogues yes there are 1 or 2 bladedancers or sin that can burst you in a few seconds i dont know how they do it i can't as a sin.
    Wfs at present are full of mages and warriors, warlocks dots are outragous and should be toned down. Warrior mmmm really only have 1 skill quick death.
    What really worries me is the emergence of more healers,i played back in the day when you stood oppisite each other trying too get a kill because healers ruined it .
    Please dont go back too that.
    I also think pvp has improved and definatly more people trying it ,Ive seen far more below 70 people giving it a go why because they may last a bit longer than they used too back in the burst day.

I know its not perfect but it has improved
    Sorry this isnt negative but i dont care

Plane Walker

Rogue is the most broken and overpowered class in the game. Both in PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Rogue is the most broken and overpowered class in the game. Both in PvP and PvE.
    Yes.. but 70% of people who play MMOs play Rogue. Trion would kind of want the calling that would be most played to be "gud" for the shake of keeping those players in game so they spend money.

Rift is about making Trion money and not creating a well balanced game. It was very clear this was the case in Nightmare Tide but most people ignored it because they became "gud" once they didnt need to grind PvP gear (while learning how to pvp) and just use the PvE gear.

Btw... did you see my forum tag? WARHAMMER MOD!!!!

Rift really needs an Orc race... I'm tired of hating Elves -- Rifle.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Yes.. but 70% of people who play MMOs play Rogue. Trion would kind of want the calling that would be most played to be "gud" for the shake of keeping those players in game so they spend money.

Rift is about making Trion money and not creating a well balanced game. It was very clear this was the case in Nightmare Tide but most people ignored it because they became "gud" once they didnt need to grind PvP gear (while learning how to pvp) and just use the PvE gear.

Btw... did you see my forum tag? WARHAMMER MOD!!!!

Rift really needs an Orc race... I'm tired of hating Elves -- Rifle.
    Mage was better than rogue in PvP back in NT. As soon as they get FK they were the best PvP class in the game since it was invincible basically.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-08-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Soulwalker

honestly rogue do not bother me, healer on the other hand ...
    i mean seriously i did 5 pvp match and each time there was this cleric who could tank 2+ guys bashing her and she only lost 1% per minute ...
    and if you ignore her her target get invulnerable...

the only thing rogue seems to have for them is their CC IIRC ... but currently none manage to kill me with that, hell i could even survive logn enouth to get back full health thanks to a healer ...

no, healing or just the sheer tankyness (less than 1k damage on 200k+hp player ? seems to be the problem i guess ... i dont know why we are so tanky it feel like i am hitting a brick mashing button for minutes for no reason as soon as a healer back them up ...

sometime it just feel like you are better of using one dot => next target[tab] => dot=> next target=> dot to get max favour ...(and oh my god the amount they give was it up since storm legion? )

i dont know if SL pvp was the best, it was in SL that i did pvp the most since i was more focus on leveling during vanilla and doing tons of alt, but it was certainly better.
    Last edited by Metharius; 12-08-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Metharius View Post
    honestly rogue do not bother me, healer on the other hand ...
    i mean seriously i did 5 pvp match and each time there was this cleric who could tank 2+ guys bashing her and she only lost 1% per minute ...
    and if you ignore her her target get invulnerable...

Cleric has 3 of the worse PvP healing souls in the game. They are most countered.
    2 of the cleric DPS souls have to deal damage to itself to even function as DPS and their dps souls do about 1/4 to 1/2 the damage of Rogue because of how their dps specs are reliant on its eternal weapon to be competitive(which does not work in PvP)..
    Then you have shaman and inquisitor where cleanse wipes large amount of damage off the class. And rogue have full cleanse in PA and can stack the most cleanses(bard/phys and tact.) They also have broken legendary healing.. Like FH but not nerfed and BD healing.
    Cleric have tank soul which is worse design outside of fact it has a battle rez. the tank soul is garbage in PvP. Can knock back and fast cap in basically every class or just stun lock and cap. Basically the cleric tank is a joke in PvP. Plus it is the easiest to catch and kill unlike mage, primalist, and rogue tanks. They are just jam packed with mobility. Rogue can blink through walls, fast cap, stealth cap, stun lock, abuse broken pull that has no DR++.

Unfortunately the neglect of balance is for real. All these bugs reported so many times and never fixed. Also, if you nerf BD then rogue have Sin, and if you nerf that they have other spec healing or support or tank than can be played which is vastly superior to cleric. They have the best roles and the best DPS for PVP / PvE.

Instead of Dev for instance putting hard counter to stealth cap or nerfing sin they just make an even worse broken spec for people to complain about like BD for that class. So rogue can be a problem for years and years and years since they completely decided to stack broken OP mechanics or bugs on top of other bugs for years and years. Not to mention almost everytime they introduced a proc on a weapon rogue was broken since the beginning of NT.

Basically there really is no point to play another class. Just rogue.. They have best mechanics, fast playstyle, 1 sec. GCD, most viable souls. Cleric is worse with least viable souls and poor mechanics. Look for instance Shaman.. It needs like 7 abilities that grant a % to damage just to be barely competitive. That shows how terrible the spell casting classes are scaling. Instead of adding more mobility or ttk with legendary it is all about stacking more pre conditions to get damage up to the point where it is close to other classes in pve but only half of rogue in PvP. So you have relatively no on demand burst like you have with Classes like rogue. Cleric also have long CDs like 2 mins for Inq where primalist and other classes that use to one shot can do better on demand burst every 30secs.

Also broken bolstering favors rogue so much. You can stay stuck at 68-69 and have more winning power dps and healing potential over a level 70 decked out cleric with top of the line pvp essences and frags fully maxed. it is beyond ridiculous that people continue to say its okay to play cleric in the last 2 expansions.

Consider the fact that devs targeted Clerics who rely on cab cc and staying dead to be effective in PvP or FH tanking with water jet and you find out that cleric was actually trying to find way to exploit a win when they had NOTHING to counter other classes. That is how bad it become with that class. Meanwhile other classes were just pressing 1111 and blowing the cleric up with OP dps in the same time. That is why today cleric is just a bunch of wall flowers and free favor and even their tanking and cab is garbage. When TTK is this high support like Cab cc is useless.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Telaran

Default lol

rift is unbalancing pvp on purpose

the best example of that is to intentionally giving sab stun grenade dont trigger a break free so thats a huge advantage in pvp to take a flag in front of everybody face
    not fixing alot of major bug that would balance the pvp alot example some mastery not working its been like this for over a year they had all the time to do it

i really dont believe its possible to fail like this and not be on purpose

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast