+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced.

Default Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced.

"Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced. Time to live should be much longer now."

Good very first step, what's next?

EDIT :

I didn't tested out before i made this thread. So my point of view after few warfronts :

- Arround 75% reduction is a way too much. I think we should try 20-25%.
    - Healers look much more impacted than the DD (Damage: 0.15 > 0.04 Healing: 0.175 > 0.045 - source from a mate), it need a review.
    - DD healing spells aren't nerf as the rest ( a defiler is actually doing a better HPS than a FK)
    - Trinkets and vials aren't appropriate to this update. It need a fixe, as example PvP NMT trinkets aren't nerf (dps or heals), it should follow the reductions.

What do you think about and/or what do you suggest?
    Last edited by Qualities; 10-25-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Ballzofsteel@Deepwood

<SlashFlex>

Quote Originally Posted by Qualities View Post
    "Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced. Time to live should be much longer now."

Yeah that 75% across the board damage and healing nerf was a great idea, the tank meta shall LIVE ONCE MORE

Next step hopefully is reverting this joke of a change, I thought pvp couldn't become any worse
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

Drastically is right....This has made WFs utterly boring.

What is the point of even trying to kill someone? It takes literally minutes while they respawn in full health within seconds even if you succeed. So, explain to me strategically why it's even worth trying to kill someone?

Let's all make unkillable tanks and do lame WF objectives. Really? this is fun?

This is a failure in over-correction.

Sure damage needed to go down but, it needed to go modestly and possibly moderately for some classes/souls/abilities.

-Voodoodoo@Deepwood
    Last edited by Kava; 10-25-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Shadowlander

Default "Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced."

Can this please be reverted a tiny bit. I think maybe some damage reduction was needed for some specific abilities like a quick death, thresher's maw, and some crit chance and crit power nerfs to blade dancer, but this has really hurt Warfronts. Please revert this a bit.
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 10-25-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Soulwalker

This change is terrible.
    Even 1/2 of this would have been to much.

Telaran

coffee, more coffee to not fall asleep zzzzzzz

Telaran

yes, please reverse this, or reduce the reduction. PVP matches will take way too long and most players who regularly only pvp are not happy with this change from the feedback i've seen in game.

Thank you

Tbh this just feels like an extremely lazy way to lower the TTK, no PvP changes for almost a year and this is just a slap in the face to anyone who still pvp's in this game.

There have been multiple threads telling the devs what specs are outliers in PvP, this is not how you get balance. Either way, i'm pretty done with PvP if it stays in this state. If the devs decide they want to actually fix whats wrong with PvP, i'd be more than happy to help test it on PTS.

surely this will go better than last three times they did this and then reverted it a week or two later
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Tbh this just feels like an extremely lazy way to lower the TTK, no PvP changes for almost a year and this is just a slap in the face to anyone who still pvp's in this game.

There have been multiple threads telling the devs what specs are outliers in PvP, this is not how you get balance. Either way, i'm pretty done with PvP if it stays in this state. If the devs decide they want to actually fix whats wrong with PvP, i'd be more than happy to help test it on PTS.
    With the Quick backlash, i really wonder if trion will answer for these critics or let their tail between their legs

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

A 75% reduction is way too much. Whereas before TTK was too short, now it is way too long.

25-30% reduction would be more appropriate, in addition to fine-tuning the specific abilities of certain classes (A Quick Death comes immediately to mind).

While you're at it, it would be nice to make it so that Slayer's gear is BiS for PvP, let us upgrade the PvP essences, and give us a decent PvP trinket that's actually for a level 70.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

25-30% reduction would be more appropriate
    Definetly more appropiate to the very few specs causing all the hell in pvp

in addition to fine-tuning the specific abilities of certain classes (A Quick Death comes immediately to mind).
    Ma man <3

What do you think about and/or what do you suggest?
    I think real balance should have taken place but if this is what we are getting until the real pvp update then im fine with it. I would rather stand around doing a rotation waiting for the right chance to burst over pressing 2 or 3 buttons and seeing people fall over.

There is more to pvp than playing fotm and I hope Trion doesnt revert this change, this nerf happened because some of you kept running around in a spec you knew was OP but didn't care and thus the TTK threads started to be made on the forums.

Time to sleep in that bed -- Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    I think real balance should have taken place but if this is what we are getting until the real pvp update then im fine with it. I would rather stand around doing a rotation waiting for the right chance to burst over pressing 2 or 3 buttons and seeing people fall over.

There is more to pvp than playing fotm and I hope Trion doesnt revert this change, this nerf happened because some of you kept running around in a spec you knew was OP but didn't care and thus the TTK threads started to be made on the forums.

Time to sleep in that bed -- Rifle.
    It's outrageous to me that you're trying to blame the playerbase for this horrible decision. Trion failed to prevent the super broken specs from going live. They failed to fix them for almost a year now. And they made this half-assed, shot-in-the-dark attempt to fix it.

I understand that you don't feel it is their fault, on the basis that they simply haven't been given the time and resources to do so. Blatant mismanagement, on the end of whoever it is that allocates the company resources, doesn't absolve Rift of any standards it should be help to. It merely makes it more understandable as to how the devs could let this happens. It's still a massive failure on the shoulders of Trion as a whole, and not on the shoulders of the player.s
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast