+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced.

  1. #61
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs down Pvp Global nerfs

    PVP changes were really harsh .
    Focus on balancing certain classes not something that was fine .
    pvp now is a snooze fest noyone really enjoying it .
    I think something has to be done about it , put it back how it was I think most people will appreciate that. Also make pvp dailies how use to be . This game needs more open world pvp .

  2. #62
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    THis pvp is not baloce. Trion have 75% reduce and not more in last patch.
    Bigpummp,Cl,Bobsing@Brutwacht

  3. #63
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    No dev response?

  4. #64
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Well today is the day. They said they would be looking to make more changes by mid November, and today is mid November patch day. We'll get confirmation very soon.
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 11-16-2017 at 06:50 PM.

  5. #65
    Soulwalker Qualities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Well today is the day. They said they would be looking to make more changes by mid November, and today is mid November patch day. We'll get confirmation very soon.
    The hotfixe #5 is available.
    Last edited by Qualities; 11-15-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Ballzofsteel@Deepwood

    <SlashFlex>

  6. #66
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qualities View Post
    The hotfixe #5 is available.
    Yep, and no pvp changes like they said there would be. What a shame.

  7. #67
    Soulwalker Slaybae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Yep, and no pvp changes like they said there would be. What a shame.
    I dont remember if the patch notes with the pvp nerfs were ever mentioned, maybe something have changed today?
    Last edited by Slaybae; 11-15-2017 at 08:01 AM. Reason: f

  8. #68
    Plane Touched Clowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Yep, and no pvp changes like they said there would be. What a shame.
    From my live stream summary: "Making new adjustments to the numbers after watching how things change, probably in mid November. (EDITOR'S NOTE: no exact date was given, or promise for a change at this point!)."

    https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...ry-october-27/

    They only said they'd re-evaluate the meta by this time, there were no promises about changes in November.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

  9. #69
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    From my live stream summary: "Making new adjustments to the numbers after watching how things change, probably in mid November. (EDITOR'S NOTE: no exact date was given, or promise for a change at this point!)."

    https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...ry-october-27/

    They only said they'd re-evaluate the meta by this time, there were no promises about changes in November.
    Thanks for your summary! I understand there hasn't been any promises made. However, the sheer amount of negative feedback that clearly explains some constructive ideas on how to fix current problem has been shamefully ignored at this point. The only Developer feedback we've gotten on the issue is one telling us to stop making threads about it. Additional threads may not help the conversation, but it does tell you a lot of people have the same idea and the problem needs to be fixed. I even made a specific thread quoting developers on the live stream and asking what they've found, and there is still no feedback from them. Between this main thread on the issue and the one requesting developer feedback there has been over 75 replies and over 20,000 views on the two threads. People obviously have given their constructive feedback and are watching and waiting patiently for some sort of developer feedback. Max level warfronts are turning into the same situation low level warfronts have turned into. Queue times are going way up and warfronts are ending due to small team sizes, and you can take that to the bank. Something needs to be done...

  10. #70
    Champion EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    590

    Default It's a Shame

    When Rift was launched I don't think PVP was a focus, however, it was supported. A funny thing happened on the journey through vanilla and SL --- the PVP was pretty darn good. Sure, there were patches and some imbalance at various times. A game with so much depth in soul building would be tough not to have some gaffes at times.

    With 3.0 Trion moved away from PVP. Developers even openly stated "if you want PVP, try Archeage". I'm not sure Trion ever realized what they had early on. The other thing is that monetizing PVP is extremely difficult, and, with the free to play move, that left PVP out as far as a focus for them. (This is how I see it, anyway).

    Still, its a shame that a game with good PVP for an MMO decided to walk away from that aspect of the game. So, whether they didn't know what they had or they just couldn't make money from it -- you are seeing the result of that 3.0 decision.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Healiios@Deepwood
    Meepz@Deepwood
    RETIRED

  11. #71
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    When Rift was launched I don't think PVP was a focus, however, it was supported. A funny thing happened on the journey through vanilla and SL --- the PVP was pretty darn good. Sure, there were patches and some imbalance at various times. A game with so much depth in soul building would be tough not to have some gaffes at times.

    With 3.0 Trion moved away from PVP. Developers even openly stated "if you want PVP, try Archeage". I'm not sure Trion ever realized what they had early on. The other thing is that monetizing PVP is extremely difficult, and, with the free to play move, that left PVP out as far as a focus for them. (This is how I see it, anyway).

    Still, its a shame that a game with good PVP for an MMO decided to walk away from that aspect of the game. So, whether they didn't know what they had or they just couldn't make money from it -- you are seeing the result of that 3.0 decision.

    Agree except the first line about PvP not being a focus day one. It was a large part of the game(You can see my join date) and lots of people were in warfronts early on. Heck there were even PvP specific souls like Templar, for cleric until they replaced those souls for PVP planar attunement. If anyone that came in around release you would recall all the PvP shards like Seastone is now, there were quite a few non-carebear shards day one. There also used to be open world PvP. Anyone recall the fun times PvP rifts used to be?

    You are right though it did pick up pace later but PvP in rift was really a decent amount of focus until the last 1.5 years. Rift honestly had some of the best PvP gameplay of any game. It is very unfortunate rifts focus went another direction.
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 11-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.

  12. #72
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    36

    Default Live Stream Update

    Asked Keyens about pvp, he said they will be adjusting damage multiplier by 4-5%, healing maybe 1% increase (or that's how the math roughly will work out for healing). We'll see how this works out, at least we now know they're studying what's going on and listening to us a bit.
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 11-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.

  13. #73
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Asked Keyens about pvp, he said they will be adjusting damage multiplier by 4-5%, healing maybe 1% increase (or that's how the math roughly will work out for healing). We'll see how this works out, at least we now know they're studying what's going on and listening to us a bit.
    Thanks, any idea on the timeline? Sad we can't get updates from the devs and people have to go hound them.


    Back to my IPA.

  14. #74
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Asked Keyens about pvp, he said they will be adjusting damage multiplier by 4-5%, healing maybe 1% increase (or that's how the math roughly will work out for healing). We'll see how this works out, at least we now know they're studying what's going on and listening to us a bit.
    I tried when the change was implemented and left quickly. It is a shame, because I was a strict PVP player and spent a very healthy sum of money on this game. When Trion mentions that PVP doesn't make money, they often fail to realize that PVP players spend money outside of PVP on wardrobe, etc.

    This feedback still seems dismal and doesn't prompt me to return. I agree with many others who have commented, though. This game has some of the best PVP I've encountered on in any MMO. I'm upset that it has fallen this far. With such small changes, the same will souls will still be flavor and healers will still be wasted space on a team.

    I miss you Rift. :'(

  15. #75
    Soulwalker disso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    Asked Keyens about pvp, he said they will be adjusting damage multiplier by 4-5%, healing maybe 1% increase (or that's how the math roughly will work out for healing). We'll see how this works out, at least we now know they're studying what's going on and listening to us a bit.
    Just wow.
    Like 5 broken dps specs were the problem, the super lazy change was reducing damage, and reducing heal even more than damage, which was stupid enough. I realy don't know how a sane person would have thought that heal was a problem in pvp. Is this a 5% dmg increase or decrease? (as if it would matter, with specs like BD still threshing on everything with ease, I actualy die faster to them now than before the nerf, what a suprise after this joke of a change)
    1% increased heal? Thanks for nothing, lmao!
    Before fooling around with your multiplier, how about fixing non-reduced heal which is unevenly distributed among classes? (61 Mastery of Warrior and Rogue (What.A.Suprise.), Defiler, Ram etc. etc. as a mage, id be realy happy not to be the only class being at a major disadvantage here, thanks) How about fixing broken cc people reporting and complaining about since like a year already? How about finaly starting to balance the broken classes you produced? How about reducing healpots/items, if all you gonna do now is giving us insignificant global nerfs/buffs ? How about (even tho the not reduced heal is pretty hot already, that is kinda my favorite ) preventing damage pots from scaling with Rogue skills? How about cleaning up your mess before you produce even more? How about finaly listening to the community who right now pretty much agrees about everything that's wrong with pvp? I realy can't believe whats happening here.
    Sorry, but for real, it's not the time for experiments with your multiplier anymore which ruin it for everyone, its time to finaly start fixing things. Or do you wanna pull a CQ and shut down warfronts after some months, because you finaly got everyone out there with your "changes" and nobody is playing it anymore?
    (Jego, this of course isn't adressed to you)
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts