+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced.

All I can say anyone who knows basic rules of math will say that change was wrongly done.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    Some Gadgets tweaks
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch
    Current state of game:

Soulwalker

Default Pillows

At least can we get some over sized pillow skins for weapons? Pillow fight!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    It was mentioned on last Friday's stream that the changes are going to be re-evaluated mid November. With portions of the dev team taking off post-4.3, I would not expect a change this week, or even next.

I would expect changes by November 15th at the earliest, assuming they decide to make changes.
    This really just boggles the mind.

I'm not sure who decided it would be a good idea for such a huge blanket nerf, and I really hope they've figured out that it was dumb. It seems like they've created more work for themselves if they go in and backtrack to fix things that could have been taken care of if they'd just worked incrementally to start with.

Or, they could have simply listened and implemented some of the player recommended changes, especially as regards particular abilities.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default Born to whine

This thread proves that the PVP playerbase will complain no matter what is done.

• No changes? Why no changes.
    • Changes? Don't need changes.
    • Few changes? Too few.
    • Many changes? Too many.
    • TTK too low? Increase.
    • TTK too high? Decrease.
    • Small reduction in TTK? Too small.
    • Large reduction in TTK? Too large.

No wonder they don't listen.

Soulwalker

Default Return PVP

Good evening! I play the rift for a long time and I like the game. I ask you, please, return as it was healing and damage. After the upgrade, none of the healers can heal themselves, and the group has nothing to say. A healer can not heal himself or anyone. WF is empty compared to how many people played before. I would not want the game to focus only on pve. Many players will leave the game if it is not corrected, although as it was before. Thank you in advance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sakatagintoki View Post
    This thread proves that the PVP playerbase will complain no matter what is done.

• Few changes? Too few.
    • TTK too low? Increase.

I disagree, read through every post in this thread other than a few outliers its all pretty consistent. Most wanted some abilities toned down and the TTK upped some. The devs just need to land the TTK in the Goldilocks zone where one extreme is almost instant death and the other is very long boring fights.

Soulwalker

This change shows how little attention they pay to PvP balance. Any decent player immediately sees how broken some abilities are.

The reduction isn't 'global' at all, some stuff just isn't included like masteries. It is very stupid to do these changes without nerfing those obviously op abilities and specs.

Also you now see how poorly designed most warfronts are. When the TTK was really low, it wasn't that hard for the better team to do the objectives. But now even if one team is clearly superior, the other team can still get a draw and make the warfront really boring.

Karthan ridge, black garden, whitefall steppes and blighted antechamber are all terrible warfronts now. The domination maps have always been better. If you really want this low damage, you need to completely redo these warfronts. Or remove them and add good warfronts.

Because of the last patch, the current pool of players in PvP has never been so low. Same hours from past week 2 wfs were running. Right now very long q to get a poor 3v4 match. Honestly people claims pvp is dead since years, but right now it never been so close. It's pretty sad. Something must be done Trion. I mean, really.
    Ballzofsteel@Deepwood

<SlashFlex>

Soulwalker

Alright, I'm going to be 'that guy'.

I actually like the change.

I think it's nice to have duels that last 30 seconds, instead of 3 seconds. To actually fight in group fights rather than getting blown up in a single GCD.

Maybe it was a bit too harsh; to sudden to make such a dramatic change. But rather than complaining about the numerical details, let's address the actual problems there are:

1. A global modifier does nothing to address the long-standing class-balance issues. Both before and after these changes, certain classes are over-represented on both damage and healing. The TTK is higher than it was before, but still varies greatly on a class-by-class basis.

Suggestion: If you want good feedback about what the TTK should be, the TTK needs to be closer across classes, regardless of whether it's high or low overall.

2.Because this 'global modifier' is selectively enforced, you've created new imbalances on top of the old ones, where certain procs are more valuable than the actual attacks triggering them.

Suggestion: All attacks, procs, potions, drinks, etc. should be subject to equivalent pvp reductions.

3. It's too easy to interrupt objectives. This has been a problem in the past, with the Cabalist bug for example, which by itself wouldn't have had any impact on the game, except that it can interrupt captures. With a longer TTK, some players feel encouraged to try to stall out the game, which is less fun for both sides. A single player, regardless of spec, should not have the ability to hold a point while outnumbered.

Suggestion: AoE attacks, or damage below a certain threshold of the recipient's health, should push back the cast bar of a capture, rather than interrupting it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualities View Post
    Because of the last patch, the current pool of players in PvP has never been so low. Same hours from past week 2 wfs were running. Right now very long q to get a poor 3v4 match. Honestly people claims pvp is dead since years, but right now it never been so close. It's pretty sad. Something must be done Trion. I mean, really.
    You are scaring people off...meany.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

In a perfect world the amount of damage/healing that was nerfed last week would have been reduced today.

My hopes for real pvp changes are now crushed -- Rifle.

Soulwalker

Default Fire The PVP Devs

Dear Trion,

As a long time player (founder) who has always had rift to fall back on for some mmorpg pvp fun your current changes to the pvp content is bad enough to the point I don't think ill be playing rift anymore. While I take breaks from this and many other games I always found myself coming back to what I considered one of the best mmos on the market.

My group of friends (5-8 in our usual group) were discussing what pvp mmo we wanted to start up. I suggested rift for my long standing love of it. Having the day off I decided to spend it refamiliarizing myself with my specs. Played some IA's. Everything was fine. Heals going out all over as pretty green numbers filled my screen. Ah the warm fuzzing feeling of being a competent healer. Having found my bearings I hopped into a warfront (my favorite way to spend time in rift). And to my utter disgust I found my heals making no noticeable HP to friendlies. Also the enemies took forever to kill and the warfronts lasted so long I found myself bored and frustrated.

I cant in good faith even offer Rift up as a viable option for my group of friends. A game I have loved off and on for years has finally changed so much for the worse that its time to leave it behind in search of games that offer a enjoyable pvp experience.

Sadly the conversation has changed to paying blizz 15 a month just to have a active and enjoyable pvp game that you can log on and get right in the action.

Open world pvp died in Rift long ago. This change might be the final nail in the coffin for pvp in Rift.

RIP warfronts/conquest. Ill miss what you once were........

Soulwalker

Default So long, Telara

Trion, the day has finally come -
    You kept me busy and entertained for years, and enticed me through your artistry, epic battles, and engaging universe known as Rift.

It has been a truly entertaining 6+ years I'll never forget and of which I've kept many souvenirs.

I take my leave from you now, not for the first time, but for the last. This monstrous, logic-defying move as of late revolving around PVP damage has permanently extinguished the few remaining embers of interest I stubbornly held onto for much too long.

Today you lose yet another veteran.

Enlisted since March of 2011 and one whose final thoughts dwell only on how lucky he was to have played during brighter days of yesteryears...... alas, nothing lasts forever in life - this is merely another example.

Farewell to (and from) all my creations:

Nereth
    Yovoy
    Corrado
    Veltesh
    Stromaya
    Malahyde
    Hatsheput
    Jockey

all @Greybriar

Peace

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sakatagintoki View Post

• Few changes? Too few.
    • TTK too low? Increase.

If they listened there wouldn't be problems, but instead they just went the lazy way.
    When there's 5-6 broken things in a game (and the rest is either balanced or underpowered to the point of being unplayable), you deal with these 5-6 things.

If you apply a blanket nerf, these 5-6 things are still broken (in comparison to the rest) but now - more than ever - everyone is forced to play them because everything else is utter garbage.

If you hurt yourself badly in an accident and there's 2 guys next to you, one doctor trying to help you and one psychopath trying to put nails & salt and **** into your would just for fun, you want people to pull the psychopath away from you and let the doctor stay right?
    If they take both away you'll complain. You kinda want the doc to stay. He was doing fine.

But trion go the lazy way and take them both rather than trying to figure out which is doing fine and which needs to be dealt with.

Soulwalker

I do find it odd PvP is getting the step child treatment in RIFT since it was built on PvP going back to 2011. Looking at the the thread and post counts in the forums PvP has a little over the 3x the post and threads over dungeons and raids. I'm pretty sure Trion has miscalculated the impact this will have on them regardless if PvP isn't directly monetizable.

I for one am done, patron stopped and haven't logged in this week other than to see if this weeks patch had fixes. Unless I see changes and that makes pvp fun once again i'll stay out. As it stands now pvp lacks any resemblance of fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast