+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Global healing and damage values have been drastically reduced.

If trion nerfed Everything justifying it was because it would give them more time to see what needed to be fixed for pvp meanwhile we'll have a TTK or just nerfing us thinking it would get any easier nerfing the unbalance, then that wouldn't make any difference:

1) they haven't done any substantial Changes to any other specs except for vulcanist for months
    2) It would just make me even more hopeless.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Qualities View Post
    - Arround 75% reduction is a way too much. I think we should try 20-25%.
    - Healers look much more impacted than the DD (Damage: 0.15 > 0.04 Healing: 0.175 > 0.045 - source from a mate), it need a review.
    - DD healing spells aren't nerf as the rest ( a defiler is actually doing a better HPS than a FK)
    - Trinkets and vials aren't appropriate to this update. It need a fixe, as example PvP NMT trinkets aren't nerf (dps or heals), it should follow the reductions.

What do you think about and/or what do you suggest?
    i share the opinion most of you guys have:
    reduce shouldnt be that high, the best builds will still be the best builds (beside that glitched scent of blood stuff and other 1hitters)

overall dmg is too high, but reducing it by 75% is too much. maybe try like 20-30 % and adress op specs (bladedancer, warlord etc) seperately

find some medium balance to keep pvp fast paced but still make it worth spending a gcd for purge and stuff like that (i just recently put it in my taskbar again after the patch)

another point is the dailys / favor rewards for player kills ( didnt see any posts about that )
    - you spend MUCH more time in warfronts and end up with less kills (have seen a 15min 15v15 warfront with overall 22 kills (12/10) which is a joke tbh

reduce the number of kills from 100 to 25 (75 % reduce eh) for the daily
    increase the favor reward for kills by hmm - lets say 75% ?

Telaran

The change is totally fine. I still get killed in tank spec.
    It was also very enjoyable that there were 5 tanks in whitefall preventing each other to cap, and the game ended as tie, b/c no one could pick up the 1st stone. GOOD WORK TRION.

New pvp gear is ready for release and you guys think they did it out of love.

/sigh

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    New pvp gear is ready for release and you guys think they did it out of love.

/sigh
    Are they gonna give me more end and health?

I am sad this morning.

The lastest patch really did it for pvp. For the first time since I've been playing all the matches I'm getting end in 120seconds (not enough on both sides). It would maybe happen once every couple of days but this morning it's all I get.

I'm starting to get myself ready for the end of pvp. And for that I hate Trion and will never spend another dime on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    I am sad this morning.

The lastest patch really did it for pvp. For the first time since I've been playing all the matches I'm getting end in 120seconds (not enough on both sides). It would maybe happen once every couple of days but this morning it's all I get.

I'm starting to get myself ready for the end of pvp. And for that I hate Trion and will never spend another dime on their products.
    Yep, just cancelled my Patron last night........

Let's see what happens with next week's hotfix. Maybe they just took a very high value to see the change and adjust it after. It's at least nice to see they did something for PvP balance, even though it's the solution with the very least effort.

It would have been better to completely streamline stats for everyone and fix op abilities with a case-to-case damage reduction. I talked with Archonix about it on gamescom - separate PvP roles that have all skills available from level 1 and can only be used in PvP together with completely streamlined stats and balanced abilities would require a one time effort and then you'll never have to touch balance again (except minor adjustments). He seemed to think it's an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 10-27-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I respectfully disagree with people who want to defend a bad decision by saying things like "at least they did something" or "you asked for it" or "cut them slack"

No...Two wrongs don't make a right.

An uninformed, untested, ham-fisted change that basically breaks all PvP fun and excitement while addressing NONE of the balance issues wasn't what anyone asked for (certainly not the majority). And, in this case, doing nothing would have been better.

Why should I cut them slack? When I heard 75% was the global reduction I knew that would be horrid and it took me about 5 minutes in a WF to confirm that it was in fact horrid.

Was there ANY discussion or testing at all? Did someone throw a dart at a board to come up with such a heinous %? You don't "tweak" games by orders of magnitude that large. You ruin them. Such a large change was bound to have unforeseen consequences such as the numerous buggy things listed in the posts above. Things like BD, the most broken OP spec already, doing a passive 3k healing when my pvp geared Warlock DPS aint even hitting 3k and I'm spreading pitiful damage across multiple people with purgable dots ticking for less than 1k. Things like warfronts being unwinnable because unkillable tanks are camping on an objective while smashing their face onto a keyboard with all keys bound to an AE. Things like a pyrewater outhealing half a dozen bad *** healers. Things like 0-20 seconds to respawn when it takes me like a minute+++ to kill. Silly....

I'd much rather just roll this completely back and have ballzofsteel **** me a few times a day in 2 seconds instead of 8 and otherwise have an competitive exciting environment where I can occasionally shine and get kills.

I'm disappointed because I had just come back, got to 70, just completed my pvp gear set (sans frags) and was having fun but, I'm with the people that are moving on to something else and canceling Patron unless this is addressed. I'm certainly not going to be queing WFs.
    Last edited by Kava; 10-27-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Voodoodoo - Warlock - Deepwood

Default Trick or Treat

Quote Originally Posted by Kava View Post
    <snip>Things like a pyrewater outhealing half a dozen bad *** healers. <snip>
    ----
    Pyrewater is outhealing previously solid healers.
    The new strategy is to hopefully keep your target/yourself at >10% health and that they bolt to drink.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 10-27-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    ----
    Pyrewater is outhealing previously solid healers.
    The new strategy is to hopefully keep your target/yourself at >10% health and that they bolt to drink.
    Slip Away + Drink is the new best rotation for rogue healing

Some people don't get sarcasm
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-29-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Slip Away + Drink is the new best rotation for rogue healing
    really? that's new. gimme a break.

tbh with people dying in 4 secs as they were suddenly you knew all along that 75% would be to much?? Chill out they will fix it. How are you supposed to gauge that anyway because your trying to appeal to players taste and preferences.

and the blanket change should be obvious trion doesn;t have the resources to do individual changes to souls/specs/classes like they do in bonafide pvp games.

Yes i agree we should be thrown a bone but reality is reality. it's the way the cookie crumbles.
    To think they would spend an entire patch entirely developed to pvp shouldn't of seemed likely.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 10-27-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    tbh with people dying in 4 secs as they were suddenly you knew all along that 75% would be to much?? Chill out they will fix it. How are you supposed to gauge that anyway because your trying to appeal to players taste and preferences.

and the blanket change should be obvious trion doesn;t have the resources to do individual changes to souls/specs/classes like they do in bonafide pvp games.

Yes i agree we should be thrown a bone but reality is reality. it's the way the cookie crumbles.
    To think they would spend an entire patch entirely developed to pvp shouldn't of seemed likely.
    I really don't want to argue with you on this subject, but are you really this oblivious to how long this has been a problem? They might not have the resources to do everything at once. Nobody has asked them to do that. Once again, have you even read over the last couple of years, any of the ideas that people have had? You just need to stop it already. All they have to do is work on a soul here and there and this could have been completed a long time ago. The crumbling of pvp has been ongoing for years, and this is by far one of the worst actions they have taken. So please, for the love of everything good and holy, knock it off. They've had years to get this back on track.

It was mentioned on last Friday's stream that the changes are going to be re-evaluated mid November. With portions of the dev team taking off post-4.3, I would not expect a change this week, or even next.

I would expect changes by November 15th at the earliest, assuming they decide to make changes.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast