+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: List of specs that needs to be fixed/nerfed for PVP

Default List of specs that needs to be fixed/nerfed for PVP

To make it easier to understand where the numbers are coming from, we're gonna be assuming you are a pvper with full gear and 455/495 pvp essences (all frags are 0 since they are super expensive to upgrade all the way to 15)

Rogue

Bladedancer (61 pts): you can hit a minimum of 50k each second (with maxed frags going around 70-90k)

Solution: nerf it by 50-70%.

Marksman(61 pts) : Rapid fire shoot does +15k dmg per tick for 3 full secs, the ticks are shortened by having 5 combo Points + Legendary Calculated shot up

Planar variation gets double ticked by Legendary Calculated shot

Solution : either reduce the dmg or increase the time between the ticks cuz you can easily take a targets hp down by 75% from a full channel

Dont let calculated shot affect Planar variation, its basically a mini ethereal beam that AoE damages.

Primalist

Primal lord/Dervish hybrid (18/21) :

Thresher maw can hit a minimum of 40k and a maximum of 100-120k 35m away from the target.

Solution: reduce thresher maws dmg by 50-70%

Predator/vulc hybrid (18/21 Points into vulc):

Scent of blood procs primal avatar : drake, which means every time you dmg with scent of blood you also dmg the target with one stack of primal avatar drake, this has lead to people being able to kill people under 1 sec or kill multiple targets alone

solution: dont let Scent of blood proc Primal avatar drake at all and maybe also reduce the amount of AP primal drake needs to attack the target with

Farseer (31 pts): this spec is able to fully heal all raid members back to full hp by using fortune protection while under the buff ''Impending Fate''. The ability jumps to every wounded target who is in combat and heals them for a certain amount of healing and an additional 400% of that healing done.

Solution: reduce the amount of jumps the heals can do or reduce the buff from impending fate (seriously bruh)

Warrior

Warlord (61 Points): With the buffs made recently to A Quick Death, which made it possible for it to hit an additional 300% if procced from Readys posture, it is possible to hit a minimum of 70k and a maximum of 150k. People have been finding various methods on proccing this buff for A Quick Death more often.

solution: simply reduce the dmg done with it.

Mage

Frostkeeper/chloro hybrid (38/38): A very strong spec that's almost unbeatable and almost impossible to kill a healer with if not using those ridicoulus strong hitting specs (warlords, primalist dps builds mentioned above etc). Its Power mostly comes from the debuffs, healing increased for each Point spent in chloro (1.25% increase per Point) and few cooldowns like the one that gives full hp

solution: idek where to start, its a hybrid rip

I probably missed a bunch of other specs that are just dumb, make sure post em they aint in the list.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    To make it easier to understand where the numbers are coming from, we're gonna be assuming you are a pvper with full gear and 455/495 pvp essences (all frags are 0 since they are super expensive to upgrade all the way to 15)

Rogue

Bladedancer (61 pts): you can hit a minimum of 50k each second (with maxed frags going around 70-90k)

Rogues do not need to be nerfed by 50-70%, that would make all of their souls unplayable... but I'm assuming you only meant Bladedancer. Even then, such a huge "fix" would completely break BD to a useless state. A better option would be to reduce the 100% armor ignore to 25-50% in PVP only. Another viable option would be to alter the tree slightly so that the dances are not able to be constantly maintained and on such a low CD. There are other dances that can be used, but with constant maintained time, there's no reason to.

Marksman(61 pts) : Rapid fire shoot does +15k dmg per tick for 3 full secs, the ticks are shortened by having 5 combo Points + Legendary Calculated shot up

Solution : either reduce the dmg or increase the time between the ticks cuz you can easily take a targets hp down by 75% from a full channel

Dont let calculated shot affect Planar variation, its basically a mini ethereal beam that AoE damages..
    Nothing will ever hit as hard as Ethereal Beam did before the nerf. The damage was only reduced by "roughly 50%" and it is almost useless in PVP now. If played correctly, however, I have seen it hit for around 110k for one tick, but with TTK so low, there's not enough time to properly align all abilities to make this effective every 30s.

Either way, agree that Planar Variation should not be affected by Calculated Shot.

Primalist

Thresher maw can hit a minimum of 40k and a maximum of 100-120k 35m away from the target.

Scent of blood procs primal avatar : drake, which means every time you dmg with scent of blood you also dmg the target with one stack of primal avatar drake, this has lead to people being able to kill people under 1 sec or kill multiple targets alone

solution: dont let Scent of blood proc Primal avatar drake at all and maybe also reduce the amount of AP primal drake needs to attack the target with

Farseer (31 pts): this spec is able to fully heal all raid members back to full hp by using fortune protection while under the buff ''Impending Fate''. The ability jumps to every wounded target who is in combat and heals them for a certain amount of healing and an additional 400% of that healing done.

Solution: reduce the amount of jumps the heals can do or reduce the buff from impending fate (seriously bruh)
    Primal Lord/Derv:

No. Thresher's Maw does NOT need a nerf. I know it's annoying to get hit by a 100k Maw, but Primalists are so easily avoided by LOS that it's ridiculous. I have seen some of the "best" players stand in the middle of the opposing raid and get destroyed by abilities that can be avoided by simply moving behind a pillar.

Also, it takes time to build up to full Cunning to properly use Thresher's Maw. It is not necessarily an ability that can be "spammed." You can also see a Primalist's Fury, Harmony, and Cunning. If you have them targeted and they're in Cunning... LOS them? Not really too difficult - but I suppose easy-mode is what we're after here.

Primalists wear leather and have little surviveability. If you are on them, they will die.

Primal Avatar: Drake:

Agree, however, that Scent of Blood should not proc Primal Avatar: Drake. With the output from the Drake, it is completely unnecessary. But, this spec is pretty much useless after 20 hits and when the Drake is down. There is really no other output from this spec. Also, "melee" Primalists can be stunned and rooted. It helps.

Farseer:

Farseer's Fortune Protection does not jump to every person in combat. If it did, it'd be ridiculous. If not properly managed, this spec is garbage. No soul shards = no heals. It is very rare for a Farseer to be able to build soul shards without Empower Soul up. That's a 30s CD. Also without Prescience, a Farseer's Fortune Protection does not have a lower CD. Purge Prescience, wait for them to use Fortune Protection once and kill them.

On another note, if Impending Fate's output was reduced, it would probably render them almost useless. 400% seems like a lot, but it's dramatically reduced already in PVP. There is no need for more. I would also like to add that they DO NOT have a full cleanse. Sooo... healing debuffs, DOTs, or bleeds are pretty effective on them.[/QUOTE]

Warrior

Warlord (61 Points): With the buffs made recently to A Quick Death, which made it possible for it to hit an additional 300% if procced from Readys posture, it is possible to hit a minimum of 70k and a maximum of 150k. People have been finding various methods on proccing this buff for A Quick Death more often.

solution: simply reduce the dmg done with it.
    I don't really think this is necessary to completely nerf the ability, a very MINOR reduction would probably help -- only because it can be proc'd by almost anything. Killing a player, using an ability, breathing heavily -- AQD will likely proc. Perhaps a minor change to the mechanics of how it procs would solve the issue of bought 65s running through WFs on lucky AQD procs thinking they're pro PVPers.

Mage

Frostkeeper/chloro hybrid (38/38): A very strong spec that's almost unbeatable and almost impossible to kill a healer with if not using those ridicoulus strong hitting specs (warlords, primalist dps builds mentioned above etc). Its Power mostly comes from the debuffs, healing increased for each Point spent in chloro (1.25% increase per Point) and few cooldowns like the one that gives full hp

solution: idek where to start, its a hybrid rip
    It is ridiculous to see healers with 400k HP in PVP, able to use full heals and ect. This spec is incredible, but I agree that some minor changes should be implemented to fix the state that it's in currently. It is a perfect mixture of AOE and ST heals. However, the only thing that I can say is that with some effort, they are able to be killed. It's similar to the Farseer where if you don't properly manage your stuns, debilitates and interrupts -- you will likely not kill them. Unlike the Farseer, however, this particular build has almost spammable heals that don't require any stipulation as to whether they're effective or not.

Nice list!

Rogue

Way too much

Blade and Soul Parity should get a reduction of 30-40% *maximum* in PvP for both Crit damage + Crit Rate

Dont let calculated shot affect Planar variation, its basically a mini ethereal beam that AoE damages.
    Just don't let Planar Variation proc stuff, if you remove it being buffed by Calculated Shot it will make it near worthless in PvE for rogues and Marksman is already weak in PvE

Primalist

50-70% is also way too big

20% would be fine, your 120k Maximum Threshers Maw is also not correct, its more 170-190k

Scent of Blood shouldn't proc anything else *period*, its been bugged since PTS and hasn't been fixed

Procs should not proc other procs - But Scent of Blood seems to ignore this rule

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi
    No. Thresher's Maw does NOT need a nerf. I know it's annoying to get hit by a 100k Maw, but Primalists are so easily avoided by LOS that it's ridiculous. I have seen some of the "best" players stand in the middle of the opposing raid and get destroyed by abilities that can be avoided by simply moving behind a pillar.

Also, it takes time to build up to full Cunning to properly use Thresher's Maw. It is not necessarily an ability that can be "spammed." You can also see a Primalist's Fury, Harmony, and Cunning. If you have them targeted and they're in Cunning... LOS them? Not really too difficult - but I suppose easy-mode is what we're after here.
    It doesn't take long to get full Cunning, and if they LoS you, just wait till they move out of LoS to use Threshers. Its an instant ability, not a cast time or a channel.

I'm still not sure why Warchanter isn't on this list, it's probably stronger than FK when played correctly

When we're giving feedback you need to take into account Pve AND PvP, so saying things like "change the Bladedancer tree so they cant maintain dances 100% of the time" will ruin Bladedancers already weak ST damage in PvE
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-14-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Default Very nice list

Agree with Sanctumi on nearly everything, the rest from the OP seem to be rants but what do I know?

I'm just a sad little Cleric not making any "anger" or "nerf" lists and still blowing people up left and right!

Alright i might have been stupid or high or both or drunk or stupid when i wrote about the punishing nerfs, you would almost Think we were in a gulag or something.

Way too much

Blade and Soul Parity should get a reduction of 30-40% *maximum* in PvP for both Crit damage + Crit Rate
    Ye bladedancer could either get a reduction on blade and parity or just remove the ''ignore armor'' feature from the other buff which i forgot what it was called again (not really sure how low the dps would be)

I'm still not sure why Warchanter isn't on this list, it's probably stronger than FK when played correctly
    last time i remembered, it got a hefty nerf back in 4.0 and i havent seen anyone use it since

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    20% would be fine, your 120k Maximum Threshers Maw is also not correct, its more 170-190k
    I have seen 3 Primalists in PVP hit for that high: two were level 69 with green BIS gear (huh?) and one was a full Primal Lord. The average crit is, despite popular belief, around 110-135k.

Scent of Blood shouldn't proc anything else *period*, its been bugged since PTS and hasn't been fixed

Procs should not proc other procs - But Scent of Blood seems to ignore this rule
    I absolutely agree with this.

It doesn't take long to get full Cunning, and if they LoS you, just wait till they move out of LoS to use Threshers. Its an instant ability, not a cast time or a channel.
    So, in PVP when TTK is so low, you stand around and wait for a target to move from behind a pillar to attack them again? Is this before or after you've died to Precision Strike or AQD? Just curious.

When we're giving feedback you need to take into account Pve AND PvP, so saying things like "change the Bladedancer tree so they cant maintain dances 100% of the time" will ruin Bladedancers already weak ST damage in PvE
    Disconnect makes Bladedancers weak, not their output. This forum, last time I checked, was a PVP thread -- which generally means topics are about PVP, not PVE. And as previously stated, Bladedancers have more than two dances they can weave into their rotation should the duration become longer, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi View Post
    I have seen 3 Primalists in PVP hit for that high: two were level 69 with green BIS gear (huh?) and one was a full Primal Lord. The average crit is, despite popular belief, around 110-135k.
    Gear doesn't matter for pre-70 players, the bolster remains the same, they could be wearing nothing but a weapon and they would have the same stats if they were fully geared

So, in PVP when TTK is so low, you stand around and wait for a target to move from behind a pillar to attack them again? Is this before or after you've died to Precision Strike or AQD? Just curious.
    Im saying that LoS effects other classes as much as it effects Primalists, claiming LoS is bad for the Dervish/PL hybrid can be said for *literally any other spec*

All of Dervish/PL attacks are 35m and instant, and doesn't suffer a dps loss from switching targets like other specs do

Disconnect makes Bladedancers weak, not their output. This forum, last time I checked, was a PVP thread -- which generally means topics are about PVP, not PVE. And as previously stated, Bladedancers have more than two dances they can weave into their rotation should the dura

tion become longer, ect.
    Whilst it might be a PvP thread it doesn't mean you should be ignore other types of gameplay, good feedback provides solutions to keep specs viable in both aspects of gaming, that includes PvP and PvE

Yes, Bladedancer can have 2 dances at a 100% uptime if played correctly (which isn't difficult), which is the only reason Bladedancers dps isn't complete garbage in PvE, changing the soul tree to counteract this will make it bad in PvE

Disconnect makes Bladedancers weak, not their output
    You seem confused by what I said, I said their damage is weak in PvE, not PvP, which is true, you don't need to tell me what makes Bladedancer weak

Just keep an open mind when giving feedback to suit both PvE and PvP, don't give one-sided feedback that will cripple the spec on a different aspect of gameplay

last time i remembered, it got a hefty nerf back in 4.0 and i havent seen anyone use it since
    lol
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-14-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Shadowlander

Im saying that LoS effects other classes as much as it effects Primalists, claiming LoS is bad for the Dervish/PL hybrid can be said for *literally any other spec*

All of Dervish/PL attacks are 35m and instant, and doesn't suffer a dps loss from switching targets like other specs do
    This is true, however (for example) Warlocks don't suffer DPS loss from LOS. Dark Touch applies 3 DOTs as well as the ability to spread from primary target. Many of this soul's abilities are instant, too. Simply stating that Primalists are OP and shouldn't be LOS'd to prevent high damage makes no sense.

Edit: I read the wrong spec in your post. Derv/PL's majority damage comes from Thresher's Maw and (if utilized at all) Hawk's Wrath. Reducing the damage of Thresher's Maw would reduce the soul's overall output entirely. Very few ability's utilized in this tree along with the Dervish soul do not output significant damage.

Please keep in mind that Derv/PL relies heavily on Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent. After death, this ability could be on CD for as long as ~40s depending on what the timer listed upon death. Without the utility of other classes, a Primalist can easily be eliminated in melee range. Also, the highest damage comes from the 60% increase upon activating PA: WS. It grants an immediate Thresher's Maw at 60% increased damage. At least 3 more abilities that generate Cunning must be cast in order to reach a second Thresher's Maw. After 6 abilities, the PA: WS grants no additional damage, it simply allows range. Range is essential to Primalists in PVP, because without the utility of other classes, they're easily destroyed. There are, perhaps, two full Primal Lords and no Predators for a reason.

Whilst it might be a PvP thread it doesn't mean you should be ignore other types of gameplay, good feedback provides solutions to keep specs viable in both aspects of gaming, that includes PvP and PvE

Yes, Bladedancer can have 2 dances at a 100% uptime if played correctly (which isn't difficult), which is the only reason Bladedancers dps isn't complete garbage in PvE, changing the soul tree to counteract this will make it bad in PvE

You seem confused by what I said, I said their damage is weak in PvE, not PvP, which is true, you don't need to tell me what makes Bladedancer weak

- Defensive Pose, only to be toggled on when you're not near the fight or a disconnect is coming up
    If disconnects didn't affect Bladedancers' overall DPS, you wouldn't have included this in your guide. Nothing was stated, aside from an overall reduction of 50-70%, that would cripple Bladedancers in PVE. With Empyrean Bolt, even if the dances were reduced in duration, or increased in CD, it would still be effective if properly managed.
    Last edited by Sanctumi; 10-14-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Sword of Telara

tried giving this game another **** again because of the love i used to have for it, the ability damage amount for pvp in this game is so terrible now it makes me want to throw up. and they mix lv 65's with lv 70's with legendary abilities. honestly i would rather wait 30 minutes for a match to play on an even field than to play in another match with this **** show. they do realize every expansion they release with a level lock, they lose a huge portion of their player population, sad part is, when i did have my moments with it, i would usually pay the sub fee.

Simply stating that Primalists are OP and shouldn't be LOS'd to prevent high damage makes no sense.
    I didnt state they were op nor did I say they shouldn't be LoS'd

Edit: I read the wrong spec in your post. Derv/PL's majority damage comes from Thresher's Maw and (if utilized at all) Hawk's Wrath. Reducing the damage of Thresher's Maw would reduce the soul's overall output entirely. Very few ability's utilized in this tree along with the Dervish soul do not output significant damage.
    Even if I 2button Dervish it still performs well in WF's, and does quite high damage.

And most of its damage is from Threshers Maw, so they would be the likely place to start if it were to get nerfed. Or just make the Dervish avatar only effect Dervish abilities.

If disconnects didn't affect Bladedancers' overall DPS, you wouldn't have included this in your guide. Nothing was stated, aside from an overall reduction of 50-70%, that would cripple Bladedancers in PVE. With Empyrean Bolt, even if the dances were reduced in duration, or increased in CD, it would still be effective if properly managed.
    I didn't mention disconnects at all, you brought that up, I said Bladedancer damage is weak in PvE, which, it is.

If you mess with dances it will cripple Bladedancers PvE dps, plain and simple. To fix it in PvP is very simple without messing with the soul trees, like I said previously, a pvp reduction to Blade and Soul Parity by 20-30%, on both the Crit rate and Crit damage. Done. No need to mess with dances and suffer in PvE.
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Shadowlander

I didnt state they were op nor did I say they shouldn't be LoS'd

Even if I 2button Dervish it still performs well in WF's, and does quite high damage.

And most of its damage is from Threshers Maw, so they would be the likely place to start if it were to get nerfed. Or just make the Dervish avatar only effect Dervish abilities.

I didn't mention disconnects at all, you brought that up, I said Bladedancer damage is weak in PvE, which, it is.

If you mess with dances it will cripple Bladedancers PvE dps, plain and simple. To fix it in PvP is very simple without messing with the soul trees, like I said previously, a pvp reduction to Blade and Soul Parity by 20-30%, on both the Crit rate and Crit damage. Done. No need to mess with dances and suffer in PvE.
    I agree. The main ability that needs to be altered is BaSP -- and only in PVP. There is no need to go up into arms about simple suggestions that would likely not completely cripple the class.

Do you have any parses that show your BD's damage in PVE that I can view? I actually had a lot of fun and didn't run into a lot of trouble playing my BD in a PVE setting. The damage was great, and generally only suffered against disconnects.

Edit: It appears I missed most of your post.

That screenshot is great, but we've all seen every class at the top. From the appearance of the SS, it seems it was a relatively long WF. The next person beneath that Primalist died 10x and almost caught up in damage -- so we should probably nerf Warlords first, right? That particular person also took almost 6,000,000 heals and only died 3x, enabling them to do significant damage throughout.

Funny enough, I actually have a SS of a Bladedancer doing 4,000,000 and the next person under them doing 900k. It wasn't nearly as competitive as your SS, but all the same.

Haha, super edit, but just for fun: https://imgur.com/a/sOigj

Cool story, but that was only ~3 minutes into the match.
    Last edited by Sanctumi; 10-14-2017 at 08:57 PM.

I agree. The main ability that needs to be altered is BaSP -- and only in PVP. There is no need to go up into arms about simple suggestions that would likely not completely cripple the class.

Do you have any parses that show your BD's damage in PVE that I can view? I actually had a lot of fun and didn't run into a lot of trouble playing my BD in a PVE setting. The damage was great, and generally only suffered against disconnects.
    Bladedancer has been dumbed down to a level its not longer fun, as for parses my PvE gear is quite far behind, because I rarely pve anymore.

Its quite far behind Nightblade, because of how the eternal interacts with the two specs, it buffs Nightblade a lot, and Bladedancer very little. If you were looking to PvE with BD you'd be underwhelmed (this is with 6th stage eternal)

---

One small on-topic thing

This is what happens when Scent of Blood is allowed to proc *everything*

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...33/unknown.png

For context, I was max HP before this happened, and I died within .1 of a second, so fast even my combat log got confused.

That screenshot is great, but we've all seen every class at the top. From the appearance of the SS, it seems it was a relatively long WF. The next person beneath that Primalist died 10x and almost caught up in damage -- so we should probably nerf Warlords first, right? That particular person also took almost 6,000,000 heals and only died 3x, enabling them to do significant damage throughout..
    Sure, nerfing Warlord would be on the list, I still think there are higher priorities but to have all the changes go out together would be perfect, but we do not live in a perfect world where balances changes are a dime a dozen, so im not holding my breath
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-14-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Shadowlander

Bladedancer has been dumbed down to a level its not longer fun, as for parses my PvE gear is quite far behind, because I rarely pve anymore.

Its quite far behind Nightblade, because of how the eternal interacts with the two specs, it buffs Nightblade a lot, and Bladedancer very little. If you were looking to PvE with BD you'd be underwhelmed (this is with 6th stage eternal)

---

One small on-topic thing

This is what happens when Scent of Blood is allowed to proc *everything*

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...33/unknown.png

For context, I was max HP before this happened, and I died within .1 of a second, so fast even my combat log got confused.
    I absolutely hate that SOB procs PA: D. It just feels like such a cheap spec and it is making a huge "uprising." If I remember correctly, I have also seen it proc when Ethereal Meditation procs... which is just ridiculous.

Edit: I will try to find SSs to further this point, because it desperately needs to be changed. Not Primal Avatar: Drake itself, but the way it procs - absolutely.

Edit edit: ffs, your SS clearly shows it! Thanks.
    Last edited by Sanctumi; 10-14-2017 at 09:03 PM.

I absolutely hate that SOB procs PA: D. It just feels like such a cheap spec and it is making a huge "uprising." If I remember correctly, I have also seen it proc when Ethereal Meditation procs... which is just ridiculous.

Edit: I will try to find SSs to further this point, because it desperately needs to be changed. Not Primal Avatar: Drake itself, but the way it procs - absolutely.

Edit edit: ffs, your SS clearly shows it! Thanks.
    I would have preferred to link the death log from a dps meter, but I was killed so fast it didn't even register on my meter (lol), so the Combat Log had to do

Default Nice list Semiso

I can aggree mostly on the dps part. Bd and some prima speces really has to be tuned down a bit.
    About Farseer, idk if that spec even needs proper managing, because that spec is absolutely no effort compared to how rewardful it is. Yes, I know you have to keep soul shards up and etc, but its really not a big deal. Still an aoe healer, not that good at surviving as fk. But those aoe heals are just ridiculous. 70-80k burst heals with not much effort You can basically keep a whole whitefall raid alive mostly with 1 farseer. Maybe for a whole raid you have to make some effort, maybe Yes, it can be done with fk also, just pretty much you need more focus for that. Farseer is a proper spec for slackers. No effort, still big heals. Could use some nerf.
    About 38/38 fk, who is using that spec? Those who played with it, are not really playing anymore. Everybody else is using 51k or some other hybrids. Fk needs a nerf only, if primas and rogues are tuned down also. Tbh in the current ttk I dont know fk is such a big problem, even if we talk about 38/38 fk.

Tho its a really nice and constructive post, thanks for that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast