+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: List of specs that needs to be fixed/nerfed for PVP

  1. #16
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    264

    Default

    If you nerf nothing but AQD the rest of the warlord soul doesn't deliver, and comparatively having an AQD actually crit with some importance at the right time is problematic.

    and paragon isn't strong enough to replace a nerfed WL

    its not just bladedancer it's stealth specs having freedom of slip away and fast moving stealth that hits very hard.

  2. #17
    Shadowlander disso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Interesting topic so far. The usual "this has to be nerfed stuff" I pretty much agree on (50-70% maybe a bit over the top ), but wtf

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Mage

    Frostkeeper/chloro hybrid (38/38): A very strong spec that's almost unbeatable and almost impossible to kill a healer with if not using those ridicoulus strong hitting specs (warlords, primalist dps builds mentioned above etc). Its Power mostly comes from the debuffs, healing increased for each Point spent in chloro (1.25% increase per Point) and few cooldowns like the one that gives full hp
    Let's talk about this a bit and compare some stuff to 51/25 fk/chloro (which i believe is the spec to go for, if you wanna get Earthmending, if you play 61fk, only you are to blame)

    - A very strong spec that's almost unbeatable and almost impossible to kill a healer with if not using those ridicoulus strong hitting specs (warlords, primalist dps builds mentioned above etc).

    This can be said about every well played healspec, except for Preserver i guess. And should also be like that, where is the point in playing healer if you can't even heal against a single player?

    - Its Power mostly comes from the debuffs

    Which debuffs are we talking about? Radiant Spores? (0 pts chloro) Natural Conversion? (14 pts chloro) Blight? (20 pts chloro) All accessable with 51/25

    - healing increased for each Point spent in chloro (1.25% increase per Point)

    Let's do some math here.
    51/25 chloro = 82,25% healing per point spent
    38/38 chloro = 85.5% healing per point spent
    That's 3,25% more heal, for those who are to lazy to do the math.
    Dem gainz, brah
    but wait, there is more :O
    38/38 doesn't (or shouldn't) spec into Keeper's Overwatch, so -5% heal.
    38/38 doesn't spec into Inner Might, so -30% heal when under 50% hp
    So basicly the %increased heal of 38/38 is 1,75%-31,75% lower, compared to 51/25
    (also losing 13% absorb, but mage absorb is not realy worth mentioning)

    - and few cooldowns like the one that gives full hp

    Yes, Essence Surge is pretty strong but which other CDs are we talking about? Resurgence and Flourish, which are just good enough to proc Natural Awareness? Or the fluff aoe heal of Wildgrowth?
    In 51/25 we have Transcendent Abjuration, which doesn't heal as much as ES but applies to 3 targets, also we got autohealing with Earthmending

    It is ridiculous to see healers with 400k HP in PVP, able to use full heals and ect. This spec is incredible, but I agree that some minor changes should be implemented to fix the state that it's in currently. It is a perfect mixture of AOE and ST heals. However, the only thing that I can say is that with some effort, they are able to be killed. It's similar to the Farseer where if you don't properly manage your stuns, debilitates and interrupts -- you will likely not kill them. Unlike the Farseer, however, this particular build has almost spammable heals that don't require any stipulation as to whether they're effective or not.
    - It is ridiculous to see healers with 400k HP in PVP
    It is ridiciulous to claim healers have 400k HP in PVP. With 2 Cleric buffs, all endurance consumables and my precious lvl 15 Stalwart fragments, i reach 340k HP, which might appear high, but is not even close to be enough for the current state of dps specs.

    - This spec is incredible, but I agree that some minor changes should be implemented to fix the state that it's in currently.

    Apart from the HP, its not any different to other FK specs, except that you sacrifice a breakfree/escape, if you wanna talk about incredible healing specs, take a look at WC/Lib.

    - It is a perfect mixture of AOE and ST heals.

    No, that's Farseer

    - Unlike the Farseer, however, this particular build has almost spammable heals

    Spammable heals? Seems like you never had the pleasure of playing both, fk and chloro, which don't have a single instant/nocd skill and both have to attack to heal properly.

    - that don't require any stipulation as to whether they're effective or not.

    I dont think you were talking about LER, as you're talking about spammable heals. If we're talking about mindlessly spamming Rime/Natural Healing, you can still improve the healing by applying a Barrier but I'll come to that later. To make a proper use and improving LER in a rotation however.. (Apply Barrier) -> Cast a life-spell -> (LER) -> Telluric Burst -> step into 35m and expose yourself to use Hail Blast -> LER -> Life Spell -> Hail Blast -> Wait some secs or use a filler (Rime, NH, both 1.5s cast time) LER...wait, didn't you say "almost" spammable?

    Now the reason why i prefer 38/38 (39/37 actually) over Earthmending-Specs. Healing Balance. The 1s gcd is nice to swap barriers and cleanse, but has little use on heals, since LER doesn't affect gcd and our "spammable heals" have a 1.5s cast time, also the 33% reduced mana costs are very handy. On the other side, I sacrifice Earthmending, Bitter Gust, Earthwalk, Transcendent Abjuration and Inner Might to get this one.

    I'm not sure why this spec is even mentioned, as I haven't seen a single player on NA/EU using it, except me. (On NA maybe, because I'm not even playing for a year there)
    But I can point out what I'm doing different to most-likely EVERY magehealer I've seen yet.
    I make heavy use of Hail Blast to downstack the casttime of LER and I play around the most important passive skill, Crystalline Ressonance. 36% more heal for casttime spells on players with a barrier. Works with Rime, works with Natural Healing, works with LER IF you're using it as cast time spell. I rarely see anyone using LER as cast time spell at all. That's also why some ppl believe, Cold Snap gives LER a 50% heal reduction. (It's a 36% reduction, for obvious reasons)

    As I told most ppl who asked me about my spec. It's about personal preference. It doesn't matter if you're using 38/38, 45/31 (the strongest hybrid hps-wise) or 51/25. If properly played, those specs are on par. Only slight differences between hps, utility and survivability you can choose off.

    It's almost like I didn't already take like an hour or more to explain all this stuff above ingame to you some weeks ago, when you asked me for fk-specs, Semi.
    Last edited by disso1; 10-15-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

  3. #18
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post

    Warrior

    Warlord (61 Points): With the buffs made recently to A Quick Death, which made it possible for it to hit an additional 300% if procced from Readys posture, it is possible to hit a minimum of 70k and a maximum of 150k. People have been finding various methods on proccing this buff for A Quick Death more often.

    solution: simply reduce the dmg done with it.
    The only various methods of procing this is using skills. I assume you mean utilizing killing field to proc it but that's a finisher with a cooldown.and even if we proc it that doesn't mean it will crit.

    it's really random and inconsistent at times.

  4. #19
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    there will never be balance.

  5. #20
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I just want to clarify a few things for the individuals saying that Farseers are too much. While I agree that it certainly seems like their healing is OP, it really isn't.

    Fortune Protection is a Farseer's only REAL heal.

    https://imgur.com/a/7Rgdz

    Fortune Protection has the potential to do amazing healing for an entire group, sure. It is on a 10 second CD, which is minimal -- but necessarily so. Without Impending Fate (which requires soul shards), Fortune Protection's heals are absolutely dismal. I'd estimate the initial healing and the jumps only heal for about 12k each.

    If there are no soul shards available (and as previously stated: it is HIGHLY unlikely to see a Farseer accrue shards by spamming Insight in the middle of a large fight -- especially when being attacked) then their heals are almost useless in PVP. Soul Shroud heals each target in its radius for anywhere from 800-1200 a tick. Cultivate is similar. Deluge, in the Preserver tree, heals for about 15-20k and it is on a 10s CD.

    With TTK as is, Prescience and Predestination are not as valuable as they seem. Prescience is beneficial to Fortune Protection's reduced CD, but the healing ticks in comparison to DOT damage (and again) TTK are not significant.

    Nuture heals for around 5k a tick, but it is easily interrupted. If you simply ATTACK the Farseer, they may heal themselves to full twice (if that) -- but with constant pressure and the assumption that Shatter Soul has previously been used (which it likely has, because it's probably at the top of a long macro that makes no sense) -- they will die just like any other player.

    I have been in Whitefalls (because it was mentioned) where there have been 2-3 Farseers on the opposite team; while initially difficult, they have all died with constant pressure. On the opposite side, I have been on teams where NO ONE focuses the Farseer, and the entire team successfully trolls around until pressure is placed on their healer.

    I honestly do not think Fortune Protection needs to be nerfed, nor do Farseers. I'm sure many players will disagree, but those who properly manage CDs will know that any Farseer dies just as any other healer does.

    Also, as previously mentioned, Farseers have no full cleanses, leaving them susceptible to DOTs, bleeds and poisons.

    Unlike Frostkeeper, Farseer has little utility aside from Thread of Fate (this can easily be clipped, however, and essentially wasted). There is no Frozen Ground (20% increase for allies, 50% decrease for enemies & chance for enemies to be frozen), no nice cleanses (such as Expel Harm + Deep Cleansing [4 harmful effects at once, with no CD]), no Earthwalk (teleports ally and removes CC from self), Bitter Gust (another positive pull), and especially no Coldsnap (which gives you interrupt immunity [10s?] and 4 instant casts alongside that).

    Primalists lack the utility of almost every other soul. It isn't really an arguing point, either. It's simply fact.

    --

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    It is ridiciulous to claim healers have 400k HP in PVP. With 2 Cleric buffs, all endurance consumables and my precious lvl 15 Stalwart fragments, i reach 340k HP, which might appear high, but is not even close to be enough for the current state of dps specs.
    I'm sorry that with your maxed fragments and whatnot, you haven't reached the threshold that I have mentioned. Albeit your argument, I have seen a Frostkeeper/Chloro reach 410k HP (I imagine some was innate through the tree, and others were through buffs/vials/food, ect). I may have an SS that I can fish for, but at the time capturing their HP wasn't of concern to me. Be thankful you can even reach that maximum, however. Other classes don't come remotely close.

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    It is a perfect mixture of AOE and ST heals.
    Please see the above explanation: Farseers rely on Fortune Protection for ... ~93% of their healing (I can actually do the math, but I'd need to brush off my Primalist and actually run heals in a WF for accurate calculations). Please note Impending Fate is the real healing increase, I simply state Fortune Protection as this is generally what is used to proc the healing gain in PVP. Without FP, there WOULD BE no ST Farseers, and probably no Farseers anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Spammable heals? Seems like you never had the pleasure of playing both, fk and chloro, which don't have a single instant/nocd skill and both have to attack to heal properly.
    I'm sorry, what? Living Aegis + Natural Healing? Bloom? Flourish? Essence Surge? I know you put "nocd" beside that to make it a more viable point, but there are instant casts in all mage healing souls. Rime is spammable, and there is no CD. Ground Zero + Rime, or GZ + ER? Don't forget Earthen Rapport which passively benefits the mage after every heal or absorb AND their purge. Farseer's FP + IF doesn't come close -- but again, I see the complaints and from where they arise. It looks like a lot, but the lack of utility leaves them easy targets... if you actually target them.

    And Earth Mending, too. A 30s CD with a 30s live time.

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    It's almost like I didn't already take like an hour or more to explain all this stuff above ingame to you some weeks ago, when you asked me for fk-specs, Semi.
    Who are you talking to? I've never once asked you for advice, though (if you are talking to someone else) I appreciate your time, either way.

  6. #21
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey87 View Post
    there will never be balance.
    Basically just this.

  7. #22
    Soulwalker Silaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4

    Default Hey Hey Hey

    Hello Hello! This is the lowly Cleric again! Just wanted to chime in real quick after reading all of this.

    In my experience (Which I have a great deal of as I have been with this game faithfully since BETA!) I have had little to no trouble downing Farseers, granted this comes with proper timing of CD's and effectively mocking an incoming damage burst (With a quick BoD followed by a fast LBoR)

    After this "most" Farseers will predict a spike in damage after losing roughly 1/2~ish of their health and pop either a CD or something else to increase their health to full, which is the perfect time for my burst, which more often than not, will quickly destroy them!

    My burst being NB > AI > Radical > AI > Death! I have seen only a few avoid this and those would be the ones that... hey! LoS! If they quickly move out of my path of vision they effectively evade it! If not well, they die! And if that doesn't kill them a quick Confuse followed by another BoD and LBoR if needed will finish the rest.

    Also I have a Pyro (I know worst PvP spec evar! I R TEH NOOB) which using the same tactics as mentioned above, have had little to no trouble immolating Farseers and FK for that matter. A nice CB for roughly 60k~ followed by a FB for a bit more to make them pop a CD, then follow that up with LF and hopefully another proc'd CB+Inferno+ (insert filler here) for a nice roasted healer! Easy!

    In conclusion while I will say there have been a few Farseers and FK that have been -close- to unkillable, no one, and I mean no one is unkillable, it just requires proper management of CD's, a few lucky procs (where applicable ofc) and the last and the most important. Knowledge of your class and how it works! So if utilizing all of these things cant help you kill a healer, even a Farseer or FK, then my friend(s), seems to me like it's User Error, and not OMG OP CLASS PLZ NERF

  8. #23
    Soulwalker Luella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi View Post
    Fortune Protection has the potential to do amazing healing for an entire group, sure. It is on a 10 second CD, which is minimal -- but necessarily so. Without Impending Fate (which requires soul shards), Fortune Protection's heals are absolutely dismal. I'd estimate the initial healing and the jumps only heal for about 12k each.

    If there are no soul shards available (and as previously stated: it is HIGHLY unlikely to see a Farseer accrue shards by spamming Insight in the middle of a large fight -- especially when being attacked) then their heals are almost useless in PVP. Soul Shroud heals each target in its radius for anywhere from 800-1200 a tick. Cultivate is similar. Deluge, in the Preserver tree, heals for about 15-20k and it is on a 10s CD.
    Highly unlikely? Well for a start normally farseers are staying behind the group and not in the middle of the fight. You dont have to start refill frags when you are on 0 soul frags, you can do it whenever you have time and opportunity for that. You just have to work around that 30sec cd soul shatter has. And yea, using avatar and insight is not a bad way to refill soul shards and actually not that hard to achieve. The only thing basically, you have to focus on, are soul shards. I dont think refilling soul shards its that big of a problem. Sometimes its easier, sometimes its a bit harder, but still 95% of the time I always have soul shards.

    Why are you using legendary avatar instead of legendary thread of fate, which gives you +10%healing?

    If a farseer can stay behind the raid, manage soul frags, it can easily keep a raid alive. Im playing with farseer and I dont think its hard to play compared to other healing souls. Ridiculous heals and very little effort. Obviously its not as good at surviving as a frostkeeper. Its still an aoe healer. But healing output is crazy and it doesnt really require much effort. So its fair,farseer are not that hard to kill as frostkeepers.


    Here are some images about farseer heals, from the last few days,

    https://imgur.com/qbWvhdL

    https://imgur.com/6QsDDgC

  9. #24
    Telaran Treponem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Originally Posted by disso1
    It's almost like I didn't already take like an hour or more to explain all this stuff above ingame to you some weeks ago, when you asked me for fk-specs, Semi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi View Post

    Who are you talking to? I've never once asked you for advice, though (if you are talking to someone else) I appreciate your time, either way.
    He's talking to the original poster, aka Semiso

  10. #25
    Shadowlander disso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi View Post


    I'm sorry that with your maxed fragments and whatnot, you haven't reached the threshold that I have mentioned. Albeit your argument, I have seen a Frostkeeper/Chloro reach 410k HP (I imagine some was innate through the tree, and others were through buffs/vials/food, ect). I may have an SS that I can fish for, but at the time capturing their HP wasn't of concern to me. Be thankful you can even reach that maximum, however. Other classes don't come remotely close.
    Yeah, I'd realy be interested in such a screen so you can back up your claims, a warfront screenshot please, not dungeon/raid. So far i haven't seen anyone with more HP than me in PVP except for tanks.


    I'm sorry, what? Living Aegis + Natural Healing? Bloom? Flourish? Essence Surge? I know you put "nocd" beside that to make it a more viable point, but there are instant casts in all mage healing souls. Rime is spammable, and there is no CD. Ground Zero + Rime, or GZ + ER? Don't forget Earthen Rapport which passively benefits the mage after every heal or absorb AND their purge. Farseer's FP + IF doesn't come close -- but again, I see the complaints and from where they arise. It looks like a lot, but the lack of utility leaves them easy targets... if you actually target them.

    And Earth Mending, too. A 30s CD with a 30s live time.
    Sorry, i wasn't aware that by spammable heals you just mean every available heal no matter of CD, casttime and the need to be procced.
    So basicly every class got spammable heals...because they have heals. Seriously, what is your definition of spammable heals if it includes a 60s CD heal, cast time heals, passively procced heals? For me it is instant/nocd. You can't spam skills on cooldown. You can't spam casttime skills while running. If you have to wait seconds until CDs are up, you're not spamming.
    Talking about the "incredible 38/38" again.
    Living Aegis + Earthmending. Not part of this spec. Bloom 10s CD, ES 60s CD, Flourish only good to proc Natural Awareness, spamming Rime doesn't make sense since you overwrite your harmony hot which is stupid no matter if LGZ is on or off (I'd realy like to see a change there, so Rime gets an actual use) I'd "spam" Natural Healing instead. But I still wouldnt, because 38/38 and the other FK specs, aren't about spamming heals. I already explained how to properly utilize that spec and it is nothing like just spamming heals. Of course you can "spam" heals. But then you're one of the many guys making a spec look way weaker than it actualy is, and make ppl like Semi go to the forums claiming there is inbalance between totaly similar souls.
    I could make a similar list like you about Farseer. I infact have a mighty one-button macro i just keep spamming outside of CDs when i play Farseer and from my experience, Farseer is way more spamfriendly than fk/chl.

    My post was about comparing 2 different mage healing specs to clarify that either 38/38 isn't broken, or, if you'd prefer it that way, all kinds of fk/chl specs are broken. Not to defend anything. Not to compare it to Farseer. I just wanted to point out that Farseer is a way better mix of aoe and st heal when you claimed 38/38 is perfect. Fk/chl still is a st-spec. It's aoe heal is fluff, nothing else. It will keep noone alive and also doesn't have an overheal/spread mechanic. But I didn't want to compare FK and Farseer, there is no reason to do that. Both specs have a right to exist, both specs are not broken imo, both specs are totaly needed right now, and i love playing them both.

    Who are you talking to? I've never once asked you for advice, though (if you are talking to someone else) I appreciate your time, either way.
    I was mainly talking to Semi, as i already explained him everything some weeks ago, but i also had to answer you because I'm tired of ppl saying 38/38 is broken and other FK specs are not, when they basicly are capable of doing the same.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

  11. #26
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Yeah, I'd realy be interested in such a screen so you can back up your claims, a warfront screenshot please, not dungeon/raid. So far i haven't seen anyone with more HP than me in PVP except for tanks.
    I looked through my SSs and didn't find any where I'd captured his HP. I don't generally like including any players' names in forum posts -- as I don't find it necessary. It exists, I promise you this. I have nothing to gain from saying "LOLZ 410K HEALER HAHA," trust me. I don't want nerfs for any of the healing souls listed here -- I'm just telling you what I saw.


    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    Sorry, i wasn't aware that by spammable heals you just mean every available heal no matter of CD, casttime and the need to be procced.
    So basicly every class got spammable heals...because they have heals. Seriously, what is your definition of spammable heals if it includes a 60s CD heal, cast time heals, passively procced heals? For me it is instant/nocd. You can't spam skills on cooldown. You can't spam casttime skills while running. If you have to wait seconds until CDs are up, you're not spamming.
    All classes have spammable skills, sure. Some are just more efficient and benefit more from tactics over others. I was just stating that there are instant casts in all mage healing souls -- not that all of them are spammable.

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    I already explained how to properly utilize that spec and it is nothing like just spamming heals. Of course you can "spam" heals.
    I could make a similar list like you about Farseer. I infact have a mighty one-button macro i just keep spamming outside of CDs when i play Farseer and from my experience, Farseer is way more spamfriendly than fk/chl.
    That's all I said: heals are spammable. It's unfortunate that it has since been dropped down to smashing one "mighty" macro -- but that is the state of almost every soul in Rift now.

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    My post was about comparing 2 different mage healing specs to clarify that either 38/38 isn't broken, or, if you'd prefer it that way, all kinds of fk/chl specs are broken. Not to defend anything. Not to compare it to Farseer. I just wanted to point out that Farseer is a way better mix of aoe and st heal when you claimed 38/38 is perfect. Fk/chl still is a st-spec. It's aoe heal is fluff, nothing else. It will keep noone alive and also doesn't have an overheal/spread mechanic.
    All I said is that 38/38, in my opinion, is an incredible hybrid. I said minor changes could be made -- but I never stated what those changes were. I never once said "nerf" or "buff." I also still think that if managed properly FK (although mostly ST) can manage "AOE" healing through ST skills (funny how that's opposite to Farseer's current state).

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    I was mainly talking to Semi, as i already explained him everything some weeks ago, but i also had to answer you because I'm tired of ppl saying 38/38 is broken and other FK specs are not, when they basicly are capable of doing the same.
    Lol, yeah. For some reason the way I read the original post I thought when you put "Semi" at the end, that was you... signing the post. Haha, I don't usually read forum names (), I just quote people. Since you had been mostly addressing me, I assumed you'd confused me for someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by disso1 View Post
    But I didn't want to compare FK and Farseer, there is no reason to do that. Both specs have a right to exist, both specs are not broken imo, both specs are totaly needed right now, and i love playing them both.
    We were both trying to explain this from different perspectives, I think. I agree 100%, honestly. They both have their place and they are both strong healers. As previously stated, thanks again for your input on mage healing!

  12. #27
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I'm not sure where I ever stated playing a Farseer was difficult, I simply said they don't need to be nerfed. Great screenshots; I assume one was perhaps Whitefall? The other was obviously Blighted Antichamber. Those are the two most Farseer friendly maps -- probably, hands down. I remember stating that Farseers are easily countered -- but when team-hugging, one individual isn't going to kill a Farseer. His team will crush them before they ever touch said individual.

    On another note, ANY good healer should stay behind the group -- even when they need attacks to boost their overall healing. I've seen plenty of healers run to the front of a group and die. That's the way it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    If a farseer can stay behind the raid, manage soul frags, it can easily keep a raid alive. Im playing with farseer and I dont think its hard to play compared to other healing souls. Ridiculous heals and very little effort. Obviously its not as good at surviving as a frostkeeper. Its still an aoe healer. But healing output is crazy and it doesnt really require much effort. So its fair,farseer are not that hard to kill as frostkeepers.
    I summarized this in my post. If you attack a Farseer, they will die. If a healer doesn't get touched/die, then of course they're going to keep their team alive and have exceptional heals. Isn't that the point of healing? I could be wrong here. I don't remember saying they weren't AOE healers, either. I even said that Farseer's heals are huge -- but they rely heavily on FP & IF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Why are you using legendary avatar instead of legendary thread of fate, which gives you +10%healing?
    I was experimenting with the 7% additional heal based on missing health last I played. Generally I use LToF for the increase, but I was curious to see whether or not the additional heal would be worth it. Not many things are useful over LToF, but I figured I'd give it a try to switch things up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    If a farseer can stay behind the raid, manage soul frags, it can easily keep a raid alive. Im playing with farseer and I dont think its hard to play compared to other healing souls. Ridiculous heals and very little effort. Obviously its not as good at surviving as a frostkeeper. Its still an aoe healer. But healing output is crazy and it doesnt really require much effort. So its fair,farseer are not that hard to kill as frostkeepers.
    That is the entire point of playing a Farseer: staying out of the way and managing your soul shards. Same with any other healer: stay out of the way and manage your CDs. I'm not really understanding the point to your post. Are you saying that they're too much?

    (Note: I meant for this to all be in the same post, but somehow it ended up as two. )

  13. #28
    Soulwalker Luella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctumi View Post
    I'm not sure where I ever stated playing a Farseer was difficult, I simply said they don't need to be nerfed. Great screenshots; I assume one was perhaps Whitefall? The other was obviously Blighted Antichamber. Those are the two most Farseer friendly maps -- probably, hands down. I remember stating that Farseers are easily countered -- but when team-hugging, one individual isn't going to kill a Farseer. His team will crush them before they ever touch said individual.
    Those are from Karthan and Bronze Tomb. I dont think personally blighted is the best map for farseer, more like the worst. But thats probably just personal preference. Overall what Im trying to say is that healing with farseer requires almost no effort and its still very rewarding. Seems kinda unfair to me, but what isnt unfair in rift anymore
    I have to admit, its really good for slacking so I love it

  14. #29
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Those are from Karthan and Bronze Tomb. I dont think personally blighted is the best map for farseer, more like the worst. But thats probably just personal preference. Overall what Im trying to say is that healing with farseer requires almost no effort and its still very rewarding. Seems kinda unfair to me, but what isnt unfair in rift anymore
    I have to admit, its really good for slacking so I love it
    Haha, I meant to say Bronze Tomb (obviously, considering it's the only map that has a greyed out board), I guess Blighted came out because I detest that map and usually get it 3x in a row. Agree that Blighted is a bane for Farseers, and a lot of range in general (unless you can get a good position on top of a bush for x amount of time). Great for the LOS and whatnot, but from my experience it's easier for melee to thrive there.

  15. #30
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    688

    Default

    *Edit*

    Moved the post http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5326518 here

    Makes it a lot easier for constructive feedback, try to keep this one free of arguments
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts