+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rifleman

Thread: "Completely Normalized Warfront" -Archonix

Shadowlander

Question "Completely Normalized Warfront" -Archonix

After watching 9/29/2017's Rift Live Stream several people were asking about any PvP news. At first Archonix said there is no news, but then said they are working figuring out how to make a completely "normalized" Warfront since he mentioned that at some PAX event.

This is mostly a question for the Devs, but I'm sure many will have opinions on this. I'm not trying to assume, so what is a "normalized" Warfront. Can we get some more details on this? I'm not audacious enough to ask for an ETA with 4.3 coming out, but I certainly would like to know more details on what this means.
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 09-29-2017 at 11:48 AM.

I don't know the details, but when they do release this I hope that we don't all end up considering it an... update anomoly!

Get it? No? Fiiine.

Edit: On the serious, though, they might have caught on to some of that potential swing in CP and its ultimate impact.
    Last edited by bitnine; 09-29-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Normalization usually means stat templates, or a fix where the lows are brought up to the levels of the highs. Something to think about.....
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Maybe they'll fix the class balance xP xP xP

jk

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Make everyone level 10...or cap it at level 20 with only the abilities a level 20 has and normalise all gear, disable trinkets, weapon procs etc.

There you go, instant balance, no more one shotting, TTK vastly reduced, let "skillz" dictate the outcome, i mean PvP is about skill right? not running the OP calling or gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Make everyone level 10...or cap it at level 20 with only the abilities a level 20 has and normalise all gear, disable trinkets, weapon procs etc.

There you go, instant balance, no more one shotting, TTK vastly reduced, let "skillz" dictate the outcome, i mean PvP is about skill right? not running the OP calling or gear.
    Reminds me a bit of the lower CoH PvP zones - Bloody Bay and Siren's Call. You had to be at least 15 or 25 respectively to get into them, but all your higher level powers were gone. Not scaled down - GONE.

TEMP POWERS, on the other hand, were totally fair game.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodinn View Post
    After watching 9/29/2017's Rift Live Stream several people were asking about any PvP news. At first Archonix said there is no news, but then said they are working figuring out how to make a completely "normalized" Warfront since he mentioned that at some PAX event.

This is mostly a question for the Devs, but I'm sure many will have opinions on this. I'm not trying to assume, so what is a "normalized" Warfront. Can we get some more details on this? I'm not audacious enough to ask for an ETA with 4.3 coming out, but I certainly would like to know more details on what this means.
    It would be great if the damage per soul could be changed in this "normalized warfront".

Archonix mentioned this a few weeks ago

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileMotio...labyStrawBeary

Im hoping it doesn't mean level 10's can queue with level 70's, or it means they are looking at the bolstering system in pvp
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-11-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

I have about 10% crit power in warfronts and it disturbs me that i have to go through an absurb grind for fragments with crit power to reach 38% cp in wafronts. I have high hopes that they will solve this issue by increasing the amount of crit power we receive in pvp through either fragments or other means. The last thing i have to say is a good way of balancing pvp is disabling any and all legendary abilities so that we are forced to pvp like we did pre 4.0. This would elimate excuses and things like specific abilities hitting too hard or abilities being annoying like legendary grave rot for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Archonix mentioned this a few weeks ago

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileMotio...labyStrawBeary

Im hoping it doesn't mean level 10's can queue with level 70's, or it means they are looking at the bolstering system in pvp
    It might be fun if lvl 10s are set at 70 with the same stats/mastery/legendary powers in Warfronts as the real 70s are. When it goes live (if it does) and they focus on balance for each soul it could spike the player pop.

Wouldnt it take less work fixing souls than building new zones and raids? They could just toss Vlad and Keyens in a room then work them 12+ hours a day for the soul balance or they(Everyone working on Rift) could just start buffing/nerfing the damage of each soul. Rift really needs its focus on each soul being viable and in most cases the damage/healing is the problem, not the soul spells/skills or rotation.

We started playing Rift because there were going to be many options in talent/class trees and I hope this will be the case with "normalized warfront" -- Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    It might be fun if lvl 10s are set at 70 with the same stats/mastery/legendary powers in Warfronts as the real 70s are. When it goes live (if it does) and they focus on balance for each soul it could spike the player pop.

Wouldnt it take less work fixing souls than building new zones and raids? They could just toss Vlad and Keyens in a room then work them 12+ hours a day for the soul balance or they(Everyone working on Rift) could just start buffing/nerfing the damage of each soul. Rift really needs its focus on each soul being viable and in most cases the damage/healing is the problem, not the soul spells/skills or rotation.

We started playing Rift because there were going to be many options in talent/class trees and I hope this will be the case with "normalized warfront" -- Rifle.
    I will be honest. Mention of a "completely normalized" warfront that is available to from level 10 to 70 piques my interest and I would come back specifically to help test it and provide feedback. If they can eventually normalize all warfronts and if they can balance the souls as you said, which is Rift's differentiator from other MMOs then I'd be pretty excited to come back full time.

Long term stretch goal would be to normalize CQ and make it available from 10 to 70 and bring it back! PvP needs more game modes then just warfronts.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

How to fix:

Gear, runes, orbs have zero impact inside a wf.
    Each class has a standard stat template. (ie 10 rogues in the same warfront, all have the same individual base stats. souls still affect base stats)
    Consumables like pots, food, wells, etc. still work.
    Last edited by Ganky; 10-23-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

+ Reply to Thread